American Politics | Page 273 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Trump always struck me as someone at risk of Alzheimer's, which his father had for 6 years before his death. At 70 years old, Trump is the oldest person to be elected president. Age, family history, and sleep deprivation are the most important risk factors in developing the disease. Most sufferers start to show signs of illness at age 65. It's a similar case with Reagan. Though he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s at age 83, he began to manifest symptoms far earlier, sometime around halfway through his presidency.

Remember when Trump forgot which country he’d just bombed? When it just slipped his mind to sign a pair of executive orders during an event created for that explicit purpose? When he couldn’t locate Rudy Giuliani, who was sitting directly across from him at a media briefing? Those things don’t seem like innocuous senior moments. Trump also seems to exhibit other signs of Alzheimer's. Moodiness, paranoia, belligerence, and erratic behavior are all key indicators of the onset of dementia. Trump’s inappropriate tweets, his belief that his phones are tapped and his quickness to anger, as described by his staff, all fit the bill.

I'm not saying that Trump has dementia, a characteristic of Alzheimer's, but I've worked with people who had dementia and Alzheimer's. They live in the moment, forgetting what they said a day ago, a week ago. Trump's increasingly erratic behavior is making more and more people wonder if he's losing greater touch with reality.

SleipnirX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trump always struck me as someone at risk of Alzheimer's, which his father had for 6 years before his death. At 70 years old, Trump is the oldest person to be elected president. Age, family history, and sleep deprivation are the most important risk factors in developing the disease. Most sufferers start to show signs of illness at age 65. It's a similar case with Reagan. Though he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s at age 83, he began to manifest symptoms far earlier, sometime around halfway through his presidency.

Remember when Trump forgot which country he’d just bombed? When it just slipped his mind to sign a pair of executive orders during an event created for that explicit purpose? When he couldn’t locate Rudy Giuliani, who was sitting directly across from him at a media briefing? Those things don’t seem like innocuous senior moments. Trump also seems to exhibit other signs of Alzheimer's. Moodiness, paranoia, belligerence, and erratic behavior are all key indicators of the onset of dementia. Trump’s inappropriate tweets, his belief that his phones are tapped and his quickness to anger, as described by his staff, all fit the bill.

I'm not saying that Trump has dementia, a characteristic of Alzheimer's, but I've worked with people who had dementia and Alzheimer's. They live in the moment, forgetting what they said a day ago, a week ago. Trump's increasingly erratic behavior is making more and more people wonder if he's losing greater touch with reality.
With Reagan I’m actually surprised he opted to complete his presidency (even run for a second term) - he was really beginning to show signs of the disease towards the end of his second term, and I can’t imagine those close to him didn’t have at least some notion in ‘84. It’s a shame because I actually really like/ have a lot of respect for him and his handling of the end of the Cold War (as much as he’s often painted as a bit of a war monger I would say from my study of him that quite the opposite is true; and he seemed to have a genuine hatred of a situation which saw people living under the looming threat of nuclear Armageddon.)

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
With Reagan I’m actually surprised he opted to complete his presidency (even run for a second term) - he was really beginning to show signs of the disease towards the end of his second term, and I can’t imagine those close to him didn’t have at least some notion in ‘84. It’s a shame because I actually really like/ have a lot of respect for him and his handling of the end of the Cold War (as much as he’s often painted as a bit of a war monger I would say from my study of him that quite the opposite is true; and he seemed to have a genuine hatred of a situation which saw people living under the looming threat of nuclear Armageddon.)
I would think that's mainly because the disease was not as well-known/well-socialized as it is today. So even if his closest people noticed something was off, most people back then would pass it off as simple dementia. And besides, a disease like that wouldn't have looked good for the administration, either. So it's understandable.

BTW, Trump's doctor was obviously a hack and got paid off to clear him for the elections

Onyx Darkmatter

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was seriously expecting Moore to win the Senate Election...
But comes a surprise where he fucking lost in Alabama.

Fucking.
Alabama.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
He only barely won. There's still half the voting population (and probably even more of the total population of Alabama) who don't think the allegations against Moore were serious enough to disqualify him. Nevermind his actual record. Democrats are still apparently held with less regard than hebephiles in Alabama.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He only barely won. There's still half the voting population (and probably even more of the total population of Alabama) who don't think the allegations against Moore were serious enough to disqualify him. Nevermind his actual record. Democrats are still apparently held with less regard than hebephiles in Alabama.
But... isn't that a big deal anyways? I mean, sure, a yuge number of people still think moore was preferable to a democrat but the amount of votes that had to shift or be absent for this result to be possible is more than significant. Alabama is not a state that is normally up for grabs. Trump won the state comfortably (26 points) and according to the internet most if not all government offices are held by republicans there. Republicans, and trump should think of alabama as a referendum on them as a whole and their reaction to it should match the result... Even if things were going well republicans should have been worried that they were going to lose their majorities in the house and senate because that is how elections normally go. But if you consider this result along with other elections then things should look pretty fucking grim for the republican party for next year.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So net neutrality, for now, is dead as a crushing defeat to freedom, democracy and basic common decency.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I was seriously expecting Moore to win the Senate Election...
But comes a surprise where he fucking lost in Alabama.

