Discussion - Haki Thread | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Isn't extended haki just hardening, but it covers whatever the user's touching and wants to cover in haki? Or is hardening not actually where things coated in haki turn black but something else? If it is, then it's confusing because there should have been blackening hardening going on during the War given the advantages it'd have given the fighters, but we rarely saw it.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Isn't extended haki just hardening, but it covers whatever the user's touching and wants to cover in haki? Or is hardening not actually where things coated in haki turn black but something else? If it is, then it's confusing because there should have been blackening hardening going on during the War given the advantages it'd have given the fighters, but we rarely saw it.
This is why when it comes to CoA part of Haki, readers are advised not to go looking at things that happened PreTS.

It's confirmed that Oda didn't really put much details into Haki Pre TS which is why we don't get a single character in Marineford war using hardening.
I mean Vice Admirals and above are confirmed to be all Haki users and how many Vice Admirals were there yet not a single one used Haki?
Preposterous to say the least.

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The regular invisible coating has been used after TS as well, quite some time after Hardening was introduced so the reasoning that Oda wasn't presenting CoA blackened out may apply before TS but not after.
The regular coating of CoA does have some degree of hardness to it but the focus is not on the hardness itself as much as it is with Hardening technique.
The regular coating is simply drawing out the latent energy to the surface and interaction with logia bodies, yes it still does have some degree of hardness to it. Why are those who are able to use Hardening using regular invisible coating? Possibly to preserve Haki since it is a limited resource so they don't use Hardening in scenarios which they don't think it's needed.

The example of this is Sai's brother attacking the Funk brothers. He was attacking flesh and blood, there was no reason to think that his axe would break to coat it into Hardening, if he was able to do it that is. This is where inconsistency with Sanji comes up, he was blocking a sharp metal spear. There is no reason why he would not use Hardening if he was able to. It would surprise me if someone of Sanji's caliber is not able to use Hardening but going by manga so far he never has shown it before and the fact that the raid suit is there to provide him a degree of toughness and damage resistance conveniently fits that he might not be able to use Hardening. Luffy was not using Hardening against Caesar but regular invisible coating, because a higher degree of hardness isn't needed against gas, totally plausible scenario.

Now the Hardening technique is not just drawing out the latent energy to the surface but focusing it to achieve a maximum degree of hardness whether it is for offense or for defense. However, this technique seems to be focusing that energy in the skin itself since there is nothing in between the user's contact surface and his target. This is where the Haki release technique comes in.

The Haki release technique is releasing energy that was drawn out towards the enemy, allowing impact without contact. One thing is unclear and that is if this release of Haki is possible without focusing it first and if it is then all the instances before TS could be justified why they were not blackened out.
Hyogoro definitely turned black like Hardening does it, back then when Sengoku was blasting BB pirates he was blackened out but in kinda different way, possibly the first use of blackened out version which evolved in the New World to how we see Hardening now. The benefit of Haki release technique is allowing safety for the user's contact surface and totally makes sense why Vista and Marco decided to use flying slashes against Akainu in close range - to avoid their limbs/swords to be melted by the magma.

Remember how Rayleigh and the elephant scene was presented in anime? Exactly like Kamehameha. That's exactly what this technique is, a Haki blast, the anime simply exaggerated it A LOT.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Luffy was not using Hardening against Caesar but regular invisible coating, because a higher degree of hardness isn't needed against gas
Or because that's what Haki does. Allows you to grab/touch/hit/interact with Logia users, something that isn't possible without it. Simple.
People have to stop bringing in real-life scientific laws to understand Shounen Manga based off fantasy.

Against Caesar, Luffy used Haki throughout. Sometimes he used hardening, sometimes there didn't.

so the reasoning that Oda wasn't presenting CoA blackened out may apply before TS but not after
My point exactly.

