American Politics | Page 439 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Would you be ok with christian priests visiting elementary school classrooms & telling children Jesus is real?

I wouldn't be ok with that. I would oppose it. I don't agree with those political agendas being forced on children, when they're too young to understand them.
It's unconstitutional, so no, I wouldn't. Why do you think having priests visiting public schools is analogous to someone who's LGBTQ visiting it?

I don't see these issues as being political or a matter or religion. Does society collapse if someone learns at an earlier age that it's okay to accept themselves? Why do you treat that as an "agenda"?

History is being revised and altered all the time. It helps to have physical monuments which aren't as easy to erase.
What is being upheld by those physical monuments being there?

Why do you think history is being "revised"? To erase the truth? Is it absurd to you to consider that it might actually be the opposite?

If we lack sufficient jobs for those currently in the country. How are we supposed to support millions of illegal immigrants moving in? Isn't it inevitable and obvious that it will result in a crisis?
We don't lack sufficient jobs, we lack sufficient pay and benefits.

Why do you think their mindset is more acceptable than citizens who criticize the government? Why do you think it's alright to treat their plight like a political football?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Just look at the conditions the pandemic created. Why were some people unwilling to return to work despite the risks? Of course some demonize them or call them "lazy", but that's just billionaire-talk. If workers do not own or have a stake in the work they do, how can they be incentivized to work? You pay them what their labor is actually worth, or at least closer to it.

And if a system can not sustain that change because it'd cut into an executives bonus? Why should that system be upheld?

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It's unconstitutional, so no, I wouldn't. Why do you think having priests visiting public schools is analogous to someone who's LGBTQ visiting it?

I don't see these issues as being political or a matter or religion. Does society collapse if someone learns at an earlier age that it's okay to accept themselves? Why do you treat that as an "agenda"?
A priest visiting schools would be a push for right wing conservative politics.

LGBTs visiting schools today are a push for left wing secularist politics.

Both should be considered unconstitutional, as the state is not supposed to endorse christianity or secularism.

What is being upheld by those physical monuments being there?

Why do you think history is being "revised"? To erase the truth? Is it absurd to you to consider that it might actually be the opposite?
If you don't think history is being revised, you haven't been paying attention.

Its that simple. Even internet archive sites are being scrubbed.

We don't lack sufficient jobs, we lack sufficient pay and benefits.

Why do you think their mindset is more acceptable than citizens who criticize the government? Why do you think it's alright to treat their plight like a political football?
....... You do know that the "unemployment rate" touted* by economists and finance is not the true unemployment rate?

Think about arguing we have enough jobs for illegals, in an era where automation of jobs is such a big concern. Sources like CBS have published articles claiming as much as 50% of existing jobs could be vulnerable to automation. And people think bringing millions of illegal immigrants into the country, is a good idea?

To solve problems, people have to look at basic details like logistics. Do you agree that math and science matter as far as illegal immigration go. Do you agree that people must make responsible decisions for their future.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
A priest visiting schools would be a push for right wing conservative politics.

LGBTs visiting schools today are a push for left wing secularist politics.

Both should be considered unconstitutional, as the state is not supposed to endorse christianity or secularism.
Secularism isn't a religion, so why would it be considered unconstitutional? This implies LGBT is incongruous with religion?

If you don't think history is being revised, you haven't been paying attention.

Its that simple. Even internet archive sites are being scrubbed.
Where are the examples? Is this some sort of 1776 Project endorsement or something?

....... You do know that the "unemployment rate" touted* by economists and finance is not the true unemployment rate?

Think about arguing we have enough jobs for illegals, in an era where automation of jobs is such a big concern. Sources like CBS have published articles claiming as much as 50% of existing jobs could be vulnerable to automation. And people think bringing millions of illegal immigrants into the country, is a good idea?

To solve problems, people have to look at basic details like logistics. Do you agree that math and science matter as far as illegal immigration go. Do you agree that people must make responsible decisions for their future.
I didn't say we have enough jobs for unlimited immigrants, I said the issue is not there being not enough jobs. Illegals are doing jobs that people are unwilling to do because they're necessary, back-breaking, and pay nothing. I never once said the solution is bringing in millions of illegals and that it is a good idea, but humanitarian crisis exist regardless of that. Why do you think their home countries are in such an unfortunate state that they feel like they have to come here to feed their families? Does the US have no part to play in that at all? Do we exist on this continent in a vacuum? With absolutely no geopolitical impact at all?

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Secularism isn't a religion, so why would it be considered unconstitutional? This implies LGBT is incongruous with religion?
The state endorsing political ideology like secularism is unconstitutional.

Would you say the following quotation implies LGBT is incongruous with religion? :invalid

No they don't, and it wouldn't be necessary in the first place if LGBT+ communities weren't discriminated against, assaulted, and be made to feel inferior or less human. If you have an issue with people caring about LGBT+ communities, then that says a lot about you and your bigotry.

Where are the examples? Is this some sort of 1776 Project endorsement or something?
There are many links in my bookmarks that were deleted. 404 page not found. I tried to find the content on internet archives, only to find that data had been purged as well.

