Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,778
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Nah, I said we could - except for a few minor exceptions (such as Naruto/Shippuden) - as it's just far easier that way

For Fate - I've only seen a bit of Fate/stay night (and know it not to be my thing) - I dunno how related it is to Fate/Zero (which Juviii chose), as I had absolutely no intention to continue to force myself to watch that series...
Honestly I think all Fate series are overrated. I chose Zero because it's the most hyped one. Still better than Stay Night but doesn't deserve all the praise.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Last few tonight - then the chaff is all cleared and [tomorrow] we can leap right into the top 10 12!


16 points


The Rising of the Shield Hero
Farfalla (8) + Ustegius (8)
I do hope this is what you both wanted - it was the closest I could find to either of your nominations


17 points


Cowboy Bebop
GrySun (9) + shinobi (8)


Dragon Ball Z
FaustXIII (7) + Organizized (9) + zimbardo (1)


Re:Zero
Brandish (3) + Erinyes (9) + revo (5)


18 points


Nanatsu no Taizai
Erinyes (6) + Farfalla (7) + Gajeel (5)​
 
Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
@zimbardo, are you, by any chance, perhaps hungry? Maybe you should make sandwich or something?
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Zimbardo, are you, by any chance, perhaps hungry? Maybe you should make sandwich or something?
It doesn't matter how much I eat - the Christmas period is a time for unhealthy preparation for the year ahead

 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Oh boy, I still have 6 noms left. Meaning every second anime in the top 12 is one of my picks.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh boy this is gonna hurt...
The only thing that hurts is that I forgot to put one of the top ones on my list (I really should've - I have no idea how it is so beloved, outside of its obvious historical significance)
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh boy, I still have 6 noms left. Meaning every second anime in the top 12 is one of my picks.
And even then, you only have the 3rd highest average score (and are the 4th in terms of average rank of nominations)
:invalid
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Hey, everyone's free to have his opinion. I really like the franchise, but I can see why someone would think it's overrated. If Juvii feels that way, it's totally cool with me : D
But of course you're ''cool'' with that.


...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Now I'm eager to see Gry's #1, was sure it would be Bebop.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
The only thing that hurts is that I forgot to put one of the top ones on my list (I really should've - I have no idea how it is so beloved, outside of its obvious historical significance)
Now I'm curious
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now I'm eager to see Gry's #1, was sure it would be Bebop.
Maybe it's my darling one and he's shooting daggers at us for JoJo c.c
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Now I'm eager to see Gry's #1, was sure it would be Bebop.
I did my list based on my thoughts on how popular it is, divided by how good I think it is. Of course only things I‘ve seen myself.

Bebop is certainly way too overrated considering it‘s rather mediocre. But there is one thing I watched that is really bad and terrible, making it the highest disparity in quality and popularity for me.

I‘m certainly glad that at least one other person agrees.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,151
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
I think Your Name is very cute. I can get why it can be seen as underrated as it isn't the best movie ever nor anything, but it stings a bit to see it here lol.

The same can be said about Violet Evergarden tho I like it much more and I don't think it's as highly praised as the former.

Gintama, kill la kill, soma, overlord, kagetuwtv those we couldn't watch more than two episodes before giving up.

Does anyone rate Berserk animated?

@Erinyes from reading its anime thread I understand where you come from when you voted for tpn, but as someone that hadn't read anything I really enjoyed it.

On a less mature note, you all can suck my all might for dissing on heroaca, thx.
Oh yes if you havent read the manga you ll probably find the anime great, but when you had read it especially this part ft GF evasion which was awesome, you ll find its adaptation underwhelming, not that its bad per se, but it lacks a lot of things like characters thoughts thats why i feel the anime was overrated. same for Erased (actually erased was worst coz the ending was total filler an they just ignore some of the best parts of the manga regarding the teacher past).

Totally forget about Violet evergarden and Clannad, those two are great picks.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
I would have given Demon Slayer a higher ranking, if I'd submitted my list after it winning Crunchyrolls Anime of the Decade -vote.
 
Top