Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 833 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanzo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I know the designs are taken straight from the manga which had "anime like" designs to begin with, but looking at them like this; it really doesn't stand out from the average battle harem anime. The music sounds great and Yuuna's voice is unexpectedly deep but the designs just seem incredibly bland. The color design is also really bland. If I didn't know better, I'd think this was another Light Novel based harem series.
All the director's works have had the bland looking color design on them, so it's not a unique choice the staff made. Don't know why they chose a character designer with little to no experience though.
I feel Shueisha picked Xebec just because of TLR. Though it might please Miura-sensei since he owns figures of TLR characters.

CEOAmaterasu

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
At least the Yuuna pv wasn't as disappointing as the Shokugeki no Soma s4 pv. I feel like the quality for every season gets worse and worse as it gets adapted (and it's only going to get worse from here considering they're adapting the most awful and dragged on arc ever)

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
All the director's works have had the bland looking color design on them, so it's not a unique choice the staff made. Don't know why they chose a character designer with little to no experience though.
I feel Shueisha picked Xebec just because of TLR. Though it might please Miura-sensei since he owns figures of TLR characters.
Both the Director and Character Designer are TLR veterans. The director has done storyboards for quite a few episodes of the series and the character designer was animation director for a few episodes in TLR. While its not like the TLR staff is transferring over, the spirit is definitely being passed on. They will definitely get TLR scriptwriters and episode directors on for this series. I just don't know if that's the right decision though. Just having a good amount of fanservice doesn't cut it anymore. Sin Nanatsu no Taizai proved this. I know they want this to get many seasons like TLR but this bland look doesn't really help it stand out in the sea of light novel adaptations that will air alongside it.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm willing to let Yuuna get sacrificed if we get good adaptations for Kimetsu and Neverland instead xD

Luca11

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Wake Island
I'm slightly disappointed that there's no Haikyuu season 4. But we get a special event/exhibition in spring so maybe that's when the new season will be announced...

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm slightly disappointed that there's no Haikyuu season 4. But we get a special event/exhibition in spring so maybe that's when the new season will be announced...
I don't think we need to worry, we'll eventually get another season for sure.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Nah, this is just Xebec's own incompetence as a studio.

Luca11

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Wake Island
I don't think we need to worry, we'll eventually get another season for sure.
I still haven't given up on a new season in 2018 yet.

So apparently it's gonna be a manga genga exhibition at Sendai gymnasium.

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm willing to let Yuuna get sacrificed if we get good adaptations for Kimetsu and Neverland instead xD
Mean. :-_-
That will probably actually happen, though I won't complain unless Shueisha doesn't give as much promotion as they did to TLR.
Nah, this is just Xebec's own incompetence as a studio.
Was just saying that exact color design is prevalent in all of his directed TV anime. Wasn't saying Xebec was competent.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Mean. :-_-
That will probably actually happen, though I won't complain unless Shueisha doesn't give as much promotion as they did to TLR.

Was just saying that exact color design is prevalent in all of his directed TV anime. Wasn't saying Xebec was competent.
Well, in general Xebec's color design is pretty atrocious and the director mostly worked for Xebec, so I feel like Xebec is to blame more. Xebec seriously only care about serious Sci-Fi things like Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 and mecha series like FMP.
I wish I didn't have to be mean regarding Yuuna, but the damage has been done already...

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yuuna OVA will be bundled with Vol. 11, I think it's the body soap chapter but not sure.
Looks like this OVA will be the first OVA-bundled-with-a-volume from Shueisha to be released in Blu-ray format. All others before were released as standard DVDs.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Looks like this OVA will be the first OVA-bundled-with-a-volume from Shueisha to be released in Blu-ray format. All others before were released as standard DVDs.
Finally, it was always annoying that in general OVA's would only get released in DVD quality when they came in bundled with special manga editions. Hopefully this trend continues everywhere.

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
inb4 Kimetsu get Toei, it'll be hilarious to see. All these anime talks and studio talks from the past few months will go to waste. Or worse it follows HZ route, all these dumb talks about sacrifice anime(huh?). It's the exact same talk about MHA S1 having 13 episodes. All criticisms before the season drop.