Why are those who are able to use Hardening using regular invisible coating? Possibly to preserve Haki since it is a limited resource so they don't use Hardening in scenarios which they don't think it's needed.
It's hard to think it's not needed in a war involving highly powerful combatants.
Nearly every instance that had happened in the Manga. The contestants used hardening.
Luffy, Doffy, Katakuri, Jimbei, Big Mom, all used hardening in their respective battles.
It's far-fetched that a battle between high tier pirates and marines did not show one person using hardening.
We've been told why. The concept of Haki wasn't fully fledged Pre TS.

Virtually every writer goes through this including Oda. He's a genius but he also makes mistakes.

back then when Sengoku was blasting BB pirates he was blackened out but in kinda different way, possibly the first use of blackened out version which evolved in the New World to how we see Hardening now.
Edit: not

Don't think so. What Sengoku did – even though the stance is similar to Goken – is not related at all.
To me, that's simply his DF at work. We see a shockwave in a ball like form with his DF activated in an attack against all the Blackbeard pirates, and the first thing on your mind is Goken.
Goken doesn't create a ball like room. Sengoku's Budda does.

And even though the stance they use is similar. Buddha has always been known with that attack stance.
Memories of the chairman from HunterXHunter still comes to mind.

When two conquerors users clash in battle, we tend to see a quaking effect similar to Whitebeard's DF in action.
Just because there's a similarly doesn't make it the same concept.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The benefit of Haki release technique is allowing safety for the user's contact surface and totally makes sense why Vista and Marco decided to use flying slashes
So are you claiming flying slashes to be inherently Haki based?
Like flying slashes can't be done without Haki?
That flying slashes make use of Haki and without Haki you can't do a flying slash?

Last edited:

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
hardening is hardening. That's all that's it. you explain it correctly. It's Haki that hardens the skin.

Invisible Armour Haki, is just non hardening. & it can be used as a kamehameha..lol.

Sanji hit caribou, with invisible Haki, he didn't harden up to hit him. When Sanji blocked Daifuku's genie during their escape on WCI, he used some sort of haki..His feet aren't blade proof, he had to use haki..even if its not well illustrated we know, he's not a character like Bobby brothers who naturally can defend against blades with their body.

Coo, also has 2 facets. You have FS, & Then you have all around presence....Rayleigh, Fujitora & Sabo all habe shown to have presence CoO, to where they can sense,feel & see the presence of those around or not around them...Then you have FS, or emotional sight, to where you can feel & see their next moves before they make it.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Or because that's what Haki does. Allows you to grab/touch/hit/interact with Logia users, something that isn't possible without it. Simple.
What is your point here? I didnt deny what you said here. I said he had no need for Hardening version against Gas, just regular invisible coating since Gas itself is not hard to have a need for Hardening.
It's hard to think it's not needed in a war involving highly powerful combatants.
A guy who is made of flesh and blood turns his back and you feel the need to max out the hardness on a metal Axe? Hitting a substance like Gas requires maxed out hardness? No, there is no need for Hardening in those cases, very plausible scenario.
Luffy, Doffy, Katakuri, Jimbei, Big Mom, all used hardening in their respective battles.
It's far-fetched that a battle between high tier pirates and marines did not show one person using hardening.
This is different compared to Sai's brother vs Funk brothers and Luffy vs Gas logia. There is a need for maxed out hardness in high tier battles, Sai's brother, Funk brothers, Caesar are not high tier.
Don't think so. What Sengoku did – even though the stance is similar to Goken – is related at all.
To me, that's simply his DF at work. We see a shockwave in a ball like form with his DF activated in an attack against all the Blackbeard pirates, and the first thing on your mind is Goken.
Goken doesn't create a ball like room. Sengoku's Budda does.
And even though the stance they use is similar. Buddha has always been known with that attack stance.
Memories of the chairman from HunterXHunter still comes to mind.
When two conquerors users clash in battle, we tend to see a quaking effect similar to Whitebeard's DF in action.
Just because there's a similarly doesn't make it the same concept.
Why would a giant made of gold shoot shockwaves? We were never told that to be an ability of his DF.
Now think about it. What is a buddha? I am not very familiar with that religion/way of life but afaik, Buddha is someone at the peak mastery of the spirit.
If Sengoku the buddha is the one who has mastered the spiritual energy manipulation, it would be of no surprise that his Haki blasts are superior and look a bit differently. Again, I dont know if that way of using Haki is called Goken or Goken means something else but I am arguing how the technique works.
It was also very hard to tell when Whitebeard was using Haki. We have no idea if he combined Haki release technique with his DF or not to create huge blasts, like that one blocked by 3 Admirals. It could be an effect of his DF only since it's known to create vibrations but Sengoku's DF is not known for that.
So are you claiming flying slashes to be inherently Haki based?
Like flying slashes can't be done without Haki?
That flying slashes make use of Haki and without Haki you can't do a flying slash?
Yes, that is what I am suspecting. Release of spiritual energy. I have no confirmation of this in the manga, I know.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
A guy who is made of flesh and blood turns his back and you feel the need to max out the hardness on a metal Axe? Hitting a substance like Gas requires maxed out hardness? No, there is no need for Hardening in those cases, very plausible scenario.
I'm not talking about physical hardeness here.

