Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,568
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Makes me wonder how many were added just to trigger other members. :grumble
Yea there's a bit of that it seems.

Not against it... but I can't imagine using a pick based on others. The pride I have in my hate is far too strong.


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
As far as Shuuya (Battle Royale) goes, he's not exactly the worst character ever, he just fits the mould of "pls stfu I'm sick of hearing you" better than any other chara. And, as a main character, it exacerbates the fact that he hogs the spotlight from several more interesting characters. Shuuya actually showed promise early in the manga too...
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@GrySun lol what makes you hate Yang so much? xD I only saw the remake anime but I thought he was an okay character
I was always on #TeamReinhardt, and apart from liking Reinhardt and his whole squad, I also agreed with him philosophically and politically within the show. Yang, being the complete opposite, is someone I disagreed with completely. Disliked many of Yang's choices, which he himself even stated they don't matter at all but "PrINCipLEs JUliAn".. But just disagreeing with him wouldn't make me dislike him. It's that he's a perfect genius who basically never lost a single fight. Reinhardt was somewhat presented as his equal, yet he got his ass kicked by Yang so many times, even when Yang was severely disadvantaged. If only Kircheis was there things would've been so different. But I digress. He's somewhat of a Gary Stu with how he can do no wrong.

Could write a lot more in detail but you get the gist of it. That said, how far did the remake anime even go? I only know the huge original.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
A really big surprise seeing Sinbad in the ranking :o
I can see why he'd be disliked, but still curious to hear from her. @Belserion is there a reason? And is it tied to you being a Kouen fan maybe? :grumble
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Am i that mainstream with my hate :hmm
If after 4 picks nobody appeared, yes you are :catshrug
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Hey he was alright for the most part then that last arc happened. :catshrug
Ah, fair enough.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I can see why he'd be disliked, but still curious to hear from her. @Belserion is there a reason? And is it tied to you being a Kouen fan maybe? :grumble
Nah it has nothing to do with Kouen. Although I did want them to have the ultimate showdown lol. It was more his arrogance, his inability to see others perspectives, his need to brainwash and forcibly bend people to his will, his willingness to turn his back on those loyal to him to further his own agenda. He was alright at the beginning but his u-turn to outright villain at one point was my tipping point. I was never a huge fan of his but I did expect him to be better.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I was always on #TeamReinhardt, and apart from liking Reinhardt and his whole squad, I also agreed with him philosophically and politically within the show. Yang, being the complete opposite, is someone I disagreed with completely. Disliked many of Yang's choices, which he himself even stated they don't matter at all but "PrINCipLEs JUliAn".. But just disagreeing with him wouldn't make me dislike him. It's that he's a perfect genius who basically never lost a single fight. Reinhardt was somewhat presented as his equal, yet he got his ass kicked by Yang so many times, even when Yang was severely disadvantaged. If only Kircheis was there things would've been so different. But I digress. He's somewhat of a Gary Stu with how he can do no wrong.

Could write a lot more in detail but you get the gist of it. That said, how far did the remake anime even go? I only know the huge original.

If after 4 picks nobody appeared, yes you are :catshrug

Ah, fair enough.
I get the gist of it, I think the anime was far from reaching the point you describe :XD It ended with a cliffhanger, the Free Planets Alliance is forced to retreat after they tried to invade the Empire (after the fall of Iserlohn), with half their forces being wiped out. At this point Yang doesn't have that much power, so Reinhard beats his superiors with his scheme, basically, and Yang picks up the scraps. I know nothing else, but so far I think Yang is an okay character (though prefer Reinhard as well)... apparently there are some sequel movies coming out, but I fear I know way too little to talk about him in detail.

And on the other side of the spectrum, all my characters so far were single choices... though I expected as much, I think only two people at most will be chosen by others as well, but maybe there's going to be a (pleasant) surprise : D
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
@FaustXIII Nighteye... yeah, I can see that. Not as big a pile of shit as Mineta though.

