Mag Talk Weekly Young Jump (2007 - 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I thought that both seasons of Umaru were good adaptations, but those may be a bit easier to do due to the whole cute-girls-doing-cute-things premise of the series. While I've never read it, it looks like Golden Kamuy is one of WYJ's bigger series currently running and the provided images for the upcoming anime look well-drawn at the very least. I don't really know the history of Young Jump anime adaptations, but hopefully they've learned from their past mistakes if that's the case.
Golden Kamuy seems to be one of the fortunate cases where a YJ title gets an anime that isn't complete shit, I really hope that ends up being the case because I really love the manga. For the most part, they haven't learned from their mistakes and in general the adaptations from YJ have all been pretty horrible, I guess they might've believed that the anime doesn't matter that much anyway since it's a seinen mag, but come on... Umaru is probably the first exception to the botched anime rule, funny enough, it really is baffling how pretty much even the biggest series from the magazine didn't escape the shit anime treatment and these series are some of the best selling manga in history, it's so weird. Maybe with a little bit of luck Kaguya ends up at Dogakobo, I'd trust them, maybe Shaft and JC Staff and even Lerche would be fine. Even in a lesser studio, if they get the kind of director that knows how to really adapt this kind of a series properly, that would be fine too.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Posting this here since it's published under YJ, if anyone else is following Jun Ogino's new series on Jump+, today's chapter had a very interesting title. Looking forward to reading next week's based on that alone.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Oops, I posted this in the wrong place initially xD Can you blame me for being this excited?

Japanese people are marketing geniuses.


I want one.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Pretty cool trailer I found for Rikudou, from a French publisher.

 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
Just read the Blue Phobia first chapter. It was pretty alright. A lot has changed since the oneshot, and it seemed to get very straight into the action from the get go. Which was a strange decision, but I guess it could flesh out the narrative in the upcoming chapters instead of giving an info dump like in the oneshot.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Young Jump Issue 2:
Golden Kamuy (Lead CP)
Blue Phobia
Himouto! Umaru-chan G
Kingdom
7’s
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Fushigi no Kuni no Namihee-san (CP)
Bungo
Motoyan
Tokyo Ghoul:re
Snack Basue
Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya (Special Chapter. Tonari no YJ Series)
Rin to Cheer (CP)
Usogui
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Rikudou
Pee-chan, Sashin-shuu Dasutteyo (Miniseries, End)
Diner (CP)
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
Helvetica
Oneshot

Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, Tamata, Bathroom no Pepen (Absent)

Young Jump Issue 3-4:
Usogui (Lead CP, END)

Bungo, Tamata, Rikudou, Retort Pouch! (CPs)
Yuizaki-san wa Nageru! (Special Chapter)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Looks like a teaser PV for the Golden Kamuy anime is coming this week.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
I feel like Golden Kamuy might take off like crazy. I feel like it has exactly the required comedy, the action, and the critical consensus, needed for it to be accepted and spread. And it does seem like the anime will do a good job with it, I have high hopes anyways. At least in the west I'm sure it will get popular. I often find the Japanese audience less predictable, but with this I'm sure it'll get big.
I might just be clouded by how much I like it though.


And I'm surprised by Usogui ending, but also not very surprised at the same time. I was thinking about trying to catch up. Having read a volume past the Edited Manga, but now I'm unsure.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Upcoming Volumes' Covers

Includes the final vols for Kaori Warning, Umaru + the Ebina spinoff, and the final 2 volumes of Full Drum.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hoshin Engi Jump Festa Info page
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Upcoming Volumes' Covers

Includes the final vols for Kaori Warning, Umaru + the Ebina spinoff, and the final 2 volumes of Full Drum.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hoshin Engi Jump Festa Info page
I've been wondering, why are they promoting Engi in YJ instead of WSJ.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Terra Formars will resume in April 2018.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
yes! yes! so much yes! this looks better than I hoped for
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Golden Kamuy TV anime PV :
Holy fucking shit it looks even better than what I would have ever hoped, the voice actors are great and everything looks so good. Now if only this also had 2 cours.
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Here's the key visual.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top