Fantasy - Sanji vs. Sai | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Sanji vs. Sai

~Charging Lightning~

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nope his cherry stone attack was able to attack anyone everywhere on that mountain at the same time, i wouldn't call such attacks slow, some of his attacks caught out Luffy too, i wouldn't call his attacks slow, he was just unlucky to be up against someone much higher level than him.
Yes his punches at golem Pica where slow but they were almost impossible to dodge since they covered a size of a city

Also next time you say a character is slow specify what you mean because the way you said it implied he as a character was slow when he wasn't!
Can you please start posing panels that support your "Pica was by far the fastest character in Dressrosa" claim? I don't remember much of the arc and I'm not gonna spend unnecessary time looking back through the arc just to confirm these claims your throwing at me.

Do you remember him talking while Law was busy attacking him, or when even Smoker was attacking him and the guy already showed feats he is able to keep up with Law's teleportation, but not once in his fight with Sanji, Law or Smoker did he ever bother to dodge anything even though his speed was higher than the 3 of them, do you know what overwhelmed"means, look it up and tell me how you think that was Sanji overwhelming Vergo......
@bold, here's a panel of Vergo clearly dodging Smoker:
Most of the fight was off panel so you can't claim that he didn't dodge more often offscreen, especially when we see him dodge on screen. Vergo was one shot blitzed by Law the second he got his heart back, to say that he's faster than Law is ridiculous lol. To say he's faster than Sanji is baseless too. You realize that Vergo is known for his armament haki, not his speed right? I'm not gonna entertain this Sanji vs Vergo debate any longer. Sanji hit him twice while Vergo was unable to tag him. I already proved you wrong with the "not feeling like dodging" crap with a panel of Vergo clearly dodging Smoker anyway.
Dont need to explain this since my previous statement said it all!
You act like Sanji being on guard takes away from it being a good feat which doesn't make any sense lol.

im not refuting that, the fact is he wouldn't have been able to if Oven wasn't distracted!
You have no proof of this statement and it's irrelevant to my point anyway.

Sai tanked hits from Lao G and Pica and Sanji has not shown to be able to tank such levels of damage, a simple unnamed punch from Luffy was enough to make him bleed out and cough out in pain, while Sai took a G2 punch that didn't even faze him.
Did you not see him praising Sanji which made him get Sanji in his web easily, and this is Sanji someone who i believe is better at detecting attacks better than Luffy and Zoro, that is how Doffy is and thinking otherwise is plain ridiculous!
Or is praising someone who is attacking you with their strongest attack while laughing and not even using COA to block a sign of being serious for you?
Are you serious? Sanji was able to fight Vergo casually even after his body got wrecked while Nami was in it and he was able to tank Doflamingo's 5 colored strings. You're telling me that Doffy's own henchmen have attacks completely beyond his level of attacks? An unamed base Luffy punch made Doflamingo bleed too. Luffy hit Sanji in the face with an incredible amount of rage while with Sai his attention wasn't even on him and he simply only wanted him out of the ring. Trust me, if Luffy wanted to make Sai bleed even in his base form then he could. Sanji didn't get caught because Doffy was praising him lmao. He got caught because parasite is an invisible and fast technique. Considering how focused Sanji was on kicking Doffy we don't even know if he heard Doffy's praise. When Doffy praised him nothing about Sanji's attitude or attacks changed. Doffy laughing means shit, he always laughs even when he's in serious shitty situations. "Strongest attack". Wow, I never knew that Poele a Frire Spectre was his strongest move now.

Last edited:

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
Depends really. Cell vs. Trunks yes. Gregor Clegane vs. Oberyn Martell no. Thats why this is a real good matchup. One Misstep and its over for our cook.
Didn't realize you were quoting me here lol. Since you seem like an actual chill and mature person I'll give my two cents here:
Gregor Clegane vs Oberyn Martell actually proves my point perfectly. Oberyn had that fight won completely, he dominated Clegane with sheer speed alone and only lost because he had a personal vendetta against Clegane that made him want to see him suffer rather than just killing him when he had the chance. Don't wanna get too off topic here with examples from other series tho so I'll bring it back to Sanji vs Sai. The likelihood of what happened to Oberyn happening to Sanji is low because A. Unlike the mountain's strength being able to squash Oberyn's head, Sai doesn't have any attacks that can one shot Sanji and B. Sanji has no personal history against Sai that would even cause him to play around with Sai and try to make him suffer before killing him.