I'm talking about the Marineford war. The fact that there were a lot of high calibre combatants from the pirate groups and also the marines yet not a single visual on hardening.
Hence my statement:
"It's hard to think it's not needed in a war involving highly powerful combatants."

Sengoku's DF is not known for that.
Then what is Sengoku's DF known for other than giving him a shiny gold and gigantic appearance?

Last edited:

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
The regular invisible coating has been used after TS as well, quite some time after Hardening was introduced so the reasoning that Oda wasn't presenting CoA blackened out may apply before TS but not after.
The regular coating of CoA does have some degree of hardness to it but the focus is not on the hardness itself as much as it is with Hardening technique.
The regular coating is simply drawing out the latent energy to the surface and interaction with logia bodies, yes it still does have some degree of hardness to it. Why are those who are able to use Hardening using regular invisible coating? Possibly to preserve Haki since it is a limited resource so they don't use Hardening in scenarios which they don't think it's needed.

The example of this is Sai's brother attacking the Funk brothers. He was attacking flesh and blood, there was no reason to think that his axe would break to coat it into Hardening, if he was able to do it that is. This is where inconsistency with Sanji comes up, he was blocking a sharp metal spear. There is no reason why he would not use Hardening if he was able to. It would surprise me if someone of Sanji's caliber is not able to use Hardening but going by manga so far he never has shown it before and the fact that the raid suit is there to provide him a degree of toughness and damage resistance conveniently fits that he might not be able to use Hardening. Luffy was not using Hardening against Caesar but regular invisible coating, because a higher degree of hardness isn't needed against gas, totally plausible scenario.

Now the Hardening technique is not just drawing out the latent energy to the surface but focusing it to achieve a maximum degree of hardness whether it is for offense or for defense. However, this technique seems to be focusing that energy in the skin itself since there is nothing in between the user's contact surface and his target. This is where the Haki release technique comes in.

The Haki release technique is releasing energy that was drawn out towards the enemy, allowing impact without contact. One thing is unclear and that is if this release of Haki is possible without focusing it first and if it is then all the instances before TS could be justified why they were not blackened out.
Hyogoro definitely turned black like Hardening does it, back then when Sengoku was blasting BB pirates he was blackened out but in kinda different way, possibly the first use of blackened out version which evolved in the New World to how we see Hardening now. The benefit of Haki release technique is allowing safety for the user's contact surface and totally makes sense why Vista and Marco decided to use flying slashes against Akainu in close range - to avoid their limbs/swords to be melted by the magma.

