Games Mafia Game 58 - Umineko: How to play 13 - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I might as well elaborate on my role a little. It's passive in the sense that I don't actively target other players.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,596
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Hm so not much has happened.

Summary
Arjuna as Furfur ->
Belserion as Virgilia ->
Demonspeed as Kanon -> Doctor, Killed on N1
desin24 as Cornelia -> never had the role before which includes bulletproof, plain townie, mafia detective, hider, doctor, mafia escort
DiMaria Yesta as Gertrude ->
Elusia as Gaap -> Says her role is important
Emperor Spriggan as Dlanor -> Mafia det, lynched on D1
EmptySoul as Eva -> Said she's not mafia, she thinks its pretty lame but could be beneficial at some point.
Erinyes as Erika -> fits her somehow
gnut as Krauss -> Old role, had it before
Gryffindor as Maria ->
GrySun as George -> Not that useful and may end up be killed due to his role
Kato756 as Zepar -> Seems disppointed by his role, said the role itself that made him go WHY ??
Lady pompom as Ange -> doesnt llike her role. active role. interesting role, but she s afraid not to use it properly.
Lambu as Rosa -> Active, not useful right now(with "right now" being day 2)
MarmaladeSky as Jessica ->
MonkeyD-Dragon as Natsuhi -> not a really helpful role as it works only in specific conditions against specific roles
niichan as Battler -> a pretty plain role
Organizized as Rudolf -> Detective killed on N1
syx as Beatrice -> Said he's not mafia
Vandred as Kyrie ->a role that works similarly to (Insane) Doctor but less useful
WithYouInSpirit as Lion -> claimed a passive role
Xnut as Kinzo -> wants to stay alive and use his role(is this an active role claim?)
Zasz as Shannon ->very first time he gets this role. an active role
zimbardo as Hideyoshi ->


Here's Erin's summary. I know she was mafia but from what I've seen she put no lies in there. Checked any later posts for things that came after her post, added Elusia's hint, Lambu's hint, and xnut's weird hint. So that's 3 things I saw and added, unless I missed something.

I have to say I have my reasons for being a bit less active this game ;)
Omg I just noticed this now as I checked for any hints Erin missed after her latest recap, how did I not notice this earlier? :XD This literally says "I have a good role so I wanna stay in the background". Guess now we know why they killed Kato LOL. Kato why you do this.

could it be a hidden hint
Erin however sure noticed Kato's post, so here's definitive proof why they murdered Kato. Zimb seems to have noticed it too judging from hist last recap post where he writes that about Kato's post.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I might as well elaborate on my role a little. It's passive in the sense that I don't actively target other players.
Yes that's what all passive roles do :lmao
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
This DP is pretty boring.
.it lacks the spice of the previous 2 DP
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Three Mafia down is good, but I wish that we wouldn't have lost so many Townies...
Still, our current situation isn't that bad and today I'd like to hear more from those who have yet to say something about themselves.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
So @Arjun @Gryffindor @MarmaladeSky you 3 are the only ones that gave no hints so far. I think Bel and zimb gave hints in the previous page, didn't read those as I was updating the recap.
I should give hints.But just one thing.If I directly reveal my role will it be considered a bad action?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Otherwise I will directly reveal it.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,596
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I should give hints.But just one thing.If I directly reveal my role will it be considered a bad action?
It depends on many things really. On what your role is, whether revealing it comes with some results that are helpful etc. You be the judge.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@GrySun yes I know that's sort of what all passives do but what I mean is that my role can actively.... affect other players permanently if under the right circumstance...
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
It depends on many things really. On what your role is, whether revealing it comes with some results that are helpful etc. You be the judge.
I will then give a hint to be on the safe side

"A person was shot but the bullet didn't pierce him".
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I will then give a hint to be on the safe side

"A person was shot but the bullet didn't pierce him".
what the fukku
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I don't know if that's a meme Mafia confession or a hint at Sane Doctor
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,993
Reaction score
18,563
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If you are a detective, or a role which can unearth Mafia members - it's probably not wise to point that out.