@iceemperor I'm sorry but Sin Nanatsu no Tazai hasn't prove anything yet, same thing with Keijo if you plan to bring that up. They both failed for 3 specific reasons which this isn't a thread to discuss.

Anime will air in the summer, so they will release more PVs (along with the reveal of 2 merchandises) with other characters too. If the anime doesn't boost the manga by that time then feel free to bring it up again. For now just relax, it's not that hard. With the anime, Yuragi is safe for a 3+ years serialization, and depend on when Tadahiro plan to end it/anime become a success and series become a franchise, 4~5 years serialization in WSJ is pretty bazaar if you ask me.
--------------------------
on SnS split cour

Whether you absolutely despite it or love it to death, it's still impressive to me that it manage to get a split cour. At the very beginning all the Chinese leaks that it will have 24 episodes, all of the sources end up deleting it. If you think it will get a split cour in its S3 when S2 have 13 episodes and no manga sale boost, current arc at that time drop the manga sale, S3 has a OVA that should be watch before the first episode, S3 being a cheap advertisements :YOU'RE LYING. It's still very impressive regardless.It shows that Soma isn't going anywhere for another 1.5~2+ years. I just hope that the author finds a way to bring back the enjoyment of the old Soma soon.

I don't know, maybe my definition of success is way different than you guys so i have these optimistic thought.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
inb4 Kimetsu get Toei, it'll be hilarious to see. All these anime talks and studio talks from the past few months will go to waste. Or worse it follows HZ route, all these dumb talks about sacrifice anime(huh?). It's the exact same talk about MHA S1 having 13 episodes. All criticisms before the season drop.

@iceemperor I'm sorry but Sin Nanatsu no Tazai hasn't prove anything yet, same thing with Keijo if you plan to bring that up. They both failed for 3 specific reasons which this isn't a thread to discuss.

Anime will air in the summer, so they will release more PVs (along with the reveal of 2 merchandises) with other characters too. If the anime doesn't boost the manga by that time then feel free to bring it up again. For now just relax, it's not that hard. With the anime, Yuragi is safe for a 3+ years serialization, and depend on when Tadahiro plan to end it/anime become a success and series become a franchise, 4~5 years serialization in WSJ is pretty bazaar if you ask me.
--------------------------
on SnS split cour

Whether you absolutely despite it or love it to death, it's still impressive to me that it manage to get a split cour. At the very beginning all the Chinese leaks that it will have 24 episodes, all of the sources end up deleting it. If you think it will get a split cour in its S3 when S2 have 13 episodes and no manga sale boost, current arc at that time drop the manga sale, S3 has a OVA that should be watch before the first episode, S3 being a cheap advertisements :YOU'RE LYING. It's still very impressive regardless.It shows that Soma isn't going anywhere for another 1.5~2+ years. I just hope that the author finds a way to bring back the enjoyment of the old Soma soon.

I don't know, maybe my definition of success is way different than you guys so i have these optimistic thought.
Ouch, you got me. xD

I said Yuuna got sacrificed as a joke, as I said, the damage is done already.

Boku no Hero was being handled by Bones so I was never worried about the anime, 13 episodes or not.

These anime studio talks will not go to waste, because they are discussions, nothing more, we can speculate, can't we?

Edit: Actually, speculating and hoping for the best is literally the only thing we can do over here. My optimism grows or dies off whenever we do get the final announcement with the studio and all of that.

It's OK, you can root against Kimetsu all you want, whatever will happen will happen, but it will get an anime, so it won't go the HZ route and even HZ can still get an anime, even if the chances are getting lower by the day.

Last edited:

Tanzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
What's the +5? So roughly 400000 per copy? Not stellar but not bad either.
The Shinomiya spinoff series' volumes. (L'etoile)

HIGAN0

Reaction score
Country
Eyrie
Lol
http://www.dbmovie-20th.com/
Edit: It changed, it used to just say "coming soon".
MHA S3 officially uploaded PV
Todoroki CG ice looks bad,if i remember correctly they rarely use any CG in First and second season..
New Hoshin Engi PV

Those backgrounds...:hearts
Looks good, but 2 cour shows are rarely consistent recently...hopefully this one has good schedule

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think that's CG.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Todoroki CG ice looks bad,if i remember correctly they rarely use any CG in First and second season..
I don't see a big difference. S2 is brighter because of the daylight, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.