Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
What?! I remember back in 2007 studio Deen did a survery for a remake but they didn't reached the goal, great to see it happens now, I hope this time it's not studio Deen.
"YEah, let´s hope JC Staff, Xebec, A-1, Lerche and other studios don´t take it because this is an awesome manga that deserves the A-game of Madhouse and Bones" Yeah, as if that´s gonna happen. I expect any studio take it anyway, it´s not like the manga is at the same level of Togashi and Araki´s works anyway. Why can´t we measure our expectations better?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
"YEah, let´s hope JC Staff, Xebec, A-1, Lerche and other studios don´t take it because this is an awesome manga that deserves the A-game of Madhouse and Bones" Yeah, as if that´s gonna happen. I expect any studio take it anyway, it´s not like the manga is at the same level of Togashi and Araki´s works anyway. Why can´t we measure our expectations better?
Some people just have preferred studios
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
how come U19 gets 3 volumes for 17 chapters run
while Poro gets 2 volumes for 17 chapters run?

iirc Poro sold way better than U19
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
how come U19 gets 3 volumes for 17 chapters run
while Poro gets 2 volumes for 17 chapters run?

iirc Poro sold way better than U19
I haven't seen the volumes but I remember Iron Knight included one of the author's oneshots in each volume to pad it out so U19 might be doing that too.
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
"YEah, let´s hope JC Staff, Xebec, A-1, Lerche and other studios don´t take it because this is an awesome manga that deserves the A-game of Madhouse and Bones" Yeah, as if that´s gonna happen. I expect any studio take it anyway, it´s not like the manga is at the same level of Togashi and Araki´s works anyway. Why can´t we measure our expectations better?
Why not A-1 or JC? They had quite good shows. I just don't like Deen at all, not because of the 99's adaptation, but generally it's a studio that tends not to do so well IMO manga adaptations.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm putting my money on Mappa since I've been assuming that the Shaman King reboot which was rejected by Takei was going to be by Mappa, and that this is their Plan B of sorts.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I thought it was either Shaman King or Kenshin that MAPPA wanted, so isn't Kenshin their plan B?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Well they could wanna do a variety of old series, not strictly the ones mentioned by the Mappa president. I didn't mean to say that Hoshin was literally their second choice. I still wouldn't mind a new Kenshin anime either.
 

Styx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2016
Messages
880
Reaction score
593
Country
Russian Federation
I never heard of Soul Hunter, looks and sounds pretty generic, but I'm game for trying any new anime. lol

(still holding out for the day we get a S3 announcement for DtB or a new manga announcement. :lesad:)
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Some people just have preferred studios
Some people sounds like 9/10 people hear. Oh wait, sure Black Clover and UQ Holder are high quality products, why aren´t they made by Mappa and Madhouse and Bones? Cause they´re not HQ products, like Houshin Engi and Shaman King are. It´s better to have the right expectations, because Ufotable is delivering yet another pretty but boring series with Katsugeki: Token Ranbu. And sure Madhouse and Mappa could too.
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Mappa can still do kenshin in 2019 or at least that's what I believe they will do to celebrate 25 years since it's publication, and hoshin engi could be adapted amazingly with 75 episodes which would fit assuming it starts spring 2018.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Kinda worried that Toei may get their hands on Kimetsu No Yaiba.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How is Shoseki ranking this week? i think that Tokyo Ghoul will have a boost this week because of the live action.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
How is Shoseki ranking this week? i think that Tokyo Ghoul will have a boost this week because of the live action.
Did Gintama get a boost when it's live action was released?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Some people sounds like 9/10 people hear. Oh wait, sure Black Clover and UQ Holder are high quality products, why aren´t they made by Mappa and Madhouse and Bones? Cause they´re not HQ products, like Houshin Engi and Shaman King are. It´s better to have the right expectations, because Ufotable is delivering yet another pretty but boring series with Katsugeki: Token Ranbu. And sure Madhouse and Mappa could too.
People like studios that have a good track record and would prefer their favorite series to go to consistent studios rather than studios with less than stellar track records
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
People like studios that have a good track record and would prefer their favorite series to go to consistent studios rather than studios with less than stellar track records
Mappa's track record hasn't been all that good. Remember how they followed up GARO: Hono no Kokuin with Crimson Moon which was so bad they just gave up on it in the 23rd episode? Or DAYS from last year? And currently Virgin Soul which is a significant step down from the first season and Madhouse has done a top of outright bad shit and still to this day people just selectively tend to forget about them and highlight the good shit more often.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Mappa's track record hasn't been all that good. Remember how they followed up GARO: Hono no Kokuin with Crimson Moon which was so bad they just gave up on it in the 23rd episode? Or DAYS from last year? And currently Virgin Soul which is a significant step down from the first season and Madhouse has done a top of outright bad shit and still to this day people just selectively tend to forget about them and highlight the good shit more often.
I'm not arguing what studio I want. I'm saying that there's no need to criticize people for saying what studio they want
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Yes Mappa isn't perfect, nor Madhouse, nor any studio. Yet I haven't seen a remake or a modern anime(2008 and onwards) or an old classic that went wrong. Here we have a good source material and since it's a finished story it's a lot easier to adapt which could lead to an amazing series.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
:verilyI woke up to new Houshin Engi anime.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm not a old geezer, so I had to look for the date of this manga since I've heard of it just by name so far and it ended in 2000! 2000! TWO THOUSAND!
Like, I think everybody here that hopes that a given series receives anime will not lose their hopes after this. XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top