Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Alas, I know of one man for the job.....or at least I thought I knew him
Takamasa with Galaxy Gangs?
I still want to see this on Jump.
But Takamasa does not cooperate.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
kids they killed Shudan and are keeping SW#1 alive so I wouldn't say their taste got better



I'll pretend you mean Hisao Tamaki and not who you actually meant
yeah but its soccer so you shouldve known.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Takamasa with Galaxy Gangs?
I still want to see this on Jump.
But Takamasa does not cooperate.
soon:nunoamaze
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
kids they killed Shudan and are keeping SW#1 alive so I wouldn't say their taste got better
Between Spring Weapon and Shudan, which sells more per volume?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Takamasa and Shibata in Jump with successful manga:pogchamp
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Between Spring Weapon and Shudan, which sells more per volume?
Neither has actually posted any real numbers but according to Shoseki
- Shudan's first volume got about 14,000
- Spring Weapon has never been over 9,000
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I feel like Yokota (the mangaka of Shuudan) probably has a dedicated fanbase.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
next month Shudan and SW#1 new volumes are released on the same day

so we will see what will sell better then, pretty sure it will be Shudan tho
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
- Spring Weapon has never been over 9,000
The anti-Dragonball Z lol. But seriously, that's really bad. Was Samon selling more per-volume than Spring Weapon at least (since it pretty much took Samon's place as the undying comedy)?
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Schedule for the coming weeks:
Issue 7 - Bozebeats starts (Cover/Lead CP)
Issue 8 - Actage starts (Cover/Lead CP)
Issue 9 - HxH returns (CP)
- TBA: Oneshots from the big creators, anniversary stuff (Yuuna, Kimetsu, WNL, Dr. Stone, RxL)
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is there flouride in the tap water in Japan? Seriously. What the hell is going on!? You are seeing the three main Shounen mags trending to romcoms the past few years and its just absolutely disgraceful.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
The anti-Dragonball Z lol. But seriously, that's really bad. Was Samon selling more per-volume than Spring Weapon at least (since it pretty much took Samon's place as the undying comedy)?
Samon was a 30k seller til the end. Same with Sesuji (Shuudan mangaka's previous manga), Hinomaru Zumou, and previously Kimetsu no Yaiba. AKA the 30k Club
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Schedule for the coming weeks:
Issue 7 - Bozebeats starts (Cover/Lead CP)
Issue 8 - Actage starts (Cover/Lead CP)
Issue 9 - HxH returns (CP)
- TBA: Oneshots from the big creators, anniversary stuff (Yuuna, Kimetsu, WNL, Dr. Stone, RxL)
Bozebeats doesn't seem like my kind of series, so I'm not sure I can judge it fairly. Actage, on the other hand, I will be watching closely. Since I'm assuming this will be filling the void left by Cross Account's departure, I'm curious to see if it'll fair better at positively differentiating itself from the other similar series.
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I feel like Yokota (the mangaka of Shuudan) probably has a dedicated fanbase.
He has a dedicated fan-base and an even more dedicated hate-base. There were people on 5ch that supposedly found his wife's blog and began bashing due to what she wrote there though I didn't read up on it too much. It was little too stalkerish.

Shuudan's (or his personal twitter) posted a tweet saying some fan/group bought 100 copies.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
The anti-Dragonball Z lol. But seriously, that's really bad. Was Samon selling more per-volume than Spring Weapon at least (since it pretty much took Samon's place as the undying comedy)?
General rule-of-thumb: Everything outsold Spring Weapon, even many cancelled series. It's sales are that bad.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
It seems that the new generation really only wants things that look cute and aimless slice of life. Nobody wants heart-filled character development with unpredictable drama at every corner, making your skin crawl wanting for more. We were truly spoiled, seemingly everything was greatness back then. Such a sad era to witness
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
He has a dedicated fan-base and an even more dedicated hate-base. There were people on 5ch that supposedly found his wife's blog and began bashing due to what she wrote there though I didn't read up on it too much. It was little too stalkerish.
Well damn. I can't see why people would hate him. I wonder if it has to do with that scene from Onani Master Kurosawa. Even now it infuriates people on /a/.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Schedule for the coming weeks:
Issue 7 - Bozebeats starts (Cover/Lead CP)
Issue 8 - Actage starts (Cover/Lead CP)
Issue 9 - HxH returns (CP)
- TBA: Oneshots from the big creators, anniversary stuff (Yuuna, Kimetsu, WNL, Dr. Stone, RxL)
I hope Kishis new manga is in weekly jump and not monthly like Boruto
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
It seems that the new generation really only wants things that look cute and aimless slice of life. Nobody wants heart-filled character development with unpredictable drama at every corner, making your skin crawl wanting for more. We were truly spoiled, seemingly everything was greatness back then. Such a sad era to witness
Bruh are we reading the same magazine
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I hope Kishis new manga is in weekly jump and not monthly like Boruto
He's most likely going to do an online serialization. I think he mentioned that he was interested in doing an online manga a while back.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Is there flouride in the tap water in Japan? Seriously. What the hell is going on!? You are seeing the three main Shounen mags trending to romcoms the past few years and its just absolutely disgraceful.
Shounen magazines trying to spur on romantic emotions of its readers to help curb the declining population /s. I'm the minority here who has been absolutely loving this trend, but it would be nice to see a few do well just for the sake of having a diverse and fiscally-well magazine.
Samon was a 30k seller til the end. Same with Sesuji (Shuudan mangaka's previous manga), Hinomaru Zumou, and previously Kimetsu no Yaiba. AKA the 30k Club
Although those numbers aren't great, they're still better than much of what's been brought in after it was cancelled. RIP Samon, you were truly too good for this world. Hope your trolling up in Heaven(?) with the other greats right now lol
General rule-of-thumb: Everything outsold Spring Weapon, even many cancelled series. It's sales are that bad.
That's really crazy. I just kind of blindly assumed it had to of been selling nearly as well as Samon for them to keep it around like this. With sales like that, I can see why people around here are as vocal about its survival as they are now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top