American Politics | Page 406 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I know quite a few people who got the vaccine, was around people/family with covid, and didn't catch covid. I wish people understood how vaccines work, especially full-grown adults who can use Google.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I know quite a few people who got the vaccine, was around people/family with covid, and didn't catch covid. I wish people understood how vaccines work, especially full-grown adults who can use Google.

Gardisil HPV vaccine

"The benefit to public health is nothing, there is no reduction in cervical cancers, they are just postponed, unless the protection lasts for at least 15 years, and over 70% of all sexually active females of all ages are vaccinated." She also says that enough serious side effects have been reported after Gardasil use that the vaccine could prove riskier than the cervical cancer it purports to prevent.

Like they say: history repeats itself?

edit

There is also that for anyone interested in a broader criticism of the US medical process.

Last edited:

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I get my first moderna shot tomorrow. They're giving it out at my job. Coulda waited later to get it done at the pharmacy but I'm sure there'll be tons more people there and thus make it take much longer to get.
i spoke to the people there and they were saying they would encourage everyone to get and get one as soon as possible. The idea is to get herd immunity specially with those who travel, so getting it now is a good thing.

My mom and I did, mine a day earlier. Took me about 30 minutes, 5-10 if you're talking about waiting in line to right after the shot. No line and we were moving quickly, took my mom a bit longer.
That's impressive, is this in illinois area? We had a mandatory 15 minute observation after the vaccine, which was a good thing too, as an immediate effect can be monitored.
My stance on COVID vaccines is.

I would rather be kicked in the balls(by an unathletic woman), than take an untested vaccine that only lasts 6 months. Intended to immunize against an illness that is dangerous to less than 0.3% of the population.

The cure is worse than the disease.

:invalid

Evidence?
suit yourself. Cant save everyone.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gardisil HPV vaccine

"The benefit to public health is nothing, there is no reduction in cervical cancers, they are just postponed, unless the protection lasts for at least 15 years, and over 70% of all sexually active females of all ages are vaccinated." She also says that enough serious side effects have been reported after Gardasil use that the vaccine could prove riskier than the cervical cancer it purports to prevent.
How does this apply to covid vaccines? Pfizer, moderna and even Johnson and Johson have a much higher success rate (90%+ and 77% ).... Adn this is much higher than a flu shot, which is estimated around 50%.

Are you applying a logic of one vaccine to another? Adn why?

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well they recalled the shots and canceled the appointment for today so I didn't get my shot :l

Will have to find somewhere else to get one.

Sanity_Check said:

I would rather be kicked in the balls(by an unathletic woman), than take an untested vaccine that only lasts 6 months. Intended to immunize against an illness that is dangerous to less than 0.3% of the population.

Evidence?
If I believed in God, I'd be convinced Covid was an evolutionary tool used by him to clean out the gene pool of people that lack empathy for their fellow man. Responses like this is the reason why.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I believed in God, I'd be convinced Covid was an evolutionary tool used by him to clean out the gene pool of people that lack empathy for their fellow man. Responses like this is the reason why.
contender for the best line ever lol....

i dont get the correlation between religion and anti-vaccination either. even if i was religious, it'll make no sense. it doesnt go against the faith of any as far as i know.

Judging from your posts, you are lying and don't follow any left wing, or you have bad comprehension skills. Majority of the right wing I've seen talk about the left have been so wrong it was embarrassing.

Funnily, I've looked at both sides and often saw the right lie or misinform more than I have the left.
there are quite a few journalist and statisticians on the right who make fair points with factual data. The funny thing is that these people are not even covered by Fox and other so called conservative media as they debunk them often, and most of them moved away from republican party as well, after Trump won.
Their reasons being trump wasn't a conservative...

So following both sides on a single issue i think is important. For instance, climate change. The critics on the right are approaching the issue from a practically and cost perspective, instead of debunking it as a real thing... i dont recollect names but if i encounter them, i'll share it here.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
hokageji said:

i dont get the correlation between religion and anti-vaccination either. even if i was religious, it'll make no sense. it doesnt go against the faith of any as far as i know.
In America it's because conservatives are particularly anti-government (when it serves them at least), so anything the government tells them is something they should or have to do it's viewed as some sort of attempt at gaining power over them or taking rights from them. And Christian Nationalism is making an unfortunate rise right now.

There are also Christians that are against vaccination because it implies a lack of faith in their God. Children have died because their parents swore off modern medicine for this reason. And Jehova's Witnesses may or may not be anti vax, but I know they won't allow blood transfusions...

In some places there are vaccines that have ingredients that are considered non-halal (made with pig products) so like, in Indonesia where there are a lot of Muslims, they swore off certain vaccines.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

What about the "cure" is worse than the disease?

Protection from immunological memory seems to last AT LEAST 8 months. And that number has increased as time has gone on and could be years even.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Gardisil HPV vaccine

Like they say: history repeats itself?

edit

There is also that for anyone interested in a broader criticism of the US medical process.
I don't think vaccine can prevent cervical cancer though?