Remember how Rayleigh and the elephant scene was presented in anime? Exactly like Kamehameha. That's exactly what this technique is, a Haki blast, the anime simply exaggerated it A LOT.
Only issue I have with this is the Sanji not using hardening part. Since his legs are black already it would be hard to tell but right after he blocked that strike Judge remarked that Sanji could use haki.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Yes, that is what I am suspecting. Release of spiritual energy. I have no confirmation of this in the manga, I know.
Well, I have confirmation that it's not as you thought.
Brook did a flying slash twice (or even more) and he's not a Haki user.
First time against Kinemon back in PH.
Then he used it to destroy a boulder of ice.

I believe now we agree that flying slashes can be imbued with or without Haki.

It just depends on the swordsman's (if he can use Haki) choice and opponent (Logia/very powerful opponent).

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I'm talking about the Marineford war. The fact that there were a lot of high calibre combatants from the pirate groups and also the marines yet not a single visual on hardening.
Hence my statement:
"It's hard to think it's not needed in a war involving highly powerful combatants."
Yeah, I agree, it's highly possible that Hardening wasnt presented black back then or that CoA at first didnt have the hardness planned at all. It would explain the lack of it during MF war and why a Yonko Whitebeard was stabbed by fodder Marines. We just dont know what was going on in Oda's mind at that time.
Maybe it was only about Haki release and tangibility with Logias but Oda added hardness in the last moment.
Then what is Sengoku's DF known for other than giving him a shiny gold and gigantic appearance?
Well, becoming giant is by itself incredibly powerful ability or just becoming hard as gold is also powerful by itself but those two combined, a giant made of metal is an incredibly powerful combo. It's not just "shiny gold and gigantic appearance", it's incredible ability based on those two.
Whether the shockwaves are the ability of the DF or it's Haki release of someone who has mastered that ability(unsurprising for a Buddha) we dont know, we just assumed it was DF, because back then we had no other explanation for it.
Well, I have confirmation that it's not as you thought.
Brook did a flying slash twice (or even more) and he's not a Haki user.
First time against Kinemon back in PH.
Then he used it to destroy a boulder of ice.
Good point. What if it turns out later that Brook is able to use CoA? Would it be that of a surprise for a swordsman in Pirate King's crew to be able to use one of the most needed abilities as a swordsman?

Only issue I have with this is the Sanji not using hardening part. Since his legs are black already it would be hard to tell but right after he blocked that strike Judge remarked that Sanji could use haki.
I think he just used regular invisible coating since Judge confirmed he used it. Dont let the black pants mislead you, it very easy to present Hardening on black surfaces, check out don Sai's black boots. Oda adds a white line with a bubble to present Hardening on black surfaces, it's clearly visible.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Good point. What if it turns out later that Brook is able to use CoA? Would it be that of a surprise for a swordsman in Pirate King's crew to be able to use one of the most needed abilities as a swordsman?
He has to Awaken it first and he hasn't. That's the only problem I have with MVP Brook. If only he could at least use armament Haki, he'd be among the very top fighters in SH crew.

Correction: Future Pirate King's crew.
Of course it wouldn't. He could Awaken it this arc or the next and no one will complain. Just like Usopp awakened CoO in Dressrosa.

I also agree in my own terms "It's the most needed ability in the New World."
If we think about it. Capable swordsmen like Pre TS Zoro were doing great in Paradise.

It's only in the New World where stakes are high and powerhouses are everywhere that the need for Haki bcoms as important as cash is in real life.

Well, becoming giant is by itself incredibly powerful ability or just becoming hard as gold
I don't know about that. I mean we have a guy who's literally diamond and he's still not among the most physically powerful people in the OP verse and last I checked Luffy was literally one-shotting giants in the New World whereas Big Mom took it to another level as she'd been doing it since she was 7.

I've not seen any reason for me to attribute Sengoku's feat to anything other than his DF.
If anything, all this Haki reveals recently makes me even more guarded and reserved regarding Haki.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
This is why when it comes to CoA part of Haki, readers are advised not to go looking at things that happened PreTS.

It's confirmed that Oda didn't really put much details into Haki Pre TS which is why we don't get a single character in Marineford war using hardening.
I mean Vice Admirals and above are confirmed to be all Haki users and how many Vice Admirals were there yet not a single one used Haki?
Preposterous to say the least.
not like he puts that much details in general anyway :XD
hardening is hardening. That's all that's it. you explain it correctly. It's Haki that hardens the skin.