...and if you were a Mafia member, then [in almost all circumstances] it would certainly be a bad idea to point that out!
:invalid
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
If you are a detective, or a role which can unearth Mafia members - it's probably not wise to point that out.

...and if you were a Mafia member, then [in almost all circumstances] it would certainly be a bad idea to point that out!
:invalid
I don't know how does my hint refer to the detective.I never claimed I am a detective.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
If you are a detective, or a role which can unearth Mafia members - it's probably not wise to point that out.

...and if you were a Mafia member, then [in almost all circumstances] it would certainly be a bad idea to point that out!
:invalid
I've seen much more flamboyant Mafia Reveals @Lambu :heh
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,596
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So Empty's role is with 99%-certainty Jesus, huh. Well... That could have gone worse. A lot of deaths tonight, but with the hosts screaming at us that there's more than Note, it's not very surprising.

Sucks about DiMaria too, but eh. Not sure how anyone would have had fun with Bodyguard either way :XD

Another dead Detective is a lot more worrying, instead. Especially since *cough* if there's any Det still alive, they have no sure way to confirm their sanity until Empty comes back to life in two days... Unless they already investigated one of the many dead players. If only I'd have known DiMaria would have been hostkilled at the start of today rather than at the end of yesterday, I wouldn't have wasted so much time arguing that plan about niichan. :fail I hope there's a Det who picked up on that...

Erin as Strongman Strongwoman, though :8C At any rate, three dead mafias in three days, at the cost of five townies, is not a negative result at all. Too bad that *cough* we already lynched the chatty mafia member, since I just checked Erin's few posts and she didn't interact in any meaningful way with anyone...
Yeah now that you mention it, we could get back Empty soon. I don't think I'd trust any "regular townie" claims this game, and Empty seemed kinda apathetic towards whether she dies and spammed "awe" :lmao

Vand you want to help figure out the Note/chapter text/truths? You're probably better at that than I am.

Bodyguard isn't very fun yes, but dying instead of someone important who then carries the game probably happened in the past and would be pretty feels-good. Not sure whether we should even ask for a 3rd det to reveal if there is one, best to lay low until some of their investigated guys died and they got a bit more info. I too thought DiMaria would die right away, dets could've investigated DiMaria.

Well...im thinking erin was killed by targeting a possible pgo or an insane doc kill or possible 3rd party/deathnote.
Kato.....someone brought up he was busy with GF.
But i got my money on spirit....he was the one really pushing for pressure on kato...he also voted erin on day 1.

Emptysoul was an outright kill by mafia i believe....seeing how they (nichan)was trying hard to get her lynched....dont know why.
Maybe empty said something that made them think important....xD
A PGO kill this late? Hm I guess it's possible if the role is on someone most people overlooked, and there's quite a lot of lay-low esque players. I'm a bit on edge on several players actually, I'm hoping today someone slips up again.

Empty wasn't killed by mafia, I'll tell you about that later.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'd say you and me being both alive is not surprising at all, actually.

Ah, you think today we should question more than one person at a time? But we learned so much from that 15-people bandwagon yesterday <_>

And you and @gnut are still free to remind me why I'm supposed to be "what we end up going for today". You know, since you still need to make sense of your accusations, which still only amount to "your plan is weird" and "if niichan is Mafia Boss, then Vandred is certainly mafia too". Some intuition you showed there, by the way :heh
Actually you being alive is extremely surprising with the knowledge I currently hold. As for me, they probably chickened out since I likely had protection or was baiting a kill on me.

Hah don't give me that attitude, after all thanks to you we did learn a lot from the bandwagon :heh My plan this game was chaining lynches. Pressuring Spriggan had niichan slip up, pressuring niichan had you slip up. And now, by observing this day I expect to find 2 more mafias. I try to make sure I'm not empty-handed next day, and I'm not.

