American Politics | Page 443 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity Check said:
Charlottesville is a democrat blue city.

Its not a conservative or right wing region like florida or texas.

Every torch holding "white supremacist" looked like a registered democrat to me.
The capital was blue as well. That didn't stop what happened on January 6th. It's almost as if people can travel!

Thanks for the anti freedom of speech messaging.

Are you certain you're a centrist moderate? Censorship aimed at abolishing freedom of speech leans far left.
I am a leftist. And being pro-deplatforming isn't being anti free speech. Stormfront has a right to say what they want, but they don't have a right to anyone's platform.

Zero transparency, accountability, safeguards or oversight involved with the deplatforming process.

Would appear to be a process ripe for exploitation, predation and abuse.

Agree / disagree?
I don't think it matters whether I agree or disagree. I don't get to tell someone what they're allowed to do with their platform. They can host or cancel to their heart's content. I agree that free speech is to be protected, but I also know that free speech isn't freedom from consequences of said speech, and no one owes any one else a platform.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Trump and republicans may have reversed state funding for abortion.

And funding for gender reassignment surgery being covered under obamacare and other federal spending programs.

"Reversing protections for LGBT" is a mislabeling of it.

Oh. Did you "mansplain" something at some point?

I thought you only came here to call me names.
Which harms women, and it shows they hate women and are waging war against women.

No, they did way more than that. You clearly know nothing about this.

No, I'm here to learn and have convos with others who are actually knowledgeable and worth talking to. Unfortunately, I cannot call you names as it is against the rules, and when I have tried in the past, my posts either got deleted or edited. be thankful.

Also, deplatforming is totally valid if the speaker is a bigot or will say bigoted things, especially if it puts others in danger.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No, they did way more than that. You clearly know nothing about this.

Also, deplatforming is totally valid if the speaker is a bigot or will say bigoted things, especially if it puts others in danger.

I bet I've seen and laughed at more hairy men, walking down the street wearing dresses in broad daylight, than you have. :toc That translates to more real life experience -- making me a greater authority on topics relating to LGBTs.

Flashback to 2016. You were likely upset about Trump exercising his executive powers without much authority or oversight.

Now here you are in 2021 claiming its 100% perfectly acceptable to deplatform and censor people without accountability, transparency or oversight.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
White supremacists are invisible, imaginary, unicorns in my backyard.

And you're foiling my attempts to quantify evidence for whether or not they're real.

How hard is it for the average person to recognize the woke left is the side that oppresses and restricts attempts at logic.
Suppressing any minority voice has been the trademark of humanity. There is no need for quantifiable evidence.
Playing the reductionist game and labeling anything that is challenging the thought system as "woke" is indeed an attempt at restricting logic, if that was what you tried to imply.

Your manipulative game is pretty ironic, as you keep trying to call people out for what you are doing yourself.

What do you want?

Be specific, you'll get a straight answer.
Me? Nothing. The question wasn't mine.
I merely pointed out the contradicting statements you presented to dodge the question.

Let's be real.

A safe space is not a good environment for developing science, critical thinking, logic or skepticism.

Its the opposite.

How clear this becomes over time, is entirely up to you. In terms of how much you want to try to debate with me.

:invalid
A bold invite coming from someone talking about the unicorns in his backyard.

And? Projecting onto others is not just a mere violation of safe space. You use logic and critical thinking to challenge a safe space, which you did not, when the easier way is to resort to baseless projections, right? So, I think it's about time we stop, or let's be real, you stop with this non sequitur.

Realistically speaking, I don't see a clouded angle in my perception. If this is more a case of misrepresentation, the onus is on you to correct that.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If this is more a case of misrepresentation, the onus is on you to correct that.

If someone claims white supremacists exist and are a clear and present threat to society.

The onus called a burden of proof is on them to support their perspective with evidence. Is it not?

I ask for evidence and logic to support that and you label it "playing a reductionist game" and "restricting logic".

Its difficult to say anything, if you do not practice what you preach.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The onus called a burden of proof is on them to support their perspective with evidence. Is it not?
We've had this boogeyman discussion before. You make that claim, I show clear evidence showing the opposite. You then ignore it and change the subject.

Except this time you've decided to suggest Neo-fascists and KKK members demonstrating in public are actually Democrats. So what good is "proof" if you'll still be willfully dishonest about what is shown?

And to be frank, when the hell was party affiliation even brought up in the first place? Do you think anyone here is suggesting there aren't white supremacists who vote Blue? You seem rather enthusiastic about acknowledging their existence, don't you?

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
If someone claims white supremacists exist and are a clear and present threat to society.

I ask for evidence and logic to support that and you label it "playing a reductionist game" and "restricting logic".

Its difficult to say anything, if you do not practice what you preach.

Lol, you really went ahead and quoted a different part of my post to tie it up to another part of yours. How very condescending of you to do so.

Yeah, I'm sure someone who is referring to a supposedly unproven theory as unicorns in the backyard is using some unrestricted logic to openly accept changes to his views.

