Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
You know that situation in TV/movies where that one person mistakes something as a date, shows up, and it was totally not meant to be a date?

I'm that guy.

:emocat
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
You know that situation in TV/movies where that one person mistakes something as a date, shows up, and it was totally not meant to be a date?

I'm that guy.

:emocat
You seem desperate :oh
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
I assume she is :oh
Wth Nomchi, you're a beautiful hot smart dudette. It shouldn't be a problem.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
I confess, for the very first time in my life, I feel very disturbed by my neighbor's fracas. I have been living (mostly) alone for the past 7 years, moving from place to place and I had never experienced things like this before. I thought the scene in sitcoms e.g., Seinfield, Big Bang Theory or whatever where someone gets into dicey situation with their noisy neighbors wouldn't happen to me. But it happens to me now. It truly happens.

There's this couple living beside me. The man is the landlady's nephew. I know the man, we played casual futsal couple times. This couple engages in shouting matches every night. The reason why this couple is constantly arguing is very messed up and sad, but simultaneously it's also annoying and bothersome and irritating and vexatious. Both of them have neither pitch control nor self-awareness about being overheard, and I - unwillingly, in case it's not obvious - privy to those fights with... an intimacy none of us wants, really.

I don't want to assume the role of Jaded Wise Neighbor (hereinafter, "JWN") in this situation. I know that even If I am trying to act like a proper JWN, reconciling them is a futile attempt. It's a lost-lost situation. I think I am going to move to other place. Preferably sooner than later.

I am fully aware that ranting in this thread wouldn't solve the problem, but I feel it's necessary for me to tell someone about my situation. I think people need to keep in their sane minds if they are living with/in the vicinity of other people, there's one rule that needs to be adhered to: don't be an asshole.
 
Last edited:

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
Leave a business card of a marriage counselor at their doorstep. :whistle

Can't you talk to your landlady? Well, you don't complain angrily but you can point out that their noise is at disturbing levels and at this rate, you may have to leave. She can at least tell her nephew to be more careful about it. If it proves useless, there's not much else you can do on your own, people, civil people, should come to the realization that their noise may bother their neighbors and they don't have to put up with it. Other than a pair of earplugs, your best bet may indeed be to move out if it won't cause great inconvenience. Confronting them most likely makes the situation worse, if they were the understanding types, you wouldn't have that problem to begin with.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I confess I'm feeling sexy.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Usually when people are loud here, we just call the police^^" I mean, they'll knock there, give them the msg, get them a fine next time, and the loud fucks won't know who called the cops, so things won't get weird among neighbors (in my case, they would, cause the asshole that lives besides me smokes pot quite often and the smoke goes all to my bathroom and I keep shouting at him that one day I'll call the police '-'")

Maybe that's one of the reasons we lack officers to patrol, though...
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
xD

I dunno, some stuff. :3c And I've been generally liking and appreciating myself more lately.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
xD

I dunno, some stuff. :3c And I've been generally liking and appreciating myself more lately.
That's awesome, I'm really glad you're doing fine...go get the world gurl :cheerbunny
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
xD Or at least my world.
I also had a massage today, it was a chocolate therapy, friends gave it to me as a b-day gift.
Feeling even sexier now.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I am not much of a spa/massage/therapy person but that sounds delicious....
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
I felt awkward but it was nice. xD I was melting after that.
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
No, life is doing me. xD
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Nice. Now we all own life a fist bump.
 
Top