But this is unrelated to most vaccines.
That's impressive, is this in illinois area? We had a mandatory 15 minute observation after the vaccine, which was a good thing too, as an immediate effect can be monitored.
no, in NJ. I didn't even factor in the 15-minute wait time, I think, otherwise it'd have been 30 an hour at most. For me it's not a big deal to leave after 15 minutes or even 10, but we should have stayed 30 for my mom and will do so next time.
Well they recalled the shots and canceled the appointment for today so I didn't get my shot :l
I read how birth control has a higher rate/chances of blood clot than Johnson and Johnson, and how suspicious it is that they decided to recall J&J despite very low risk while doing nothing about birth control, which is more dangerous. That shit is scary, and it shows just how much the world hates women.

there are quite a few journalist and statisticians on the right who make fair points with factual data. The funny thing is that these people are not even covered by Fox and other so called conservative media as they debunk them often, and most of them moved away from republican party as well, after Trump won.
Their reasons being trump wasn't a conservative...

So following both sides on a single issue i think is important. For instance, climate change. The critics on the right are approaching the issue from a practically and cost perspective, instead of debunking it as a real thing... i dont recollect names but if i encounter them, i'll share it here.
I've yet to see any of those journalists and statisticians though, which is probably not a good thing for conservatives. It's a shame how republicans are destroying themselves and yet, creating even stronger support by doing so.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
no, in NJ. I didn't even factor in the 15-minute wait time, I think, otherwise it'd have been 30 an hour at most. For me it's not a big deal to leave after 15 minutes or even 10, but we should have stayed 30 for my mom and will do so next time.
That is still pretty impressive. Here, the 15 minute was mandatory and we stayed till they asked us to leave...
I've yet to see any of those journalists and statisticians though, which is probably not a good thing for conservatives. It's a shame how republicans are destroying themselves and yet, creating even stronger support by doing so.
Unfortunately, most of their voter base doesn't care about real conservatism either. They are more concerned about Trumpist agendas.... But its good to see both sides of the argument, albeit the source is important.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Covid and the flu persist in nature due to cats, dogs, birds, rats and other mammals carrying it.

The infection is transmitted from people to animals. And vice versa.

It doesn't persist due to people refusing to be vaccinated btw.

And so I have no idea why you'd equate my response with anything like what you inaccurately frame it to be.

:toc

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity_Check said:
Covid and the flu persist in nature due to cats, dogs, birds, rats and other mammals carrying it.

The infection is transmitted from people to animals. And vice versa.

It doesn't persist due to people refusing to be vaccinated.
It is confirmed to reduce risk of receiving the virus.

No one claimed it was a panacea.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It is confirmed to reduce risk of receiving the virus.

No one claimed it was a panacea.

Well, you know I support mask mandates as the science supports it.

I cannot do the same with vaccines however. I think they're too untested. There is not enough data to draw hard conclusions yet. Just my opinion.

I am a fan of vaccine technology btw. Check above thread for more info.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity_Check said:
Well, you know I support mask mandates as the science supports it.
Science supports vaccines as well.

I cannot do the same with vaccines however. I think they're too untested. There is not enough data to draw hard conclusions yet. Just my opinion.
We gain our better understanding on how it effects the society at large the more people take these vaccines because we get a larger install base of different races, body types, and the like. And normally vaccines take about 5 years to "perfect" anyway, but the virus isn't waiting for us. Wait if you want to, but don't think you're not complicit in the virus sticking around. The less people that carry it means potentially less people can get it.

For the record, this is why leftists boil down conservative belief to "Fuck you, got mine." Because WE are getting the vaccine to save other people, even though we know it could have side effects that put us in danger, but YOU won't get it because of the danger to yourself, DESPITE the help it could cause for society at large.

Forgive the virtue signaling, but this is exactly what it seems like you're saying. Feel free to correct me if I'm jumping to conclusions (which could be the case).

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
That is still pretty impressive. Here, the 15 minute was mandatory and we stayed till they asked us to leave...

Unfortunately, most of their voter base doesn't care about real conservatism either. They are more concerned about Trumpist agendas.... But its good to see both sides of the argument, albeit the source is important.
I'm not sure if it was, they didn't tell me it was, just that we were to wait. We were allowed to leave on our own, I guess they were hoping we'd comply just to be on the safe side.

I'm not sure if it's really Trumpist agendas as much as it is bigoted and white supremacist agendas. Trump just normalized that but he wasn't the first or the big one to do it. It's bad form that he gets blamed for everything when he should be blamed for continuing it and making it worse.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
For the record, this is why leftists boil down conservative belief to "Fuck you, got mine." Because WE are getting the vaccine to save other people, even though we know it could have side effects that put us in danger, but YOU won't get it because of the danger to yourself, DESPITE the help it could cause for society at large.
It's the church of individualism. Any sort of collectivism, even in the face of terrible circumstances, is communist and evil. Because we're just all sheeple being manipulated by the billionaire class... who are enabled and empowered by right-wing economic policy. Makes sense, right?