If you truly have an open mind, you are misrepresenting it and the onus is on you to correct that.

Waiting for you to spin that and ask me for white supremacy proof again, I have some time today.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
We've had this boogeyman discussion before. You make that claim, I show clear evidence showing the opposite.

"I show clear evidence showing the opposite."

:rolleyes:

Quote text to where this.

"Happened".

You're just flat out lying now.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
"I show clear evidence showing the opposite."

:rolleyes:

Quote text to where this.

"Happened".

You're just flat out lying now.
Linked to numerous articles, pictures, even quoting our own government... but that's not good enough. The goalposts are constantly moved, and that's not uncharacteristic sadly.

But somehow we got to the point that "white supremacy is a boogeyman because they're actually Democrats". The logic you routinely refer to routinely fails you.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I bet I've seen and laughed at more hairy men, walking down the street wearing dresses in broad daylight, than you have. :toc That translates to more real life experience -- making me a greater authority on topics relating to LGBTs.

Flashback to 2016. You were likely upset about Trump exercising his executive powers without much authority or oversight.

Now here you are in 2021 claiming its 100% perfectly acceptable to deplatform and censor people without accountability, transparency or oversight.

I can't tell if you're genuinely stupid or if you're just trolling.

And I've been saying that since at latest 2016, and deplatforming people is holding them accountable. I also don't get how those two are related, but it's you after all. Nothing makes sense about you, other than ignorance.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

I wonder if this is just a ploy to engage his delusional sycophants or if he's really this delusional himself? Surely with how much of a genius he is, it'd have to be the former right?

Does Musk own a business that doesn't run off of government subsidies?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am sort of with musk on that one. Though not because "then they are coming for you". I mean, that's kinda the point, that people pay them. The article talks about taxing unrealized capital gains... Which sounds like lunacy. Because that's not yet cash anyone has received. If they sell something and net a profit then sure, tax it. But... if you tax something which hasn't actually generated cash flow.... You basically force them to sell stuff to pay for said tax. Tax companies 40% of their profit, have the highest tax bracket of income tax be 40~%... but focus on income, not unrealized money or assets.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
You basically force them to sell stuff to pay for said tax
As opposed to them not paying taxes at all?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's clearly a response to these 700 or so individuals acting like they have no income.

The "worry" of this extending to the middle class at some point is akin to my worry about the sun running out of hydrogen

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
As opposed to them not paying taxes at all?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's clearly a response to these 700 or so individuals acting like they have no income.

The "worry" of this extending to the middle class at some point is akin to my worry about the sun running out of hydrogen
Welp, the issue here is ultimately that the system is broken... But you won't fix this by implementing nonsense. It's not like putting this in place will somehow lead to reasonable tax policy along the way or convince them to not use their armies of lawyers and accountants to take advantage of every loophole in the system (not that the system should work on the honor system). Obviously the worry of this extending to the middle class is beyond absurd. The idea that the middle class has unrealized capital gains shows musk's mind has traveled further from earth than his finest rocket by a few lightyears...

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Welp, the issue here is ultimately that the system is broken... But you won't fix this by implementing nonsense. It's not like putting this in place will somehow lead to reasonable tax policy along the way or convince them to not use their armies of lawyers and accountants to take advantage of every loophole in the system (not that the system should work on the honor system). Obviously the worry of this extending to the middle class is beyond absurd. The idea that the middle class has unrealized capital gains shows musk's mind has traveled further from earth than his finest rocket by a few lightyears...
Agreed, but the tax system being broken or not simple enough isn't going to stop the extremely wealthy from finding loopholes like this though. Imagine thinking someone like Musk should be paying more than a theoretical 3% is somehow "divisive".

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Space X relied on subsidies from NASA.

I seem to remember reading Trump canceled tax credits for electric cars.

A very stereotypical and predictable move given the republican parties history of being in bed with big oil and saudis.

:toc

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Space X relied on subsidies from NASA.

I seem to remember reading Trump canceled tax credits for electric cars.

A very stereotypical and predictable move given the republican parties history of being in bed with big oil and saudis.

:toc
Pretty sure they still do. Tesla survived the Great Recession in part due to the loan they got from the government. SolarCity too.

At first the Boring Company gave me pause, but of course any tunnels they have/will build would be from bids from the government. The same sort of deal with Neuralink when/if it gets off the ground.

The point is Elon Musk knows where his bread is buttered, so these kind of antics are the most cynical nonsense anyone could see.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

I wonder if this is just a ploy to engage his delusional sycophants or if he's really this delusional himself? Surely with how much of a genius he is, it'd have to be the former right?

I think the former and to look smarter/better? I mean, dude has a cult following as it is, and it wouldn't hurt to make them be even more against billionaire taxes and think of him as an iconic and innovative good person.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The point is Elon Musk knows where his bread is buttered, so these kind of antics are the most cynical nonsense anyone could see.

Governments are usually anti progress.

Which naturally puts them in conflict with anyone who wants to improve the status quo.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So the government grants which indubitably helped musk were anti progress?