Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
I think we'll see two cancellations in the very near future and the other flops will end along Neverland around New Year.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think the Beast Tokio Taisei trio is certain to be gone, which would open up for a 4 round serialization. Kamio Yui is a possibility seeing the recent developments, but not sure.
Well, I still think Beast Children will be in the magazine until the end of the Rugby World Cup, which is not far from happening, it would be 4 issues. They can even hold the round until there, by what I'm seeing in the three series they are not going to end smoothly in less than 2~3 weeks.
I will read Yui Kamio today and then I can judge whether the ending is close.
 

Rain Spectre

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 11, 2019
Messages
3,255
Reaction score
4,663
Age
27
Country
Australia
I'm guessing Taisei-Beast-Shinobi now, then Yui ends with Neverland a few months later.
 

Ryuusei

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2019
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
12,832
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just wait until people jump on the KNY hate-bandwagon and say it's the worst thing since Hitler. Anytime anything gets popular it automatically gets a hater base.
And so the circle of life (or of manga/anime fandom) continues.

TPN Color Spread
Posuka's art is just *chef kiss*. What a stunning spread.

Who are likely to become the winners?
MHA and KNY is the obvious answer with how bigger they are in the west right now.

For references, Kimetsu already beat My Hero Academia 2018 sales (remember that MHA got 2nd place last year: 6,718,185)

My prediction for 2020 is that Kimetsu will slow down a little, and with Haikyuu anime coming back in Winter plus MHA getting anime aired + movie, I'm betting on Haikyuu getting the silver medal next year, and MHA or Kimetsu the bronze medal, with Neverland getting out of the race.
I don't think HQ will overtake MHA next year. HQ is already selling 100k less within a month (though we still don't know if it will continue this trend, have to keep an eye on the upcoming volume) and I don't think the anime coming back will give it a significant boost. KNY's boost will surely slow down as we probably won't see any animated content until 2020, but it will remain one of the biggest sellers. My bet is OP > MHA > KNY > HQ in terms of overall sales. I'm not including TPN since I think it will be done by the middle of the year, but the volumes will most likely keep selling more than HQ's.

Wonder what Jujutsu's boost will look like after it gets its anime?
Hopefully, it's a good boost. I want the series to explode in popularity.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
Issue 46. In other words...just over a week.
Yep, to match Mitama and Yozakura ID numberings with the rest. Those two will have it's 4th IDs this week, the rest will be at 5th ones, then all will reset for the next ID batch.
 

Ctkk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
692
Reaction score
874
Country
Highgarden
In the most hilarious timeline, Yuuna decides to end and Kamio Yui escapes the axe once again.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There is no "hate-bandwagon", there is a series getting popular and more people realizing it exists. The probability of finding people who don't like it is greater. It is just Statistics. Anybody has the right to like or dislike anything and comment about it, people that get offended by that and want to shut down people's opinions is what should review their concepts. We are talking about manga series, not their families. XD
 

animeexpert

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2019
Messages
1,635
Reaction score
1,269
Age
29
Country
Norway
Illustrations by Oda Eiichiro, Horikoshi Kohei, Tabata Yuki & Miura Tadahiro Commemorating the Conclusion of Shokugeki no Soma

Aah, was such a good manga till that distaster of the last arc had to happen. They really had to go with the brother arc idea..-_-;
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Another JJK CP. Great!, gives more hope for an anime announcement soon and finally will gets it lead covers after
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I mean,
-Hero Academia cover next issue
-Hero Academia 2nd spinoff special chapter
-Potentially Hero Academia cover in December again for the movie
-4th popularity poll results soon
-Anime S4
-Movie 2
-3 manga spinoffs (one of them has already 60 chapters, and other one ended with like +100 chapters).
-2 databooks
-4 light novels

Do you guys think Hero Academia has became the main 2010s Jump franchise? I mean, is the manga of this decade with the most manga spinoffs and movies, and in Jump collab covers you see how without counting Luffy, Deku is the most important character in these covers (with Hinata).
I mean, it already proof itself right. So why not
--- Double Post Merged, ---

people can like or hate a series for their own personal reasons or for no reason at all, some can come to dislike a series after some time, or to follow it forever.

I myself don't let other people or other external affect my enjoyment of a series, nor dictate other on why and how the should enjoy/hate a series.

I sometimes would give suggestions for series I enjoy and have other people or other external factors direct me to new series that I could potentially enjoy.

if people enjoyed a series I don't like, i can understand it, and if a person hated a series i like i can understand it.

no series is perfect because nothing is.

I would correct people on the factual objectives aspect, but anything subjective is ultimately up to their own, I can give my opinion on it but that's it. I can't & won't force my opinion to others so they would agree with me.

ultimately I don't care about others and let me myself and others be themselves. I would still change over time since I'm still human & my opinion on some series/aspects of a series can change in the future.

but hey, that is just my opinion at the moment
You right, like with sao. Funny enough it was the most populair thing to hate on it after its end on season 1, but it was exactly the show that broke the industry and opened the door for its successors of its genre (isekai) and inspired on what we have today. Now every of its genre does the exact thing or just make it a gag/comedy. Sorry I did go off topic, but what mangAniMy said it really something that Everyone should get a grip.

