Discussion - Criticism Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Criticism Thread

Xenotosgolgia

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
We know the criticism, we know your guys arguments. Scroll up, this whole thread has been pointing these things out. You believe the villains are bad? That's your opinion and thats ok. You believe the writing is bad? That's your opinion and that's ok.

Dislike the arc all you want but what I don't like is you trying so hard to get us to buy into your own opinion.

Every person in this thread has admitted a criticism. And it ain't no more or less than what you are doing.
I don't like this arc but even if I did I would never excuse it's moments of asspulling and defying logic to make stuff happen. I love the Dressrossa arc but Dolflamingo forgetting moves so Luffy can defeat him is still illogical.

BaseNeptune

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
like i said before and i will say it again i see no character development either ..you mean to tell me Elizabeth develop during this whole arc..she still the same since the first the few chapters ..i cant stress this enough .
Right? I wish Nakaba had shown that instead of the one month time skip. It would have been a plus for her character.

LivewireToriko

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
like i said before and i will say it again i see no character development either ..you mean to tell me Elizabeth develop during this whole arc..she still the same since the first the few chapters ..i cant stress this enough .
Who expects good development from female characters in shonen battle manga?

Most of the time their job is to cry and consistently proclaim their undying love for a male character.

Margaret and Gil.

Elizabeth and Mel.

Diane and King.

Elaine and ban.

Etc, etc

Even Merlin might have been like that at one time considering her most embarrassing moment is confessing her love to someone.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who expects good development from female characters in shonen battle manga?

Most of the time their job is to cry and consistently proclaim their undying love for a male character.
I still do. I find that BnH is the only one currently succeeding at it currently.

I really fear for Merlin's romantic prospects in the future seeing how the other female protagonist have been treated.

I also dislike how Diane has gotten more girly and childish as the series progressed. Despite her love for Mel and one or two tantrums, she still came off as a mature character who, similar Merlin, was confident in her sexuality. And now her dream is to be the best goddamn dancer in the Giant Clan? Seriously?

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
This wasn't about fishing for agreement it was about Taizai fanboys stretching to make this arc make any sense in some areas. I mean if you like bad villains that waste panel time are fundamentally retarded which is somehow justified(not in my eyes) by them being prideful that's fine. My problem is the leaps in logic to try to justify things and you guys defending it as if it does make sense. Bleach did this same garbage but I bet you talked crap about it. Merlin did a textbook asspull and you'll defend it. Derriere had the most retarded plan and you guys defended it. I swear if Escanor bests the Demon King in one swing you'll justify that. Like the arc all you want but what I don't like is you trying so hard to get us to buy into Suzuki's bad writing. That's my problem it was never about you liking the arc or the terribly written villains but for you to try and justify things that don't make sense that's my problem. Every other fandom can admit when their favorite story does stuff that make no sense. You guys just won't admit it and try to get other to buy it.
if you talk sense, all people have diff sense, like some people say being gay is normal, and another is not.
and Merlin do asspull? how can? Nakaba never show anything about her, we know limit all sins except Merlin, what we know about Merlin except her PL? we know Meliodas is stronger Demon, he ex-leader TC, even the moment he reagin his power he claim, he can handle 2 TC at same time, but not all of them at same time, where the asspull?
Escannor is the strongest being, even Meliodas say Escanor stronger than him, but he need in right time to appear, where the asspull?
the most stupid thing in forum people believe Diane and King will defeat Glox and Dolor in tournamet, yes if it Fairy Tail, they can, that is the asspull, but Nakaba not go that direction,,
for Deirirre, even Mospiet say they cannot defeat Meliodas and need retreat, but she dont want to be coward, you now in One Piece forum, BB retreat from Akainu they say he coward, but Dragon retreat from BB they say he smart, so i dont want talk that sense.

Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I was re-reading the chapter when Meliodas and co. enter the tournament after breaking Dolor's walls (161 I believe), and there's multiple panels of the characters sensing the immense powers of Gloxinia and Dolor, with Meliodas hyping them up as the "Ten Commandments." (needless to say, Dolor looks absolutely intimidating and incredibly awesome in that page, having his magical eye glowing through the piece of cloth and all.)

And then Meliodas beats the crap out of them. I wish they'd have been at least A BIT weaker than Meliodas in a 1v1, but that was a joke.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I was re-reading the chapter when Meliodas and co. enter the tournament after breaking Dolor's walls (161 I believe), and there's multiple panels of the characters sensing the immense powers of Gloxinia and Dolor, with Meliodas hyping them up as the "Ten Commandments." (needless to say, Dolor looks absolutely intimidating and incredibly awesome in that page, having his magical eye glowing through the piece of cloth and all.)

And then Meliodas beats the crap out of them. I wish they'd have been at least A BIT weaker than Meliodas in a 1v1, but that was a joke.
This is probably the most controversial fight in NNT's history yet because no one really understands what the fuck was going on. Dolor is overall the third strongest Commandment or so and perhaps only tied with Gloxinia for the position. It just doesn't make sense that Meliodas trounced them both so easily. I prefer the explanation that they were simply pulling their punches since they seems strangely... sad about fighting with him and even when the other 10C came in to finish Mel off they didn't seem very happy about it.