Glad to see a fellow Game of Thrones fan lmao.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Didn't realize you were quoting me here lol. Since you seem like an actual chill and mature person I'll give my two cents here:
Gregor Clegane vs Oberyn Martell actually proves my point perfectly. Oberyn had that fight won completely, he dominated Clegane with sheer speed alone and only lost because he had a personal vendetta against Clegane that made him want to see him suffer rather than just killing him when he had the chance. Don't wanna get too off topic here with examples from other series tho so I'll bring it back to Sanji vs Sai. The likelihood of what happened to Oberyn happening to Sanji is low because A. Unlike the mountain's strength being able to squash Oberyn's head, Sai doesn't have any attacks that can one shot Sanji and B. Sanji has no personal history against Sai that would even cause him to play around with Sai and try to make him suffer before killing him.

Glad to see a fellow Game of Thrones fan lmao.
I knew this point will come. But you are actually wrong, Sai has Baby5 who wants to marry him. So just see her als cause for this "fight" and personal vendetta can come into play. Even without, yes Oberyn was better and won the fight in theory, buuut he is dead. Ser Gregor/Robert Strong still lives. So he is the winner.

Otherwise look at Kuro vs. Luffy. Luffy couldnt follow his movements, but instinct oneshotted him.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
I knew this point will come. But you are actually wrong, Sai has Baby5 who wants to marry him. So just see her als cause for this "fight" and personal vendetta can come into play. Even without, yes Oberyn was better and won the fight in theory, buuut he is dead. Ser Gregor/Robert Strong still lives. So he is the winner.
LMAO. Sanji's woman weakness does certainly shaft his character, especially in fights I'll give you that. Oberyn and Sanji are different people tho. As angry as Sanji gets it's not in his character to torture his opponents the same way Oberyn tortured the mountain. Sanji getting upset would actually likely work against Sai lol.
Otherwise look at Kuro vs. Luffy. Luffy couldnt follow his movements, but instinct oneshotted him.
Luffy couldn't follow his movements at the start of his fight which led him to get cut up a lot but once his eyes got used to Kuro's speed he beat him. But this is Luffy we're talking about here. Luffy is a master at adapting in fights like developing gear second and gear third against CP9 or starting to see the future against Katakuri. Luffy's potential at adapting during fights is probably the best in the entire manga (no surprise there considering he's the MC I guess).

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
EDIT: Oh yeah, another impressive speed feat that Sanji has over Sai: he was able to intercept a bloodlusted Doflamingo
you mean , doflamingo who was focused at sunny ship and sanji was giving a surprise attack , and doflamingo still managed to block him, casually hit sanji , ignored him again, and easily blocked sanji's surprise attack again? much speed much wow.

and cause him to block his attack at the very last second.
look at this desperate argument for sanji :derp
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Guys dont get worked up.

Eat some cake.
lightning really need to accept sanji's loss here. At least he can still eat the wedding cake :super

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm starting to think you have a crush on me lmao.
you mean , doflamingo who was focused at sunny ship and sanji was giving a surprise attack , and doflamingo still managed to block him, casually hit sanji , ignored him again, and easily blocked sanji's surprise attack again? much speed much wow.
Doflamingo, blood lusted mind you, had the jump on the sunny ship but Sanji was still able to intercept him before he could reach the ship and before Law could teleport over there to save them. Doffy's face in the bottom right panel explains everything, he didn't expect Sanji to close in on him so quickly, otherwise instead of blocking Sanji's attack with a strained look on his face he would have casually dodged it while laughing manically like he usually does. It was hardly a surprise attack, Sanji literally yelled at Doffy before he was on top of him. Obv I'm not implying Sanji is faster than Doffy, especially when you look at what happened to Sanji in that fight, but it's a speed feat that shits on anything Sai has done speed related.

lightning really need to accept sanji's loss here. At least he can still eat the wedding cake :super
I'm the one who needs to do the accepting here? Really? This argument was shut down after you and your friend Shasha resulted to toxic flaming but it seems you had to get one last say about a small edit I made. This will be my final response to you in this thread. If you really want the last word so badly then I'll give it to you dude, not like I'll lose any sleep over knowing that the guy who thinks normal humans can dodge lasers if they know they're coming got the last word in this fictional character debate. :catshrug

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
otherwise instead of blocking Sanji's attack with a strained look on his face he would have casually dodged it while laughing manically like he usually does.
doflamingo actually did that , like literally in the next chapter

It was hardly a surprise attack, Sanji literally yelled at Doffy before he was on top of him. Obv I'm not implying Sanji is faster than Doffy, especially when you look at what happened to Sanji in that fight, but it's a speed feat that shits on anything Sai has done speed related.
so my point still stands that sanji was not that fast.....he never managed to give clean hits using his speed.

I'm the one who needs to do the accepting here? Really?
still in denial, I guess

This will be my final response to you in this thread.
running away from arguments now huh :super

over knowing that the guy who thinks normal humans can dodge lasers if they know they're coming got the last word in this fictional character debate. :catshrug
and yet you couldn't give proper counter arguments.
Read back explanation of color of observation plz

not like I'll lose any sleep over
i never even said anything about losing sleep.......
Charging Lightning low-key admitting that he couldn't sleep at night due to being salty over losing his arguments lol.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
One Piece section seems hostile much
..Hmm I wonder why....

