Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
hmmmm, I guess so, although she was drawing someone else stories back then and she's doing another person story now

she probably just an illustrator and not a writer
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The guy who wrote Gourmet Gakuen Toriko is the writer/artist of iShoujo (Which is now iShoujo+ on Jump Plus, and apparently ended a couple months ago).

But yeah the artist isn't doing anything. He was mentioned in Shimabukuro's "Memories of Oda-san Manga" as one of his old friends. That's Mizumoto. He won some sorta newbie award the same time Oda and Shimabukuro did. He had a Jump series around that time (1998), too, which got quickly cancelled, called Ga-Row.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=104418



I remember looking it up at the time I was translating that Memories with Oda-san one-shot and thought it was kinda interesting.

Oh wait hang on, apparently he's doing a series for MangaBox called Dead Ranking. https://www.mangabox.me/reader/59738/episodes/
 
Last edited:

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kinda off topic, but kewl, I just wanted to say thank you for working on Toriko.

It was a great series, and your translations made it all the more memorable for me. Well, you and Shima, that is. :P
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Agreed. Thank you for working on Takeshi too since there's obviously no official english translation for it. It's really a unique/cool concept, much like how Toriko is but I feel the characters are going to be more fleshed out in Takeshi than in Toriko, which is understandable. Really hyped to see it fully translated one day.
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Saiki poster advertising new characters in S2

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Saiki S2 Key Visual

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Message from the author of Joreishi Rentarou no Yakusoku (GFC winner)
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Since Jump Festa is closed, i have a question for a reboot series (Hoishin Engi)

Will there be more news at Jump Festa for Hoishin Engi?

Does Shuiesha see another potential boost for Hoishin Engi or they just revive it just because?

If this have as much attraction as JoJo or even half of that, will we see more merchandises and video games?

---------

You know, the girl in the GFC winner reminds me of Todoroki from BNHA :XD , which remind me of another character from a while back i can't remember.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I really like the art style. Kind of like a mix between Oda's and Hori's.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I really like the art style. Kind of like a mix between Oda's and Hori's.
Considering two of his favourites are OP and Heroaca, that makes a lot of sense. The art was really good in the one-shot, though the writing could be better. Given that he's only 19 though, he has tremendous potential. I only hope that he doesn't fizz out like other promising rookies.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Since Jump Festa is closed, i have a question for a reboot series (Hoishin Engi)

Will there be more news at Jump Festa for Hoishin Engi?

Does Shuiesha see another potential boost for Hoishin Engi or they just revive it just because?

If this have as much attraction as JoJo or even half of that, will we see more merchandises and video games?
There's a small stage event with Taikobo and Sibuxiang's anime VAs as part of the Young Jump x Ultra Jump stuff there, and they'll be exhibiting stuff from the manga along with JoJo, TG:re and Golden Kamuy with that too.
No maker booths I've seen on the JF site are doing anything for it there though, and Jump isn't making any original goods for it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Saiki poster advertising new characters in S2

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Saiki S2 Key Visual
Chori chori nuun!

Message from the author of Joreishi Rentarou no Yakusoku (GFC winner)
I really hope the series is better than the oneshot or better yet, let's hope he serialize Sky Claw instead
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks, you guys. I'm hoping that once Gintama ends I have more time to do Takeshi more regularly. I dunno if I'm gonna keep doing it all the way to the end, since it's like 230 chapters long, but I'll keep at it.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Saiki poster advertising new characters in S2


--- Double Post Merged, Yesterday at 11:44 PM, Original Post Date: Yesterday at 11:38 PM --- Saiki S2 Key Visual
This has me so absurdly pumped! I've followed the manga somewhat from where the first season ended, but the humor was so great, that I almost want to be surprised when I watch the episodes. I guess I'll have to see how many episodes this season will be
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
here's a weird coincidence, the guy that won 2017 GFC is 19


the guy that won 2016 GFC was 19 too (he's 20 now)



he has a considerably shittier taste tho, thankfully he said Ping Pong after Bleach :XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
edit: nvm I suck in Japanese years, Heisei 8 is 1996, so he was 20 and now he's 21
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Horikoshi is dying again. He released a 13 page chapter.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Horikoshi is dying again. He released a 13 page chapter.
I hope in exchange for this he's putting in extra work into the colour pages and Star Wars poster. Considering expectations are high for the poster, if its not extra awesome, it'll he'll let down a lot of people.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
god is dead
Not sure if I'm happy or sad I don't see WNL or Yuuna on that fidget spinner list lol. Maybe they're the 2 blank circles in that page. Just when I thought fidget spinners were dead...
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
:hip Ya boi Zeroichi is on it too.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
and they placed him right next to my actual boi

and so the triggerer has became the triggered
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top