Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
About damn time!
Now a good studio/staff please.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
we should instead hope for good planning and production time so we dont get rushed looking episodes and endless recaps (looking at you Beatless)
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Not that I don't like it but isn't MHA already have cover 3 month ago?
Still, it has way less Jump covers than Haikyuu or Black Clover. Hero Academia deserves some covers.
From issue 1 until now:

Haikyuu
Cover: 3
CP: 2

The Promised Neverland
Cover: 2
CP: 4

Boku no Hero
Cover: 1 + 1 (Christmas Cover, shared with the other protagonists of the magazine)
CP: 1

Dr. Stone
Cover: 1
CP: 5

Kimetsu no Yaiba
Cover: 1
CP: 4

Black Clover
Cover: 1
CP: 3

We Never Learn
Cover: 1
CP: 3

So in your opinions, when does Kimetsu starts blowing up? I read about 20 chapters a while back and it's average imo lol
I think the author was afraid of being canceled and rushed things. I just start liking it after about 30 chapters. So, yeah, the Mountain Arc.

I'd say, right now in Shonen Jump, Kimetsu no Yaiba is the most similar title to HunterxHunter.
For me it's more a mix of Bleach with Inu Yasha. XD
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
From issue 1 until now:

Haikyuu
Cover: 3
CP: 2

The Promised Neverland
Cover: 2
CP: 4

Boku no Hero
Cover: 1 + 1 (Christmas Cover, shared with the other protagonists of the magazine)
CP: 1

Dr. Stone
Cover: 1
CP: 5

Kimetsu no Yaiba
Cover: 1
CP: 4

Black Clover
Cover: 1
CP: 3

We Never Learn
Cover: 1
CP: 3


I think the author was afraid of being canceled and rushed things. I just start liking it after about 30 chapters. So, yeah, the Mountain Arc.


For me it's more a mix of Bleach with Inu Yasha. XD
Pretty much perfect comparison. Bleach with the swordsman and the Soul Society captain's and Inu Yasha with the setting. It's nothing like HxH
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
It's not much like HxH but early on the series did have a strong Togashi influence.

Inuyasha meets Bleach is the perfect comparison though.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ANN with that pretty glowing review of yuuna v1, didnt know it wasnt as generic as I thought it would be.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Has it been confirmed that Kimetsu is being produced by Aniplex as well?
I remember there was that report a couple days ago that it’s site has the same host as Neverland’s site
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
They gave world’s end harem a B- too but gave the story a C+. Rosy reviews but guess that’s how they saw it.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Has it been confirmed that Kimetsu is being produced by Aniplex as well?
I remember there was that report a couple days ago that it’s site has the same host as Neverland’s site
How can it be confirmed when it hasnt even been acknowledge officially yet?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
How can it be confirmed when it hasnt even been acknowledge officially yet?
Well we found out Aniplex was producing Neverland like an entire month before the magazine was officially released.
I worded wrong though. I don’t mean confirmed as in “officially announced”.
I saw ppl on 4chan saying that Aniplex is the producer based on the site. I’m just asking if that news has been confirmed by anyone trusted. Or is it just a bs rumor
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
18404 *280416 食 (Soma)
15381 *243757 ブ (BC)
13200 *218994 B (Boruto)
-
12082 *588140 僕 (Heroaca)
11202 2294791 O (OP)
*9585 *991418 H (HxH)
*8552 *129983 ダ (Darlifra)

HxH is seemingly getting a boost. Its nothing close to Kingdom but a lot of volumes are moving on POS and Volume 35 will probably continue to sell in the top 100 for a while now.
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia

I wonder how much would DOORS! sale?

if i am a fan of One Piece and I can buy a collection of the Cover Stories in one book, I would definitely do so.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Alright Viz gimme that.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
18404 *280416 食 (Soma)
15381 *243757 ブ (BC)
13200 *218994 B (Boruto)
-
12082 *588140 僕 (Heroaca)
11202 2294791 O (OP)
*9585 *991418 H (HxH)
*8552 *129983 ダ (Darlifra)

HxH is seemingly getting a boost. Its nothing close to Kingdom but a lot of volumes are moving on POS and Volume 35 will probably continue to sell in the top 100 for a while now.
Jump should give up doing anime and invest in Ame Talk.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Suddenly Fallen Angels has released like 10 chapters of Hinomaru

 
Last edited:

nonowa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2017
Messages
222
Reaction score
141
Age
36
Country
Mexico
Well we found out Aniplex was producing Neverland like an entire month before the magazine was officially released.
I worded wrong though. I don’t mean confirmed as in “officially announced”.
I saw ppl on 4chan saying that Aniplex is the producer based on the site. I’m just asking if that news has been confirmed by anyone trusted. Or is it just a bs rumor
Aniplex as Neverland's producer is confirmed, you can read it on the official site itself.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I'm having a bizarre sensation. Last years there has been a golden period for Jump in new titles (Hinomaru, Hero Academia, Black Clover, Yuuna-san more or less, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Promised Neverland, BokuBen, Dr.Stone), but right now we are in middle of one dark period of titles which don't manage to hold themselves because the hard competition (similar to end 2009-end 2011 period. 2010 ''big titles'' were Magico and Emigma, and didn't get success).

PD: About Yuuna-san I have a theory. It had somewhat success because Nisekoi was ending and it was like its baton pass, but the Love-Ru way. Then since BokuBen arrived in early 2017, which was going in the same line as Nisekoi, Yuuna-san has fallen to irrelevance.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Aniplex as Neverland's producer is confirmed, you can read it on the official site itself.
No, I’m talking about Kimetsu

A few days ago people apparently found out that the Kimetsu website has the same host as Neverland.
So a few people on 4chan have been saying that Kimetsu is being produced by Aniplex like Neverland.
I’m just asking if there’s any validity to that, or did somebody just make a bs rumor
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top