Sanji is fast...If you deny this claim then, i can't debate with you. As to how fast, Its still too hard to pin down..He has Sky Walk, & Blue Walk, both are rather impressive..In comparison to his crewmates; Zoro was faster than Hody underwater; & Luffy can jump on the air also in G4. Zoro's swordsmenship is hella fast, & Luffy base,G2 or otherwise is fast also...But Sanji Ill say is more agile than the rest. So speed he probably edges the rest of the crew, Luffy slightly, Zoo's slashes slightly.. But he has no Fire power to match them..His COS haki was no match for Vergo...Injured or not, he wasnt critical.we've watch StrawHats beat down n bloody, defend themselves and win, Sanji in that arc cant beat Vergo & his COA is lacking

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Sanji washes this man, badly.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
actually no, fastest would be between G4 luffy or brook.
Brook is not faster than Sanji. He is only lighter. Still Sanji is for sure faster. G4 Luffy I can agree with.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Brook is not faster than Sanji. He is only lighter. Still Sanji is for sure faster. G4 Luffy I can agree with.
lol you are in denial for sanji feats now
oda already said that in 100m race, brook is the fastest. He is lighter, which makes him faster.
His speed feat so far also outclasses what sanji did. He even managed to outspeed the yonkou big mom at some point.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
lol you are in denial for sanji feats now
oda already said that in 100m race, brook is the fastest. He is lighter, which makes him faster. His speed feat so far also outclasses what sanji did. He even managed to outspeed the yonkou big mom at some point.
In denial of what feats?? Him intercepting Doffy from miles away; Or attacking Oven with no one able to see what exactly happened....which feasts am I in denial Of? Sounds like your just spouting stuff or mistaken my arguments with someone's else.

Being lighter doesn't make you faster than someone. It makes Brook able to run on top of water without sinking....I actually found hints of this interview where Oda stating such...Still wouldn't matter imo. Oda was refering to a foot Race, not reaction speed or attack/dexterity.

Speed is also measured in the amount of time it takes to travel a diatance..Ex.80MPH

Brook being light means he can't gather the same amount of mass & velocity the others would, meaning they would overtake him in speed eventually...

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'd probably say Sai, his CoA seems to be superior to Sanji's so he could deal more damage, which would actually stick unlike Vergo.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sanji had his leg broken by VERGO
Pretty sure a haki kirikage would fuck him up withouth the raid suit.
Sanji may be fast and have good CoO, but he sure as hell aint as durable as luffy and zoro withouth his suit.

So I give this to Sai

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Sai got easily owned by luffy back in the day. And luffy was not even paying attention, he was just getting sai out of the way so as to fight chinjao. Certainly sai's kick is powerful but unless sai awakening that power also gave him a massive all around boost I don't see how sanji does not own him easily even without a raid suit. If sai can't handle an indifferent luffy then he certainly can't handle sanji while his attention is on him. Even if the kick could defeat sanji, sanji by any logic at least appears to be faster and far more mobile.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji had his leg broken by VERGO
Pretty sure a haki kirikage would fuck him up withouth the raid suit.
Sanji may be fast and have good CoO, but he sure as hell aint as durable as luffy and zoro withouth his suit.

So I give this to Sai
The same leg he kept walking afterwards after the fight and never got medical attention? Yeah, that was real 'damaging'. Also failed to say that he just came from switching from Law's power and it was stated he wasn't 100%. Honestly it makes him even more stronger to think he didn't go down like that even at that situation. Sanji can handle him the same with his own Armament Haki if it was able to counter Daifuku's Genie Large Version who was cutting ships like a breeze and has more stronger than Vergo ever was. Sanji is durable, he is up there with Luffy and Zoro on taking damage and continue on moving. There been many moments to state that about him.

Sanji for the win without or with RS in fighting Sai. Heck, wasn't Sai defeated easily with Luffy G2 when he got in a way, don't see much hype with him if he was push away that easily, so Sanji won't be that far behind being Monster Trio.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Sai got easily owned by luffy back in the day. And luffy was not even paying attention, he was just getting sai out of the way so as to fight chinjao. Certainly sai's kick is powerful but unless sai awakening that power also gave him a massive all around boost I don't see how sanji does not own him easily even without a raid suit. If sai can't handle an indifferent luffy then he certainly can't handle sanji while his attention is on him. Even if the kick could defeat sanji, sanji by any logic at least appears to be faster and far more mobile.
To be fair you're being too hard on Sai for having been knocked out by Luffy. You're emphasizing on Luffy being indifferent, but you're not talking about the fact that Sai was completely unaware of Luffy since he was duelling with Ideo. This shoudn't even be brought up against Sai tbh.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Wait, is this the same Sai whose grandfather is Chinjao?