Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I liked your lie in april but I would had listed had I even remembered it existed. I don't mind explaining any picks if anyone is curious.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Samurai X's anime is pretty boring afaik but I don't recall anyone speaking highly of it so I didn't list it.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I don't mind explaining any picks if anyone is curious.
No game no life and FMA? The former I'm not a fan of, but also didn't think it to be very highly rated/known overall. As for FMA, you picked the 2003 version I think? Or did you mean FMA in general?
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,151
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I liked your lie in april but I would had listed had I even remembered it existed. I don't mind explaining any picks if anyone is curious.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Samurai X's anime is pretty boring afaik but I don't recall anyone speaking highly of it so I didn't list it.
Agree Kenshin was pretty
average, ive tried to watch it but gave up, but the 4 "Trust and Betrayal" ova are amazing. and its soundtrack is pure gold ;zomg

this scene :zomg ! (its no spoiler its the 1st Ova scene)

 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
As for FMA, you picked the 2003 version I think? Or did you mean FMA in general?
he meant the old series - he was pretty specific on that point

I don't mind explaining any picks if anyone is curious.
more explanation is always a good thing (and not only as it provides a nice buffer between my posts)
 
Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,075
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
I was going to put FMA 2003 too but thought I was going to get lynched from it, glad it isn't an unpopular opinion though :blush
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I was going to put FMA 2003 too but thought I was going to get lynched from it, glad it isn't an unpopular opinion though :blush
It's in the list of 1 person, wouldn't call it not unpopular. You can still get lynched for it if you want though :yelling
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
No Game No Life has a 8.3 score in MAL and imo it's indeed undeserving.

Poopie, you didn't watch 2003 FMA @_@ only Brotherhood.

I think one of the things that compromises the anime of RK A LOT is the amount of boring fillers...
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
No game no life and FMA? The former I'm not a fan of, but also didn't think it to be very highly rated/known overall. As for FMA, you picked the 2003 version I think? Or did you mean FMA in general?
No game no life has a very high score everywhere and here it's nothing but praised. It's an anime that I watched and left me nothing, really, lol.

Same applies to Magus bride, tho that one I do like. The pace is pretty awful, and we watched the OVAs first which are the best of the series by far (imo, of course) so everything after was a disappointment.

Fma I explain later.

Naruto is because people usually say "IT'S GREAT BUT FILLERS" when from my experience it's... Pretty shit except for some very hype moments (usually involving Gaara or Kakashi). Granted, I do admit never watching it all in a sequence, more like catching random episodes on tv.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

he ment the old series - he was pretty specific on that point
Was I not specific in other points and made you work?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Agree Kenshin was pretty
average, ive tried to watch it but gave up, but the 4 "Trust and Betrayal" ova are amazing. and its soundtrack is pure gold ;zomg

this scene :zomg ! (its no spoiler its the 1st Ova scene)

Watched OVAs with Farfs and definitely enjoyed it, yeah. Tried to watch the anime and just couldn't. Even as a kid I found it boring, which is funny because SWORDS AND SHIT.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I guess many were like me and had overall different lists for manga and anime, since they don't follow the same series in both media
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
I think the soundtrack redeems Fairy Tail the anime in comparison to the manga a lot. Might make it even slightly better than the source material.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Naruto is because people usually say "IT'S GREAT BUT FILLERS" when from my experience it's... Pretty shit except for some very hype moments (usually involving Gaara or Kakashi).
Yeah, this.

Though, I chose Shippuden as people kept saying that
bullshit said:
it has less fillers and is better than the original series
...

Granted, I do admit never watching it all in a sequence, more like catching random episodes on tv.
If only it was improved by watching it in order...

Was I not specific in other points and made you work?
Nah, but let's say that few people displayed such an overt hatred for that series, as you did
:invalid
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Can‘t believe I forgot Slime. It started really good, but became really bad and disappointing.

Think me not using MAL for the lists is what confuses me about most picks, since many of you seem to have based popularity off of that, while I did a more personal approach.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@zimbardo what is „Fate“ exactly? Thought we couldn‘t list the whole series.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I think Your Name is very cute. I can get why it can be seen as underrated as it isn't the best movie ever nor anything, but it stings a bit to see it here lol.

The same can be said about Violet Evergarden tho I like it much more and I don't think it's as highly praised as the former.

Gintama, kill la kill, soma, overlord, kagetuwtv those we couldn't watch more than two episodes before giving up.

Does anyone rate Berserk animated?

@Erinyes from reading its anime thread I understand where you come from when you voted for tpn, but as someone that hadn't read anything I really enjoyed it.

On a less mature note, you all can suck my all might for dissing on heroaca, thx.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'd argue that up until Slime gets a "body" it's alright (still overrated, but not bad). After that it just drags on forever.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what is „Fate“ exactly? Thought we couldn‘t list the whole series.
Nah, I said we could - except for a few minor exceptions (such as Naruto/Shippuden) - as it's just far easier that way

For Fate - I've only seen a bit of Fate/stay night (and know it not to be my thing) - I dunno how related it is to Fate/Zero (which Juviii chose), as I had absolutely no intention to continue to force myself to watch that series...
 
Last edited:
Top