Invisible Armour Haki, is just non hardening. & it can be used as a kamehameha..lol.

Sanji hit caribou, with invisible Haki, he didn't harden up to hit him. When Sanji blocked Daifuku's genie during their escape on WCI, he used some sort of haki..His feet aren't blade proof, he had to use haki..even if its not well illustrated we know, he's not a character like Bobby brothers who naturally can defend against blades with their body.

Coo, also has 2 facets. You have FS, & Then you have all around presence....Rayleigh, Fujitora & Sabo all habe shown to have presence CoO, to where they can sense,feel & see the presence of those around or not around them...Then you have FS, or emotional sight, to where you can feel & see their next moves before they make it.
Invisible armor haki seems to be the basic, like a chi blast, while hardening seems to be the Kamehameha or Gallic Gun or even flying version of controlling haki.

CoO has more, like what Usopp showed, no? I won't be surprised though if we get more abilities from CoO and CoA. Oda gave us a perfect asspull without making it look like an asspull - training with Rayleigh flashbacks.

I understand how haki works. I just don't understand if hardening is blackening or invisible haki, and blackening haki is called blackening.
Shockwaves?

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
@AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA I've always thought there was much more to his devil fruit ability, but I suppose just being a gigantic golden dude could be it. I mean he doesn't HAVE to have an abilities other than that. None of the other zoans do, with the notable exceptions of Chopper (drug caused) and Marco. All of the Zoan's abilities are related to their physical forms. Correct me if I'm wrong of course!
If that massive shockwave he used against Blackbeard was a haki attack (like the attack Luffy is trying to learn, only much MUCH bigger) it would both make sense and make him look like a super badass that he was able to create something so big!

@nik87 CoO is entirely about sensing things. CoA is all about weaponizing of your spirit. One of the things I think Oda is best at is his creativity with his new attacks and things like that. For example, I NEVER would have been able to come of with all of the cool things he's come up with for Luffy, like pumping his legs to increase his... whatever, and make his faster and stronger! (doesn't matter that there is no way it would work like that irl! lol!) Or blowing air into his bones or muscles to increase his size like a giant? Not this guy. I would have sooner found away to give him a second devil fruit, or had him learn rokushiki directly somehow.

Note: The idea that haki is naturally hard, to me, is preposterous. Manipulating it to become hard? I can see that all day long.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Kaido's scales are physical protection(even tho he doesnt have them in human form, the logic of that agrument that Luffy made is a bit off but may have to do with Kaido's hybrid form) and the point of this Haki blast technique may have to do with attacking Kaido's inner spirit energy and not his physical form(scales) or Luffy can make that Haki blast disperse from within Kaido so the scales would suffer the blast from the inside rather than outside.

I dont know, it doesnt make sense to me for now but we will see how it will play out and what use this technique will have against Kaido.
The whole “breaking Kaidou’s scales” thing seems kinda strange to me. If the attack is a straight up extension of armor like Hp has “suggested” (who I’m pretty sure is straight up ignoring me, or plain has me on block lol!) I don’t see a difference in his standard CoA attacks. If it is a blast of haki, as spirit energy, I could see it having a kind of sandblast effect, or possibly like a directed explosion (which makes the most sense to me). But the drawback I could guess is it probably uses a great deal of haki.
Edit: if it is a strike against his spirit the “breaking his scales” part gets weird, Unless his scales are apart of his spirit as well. “Spirit scales”! Trademarking it now!
Perhaps the palm pulse can get inside Kaidou's body like gamma knife or what rasengan did to Kabuto? That might cause more damage to him than just going after his external body.
Yep I could see it working in a way that palm attack bypasses the scales to do damage. It would make sense if it's possible.

Just I'm a little skeptical about it, similar to what Hrathgrath is saying, because it's like Luffy wants to break the scales (I assume).