Such great intuition comes from experience :cop
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Give us a little credit....well gry:gnut
That's what I find strange, both niichan and Vand seem to think we're all idiots who they could sell anything. But them dying as mafia should be a wakeup slap for them anyway :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I think so to. But I think Belserion is one of them. That wierd 180 she did on niichan yesterday just seems like she saw that a convenient kill would happen for niichan. But before that she was quite opposed to it.
You mean this post?

Even though niichan is 100% Mafia trash I was hoping he'd be useful to me for at least tonight. But oh well. I do love a good mafia lynch :sky

Votekill niichan
Not sure what to think of this. Is this the usual Bel people know? Calling someone Mafia trash, especially since she seemed like she took niichan's side earlier that day, or at least remained neutral. Saying she wanted him to be useful to her at night... Bel what exactly are you?
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Not sure what to think of this. Is this the usual Bel people know? Calling someone Mafia trash, especially since she seemed like she took niichan's side earlier that day, or at least remained neutral. Saying she wanted him to be useful to her at night... Bel what exactly are you?
Could you elaborate on this since I'm sure I did nothing of the sort?
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,993
Reaction score
18,563
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't know how does my hint refer to the detective.I never claimed I am a detective.
That wasn't my point - you asked if it was wise to give a hint - I was referring to that, not to any specific role which I may believe you have.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah now that you mention it, we could get back Empty soon. I don't think I'd trust any "regular townie" claims this game, and Empty seemed kinda apathetic towards whether she dies and spammed "awe" :lmao

Vand you want to help figure out the Note/chapter text/truths? You're probably better at that than I am.

Bodyguard isn't very fun yes, but dying instead of someone important who then carries the game probably happened in the past and would be pretty feels-good. Not sure whether we should even ask for a 3rd det to reveal if there is one, best to lay low until some of their investigated guys died and they got a bit more info. I too thought DiMaria would die right away, dets could've investigated DiMaria.



A PGO kill this late? Hm I guess it's possible if the role is on someone most people overlooked, and there's quite a lot of lay-low esque players. I'm a bit on edge on several players actually, I'm hoping today someone slips up again.

Empty wasn't killed by mafia, I'll tell you about that later.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Actually you being alive is extremely surprising with the knowledge I currently hold. As for me, they probably chickened out since I likely had protection or was baiting a kill on me.

Hah don't give me that attitude, after all thanks to you we did learn a lot from the bandwagon :heh My plan this game was chaining lynches. Pressuring Spriggan had niichan slip up, pressuring niichan had you slip up. And now, by observing this day I expect to find 2 more mafias. I try to make sure I'm not empty-handed next day, and I'm not.

Such great intuition comes from experience :cop
--- Double Post Merged, ---


That's what I find strange, both niichan and Vand seem to think we're all idiots who they could sell anything. But them dying as mafia should be a wakeup slap for them anyway :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, ---


You mean this post?



Not sure what to think of this. Is this the usual Bel people know? Calling someone Mafia trash, especially since she seemed like she took niichan's side earlier that day, or at least remained neutral. Saying she wanted him to be useful to her at night... Bel what exactly are you?
That's what I mean yeah. She pulled a near 180 in the same day.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,596
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I still believe there is 3rd party buckaroo...u.u
What if there's a Santa? He could be close to winning the game while we're killing mafia so successfully.

So I wouldn't think it would escalate while I was one of those that was making it escalate? Sure, that makes a lot of sense. Just like throwing a MAFIA DETECTIVE under the bus right off the bat. Which is totally my mafia playstyle, too.
I admit the thing with Spriggan is the weakest part of my logic, but it's not like you tried very hard to make it escalate, just a bunch of people jumped on it. I'll be curious to see your words after the game on why you did that, if you really are mafia.