I don't think vaccine can prevent cervical cancer though?
It's an HPV vaccine, and HPV can cause cervical cancer.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
We gain our better understanding on how it effects the society at large the more people take these vaccines because we get a larger install base of different races, body types, and the like. And normally vaccines take about 5 years to "perfect" anyway, but the virus isn't waiting for us. Wait if you want to, but don't think you're not complicit in the virus sticking around. The less people that carry it means potentially less people can get it.

Forgive the virtue signaling, but this is exactly what it seems like you're saying. Feel free to correct me if I'm jumping to conclusions (which could be the case).

Bill Gates is the biggest philanthropic spokesman and supporter of vaccines globally. For many years Bill Gates travelled the world giving speeches, endorsing vaccines and encouraging the technology

When COVID 1st emerged Bill Gates was the leading figurehead and authority figure for vaccines to address the dangers posed by the pandemic.

For whatever reason, Bill Gates completely disappeared. The media hasn't mentioned any connection between Bill Gates and COVID vaccines in 6+ months.

Maybe someone realized the COVID vaccine rollout wasn't going to go smoothly. They needed someone (derp) to become the new figurehead for COVID vaccines and take all the blame for anything that went wrong.

And perhaps they found willing candidates in the Trump family.

BTW when you say "the more people that carry the vaccine, the less people can get it".

What you're really saying is, the vaccine doesn't immunize against every single strain of the pandemic. Its like the flu shot.

There are so many different strains of the flu that a vaccine could not hope to immunize a person against all of them.

So it is possible by that admission alone that the technology behind the COVID vaccine is fundamentally flawed and does not work. Is it fair if I say that?

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity_Check said:
BTW when you say "the more people that carry the vaccine, the less people can get it".

What you're really saying is, the vaccine doesn't immunize against every single strain of the pandemic. Its like the flu shot.
Yeah, I already admitted it's not a panacea. It's not a cure-all.

There are so many different strains of the flu that a vaccine could not hope to immunize a person against all of them.
Not all of them, no.

So it is possible by that admission alone that the technology behind the COVID vaccine is fundamentally flawed and does not work. Is it fair if I say that?
Flawed, yes. Doesn't work? No, because millions are being helped by the vaccines already. But that's not my argument. My argument is that given the opportunity to help society by taking the vaccine, you chose not to to protect yourself.

Which is your right of course... but scientific consensus should be reason enough to assuage your fears. It's enough to assuage mine. That, combined with empathy for the people around me that I can potentially protect. That's not enough for you? So be it.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah, I already admitted it's not a panacea. It's not a cure-all.

Not all of them, no.

Flawed, yes. Doesn't work? No, because millions are being helped by the vaccines already. But that's not my argument. My argument is that given the opportunity to help society by taking the vaccine, you chose not to to protect yourself.

Which is your right of course... but scientific consensus should be reason enough to assuage your fears. It's enough to assuage mine. That, combined with empathy for the people around me that I can potentially protect. That's not enough for you? So be it.

Blind faith in vaccines, is as bad if not worse than blind faith in religion.

There were more effective and better proposals put on the table than vaccines or herd immunity, which were not pursued.

If I can find links I'll post the info up later.

My stance on this is the best science to deal with the pandemic was left in a corner gathering dust.

The only measures approved for public use, is the same flawed technology that has already been proven not to work with the flu shot.

The vaccine rollout is intended to suit political agendas rather than scientific or medical ones.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
When COVID 1st emerged Bill Gates was the leading figurehead and authority figure for vaccines to address the dangers posed by the pandemic.

For whatever reason, Bill Gates completely disappeared. The media hasn't mentioned any connection between Bill Gates and COVID vaccines in 6+ months.
Thats because bill gates helped with the logistical issues that can occur with it. He's not an expert on the vaccine itself. Sure, his team helped with the malaria, but that the challenge was more of how to get things in place.

Fauci is the guy. Even George Bush Sr, in his presidential candidacy had spoken volumes of him as an american hero. His expertise is what matters.

you can put your faith in medical professionals. They know what they are doing. If you purchase a homeopathic vaccine, then sure, its not gonna work. But a vaccine rolled out to an entire nation by the government and handled by professionals, definitely.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity_Check said:
No it isn't. But even if it was, no one here has blind faith in vaccines. I've consistently admitted to you that it's not considered to be a cure-all.

There were more effective and better proposals put on the table than vaccines or herd immunity, which were not pursued.
If I can find links I'll post later.[/quote]

Be sure to post WHY they weren't chosen as well, not just that they weren't chosen.

My stance on this is the best science to deal with the pandemic was left in a corner gathering dust.

And the only thing approved for public use, is the same flawed technology that has already been proven not to work with the flu, etc.
Whatever.