In any case, Luffy figuring this out is a tad tough to swallow lol. I mean he just knows the basics. Not calling him a dummy - I'm calling everyone else who's fought Kaido one.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I'd make the point that odds are that armor haki, like observation haki, consists of different skills which are not necessarily dependent on one another. As far as I can tell the independent skills which make up observation haki are:
  1. Predicting incoming attacks.
    1. And then the more advanced version predicting the future
  2. Feeling people's emotions
  3. Feeling people's presences
With armor haki I would argue these are the different skills we have seen:

1. Basic invisible armor
    1. And the more advanced version, hardening.
  2. Imbuing armor into objects
    1. And the more advanced version, imbuing hardening.
  3. Projecting armor beyond your reach
  4. Long range slashes
  5. Cutting what you want (as in cutting metal and not cutting paper)

Anyways, all of those are things which so far have been attributed to haki so far. And take those lists with a grain of salt, specially with armor haki. While all those are definitely attributed to armor haki there are instances in which I am not sure if they are actually the same skill. Based on the chapters I kinda got the impression that the long range haki luffy was training for is basically the same as imbuing your haki into objects like swords. So those being different items in the list might not be entirely accurate. I am also not 100% sure if feeling emotions and presences is different. I guess there is a difference between a list of all the things you can do with haki and a list of all different haki skills (in such a list for instance you'd potentially see items 2 and 3 as the same. Sort of like different applications of the same skill).

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd make the point that odds are that armor haki, like observation haki, consists of different skills which are not necessarily dependent on one another. As far as I can tell the independent skills which make up observation haki are:

1. Basic invisible armor
  4. Long range slashes
Anyways, all of those are things which so far have been attributed to haki so far. And take those lists with a grain of salt, specially with armor haki. While all those are definitely attributed to armor haki there are instances in which I am not sure if they are actually the same skill. Based on the chapters I kinda got the impression that the long range haki luffy was training for is basically the same as imbuing your haki into objects like swords. So those being different items in the list might not be entirely accurate. I am also not 100% sure if feeling emotions and presences is different. I guess there is a difference between a list of all the things you can do with haki and a list of all different haki skills (in such a list for instance you'd potentially see items 2 and 3 as the same. Sort of like different applications of the same skill).
I agree for the most part but one thing I wanted to mention is it’s armament not armor Haki.
Check this out and tell me if you think it makes sense for haki:

Imagine Haki is a persons spirit, or soul, or chi, or “life energy”. And when I say “life-energy” I mean the energy that makes you, you, not literally your life force. I think that’s where the confusion of haki as life energy comes from.

Colour of Armament (Busoshoku): I want to say first that the word ‘Armament’ can be defined as anything used for battle (loose definition).

“Invisible” Haki- taking control of your spirit to solidify(or compress, or condense. Whatever works for you. For the purposes of this explination they are the same thing) it outside of your body as an armor. The stronger your spirit is, the harder you can make your armor. Since this armor is made of your spirit, it can harm an enemy’s spirit directly. Since the spirit and the body are connected, it translates to physical damage upon the receiver of the attack.

Koka, or “Hardening”- focusing your spirit inside your body to reinforce your cells. This makes them harder and more dense. In Luffy’s case this means while his rubber is much harder, it doesn’t change the rubber qualities of his cells/body. Also in Luffy’s case that means it takes more energy to stretch and therefore much more energy is released from the release of that stretching, like a slingshot. *see below for more on this. With practice, your spirit can also be focused into your weapons molecules, reinforcing them and making the weapon stronger. ** see below for more on this

Ashigara Dokkoi- I use this name since it’s the only name that’s been used definitively for this technique. Flooding your body with the energy of your spirit, like filling a container until it’s totally full, and then letting all of that energy flow out of your body through your hand(s). This can be used as either attack, defense, or both simultaneously. And since it is a spirit based attack, it attacks the spirit directly, bypassing defenses, including “natural” devil fruit defenses.