But also this. as consumer you mostly want something seeing evolve to keep enjoying what u love, it depends of its genre and how repetitive something can be. Or controversial things as harems, but that's something for another time:hi. Back to jump,
 
Last edited:

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Interview with Kubo? I'm most excited for that. Wanna know what he's been upto and if he has plans to return.

There is no "hate-bandwagon", there is a series getting popular and more people realizing it exists. The probability of finding people who don't like it is greater. It is just Statistics. Anybody has the right to like or dislike anything and comment about it, people that get offended by that and want to shut down people's opinions is what should review their concepts. We are talking about manga series, not their families. XD
Band-wagoning is definitely something that exists tho. If its "cool" to like some stuff, it's cool to hate other stuff. Happens all the time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The movie industry is a lot different from the manga industry though.
But he means records can be broken. Take the music industry and how the highest debut for an album was not broken for almost 20 years and then came Adele's 25 and shattered that record. Or how in tennis people said Pete Sampras's record of 14 Grand slams cannot be broken by any other man and then came Roger Federer and broke it in less than 10 years. And now we have three players who are still playing who sit multiple slams above that number with no intention of slowing down.
If records can be made, they can most definitely be broken.
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Aah, was such a good manga till that distaster of the last arc had to happen. They really had to go with the brother arc idea..-_-;
Aizen's wanabee arc was also a disaster.
The Food detective arc was the only decent thing after the father appear.
 

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
But he means records can be broken. Take the music industry and how the highest debut for an album was not broken for almost 20 years and then came Adele's 25 and shattered that record. Or how in tennis people said Pete Sampras's record of 14 Grand slams cannot be broken by any other man and then came Roger Federer and broke it in less than 10 years. And now we have three players who are still playing who sit multiple slams above that number with no intention of slowing down.
If records can be made, they can most definitely be broken.
I think the main problem with a potential future series surpassing One Piece's total sales is that not only it would need to sell 2-3 million copies per volume, it would also have to go on for more than 100 volumes just like OP.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think the main problem with a potential future series surpassing One Piece's total sales is that not only it would need to sell 2-3 million copies per volume, it would also have to go on for more than 100 volumes just like OP.
Sure. It has to meet certain conditions to help it achieve that number. Its going to be extremely hard to accomplish but, it's not impossible. Usually the achievements of today's generation will often be the inspiration for future generations to beat them.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I read Tokyo Shinobi Squad, Yui Kamio and We Never Learn on my way to work and I stand with my opinion about the former two that I don't think they will end in the coming weeks, I think they even can survive the next round easily by the way things are going.
We Never Learn looks like it is going to end before those two. :derp
 

Kolbe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2019
Messages
150
Reaction score
338
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
So, next week we will have Yokazura's first ranking. As we won't have a poll about it (probably) as we will be occupied with the Samurai 8 stuff, how well you think it will go? Personally, I think it will be in the midtier
 

Brizzi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
582
Age
37
Country
Brazil
So, next week we will have Yokazura's first ranking. As we won't have a poll about it (probably) as we will be occupied with the Samurai 8 stuff, how well you think it will go? Personally, I think it will be in the midtier
I'm betting on the midtier, too.

I'm really liking Yozakura and I see no reason why the series would be a failure right now.
It's my second favourite series from the lot that debuted in 2019 (the number 1 was Sayuki, even with its problems) and I really think the mangaka is checking and accomplishing all the necessary points for a series to estabilish itself.
 

Jovan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2018
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
5,772
Age
29
Country
United States
So, next week we will have Yokazura's first ranking. As we won't have a poll about it (probably) as we will be occupied with the Samurai 8 stuff, how well you think it will go? Personally, I think it will be in the midtier
Middle at the beginning then drops to just above Yui, and TSS Taisei Beast trio.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There isn't much space at the top so midtier and I don't think it will go below that anytime soon.
 
Last edited:

Stivie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
3,120
Reaction score
2,340
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Amazon rankings for upcoming JUMP releases.

HINOMARU ZUMOU #27 rank
#655

S8 # 1 rank
#1608

S8 #2 rank
#1726

Spy x Family #2 rank
#74

OP #94 rank
#3

JJK #7 rank
#134

CSM #4 rank
#204

KNY #17 rank
#5

TPN # 16 rank
#45

Boruto #7 rank
#174

BC #22 rank
#183

SOMA #36 rank
#122

Yuuna #18 rank
#335
 

MangAniMY

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
1,955
Reaction score
4,863
Country
Malaysia
I won't vote in the s8 poll since i don't care what any series would or should do, but I say change it to what is yozakura position after the scans drop the earliest since that would still be before any day 1 stats drop,

and the fact that 46 will be a Saturday issue so toc leaks should be earlier.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Amazon rankings for upcoming JUMP releases.

HINOMARU ZUMOU #27 rank
#655

S8 # 1 rank
#1608

S8 #2 rank
#1726

Spy x Family #2 rank
#74

OP #94 rank
#3

JJK #7 rank
#134

CSM #4 rank
#204

KNY #17 rank
#5

TPN # 16 rank
#45

Boruto #7 rank
#174

BC #22 rank
#183

SOMA #36 rank
#122

Yuuna #18 rank
#335
lol, manual... :derp

Also, i would assume physical and in the graphic novels and comic books section since not specified
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, it is not conclusive enough, let's wait the official numbers to conclude that we were right. :3c
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top