Fucking.
Alabama.
What's extremely disturbing though is how many republicans supported him, a pedophile, and a supposed party for family values were okay with supporting him.
Problem is, neither parties hold their own to the same standards that they hold the other. I think the primary demographic that actually does would be female Democrats, when they asked their own to resign after sexual misconduct allegation.

And republicans will always hold anything liberal or left wing as worse than a pedophile or serial killer, as long as they're conservative leaning.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, I'm not saying things like "Wow look at Alabama! Democrats have a chance next year!", but it's more of a surprise that Jones won in one of THE most conservative and religious states in the country.
Yeah, it doesn't change the fact that there are people who're using their morals when it comes to Abortion, but when it comes to a kiddie fiddler it's perfectly time.

What's extremely disturbing though is how many republicans supported him, a pedophile, and a supposed party for family values were okay with supporting him.
They definitely threw Family Values under the bus. Still, it's an embarrassment for Trump to endorse someone horrible all for the purpose of "Muh Taxes" excuse.
So net neutrality, for now, is dead as a crushing defeat to freedom, democracy and basic common decency.
What's worse is that not only did Ajit the cunt blantly ignored people's voices, he also made a cringeworthy video that's mocking them.
Asshole deserves to rot in a fiery hellpit.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I.... have no words. I mean, what? Is he an idiot? Does he think everyone on the internet is a moron and went out of his way to mock everyone? How could any sane person think this is anything resembling a good idea? Is net neutrality not enough? Does he have to try and ruin star wars? And puppies? He is lucky the puppy doesn't know what net neutrality is because it would have otherwise jumped at his jugular... I mean, he has to be trolling right? Oh well, guess I now gotta apologize to lord comcast for this post.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Shocking news.I never thought Net neutrality will be gone like this.It's up to the Americans to protest against this and force them to reverse this decision.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

I.... have no words. I mean, what? Is he an idiot? Does he think everyone on the internet is a moron and went out of his way to mock everyone? How could any sane person think this is anything resembling a good idea? Is net neutrality not enough? Does he have to try and ruin star wars? And puppies? He is lucky the puppy doesn't know what net neutrality is because it would have otherwise jumped at his jugular... I mean, he has to be trolling right? Oh well, guess I now gotta apologize to lord comcast for this post.
He's a fucking tool

I pray to all the gods that he didn't ask for the rights to use any of those clips/songs and Disney/HBO/ come out strong against him

Hey, whatta ya know... it has begun.

Onyx Darkmatter

Reaction score
Country
United States

If there's a time where there's severe violence happening at the FCC office while Ajit is there, I'll turn my back and let the animals do their jobs.
Not only did he not gave 2 shits about what the American People wanted, he made this shitty video to pour salt into people's wounds without a fuck.

So I don't give a fuck if he receives death threats at all, because he never gave any fucks on what the people wanted.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
He's a fucking tool

I pray to all the gods that he didn't ask for the rights to use any of those clips/songs and Disney/HBO/ come out strong against him

Hey, whatta ya know... it has begun.
I was wondering if that was possible when seeing the video. Gotta love that the first one to come out against that was the harlem shake. It came out of retirement to defend itself against abject stupidity because even if it would grasp at any straw to try and stay relevant it still does not want to be associated with that. Or that pizzagate idiot. Seriously, why?
If there's a time where there's severe violence happening at the FCC office while Ajit is there, I'll turn my back and let the animals do their jobs.
Not only did he not gave 2 shits about what the American People wanted, he made this shitty video to pour salt into people's wounds without a fuck.

So I don't give a fuck if he receives death threats at all, because he never gave any fucks on what the people wanted.
That won't happen. God king comcast would simply cut access to google maps and leave only apple maps. There will be no survivors.....

Wait, an applemaps joke in 2017? That's so old.... Is... whatever brain disease that led to that video being a thing contagious?

desin24

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Austria

Just look at him with his stupid mug (both possible meanings). Just look at his comment after one of the FCC members argued against the abolishment of net neutrality 10:17.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, so who is Michael wolff and why would anyone care about what he says?
Ok, so there is this whole thing with that book that is going to be released... Normally I would think that something writen in a book like that shouldn't be taken too seriously unless the person actually was in the administration and and even then add some healthy skepticism in regards to stuff that was said. But if trump's response to this is along the lines of "bannon lost his mind" rather than "come on, that is just some random guy publishing what he claims are "interviews"" or some other variety of calling them liars.... Wouldn't that mean trump just confirmed bannon did say those things? And if bannon did say the stuff that is claimed in the book, then wouldn't that give at least a shred of credibility to the other stuff in it?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
did you read Trump's tweet about bigger button for nuclear missiles than Kim?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
did you read Trump's tweet about bigger button for nuclear missiles than Kim?
Well, no, but.... Isn't it obvious trumpy trump has the biggest bligliest bigly most beautiful reddest yugest button that there ever was and ever will be?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm pretty annoyed at that. I mean, why does he have to make us look so stupid AND potentially incite a nuclear war in the process?

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Us look stupid? More like his administration (not that they needed help) as well as the buffoons who run Twitter. Pretty laughable that world leaders are somehow exempt from any wrongdoing by making threats towards people, not to mention nuclear war.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Trump has received support and votes and continues to receive support despite his bullshit, so of course it makes us look stupid even though he lost the popular vote.