Color of Observation (Kenbunshoku): The ability to sense the spirit, or spirits energy, of everyone (or thing/animals) around you. Depending on the strength of your spirit or your ability to focus that ability to sense, you can sense much more than just where a person is. You can sense in another persons spirit what they intend to do, or if they are being deceptive, or if they have an evil spirit in general. While Zoro said he could “hear” the “breath” of the things around him, I seriously doubt he meant it literally. I think by “breath” he meant their living spirit, and “hearing” I believe he meant sensing it.

Zoom: Focusing your sense of haki in a direction greatly so you can still sense it from a great distance.

“Future Sight”- The ability to sense the intended movements/actions of people and things around you by “reading” their spirit. The more adept you are at this skill the further you can see actions and the consequences of those actions and so on. I’m willing to bet that the “visions” we, as the reader, are shown are just how Oda interprets this since so we can “see” what they sense.

(???) The Voice of All Things: I believe this is an ability that very very few people possess that allows them to communicate with another’s spirit. Probably non-vocally. At least on the users side. I believe this is what Roger could do, and Luffy can do. I think Momo and Shirahoshi also have this ability but likely to a lesser degree. I think Zunisha only responded to him and not Luffy because he was the leader of the Kouzuki, and honor bound to respond.

Colour of Conquerors (Haoshoku)- Using your own spirit to overwhelm the spirit of others. I think it Aworks kinda like this. You send out a massive wave, like the ocean, and if the victims spirit isn’t strong enough it is “knocked over” by the intensity of the Haoshoku user.

Notes:
Think about the attacks where he pulls/retracts his arm into itself only to have it blast its way forward when he releases that retraction. (I have a theory about him changing directions of the attack in mid air: Either he shows incredible control with his haki to make one side of his arm more dense for a split second thus taking a little longer to stretch than the other side, pulling it in another direction, OR he releases the density entirely for a split second on the entire arm, making it move much faster for a split second and causing his arm to rebound against the air like Geppo.

Just a working theory of course, but it seems to fit!

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

1. Basic invisible armor
  4. Long range slashes
I like your breakdown of it.
Sadly 4 and 5 aren't part of armament Haki.

We've dealt with that in previous comments so I'll mist likely not be proving anything for now.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I like your breakdown of it.
Sadly 4 and 5 aren't part of armament Haki.

We've dealt with that in previous comments so I'll mist likely not be proving anything for now.
The old man specifically mentions those when explaining haki though. The sounds pretty conclusive unless the translations available are wrong. It wouldn't make sense for that skill to be part of other haki types either as far as I can tell.

AINSOOALGOWN_SAMA

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The old man specifically mentions those when explaining haki though. The sounds pretty conclusive unless the translations available are wrong. It wouldn't make sense for that skill to be part of other haki types either as far as I can tell.
The thing is the sword skill i.e making your sword obey you completely by cutting what you want it to cut and not cutting what you don't want to cut has nothing to do with Haki.

The old man mentioning the same thing as Koshiro signifies his knowledge of that sword technique. He never mentions Haki or Ryuo (in Wano terms) when explaining that sword technique (cut/not cut things with the sword).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The thing is the sword skill i.e making your sword obey you completely by cutting what you want it to cut and not cutting what you don't want to cut has nothing to do with Haki.

The old man mentioning the same thing as Koshiro signifies his knowledge of that sword technique. He never mentions Haki or Ryuo (in Wano terms) when explaining that sword technique (cut/not cut things with the sword).
That makes no sense whatsoever, at least according to the translations we have.

Those are the two available translations, barring the crunchy role ones assuming that one is out. Just look at how that goes. He talks about how one can have power flow into the blade. That power is used to make it so that the blade cuts or doesn't cut depending on what the user wants. And then he speaks about him learning goken. Why even bring up the sword thing if it doesn't relate to haki? It'd be something completely random that has brings nothing to the conversation he is having. At a minimum the translations mean to make the point that the sword thing is haki based.