That's only a way for you to dodge the question. He didn't even hold a Note (since I assume we would have been told of its destruction), which would have been the only sensible reason for me to "protect" him.
I didn't dodge any questions, that was my answer to your "is that protecting?". He didn't have a Note but he was Mafia Boss, dets wouldn't find anything on him and letting him live 1 more day would make people largely forget what he's being accused of, as well as there being other new suspects to draw people onto.

With niichan now being confirmed as Boss, we know the situation is nothing like that. Any rival mafia would have had no way to block the Dets' investigation other than blocking all the individual Dets themselves. Even if they had killed niichan last night, that would have still happened in Priority 3, and it would have actually done us a big favour.
They wouldn't need to care for the investigations themselves, they'd rather hunt the detectives with their kills, niichan would still keep us busy the next days. And don't pretend like you and niichan had a better target for us to lynch last day. You mostly went for Empty, who shows as Townie and probably a Jesus....

Because you said so, right? Or because my death wouldn't be so bad if it served to confirm their sanity? :rolleyes: Something you were vehemently opposed to, yesterday.
Yes because I said so. Also I wasn't opposed to det confirming sanities, I was opposed to letting niichan live for such a bad reason when there's a lot more people they could check. I think you have a bad idea of how detectives should play. I never waste my investigations on people who will die soon or who are confirmed, but rather try getting a guuilty and an innocent result on my own. Which I managed to do in all my games as detective, it isn't even hard if you target the right people. It's only something I'd resort to doing if I kept getting guilty or innocent after targeting very different people, so I'd want to confirm whether I'm a useless det.

That would have been your insurance, of course. Just like you basically saying "I don't like to ask for Doctors to protect me, but that's totally what you all should do tonight _ ".
What insurance do I need exactly? Are you accusing me of something here? And I didn't ask for doc protection, I just mentioned it so that everyone reads it. You know I always bait with my hints/words to bluff my way to survive nights and make mafias doubt what they should do.

Yeah, and all those explanations are rickety at best. I wonder if that announcement of yours will be about having a Note or actually pulling a Daws :lmao
Oh you'll be surprised.

Oh yeah? Like what? What is it that I seemed to know more about him?

Or should I remind you that it was Gry who perfectly divined niichan's role while he was still alive...?
Come on you knew he was Mafia Boss. And I didn't "divine" his role :XD If I could do that I'd have done it last game(though I did say several times Panda was boss.. :emocat), it was your words only that led me to that conclusion. And lookie here, it worked.

Let's not drag out this discussion Vand. If you're a townie, start to be useful. Help us with the text/truths, give me your biggest suspects. We're going in circles with me saying "You did this and that, so you're mafia", and you saying "I would never do that play". So let's try to look forward a bit please.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ah, now here is your problem.

I don't know you from the other games, I only know you from the rest of MH - and from what I learned there, I wouldn't trust you to move my fridge.
:invalid
Oh.. :feelsbadman I don't know about MG since I never played mafia and not sure how trustworthy I'd be there, but generally I consider myself very trustworthy and reliable for others. Unsure how I gave you that impression, but it doesn't matter for this game. I asked because I thought you're hinting detective with this, having gotten a guilty from me on night 1 or something, but I guess not.

Also, this role is designed for someone who has great experience in this game, I feel.
I really need to be able to predict what classes people have, to be useful. <- so any hints on how to read different classes would be nice [am looking at you GrySun; as you are one of the few people I may have a mild clue to], I mean outside of the hints people give...
Hm there's several roles that are good in experienced players' hands. I think you're hinting Spy?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
It's an active role. It could be quite helpful especially after I solve my little crisis. I don't hate it.
A crisis? Anything you need help on?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Could you elaborate on this since I'm sure I did nothing of the sort?
I recall asking you, while my arguing with niichan was going on, what your thoughts were, but I don't think you ever answered and instead liked some of niichan's posts and mentioned some other people instead. But that's just from my memory, would have to go check to know for sure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top