@Organizized damn Hody is a nice choice, I can totally relate :XD
Worst One Piece character for sure. There were so many things wrong with the Fishman Island arc, but I’m willing to oversee most of them... except for this fucking guy. I’m not very active I’m the OP discussion threads anymore, but I remember writing more than one long post ranting about how he’s one of the worst villains in shonen ever. Terrible resolve, bland character design, zero depth or charisma. I get that he’s meant to represent blind, second-hand racism, but even as that he fails to achieve his purpose. Basically Arlong with all the appeal taken out.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Erinyes why do you hate Izaya? Is it a “he’s such a manipulative bastard, I hate him” sort of vote or do you genuinely think he’s poorly written? I honestly thought what he added to the story made things interesting, and for a manipulative wannabe god I never found myself really disliking him. Not my favorite character of the series but definitely not the worst either imo.

mattaku :arf

[...] Maybe should have mentionned it earlier, but i did choose only characters i found despicable in what they did or how they behave. none of my nominee is a bad written char i think, at least :errr, otherwise it would have been an all ft list
joke aside, i m having issues in selecting bad written characters bc its usually neither black nor white they might have some nice moments and some really bad, see for instance chars like sakura or erza, its really debatable, other might find them great i dont say they re bad but some parts of their characterization doesnt fit with me. thats why i went for wrong-doing (yeah thats debatable too, but well :p)
i regret though not having Gon in my list if i had to redo it ill trade her with him :arf
I dont dislike him, being a despicaple char doesnt mean i necessary hate them, i do dislike a couple of the ones i ve chosen though, like vanilla ice :errr.


Nah I didn't think you meant that Gon at all lol.

Picking this Gon though, that's a surprise. I quite like him myself.
im glad there was no misunderstanding. :hee

i dont dislike him too, hes a greatly written non one-dimensial mainchar, he got a lot of development and he has a certain selfish, despicable side that actually was hinted from the start, that made me want me toadd him to the list, which i didnt though.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,568
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Worst One Piece character for sure. There were so many things wrong with the Fishman Island arc, but I’m willing to oversee most of them... except for this fucking guy. I’m not very active I’m the OP discussion threads anymore, but I remember writing more than one long post ranting about how he’s one of the worst villains in shonen ever. Terrible resolve, bland character design, zero depth or charisma. I get that he’s meant to represent blind, second-hand racism, but even as that he fails to achieve his purpose. Basically Arlong with all the appeal taken out.
This.

I totally forgot about him (though, I'm not so upset about that, to be fair) - probably would have included him, had I remembered
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Ah, sorry, I didn't read that post properly I guess. :sweatbunny

Anyway.. for the ones I know but haven't already commented on..

Asta - definitely part of the reason I dropped Black Clover early on. I hear both him and the series gets better later on though, but never really felt the urge to pick it up again.

Laxus - Actually, as Fairy Tail characters go, I have nothing against this guy. There are heaps of worse characters in that series than him. :XD

Itachi - Pretty much yeah. The fact that he's held in such high regard amongst Naruto fans makes me wish I'd put him on my list. I hear the change from straight-up major villain to the forced martyr-role he got later wasn't planned from the beginning but implemented later on, and I can definitely see that, because this guy suffers from some major inconsistencies.

James - Oh, come on Peggy, James isn't that bad. I mean, Team Rocket as a whole is a waste of space but if I were to single out one of them for this list, it would definitely be that little fucker Meowth (whom I briefly considered for mine).

Ame - I can definitely see why you picked him, Gryff. I was kinda frustrated with his character the first time I watched it. Seriously though, watch it again after (if) you become a parent. It's eerie how much more the entire metaphor of the film hits home then..

Ryoko - Here, though, I disagree with you. I mean, she's no Yuki, but I sort of loved her psychopathic adorableness. That scene from the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya where she just walks into the classroom and Kyon freaks the fuck out is awesome, and her and Yuki's fight is one I might've friggin' put on my Top 10 Fights list if I hadn't fecked that up so badly..
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@FaustXIII Nighteye... yeah, I can see that. Not as big a pile of shit as Mineta though.



Worst One Piece character for sure. There were so many things wrong with the Fishman Island arc, but I’m willing to oversee most of them... except for this fucking guy. I’m not very active I’m the OP discussion threads anymore, but I remember writing more than one long post ranting about how he’s one of the worst villains in shonen ever. Terrible resolve, bland character design, zero depth or charisma. I get that he’s meant to represent blind, second-hand racism, but even as that he fails to achieve his purpose. Basically Arlong with all the appeal taken out.
I absolutely have to agree, Fishmen Island was the worst OP arc by far... And Hody felt like nothing but an incredibly cheap version of Arlong. I absolutely loved the Arlong Park Arc, but Hody and his wannabe group were just one big fail :fail
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
I wish the update's a little faster :emocat
but oh well, let's see... :hmm

