1. A new contest has begun, enter HERE!

Voting has now begun for the Super Heroes contest! so choose and favourites and show some love!
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  4. The Anime Awards 2017 are over. You can now check out all the winners!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Criticism Thread

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Xenotosgolgia, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Divine evil

Divine evil Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

England
    I say Goddess leader was the strongest being back. If Meliodas was stronger than s/he he and the Demon King could of taken care off the entire Goddesess clan themselves. Instead they had to settle for a truce between there clans. He's also only refered to as the strongest Demon not being.

2. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    Idk about that because think about it base on this Flashback the Goddess did a 180 concerning the Demons how do we go from exterminating all Demons 2 sacrifice are own bodies 2 seal them. That don't make sense especially since the DK was dead & Meliodas had defected there was nothing stopping the Goddess & their allies from wiping away the Demons unless something forces the Goddess leader 2 order them 2 do it.

What if Elizabeth is actually the Goddess leader daughter & when she died the Leader could of had the Demons sealed 2 prevent further deaths.

Or

Elizabeth died Meliodas went bat shit crazy & threaten 2 kill the Goddess leader unless they sealed the Demons & stop fighting.

3. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Malaysia
    Meliodas most likely should be on par with the strongest archangel. Because meliodas is a commandment and his counterpart should be an archangel. Meliodas is never strong like dk. He cant create commandments like him and recover his prime power by himself. Even he is scared of the dk in the purgatory. The reason dolor said he could have took the throne because the dk was defeated by them trio and only he is left after the commandments were sealed. I wont claim him to be on par with dk since none of them are afraid of him including the godesses. They look at him nothing more than a filth.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 2, 2017 ---
    Lmao you speak as if he is powerful enough to take them down. Even nerobasta does not acknowledge his presence or even ludoshell...... and there are three more who are probably stronger than him. He may threaten them all he want, in the end he is just a tool used in war......

4. Isaiah Thomas

Isaiah Thomas Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    The DK called Meliodas "the most powerful demon" https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/nanatsu_no_taizai/en/0/183/page/6

Who said Meliodas can't recover his prime power himself. He don't want 2 which why he said this
    [​IMG]

If look like Meliodas is more afraid of turning back into his old self then he is of the DK
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Fraudrin wasn't scared of Meliodas either until he realized Meliodas was out of his league.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Derrière wasn't scared of Meliodas either until he almost killed her.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  5. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Galactic Empire
    I don't think there necessarily is an equivalency between archangels and demons. There could be many other factors that come into play here. I mean, an equivalency between them but there being only 4 archangels but 10 commandments seems weird. The implication so that is that a given archangel is stronger than basically any of the current commandments... PL wise deriere is past the 50k mark and even then moonspiet was wary of them. Odds are that the entirety of the 10 commandments were require to offset the 4 archangels. In case meliodas could actually take on an archangel then the implication here would be that it would take about 3 commandments to take on the others. Which kinda makes sense considering what we have seen Pl wise so far. Meliodas at 3.3 k was able to handle gilthunder, hendricksen and vivian after all. If the archangels are above the 70k mark it would make more than perfect sense for a single one to be able to handle commandments like that, even the likes of estarosa or zeldris.

I don't think their attitude toward meliodas or other demons is a reflection of how they feel about their strength. That would be effectively stupid and incoherent with how they have acted. I mean, if they thought the strength of demons was filth then they wouldn't have done what they have done so far to deal with them. We have seen the goddesses ally with the other 3 clans and more importantly plan their attacks against the demon clan. Even now they planned to lure them in and ambush them while they were in anger and can receive backup from the other clans. Those are not quite the actions of people who don't fear the enemy. Otherwise it would have made more sense to simply go to the demon kingdom or whatever and crush them like the bugs they are. They look at mel as they do any other demon but they also seem to very well recognize their strength.

Also worth noting, there is no evidence yet that meliodas, dolor and gloxinia killed the demon king. I would think that if such a thing had happened then the other demons would have acknowledged it by now.

6. Gaggen

Gaggen Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Malaysia
    I never said demons power are filth i only mention about meliodas. No one mentioned about the three killing the demon king. I just said he was defeated by them and yes to defeat someone doesnt mean you have to kill that individual.....so please
    And kindly mention what are you trying to tell after typing such a long essay since i find it directionless......
    Yeap godesses are stupid and thats why the demons lost instead of them......
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 3, 2017 ---
    I dont see derrerie being scared . She still acknowldege him to be lower than her. Meliodas being shit scared huh. Then how was he suppose to protect her. He himself said he needed that power to protect her. He said he has been killed before and and tried killing himself then why isnt he in his prime yet . Where was all those powers when liz died???? He couldnt get them or he didnt want to get them??? Only fodder fraudrin was. The demon king di call him the most powerful demon after all that power bestowed upon him including the very commandment the dk created. Then why was he shitting bricks in the purgatory after seeing his beloved father???

7. overlordpringerx

overlordpringerx Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Spain
    My reaction to these last couple chapters
    [​IMG]

Xenotosgolgia and LivewireToriko like this.