Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yall overrated Golazo, mangaka should've did Galaxy Gangs I'm just sayin
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Ole Golazo to me felt like it was designed specifically for people who didn't know/care much about its sport.

Which is probably why it got strangely high praise from the americans who tried it.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If it were the case, it would make success in Japan as well? Japan doesn't know or care about soccer that much as far as I know... Well, at least they are not that strong...
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I think Ole Golazo is just 'okay'. It's not great or anything. It doesn't leave me with a bad taste in my mouth, but I won't be sad in the likely event it gets cancelled.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Football/soccer is the second most popular sport in Japan after baseball, bigger than Sumo by quite a bit (which I think is third).
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I enjoyed the 1st 5 or so chapters of Golazo more than the first 5 chapter of Haikyuu personally
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ole Golazo to me felt like it was designed specifically for people who didn't know/care much about its sport.

Which is probably why it got strangely high praise from the americans who tried it.
Its not like nobody watches soccer in the states. MLS is a thing and popular
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
How long till the TOC will come out?
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Lisanna and Natsu?
*Looks up*
Dontcha mean Lucy and Natsu? Because so far I know, at least according to fans, has Mashima dropped this one romance in favour of Lucy & Natsu.
... though, in that regard, to say this romance is awful makes much more sense then.
My man, do you think that I am insane enough to still be reading Fairy Tail? I dropped the manga before Tenroujima and the anime in the first 3 episodes of season two. Took me long enough.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I cannot even joke about the apparent complete hate for romances you guys have
I hate romance because I'm an edgelord without feelings. jk, it's just that JUMP romances, SPECIALLY IN RECENT YEARS, all suck.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope Promised Neverland slows down, it feels too rush like the author is starting to lose their way.
 

hotmilk

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 1, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
7
Country
Germany
To be honest I really enjoyed series like Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, Koisome Momiji, Pajama na Kanojo & Koganeiro.
Himedol was okay too.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I hope Promised Neverland slows down, it feels too rush like the author is starting to lose their way.
editor did say the pace will pick and the kids will escape before the end of volume 3
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
10号

ぼくたちは勉強ができない ※新連載
ハイキュー
ワンピ
ヒロアカ ※Cカラー
鬼滅
ソーマ
ブラクロ ※Cカラー
火ノ丸
ゆらぎ
銀魂
青春
ネバラン ※Cカラー
ダンス
左門
ゴラッソ
斉木
磯兵衛 ※Cカラー
アマルガム
デモプラ

11号
巻頭:U19 ※新連載
Cカラー:勉強、ハイキュー、火ノ丸
増ページ:ダンス

Look like Dance will end in #11
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Shounen Jump Issue 10:
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Haikyuu!!
One Piece
Boku no Hero Academia (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Shokugeki no Souma
Black Clover (CP)
Hinomaru Zumou
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Gintama
Spring Weapon Number One
Yakusoku no Neverland (CP)
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Samon-kun wa Summoner
Ole Golazo
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)
Ibitsu no Amalgam
Demon's Plan

Shounen Jumpe Issue 11:
Cover, Lead CP: U19 (New Series)
CP: Haikyuu!!, Hinomaru Zumou, Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Extra Page: Seuji wo Pin! to
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
An early cancellation can sometimes work out pretty well for shounen romance.

Look at Love Rush for example, if it went long term we probably would've gotten another series that constantly introduces new girls but never uses them for anything besides comedy/fanservice, with the only real progress being someone accidentally holding hands once every 50 chapters.

Instead we got nicely paced series where a girl realises her feelings and gets together with the MC in a very natural-feeling way without drawing it out for ages with missed opportunities and misunderstandings.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
editor did say the pace will pick and the kids will escape before the end of volume 3
What why would they do that, they could have at least stayed until like volume 10. I would have really liked some mini arcs to better develop some of the characters, like Ray, or Norman.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
spring weapon is making a comeback

Yoko never writes long manga, I think ending his manga was his own decision
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Spring Weapon seems to be doing better I guess
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What why would they do that, they could have at least stayed until like volume 10. I would have really liked some mini arcs to better develop some of the characters, like Ray, or Norman.
I think every undeveloped character from the kids will get killed off anyway
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top