Its been that way for many years now. There are many keyword search terms that used to link to content that were purged. There are many pages on wikipedia that were revised or purged.

I could give you examples but if you're really curious about it, its better that you look into it for yourself.

I didn't say we have enough jobs for unlimited immigrants, I said the issue is not there being not enough jobs. Illegals are doing jobs that people are unwilling to do because they're necessary, back-breaking, and pay nothing. I never once said the solution is bringing in millions of illegals and that it is a good idea, but humanitarian crisis exist regardless of that. Why do you think their home countries are in such an unfortunate state that they feel like they have to come here to feed their families? Does the US have no part to play in that at all? Do we exist on this continent in a vacuum? With absolutely no geopolitical impact at all?
Think about growing homeless encampments. If we can't provide those people with jobs. How do we provide jobs to millions of immigrants.

It is true, that wealthy and powerful nations sometimes contribute to deteriorating conditions abroad under imperialism.

But the main cause of it, is lack of reliable information and education, which allows people to be fooled into supporting things that are bad for them. In some middle eastern regions, levels of information are so bad. People tell suicide bombers, if they strap a bomb to their chest and truly believe in Allah, they won't die. And they believe it. Once things reach rock bottom, to a point where people believe anything and everything they're told. No matter how insane or irrational. Its game over.

People must collectively retain some semblance of common sense, to have a hope of things not spiraling into an abyss where no one wants to live.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
They're not forcing politics or anything on children, not the way republicans were with shit like going to schools and talking about abortion. You can say whatever you want, but it is discrimination and bigotry, there's no reason to not have LGBT+ issues brought up and discussed so kids are more accepting of them.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The state endorsing political ideology like secularism is unconstitutional.

Would you say the following quotation implies LGBT is incongruous with religion? :invalid
How can the constitution itself be unconstitutional? The US is constitutionally secular and always has been. Even the most conservative interpretations can't avoid that truth.

Even if I could make sense of the relevance of that statement, it isn't by you so I'm not really following. All I was suggesting was there are plenty of LGBTQ people who are religious.

There are many links in my bookmarks that were deleted. 404 page not found. I tried to find the content on internet archives, only to find that data had been purged as well.

Its been that way for many years now. There are many keyword search terms that used to link to content that were purged. There are many pages on wikipedia that were revised or purged.

I could give you examples but if you're really curious about it, its better that you look into it for yourself.
404 = government censorship?

No, I'd like you to share something besides anecdotal evidence. The onus isn't on me to prove a statement you make.

Think about growing homeless encampments. If we can't provide those people with jobs. How do we provide jobs to millions of immigrants.

It is true, that wealthy and powerful nations sometimes contribute to deteriorating conditions abroad under imperialism.

But the main cause of it, is lack of reliable information and education, which allows people to be fooled into supporting things that are bad for them. In some middle eastern regions, levels of information are so bad. People tell suicide bombers, if they strap a bomb to their chest and truly believe in Allah, they won't die. And they believe it. Once things reach rock bottom, to a point where people believe anything and everything they're told. No matter how insane or irrational. Its game over.

People must collectively retain some semblance of common sense, to have a hope of things not spiraling into an abyss where no one wants to live.
The problems you're complaining about here are indirectly or even directly caused by the thing you insist is the solution. Who is going to provide reliable information and education? Who is budgeting for that and making it a priority?

No they don't, even the most conventionally uneducated person understands what martyrdom is.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You keep changing the subject.

Can you try to be more consistent.

What's the point in responding, if you only change the topic to something else.
That post was not even specifically directed at you. So... not really a subject change.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity Check said:
Woke politics pander to LGBT and have drag queens visit schools to give talks to children.

Who does it benefit?
The children. They're taught from a young age not to otherize members of the LGBTQ community, and that being different is okay, which results in kids being less discriminatory against said community. It also protects their own mental health once they hit puberty and realize their sexual attractions don't match what society typically tells them they're supposed to be attracted to.

Conservatives would prefer that young trans people live a life pretending to be something they're not until it makes them sick enough to commit suicide. They want little gay boys beating up other little gay boys to prevent people from recognizing that they're closeted. They want women to stay in the home barefoot and pregnant instead of girl-bossing it up with their lesbian wives.

And the phrasing of the question is is bad to begin with, because children aren't being taught politics, they're being taught empathy. The fact that you conflate empathy with leftist propaganda says a lot about why people despise conservatism so much. It's anti-American.

It's anti-people.

Edit: Also, fuck them statues. Statues don't teach history, they glorify it. And fuck glorifying racists. We have better ways to remember history that doesn't paint confederate soldiers as decent human beings.

Reactions: M3J

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Imagine going to a park and seeing a statue plaque that says something like "This statue is a reminder of a man who betrayed the United Stated of America in favor of the confederacy and was willing to give his life and that of others to preserve slavery.".

