Hangout - One Piece Mega Convo Thread | Page 119 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Big Mom body is unusually durable, that's already something unique to her. I don't understand the logic that it can't be due to her Haki because "all Haki is the same".

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Big Mom body is unusually durable, that's already something unique to her. I don't understand the logic that it can't be due to her Haki because "all Haki is the same".
Well, the fact is no one can have an infinite supply of Haki.

Unusually durable? No, there are many characters who have bodies as hard as steel, she's not one of a kind. Bobby Funk's body is so hard, even an axe imbued with Haki is unable to break through his skin.

Big Mom is a human that's the size of a giant. It's nothing special, it's genetics, not Haki. Even as a kid, she broke Sword with a punch. She's just strong, that's all.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I don't believe you.
You don't need to, lol.

The Manga proves so.

When you find a character in Hardened Armament 24/7 sure, until then, believe a fallacy or what you can't prove or what is not consistent with the Manga.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
You don't need to, lol.

The Manga proves so.

When you find a character in Hardened Armament 24/7 sure, until then, believe a fallacy or what you can't prove or what is not consistent with the Manga.
I just made an hypothesis.

You are the one trying do dismiss it with what is not in the manga.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I just made an hypothesis.

You are the one trying do dismiss it with what is not in the manga.
Yeah sure I am.

Go ahead and prove that Haki is infinite. Got your work cut out for you.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
You are the one making claims here.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
You are the one making claims here.
Lol making claims that Haki is finite... just like the Manga says. Difference between claims and facts.

You're the one making claims that Haki is infinite when the Manga has showcased otherwise and in fact disproves that premise that's baseless and you're clinging on to. Why don't all Hardening users use Hardening 24/7 when fighting? Maybe it's because it's not finite?

It's simple logic, anything that is finite can be wasted.

Anything that is infinite can't be wasted. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
You're the one making claims that Haki is infinite
Huh, no?

I made a hypothesis to explain Big Mom durability through an endless CoC.

You are the one who said it was IMPOSSIBLE because Luffy or other 2 characters have finite Haki so it's true for everyone.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Huh, no?

I made a hypothesis to explain Big Mom durability through an endless CoC.

You are the one who said it was IMPOSSIBLE because Luffy or other 2 characters have finite Haki so it's true for everyone.
Ye because that's how the Manga works if you're not aware...

There's no such thing as endless CoC, lol.

Haki works for every character the same way. Be as absurd that saying Haki is only hard for certain characters and not not hard for others. This manga functions on consistency,

It's a dubious hypothesis. Everything that can't be explained doesn't make it Haki, lol.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
By definition, hypothesis are dubious.
That's like saying a definition is dubious by definition. An hypothesis cannot be dubious by default, that's not a logical statement. It's like saying that by definition, names are stupid or dubious by definition.

A hypothesis is only dubious if the claims made can't be supported just like a definition can't be said to be dubious unless the definition doesn't fit with whatever is being defined.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Readers and enthusiasts of One Piece!
(I know; “this again? Didn’t he already make a post like this?” Just hear me out. This is the last time I ask for your support, because...)

One Piece is in the Grand Final of the Manga Wars!
We’re up against one of the best completed shonen series of all time, Fullmetal Alchemist.
Some of you might not have given the event a single thought.
You might be here to simply discuss and have a constructive, productive time debating One Piece theories, and don’t feel the need to prove that One Piece is better than other manga.

And that’s fine.

But I know I’d be damn proud to be able to say the manga I support week after week, pour my heart and my mind into discussing, is MangaHelpers’ official favorite manga.
I’d be damn proud to say that the manga I’ve spent half my life reading, following slavishly, has the strongest and most devoted fan-base, full of other people like myself.

Voting doesn’t take long. It’s two clicks away. I’m not telling you to go into lengthy discussions as to why One Piece is better. I’m not telling you you have to vote for One Piece if you think FMA is better. Heck, I’m not even telling you you have to vote. No.
But I’m calling on my nakama. The nakama I’ve gained here since I started discussing One Piece on MH almost exactly 10 years ago.

This is a cause we can be united on. We’ve had our diverging opinions over the years, but this is where we can join hands. The M3J’s and the Hannibal Psyche’s. The Fox666’s and the... well, Hannibal Psyche’s.
We’re gonna be the King of the Manga!
Vote for One Piece.
(Voting thread is here.)

(If nothing else, cast a vote because I just made a super inspiring Hollywood speech.)​

[/dramaticmusic]

MArGi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France

The journey through the labyrinth of magic has ended for Aladdin and Alibaba.

But rejoice Magi fans, the Magi Awards are coming soon! :cheerbunny

TrueRaiKage

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Hannibal Psyche.....i think its time for us to think deeper about the admiral fight on punk hazard......i don' think there was a winner....i think there was a deal made where 1 man decided to be covert and the other overt.

roggie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@Hannibal Psyche.....i think its time for us to think deeper about the admiral fight on punk hazard......i don' think there was a winner....i think there was a deal made where 1 man decided to be covert and the other overt.
Are you implying Aokiji didn't lost a leg and is just covering it with ice? That would be cool :super
I mean, Aokiji infiltrating the enemy forces. After all, it was never really explained why he changed sides.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I suspected something like that early on, but I think he really lost his leg and it loooks like Akainu got scarred up too. But I still think the battle was just a setup for getting someone inside Blackbeard’s crew, on the other hand aokiji and Akainu seems to have very different ideas of justice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'd be deeply surprised since the Gorosei asked about Aokiji and Akainu somewhat dismissed it which to me implies that not to be the case. However, if this is a deal that's made between themselves and no one else, then I can see it being a thing. I can see Akainu keeping some things off the ears of the Gorosei being that they don't manage things the way he would like.

TrueRaiKage

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd be deeply surprised since the Gorosei asked about Aokiji and Akainu somewhat dismissed it which to me implies that not to be the case. However, if this is a deal that's made between themselves and no one else, then I can see it being a thing. I can see Akainu keeping some things off the ears of the Gorosei being that they don't manage things the way he would like.
Exactly and totally agree...im sure Redawg believes his fleet is his fleet and doesnt agree with the current status of things. I'm sure he and Aokiji are on the same journey just different paths
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Are you implying Aokiji didn't lost a leg and is just covering it with ice? That would be cool :super
I mean, Aokiji infiltrating the enemy forces. After all, it was never really explained why he changed sides.
Naw I'm sure he lost that leg lol. But some times after a fight does become friends. They both have ideals just different ways of achieving them. Believe it when I say both are sneaky and smarter than they appear.