1. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  2. This year's Community Awards have ended. Check out the results HERE!
  3. Congratulations to MarmaladeSky for winning the Witch Halloween Special Art contest!

Voting has begun for the Winter Art Contests: Avatar & Signature Set, Photography and Short Stories .

This is the final scheduled contest for the year and we would like to say a big thank you to all those who have participated and engaged in the Contests and the Art community in general throughout the year. Your contributions were invaluable!!
  4. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Politics American Politics

Discussion in 'General World Topics' started by SharkBait, Jun 19, 2015.

1. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    right wing/conservatives are the very definition of cancer and irony.

Also:

2. Franckie

Franckie Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    Trump always struck me as someone at risk of Alzheimer's, which his father had for 6 years before his death. At 70 years old, Trump is the oldest person to be elected president. Age, family history, and sleep deprivation are the most important risk factors in developing the disease. Most sufferers start to show signs of illness at age 65. It's a similar case with Reagan. Though he was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s at age 83, he began to manifest symptoms far earlier, sometime around halfway through his presidency.

Remember when Trump forgot which country he’d just bombed? When it just slipped his mind to sign a pair of executive orders during an event created for that explicit purpose? When he couldn’t locate Rudy Giuliani, who was sitting directly across from him at a media briefing? Those things don’t seem like innocuous senior moments. Trump also seems to exhibit other signs of Alzheimer's. Moodiness, paranoia, belligerence, and erratic behavior are all key indicators of the onset of dementia. Trump’s inappropriate tweets, his belief that his phones are tapped and his quickness to anger, as described by his staff, all fit the bill.

I'm not saying that Trump has dementia, a characteristic of Alzheimer's, but I've worked with people who had dementia and Alzheimer's. They live in the moment, forgetting what they said a day ago, a week ago. Trump's increasingly erratic behavior is making more and more people wonder if he's losing greater touch with reality.

3. SleipnirX

SleipnirX Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United Kingdom
    With Reagan I’m actually surprised he opted to complete his presidency (even run for a second term) - he was really beginning to show signs of the disease towards the end of his second term, and I can’t imagine those close to him didn’t have at least some notion in ‘84. It’s a shame because I actually really like/ have a lot of respect for him and his handling of the end of the Cold War (as much as he’s often painted as a bit of a war monger I would say from my study of him that quite the opposite is true; and he seemed to have a genuine hatred of a situation which saw people living under the looming threat of nuclear Armageddon.)

4. Newkerzy

Newkerzy Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Indonesia
    I would think that's mainly because the disease was not as well-known/well-socialized as it is today. So even if his closest people noticed something was off, most people back then would pass it off as simple dementia. And besides, a disease like that wouldn't have looked good for the administration, either. So it's understandable.

BTW, Trump's doctor was obviously a hack and got paid off to clear him for the elections