Harbour

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Dont find the reason of problems of NNT' second arc is Escanor or his fights. His fights actually had solid build up (except Estarossa one but it had solid execution instead), looked beautifull visually and were emotionally impactfull. Escanor isnt the problem. He is one of the strongest (in all ways) aspects of this arc.
The key reasons of why NNT' second arc looks meh are pacing, lack of character development and okayish storytelling. If to look deeper - the root of these reasons is (speculation) bad planning on Nakaba's part. I have a feeling that he planned in details all the stuff up untill Fraudarin releasing 10C. Rest of the arc he had in a very rough drafts like "Gowther erased Diane's memory", "Meliodas and everyone are training on the Druid Island", "Here the big battle in Byzel" and stuff in that style.
There is another problem like Power Levels that brought only negatives to narrative, battles and character portrayal and felt absolutely unnecesarry in the story.

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

but base on this page
Dreyus suprise Dolor and Glox can hold Meliodas like that, so in his mind, Meliodas more stronger than this :oh

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

But then again, meliodas specifically says that he only pulled that of at the time because escanor weakened them. And he literally says that without the opening he would have lost against them. There is no reason for us to think this wasn't true.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
But then again, meliodas specifically says that he only pulled that of at the time because escanor weakened them. And he literally says that without the opening he would have lost against them. There is no reason for us to think this wasn't true.
He wrecked them at full potential in 1v1s, and I said I wish they'd have been able to put up a fight in a scenario like that. Escanor doesn't have to do anything with this.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He wrecked them at full potential in 1v1s, and I said I wish they'd have been able to put up a fight in a scenario like that. Escanor doesn't have to do anything with this.
Meliodas has never fought either of them at full potential.... I mean, when did that happen? We know healing is hardly a magical solution to problems, as far as we know some of the damage and stress remains (and it does not replenish magic either).

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Meliodas has never fought either of them at full potential.... I mean, when did that happen? We know healing is hardly a magical solution to problems, as far as we know some of the damage and stress remains (and it does not replenish magic either).
Gloxinia literally said "I'll get you to as good as new in a sec, Dolor." Meliodas needed an opening in order to not fight them both at full potential at the same time.
It was Hendrickson's assumption that magic isn't replenished because Mel wasn't using Full Counter (which was not really valid, since he was preparing for RC). And besides, we don't know the whether the nature of the healing source makes a difference.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gloxinia literally said "I'll get you to as good as new in a sec, Dolor." Meliodas needed an opening in order to not fight them both at full potential at the same time.
It was Hendrickson's assumption that magic isn't replenished because Mel wasn't using Full Counter (which was not really valid, since he was preparing for RC). And besides, we don't know the whether the nature of the healing source makes a difference.
Come on, that is clearly hyperbole due to how good gloxinia's healing is (rivals or surpasses what elizabeth can do as far as we have seen). However in most instances we have seen so far healing does not leave you literally as you were before. And gloxinia did make the point towards the end of the fight that he wouldn't be able to use the technique for a while. Which I take means moon rose consumes a decent bit of magic. If Moon rose did literally what gloxinia said then meliodas' comments on escanor giving him an opening and him not having a chance otherwise would be meaningless and wrong. And we have absolutely no reason to think that.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Come on, that is clearly hyperbole due to how good gloxinia's healing is (rivals or surpasses what elizabeth can do as far as we have seen). However in most instances we have seen so far healing does not leave you literally as you were before. And gloxinia did make the point towards the end of the fight that he wouldn't be able to use the technique for a while. Which I take means moon rose consumes a decent bit of magic. If Moon rose did literally what gloxinia said then meliodas' comments on escanor giving him an opening and him not having a chance otherwise would be meaningless and wrong. And we have absolutely no reason to think that.
Many instances like...?
It takes magic for Gloxinia, of course, but that doesn't mean you don't fight at full potential.
No, it wouldn't. Meliodas going in against two of them would have been way harder. In this case, it was wounded Dolor vs Mel - Dolor gets beaten. Glox heals, so it's a 1v1 until Dolor heals too, but Mel will have taken Glox down by then. It was a fight of having to keep them constantly incapacitated, which came in question solely because of Escanor's attack.

Zekiel

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
my thoughts exactly only if your talking about personality. The only thing that happened was that she now knows she loves meliodas and that's it....

As far as powers go where did she get ark? she got that move outta nowhere.... We ddnt see her train or anything. Nakaba has a habit of developing her powers off screen. Its not good.

LivewireToriko

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Come on, that is clearly hyperbole due to how good gloxinia's healing is (rivals or surpasses what elizabeth can do as far as we have seen). However in most instances we have seen so far healing does not leave you literally as you were before.
?

Escanor dies :

Escanor lives:

Yes.

The healing is THAT good.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
?

Escanor dies :

Escanor lives:

Yes.

The healing is THAT good.
Escanor didn't really die there. We saw gloxinia apply the drop as his last bit of life was vanishing. If he had resurrected escanor in any level it wouldn't even be healing....

LivewireToriko

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Escanor didn't really die there. We saw gloxinia apply the drop as his last bit of life was vanishing. If he had resurrected escanor in any level it wouldn't even be healing....
It was a obvious hyperbole to stress how ridiculous you're being with saying drop of life is not a full heal for whoever gets it..........................

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
This thread is unbearably unnecessary, the 2nd arc isn't even close to being over, we don't even have confirmation if anyone's dead, not even Galand

The Commandments were put out of commission due to having immense pride and stupidity, that is all

You guys are acting like they were defeated by the weaker main characters in a physically 1v1 confrontation

This thread should've been made AFTER this arc was over, as for character developement, the series isn't even close to being over -___-

We still don't know shit about 70% of the characters back stories and origins, Nakaba reveals things when it's necessary to the plot, you guys should known that by now

Last edited: