Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 278 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro the endurance king...unless he gets stabbed once and gets knocked out for multiple hours...lol

One of the more consistent aspects of Zoro is he gets knocked out a lot. Buggy did it. Mihawk did it (no shame). Mr 1 did it (Zoro won, but the fight knocked him out after). Enel did it. Killer did it. Durability is too random, i don't get why people want to hold it up as his thing.

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
No one but Luffy was able to cope with the thunder attacks, but Sanji and Usopp were able to get up when Enel was fighting and make a difference. Nameless or not, lightning is still not a fun thing to get hit by. Bringing up "nameless attack" is also a dumb point if it looks like the same attack with little to no difference, unless you can somehow prove it's different/weaker. Sanji was still able to get up in time for the celebrations despite being hit with lightning twice.

I still don't see how not naming his attacks mean he didn't put in max power. True, Zoro did, but he still didn't join the fight when he got back up like Sanji and Usopp did.

He has feats, and Oda has shown us. I can't help it if you continue to ignore it, that's your problem, not mine.
So Sanji and Usopp being Ko'd for the arc is coping better than others for you?
Did you forget that per discharge God Enel stated how much power he was using?
The manga showed you how much power he was using per attack i just dont get why you are refusing to accept this, or do you also think gomu Gomu no Bullet is equal in power to King Kong Gun?

Named attacks are more powerfull than no name casual attacks, One Piece is still shounen.

He has feats and his feats are very impressive, i just dont get why you are trying to say he has feats he hasnt show, your delusion and bais is cheapening his feats.
Your headcanon doesnt trump facts you know!

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
It's like your intentionally missing the point of @M3J posts.
What point is that?
Is it the point where he says Sanji has feats he doesnt?
or Enel's attacks are all equally powerful?
or Sanji dealt better with being electrocuted than Usopp, Zoro and Robin?

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
No, I know Enel had to do a sneak attack on them and take them out. EVen after the damage Sanji and Usopp took, they were able to get in Enel's way and make it harder for him to carry out his plan.

It doesn't even matter whether they're named or not, they're still potent attacks. He took two of them, which Zoro and others didn't. Sanji has feats there, no matter how much you try to ignore it or rewrite the arc as you wish it was written.
Plenty of characters were hit by Enel attacks but survived

I'm not saying Sanji has zero durability, but he isn't anything special

As a way of putting it:

Regular person:
- Level: 10
- Hit points: 10

Sanji
- Level: 100
- Hit points: 100

Zoro
- Hit points: 500

If this makes any sense

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
So Sanji and Usopp being Ko'd for the arc is coping better than others for you?
Did you forget that per discharge God Enel stated how much power he was using?
The manga showed you how much power he was using per attack i just dont get why you are refusing to accept this, or do you also think gomu Gomu no Bullet is equal in power to King Kong Gun?

Named attacks are more powerfull than no name casual attacks, One Piece is still shounen.

He has feats and his feats are very impressive, i just dont get why you are trying to say he has feats he hasnt show, your delusion and bais is cheapening his feats.
Your headcanon doesnt trump facts you know!
Show me where I said that. All I said was that they got up, saved Nami, and threw a wrench in Enel's plan even if temporarily.
Can you prove that he wasn't using his strongest lightning attack when he didn't name it? You're just imagining that nameless attacks are his weakest attacks. You can't even provide proof.

Not really. If Luffy uses King Kong Gun and doesn't say its name, does that mean it's equal to Bullet in power?

Because you're way too blind and biased and are taking away his feats or refusing to recognize his feats and projecting onto me.

Shasha usually does that with almost everyone.
Plenty of characters were hit by Enel attacks but survived

I'm not saying Sanji has zero durability, but he isn't anything special

As a way of putting it:

Regular person:
- Level: 10
- Hit points: 10

Sanji
- Hit points: 100

Zoro
- Hit points: 500

If this makes any sense
Sanji's hit points would be more within the range of Zoro, between 480-500. The debate isn't about being able to survive his attacks because anyone hit would likely survive, truth be told. It's not an accomplishment, but as Shasha reminded me, Zoro ONLY getting knocked out by one out of three lightning strikes he was hit with (the second one) is an actual accomplishment.

Personally, I'd give Luffy at least 600 hit points, but at all times higher than Zoro and Sanji. But truth be told, I don't know what their limits were or are as they usually seem to faint ONLY when it's safe for them to do so, Lucci being the only exception. Despite being poisoned, Luffy was still able to stay conscious long enough to save Robin and Cobra from being buried, for example. Zoro was also fighting his opponents even through injury and didn't nap or relax until he knew his opponent was down, and Sanji's been the same.

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
AND here we are again, didn't last more than a week to come back to the old Zolo vs. Sanji. On one side of the ring we have Moe and on the other side Nik, who will win this fight? Stay tuned in for the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Remember how we were talking our Supernova Rankings? Anyone remember pages it continued on?

1. Luffy
2. Kidd
3. Law
4. Sanji
5. Apoo
6. Urouge
7. Drake
8. Hawkins
9. Killer
10. Zoro
11. Bege
12. Bonney

I made this all for pure fun, but now looking at it, my list might be more canon than I realize especially this chapter as Apoo now have move his way up a lot if he did that to Luffy and Zoro with ease.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Remember how we were talking our Supernova Rankings? Anyone remember pages it continued on?

1. Luffy
2. Kidd
3. Law
4. Sanji
5. Apoo
6. Urouge
7. Drake
8. Hawkins
9. Killer
10. Zoro
11. Bege
12. Bonney

I made this all for pure fun, but now looking at it, my list might be more canon than I realize especially this chapter as Apoo now have move his way up a lot if he did that to Luffy and Zoro with ease.

Sanji isn't a SN lol

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thing is, MJ3 also missed the point and thought Sanji only got knocked out briefly when he tried to save Nami, but he was actually knocked out for a large portion of the arc.

Wether attacks are named or not doesn't matter, but it is a fact that Sanji was knocked out for a much longer time than either Zoro or Robin for that matter, and that was what the initial dispute was about.

But let really stop with this accusations of "lies", "delusion", "unable to properly read", "making up facts"

I honestly start to think that a short while ago, everyone just channeled their bad vibes at HP, and now that he is gone those go wild and at everyone.

Might also be due to the quarantines but the mood here has gotten a lot worse and the tone is full of passive aggression.

This is such a great community, let's not damage it.

Shasha23

Banned
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Thing is, MJ3 also missed the point and thought Sanji only got knocked out briefly when he tried to save Nami, but he was actually knocked out for a large portion of the arc.

Wether attacks are named or not doesn't matter, but it is a fact that Sanji was knocked out for a much longer time than either Zoro or Robin for that matter, and that was what the initial dispute was about.
And since he (@M3J) saw he is wrong he wont admit it and move on but he is now going ON and ON with headcanons and trying to pass it as facts.

Enel's attacks are not equally powerful, Enel named his attacks by the amount of power he was discharging, it went from 1mil-200mil Volt Bari, from this very fact its obvious that if he didnt attack using "hyakuman" to KO Sanji and Usopp it means the attack was less than a million volts, and this is the attack he used to knock out Sanji and Usopp for the whole day, while Zoro and Viper on the other hand were able to tank Sansenman Boruto hino which is a 30mil volt attack with Sanji after saving Nami tanking an attack equally strong and saying "thanks for the light" and this attack KO'd him for the rest of the arc while Zoro and Viber where not affected by the attack.

So yes the attack name matters, the name indicates how much power he was using per attack, since hyakuman volt bari is no where close to having the same power as Makkusu Oku volt even the depiction of the 2 attack is vastly different, hyakuman couldn't do shit to the ground while oku could destroy steel and and obliterate the surrounding environment.

Last edited:

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Apoo just temporarily knocked out luffy in two hits
Katakuri could not manage to do that even after several hours
Wano is a trainwreck of power level consistency

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanji isn't a SN lol
Given he fighting better than Zoro to Supernovas as well how they treat him as more of a threat, he is on that level.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

this already explains the credibility of Moe's SN ranking list
And yet Apoo make a joke out of Zoro who you said wmwould be fodderize, but instead Zoro gets it. This is 3rd Supernova he faced that left him bloody. He isn't up therevat all among the top ones.

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Not really. His methods are different than blunt force only and plus Luffy got right back up easily. Though Zoro got worst of it as much. To get on your knees from a another slash wound. Not holding my breath him fighting someone stronger than Apoo and tanking damage. He get destroyed especially COO still hasn't progress at all.

Mwhitt

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What does Katakuri fight have to do with the situation and Apoo's attack power? Its really not take in the context of the situation this wasn't Apoo vs Luffy. Luffy is an idiot he jumped in the middle of an army and started throwing punches. A worst gen supernova who you should see as decently powerful (as Oda has been saying since their introduction hey these guys are strong) jumps out attacks Luffy. You know what a supernova is, the worst generation iteration have been especially troublesome and seen as the creme of the crop with the future leader of piracy speculated to hail from its ranks according to Shakky. If people haven't head cannon'ed them as super inferior then what Apoo did shouldn't be shocking. Luffy is fine the scene was to highlight Apoo's attack power as strong which he should have been speculated to be the entire time. A supernova showing he is strong doesn't make the manga inconsistent it just shows the people surprised disregarded them from their own speculation.

Drake is a top fighter of a yonko's crew, Urouge has defeated a commander of a yonko crew, Law was a feared shichibukai, Kidd is being built to be Luffy's primary rival, the same attack that Apoo hit Luffy with was the same attack that cut Kizaru and put his top half on the groud, Bege was hit by Big Mom and wasn't ko'ed. Drake should be damn strong and Kidd "should" be pivotal in the defeat of Kaido. Supernova are strong

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can you imbue airwaves with Haki?

Probably with advanced CoA... Apoo has the potential to be nearly as hax as Law

Last edited:

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can you imbue airwaves with Haki?

Probably with advanced CoA... Apoo has thr potential to be nearly as hax as Law
Pretty sure you do or even Haki any stage work since he hurt Luffy who is essential rubber and yet he felt the damage. So pretty sure heavily shown Apoo has Haki on him by now.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
If Apoo's hax can do this to Luffy, imagine what Law can do. :feelsgoodman

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
What does Katakuri fight have to do with the situation and Apoo's attack power? Its really not take in the context of the situation this wasn't Apoo vs Luffy. Luffy is an idiot he jumped in the middle of an army and started throwing punches. A worst gen supernova who you should see as decently powerful (as Oda has been saying since their introduction hey these guys are strong) jumps out attacks Luffy. You know what a supernova is, the worst generation iteration have been especially troublesome and seen as the creme of the crop with the future leader of piracy speculated to hail from its ranks according to Shakky. If people haven't head cannon'ed them as super inferior then what Apoo did shouldn't be shocking. Luffy is fine the scene was to highlight Apoo's attack power as strong which he should have been speculated to be the entire time. A supernova showing he is strong doesn't make the manga inconsistent it just shows the people surprised disregarded them from their own speculation.

Drake is a top fighter of a yonko's crew, Urouge has defeated a commander of a yonko crew, Law was a feared shichibukai, Kidd is being built to be Luffy's primary rival, the same attack that Apoo hit Luffy with was the same attack that cut Kizaru and put his top half on the groud, Bege was hit by Big Mom and wasn't ko'ed. Drake should be damn strong and Kidd "should" be pivotal in the defeat of Kaido. Supernova are strong
i just hate how oda makes luffy (SPOILER ALERT) job hard to apoo here even tho luffy is supposed to be YC1. Apoo is not fodder but luffy should have performed better against his attacks (and so does zoro). There seemed to be a trend for supernova to perform much better against SHP though lol

And yet Apoo make a joke out of Zoro who you said wmwould be fodderize, but instead Zoro gets it. This is 3rd Supernova he faced that left him bloody. He isn't up therevat all among the top ones.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
how does that relate to what I said? The list is invalid coz sanji is never a supernova. He should not be in the list. Try to not make this to zoro hate topics as you often do.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release. Can you all go back and edit your posts please. I don't want to have to delete your discussions, Brandish already left a similar post just yesterday.