Chibiusa Tsukino
Sailor Moon
Linali​
Yep, can agree with this 100% @Linali
It doesn't hurt the overall show for me, but, she's just damn annoying :facepalm
Sinbad
Magi
Belserion​
You know, I'd be way more salty if you didn't give any information about this certain pick, @Belserion XP
Other than that, I can see why people have mix feelings about him.
Sir Nighteye
Boku no Hero Academia
FaustXIII​
@FaustXIII yea, I can see why he's your pick, but he's not the only worst character in that arc for me.
Yang Wenli
Legend of Galactic Heroes
GrySun​
@GrySun This is rather an unusual pick, even as someone who is siding with Reinhard. Maybe it's because I didn't watch all of the episodes of the original anime, but I see Yang as interesting as Reinhard himself, and in the end is just my personal preferences.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@Erinyes I removed Vanilla Ice from my list last-second, but would‘ve included him too. Great pick :verily Apart from all he did, his character is also just a crazy fanatic -_-; Which is a much worse and less defined character than the two D‘Arby brothers for example. Which doesn‘t proportionally fit all the stuff he did and how OP he was.

I get the gist of it, I think the anime was far from reaching the point you describe :XD It ended with a cliffhanger, the Free Planets Alliance is forced to retreat after they tried to invade the Empire (after the fall of Iserlohn), with half their forces being wiped out. At this point Yang doesn't have that much power, so Reinhard beats his superiors with his scheme, basically, and Yang picks up the scraps. I know nothing else, but so far I think Yang is an okay character (though prefer Reinhard as well)... apparently there are some sequel movies coming out, but I fear I know way too little to talk about him in detail.

And on the other side of the spectrum, all my characters so far were single choices... though I expected as much, I think only two people at most will be chosen by others as well, but maybe there's going to be a (pleasant) surprise : D
Oh, that‘s like 1/5th of the story or less :XD Yang is okay, perhaps just my issues with how the story treats him, similar to my complaints of Kagami from KnB.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Team Rocket as a whole is a waste of space
No, I‘d say Team Rocket are the only marginal source of entertainment from Pokemon. Very flawed yes, but if you call them a waste of space then I wonder what you‘d call the whole rest of Pokemon :grumble

@GrySun This is rather an unusual pick, even as someone who is siding with Reinhard. Maybe it's because I didn't watch all of the episodes of the original anime, but I see Yang as interesting as Reinhard himself, and in the end is just my personal preferences
Not like I‘m preventing you from liking him :catshrug If you like him then go ahead. Not sure how many episodes you‘ve seen though, and wouldn‘t wanna spoil anything in more detailed talks.
 
Last edited:

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
A waste of space? :cookiehand
Ouch man :emocat

Not that I like every Pokemon series, but I consider Diamond & Pearl and XY/XYZ to be more than just game adaptations. They're straight up good.
And that Black and White isn't just a waste of space. The series deserve to be forgotten in all its entirely.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,239
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
@FaustXIII That Bakuman pick feels kinda.. random. Not a character you’d expect on a list like this at all.
He's a useless editor/supporting character and was replaced by Hattori in the end (for the better!)

Dunno why they integrated him to the story in the first place.I guess it's to say that even in WSJ/Shueisha you also get shitty editors unwantedly. :cookiehand
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Erinyes I removed Vanilla Ice from my list last-second, but would‘ve included him too. Great pick :verily Apart from all he did, his character is also just a crazy fanatic -_-; Which is a much worse and less defined character than the two D‘Arby brothers for example. Which doesn‘t proportionally fit all the stuff he did and how OP he was.



Oh, that‘s like 1/5th of the story or less :XD Yang is okay, perhaps just my issues with how the story treats him, similar to my complaints of Kagami from KnB.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


No, I‘d say Team Rocket are the only marginal source of entertainment from Pokemon. Very flawed yes, but if you call them a waste of space then I wonder what you‘d call the whole rest of Pokemon :grumble



Not like I‘m preventing you from liking him :catshrug If you like him then go ahead. Not sure how many episodes you‘ve seen though, and wouldn‘t wanna spoil anything in more detailed talks.
yeah Vanilla ice is just a trash, i could never forget what he did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pout yeah you pinpoint it, just a crazy fanatic with bland personality, a hopeless scum !!! i m wondering is there anyone who even likes him ? :errr

:pout #erinwillneverforgive this... my cute iggy ♥

 
Top