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Imagine going to a park and seeing a statue plaque that says something like "This statue is a reminder of a man who betrayed the United Stated of America in favor of the confederacy and was willing to give his life and that of others to preserve slavery.".

Wars are fought for money or political gain.

Seldom or never for ideological concerns.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Wars are fought for money or political gain.

Seldom or never for ideological concerns.
Well, sure, that's why the south betrayed the US and attempted to secede.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Well, sure, that's why the south betrayed the US and attempted to secede.

Very short list of slavery in 2021 (off the top of my head).

Cat and dog food in supermarkets can be tied to fishing industry slavery in asia.

Sea salts in supermarkets can be tied to slavery in south korea.

Clothes, hats and shoes can usually be tied to sweatshops and slavery around the world.

Ipods, ipads, iphones, smartphones, electronics are often tied to child labor, slavery and foxconn worker concentration camps in china.

Dubai was built on slave labor.

Where are the wars being fought to end these practices?

Do you even care if the goods you buy and use on a daily basis were products of slave labor?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The Civil War was fought for ideological reasons, mainly the South wanting to keep slavery and scared the North would abolish it. If it weren't for the war though, we'd still probably have slavery.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Cat and dog food in supermarkets can be tied to fishing industry slavery in asia.

Clothes, hats and shoes can usually be tied to sweatshops and slavery around the world.

Ipods, ipads, iphones, smartphones, electronics are often tied to child labor, slavery and foxconn worker concentration camps in china.

Do you even care if the goods you buy and use on a daily basis were products of slave labor?
Sure, but what does any of that have to do with the civil war fought 200 years ago at the US or the statues of traitors to the US?

I am sort of ok with sweat shops tbh (give or take some depending on context). The reality is that people who work at sweatshops aren't there instead of going to school. Take their shitty job away and they simply don't have a job, the pennies that come with them and by extension the stuff they can buy with said pennies (in most cases food). Regarding stuff, I am in no form for it but it's absurd and plain disingenuous to compare people who receive slave wages to people who didn't even receive wages. As in seriously, have a little shame at least.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

So you acknowledge that there's no such thing as fully ethical consumption? How revolutionary of you.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The Civil War was fought for ideological reasons, mainly the South wanting to keep slavery and scared the North would abolish it. If it weren't for the war though, we'd still probably have slavery.

Wars are started by the rich. And fought by the poor.

2nd invasion of iraq marketing brochure: "we must invade iraq to liberate iraqis living in poverty and give them freedom".

10+ years later, would you say war in the middle east helped the poor or rich more?

The same precedent applies also to slavery in the USA.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am sort of ok with sweat shops tbh (give or take some depending on context). The reality is that people who work at sweatshops aren't there instead of going to school. Take their shitty job away and they simply don't have a job, the pennies that come with them and by extension the stuff they can buy with said pennies (in most cases food). Regarding stuff, I am in no form for it but it's absurd and plain disingenuous to compare people who receive slave wages to people who didn't even receive wages. As in seriously, have a little shame at least.

I guess the harsh reality of it is, the majority of us don't do a good job managing our time or resources. And that's where things like sweatshops and slavery come from.

As those who do manage their time and resources are the ones with the power to decide our future.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So you acknowledge that there's no such thing as fully ethical consumption? How revolutionary of you.

In the 1980s.. many gang leaders encouraged gang members to settle disputes with break dance battles. Because "human life is valuable, we should treat others respectfully". And ideologies such as those.

Today in 2021... a gang leader is probably viewed as a mercilessly bloodthirsty sociopath who murders innocents and treats people like trash.

People have a tendency to inaccurately judge history within the context of their own era.

Just because today's production and manufacturing sectors aren't the most ethical. Doesn't imply things must always be this way, or that there isn't room for change.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Just because today's production and manufacturing sectors aren't the most ethical. Doesn't imply things must always be this way, or that there isn't room for change.
And how does that change get brought about? Deregulation? Lower taxes?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Wars are started by the rich. And fought by the poor.

2nd invasion of iraq marketing brochure: "we must invade iraq to liberate iraqis living in poverty and give them freedom".

10+ years later, would you say war in the middle east helped the poor or rich more?

The same precedent applies also to slavery in the USA.
Okay, but the Civil War was started over slavery, because the South wanted to keep slavery. Weren't the majority of Southerners who fought rich? Other than civil wars, wars are usually fought by the poor and started by those in power.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Okay, but the Civil War was started over slavery, because the South wanted to keep slavery. Weren't the majority of Southerners who fought rich? Other than civil wars, wars are usually fought by the poor and started by those in power.
Nah, the majority who fought wasn't rich. Imagine a majority of the south's (or any country's) population being rich. That's absurd. But the south did have an agriculture based economy which heavily relied on black slaves.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nah, the majority who fought wasn't rich. Imagine a majority of the south's (or any country's) population being rich. That's absurd. But the south did have an agriculture based economy which heavily relied on black slaves.
I could be wrong as media like Gone With the Wind probably showed the wealthy owners only. But it'd make sense given how much profit they could make off selling tobacco, cotton, and the likes due to the climate.