Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
This year: Utsumi, Furuya, Shibata, Shiibashi, Nonoue, Iwamoto

Next year: Moue, Ikezawa
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Shibata? Golem Hearts dude? Monri? Tomohiro Yagi?
I said "who you want back" so noobs are out of the question

Shibata is cool too

Yagi tho? people read Goblin Knight and Red Sprite and went "yeah, give me more of that guy"? he's like the new Youichi Amano

interesting ideas with the most horrible execution, weird how both of them are former Golden Future Cup winners

to each his own I guess
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I liked Red Sprite so sure. Arts bland and it didn't start well but I liked everything after the 3rd chap
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Not the most popular but here a few names:
Naoya Matsumoto,Teppei Fukushima, Akira Akatsuki(he need to make a name himself),Miyokawa Masaru(Put him with Nisio in a thing like Henshin Ganbo, it would be fun to read),Takamasa Moue. Ikezawa, Shiibashi and Yagii depend of the series
Also Sorachi ,IShoujo guy, Tosh and Kawada when they finish their series.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
>Naoya Matsumoto



why you do dis to me?

god, I loved pochi kuro *angry tears*
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'd like Matsui back, so that's who I hope for. Kubo as well. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see him work on a fresh new series where he can go all out on. I don't see Kubo coming back anytime soon though.

I will wait eagerly for Kawada's next series when Hinomaru Zumou finishes. I think he's really talented.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
he should do a fantasy manga, the designs he did for Dragon Quest 10 were pretty good

 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Has the Samurai Usagi guy done anything recently? I'd kind of like to see another series from him.

Also it looks like viz is doing a catch up issue for the new series next week like I thought they would. I think they're only a chapter behind on Dr Stone and Robo but it doesn't say how many chapters they'll do for We Never Learn (I think it needs 6 chapters to catch up? I can't imagine them doing that many but they'll probably at least have 2 or 3).
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Does Matsui really not have a fan base? I know he doesn't have much of a fan base in the west besides the cult following, but I figured he would have a fan base in Japan with how huge Assassination Classroom was over there. I hope he comes back, but it doesn't seem like he's coming any time soon considering we've heard nothing new from him. Then again, Tamura did come back out of nowhere, so there is hope.
Speaking of Tamura, I was in the camp of waiting his return, but now that he actually did return, I'm pretty disappointed.
I want Kubo to return mainly for his art. His style is so great that, even though I somewhat enjoyed reading it, it felt wasted on something like Bleach. Any reason to see more of Kubo's art is a plus for me.
Speaking of great art, I love Kei Monri's style, but apparently he needs work in the writing department. According to some French website, all of his works are all action no story (heh, reminds me of Black Clover). I really liked the main character's design for GOLD, so it would be awesome if he polished his writing skills and returned to GOLD as a full blown series.
Moue is another one I'm waiting to return. Here's hoping that he doesn't get discouraged by the cancellation of Ole Golazo.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Has the Samurai Usagi guy done anything recently? I'd kind of like to see another series from him.
I think he did some oneshots and miniseries for Miracle Jump

Does Matsui really not have a fan base? I know he doesn't have much of a fan base in the west besides the cult following, but I figured he would have a fan base in Japan with how huge Assassination Classroom was over there..
I was talking about the west, this site in particular, obviously he's very popular in Japan


Speaking of Tamura, I was in the camp of waiting his return, but now that he actually did return, I'm pretty disappointed.
me too, Marie is so boring it's making me like Beelzebub less
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I would like Akira Akatsuki to return. Dudes art is incredible. Not sure if he should pair up with Nisio again though, as even with Medaka Box they just scraped by and many think it survived on luck. With Shounen shoujo just being cancelled though, I imagine thats still a while off.

Also Yokota Takuma. Straighten up was really good, and he had nice art. Would love to see another series from him.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I want Matsui to come back, and one day I live long enough to see Murata name in WSJ again.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
It really will be awhile until Murata can return to WSJ. With the inconsistent releases of One Punch Man, and how far it is from the original webcomic, it would take forever for the series to end, especially since it's selling as well as it is. Unless he decides to try to do both simultaneously, it could be possible since he would probably only do the art. I mean drawing two manga shouldn't be a problem in comparison to Boichi who's doing 3 manga at once.
Makes me wonder if Inagaki approached Murata about being the artist for Dr. Stone, but he refused for an unknown reason.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I'd be surprised if Murata even wanted to return to WSJ, his current schedule is pretty much as good as it gets since he can release chapters whenever he feels like it and with however many pages he thinks it should have. It'd be hard to go back to an incredibly strict weekly schedule after working this way for so long.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
What returning artist do I want back? I mostly want ppl who haven't found success yet to come in with a new successful series. So I don't really care about Kubo or Komi coming back. I don't expect Kubo to be back in the main magazine though.

I want to see

The UBS is who I want to come back the most. Hope he's part of the next round

Ole Golazo guy.

maybe the Takuan and Batsu guy. I didn't really like the manga at all, but I'd be interested in seeing his second attempt.

That's about it
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I kind want to see Ikezawa Haruto return and get cancelled before ch 20 this time, purely to see what kind of meltdown he'd have.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
"I can write a manga better than Medaka Box" "Reborn should be cancelled"

*writes a yaoi bait about autistic shogi player*

is this the expand your brain meme?

I agree with him tho, Medaka sucked and Reborn should've been cancelled, but the dude is not as good as he think he's
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top