American Politics | Page 442 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm more than satisfied with the current state of affairs of this thread.

If any of you however are not satisfied.

Falsifiable predictions being a hallmark of science. We could each make political predictions, on any topic you like. To quantify who has superior comprehension of politics and current events, translating to greater accuracy in calling how things will play out.

Everyone thinks they know better than everyone else. Its not something that is worth disputing.

But if any of you so desire, it can be put to the test. :invalid

I couldn't care less.

Reactions: GB

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity Check said:
Falsifiable predictions being a hallmark of science. We could each make political predictions, on any topic you like. To quantify who has superior comprehension of politics and current events, translating to greater accuracy in calling how things will play out.
No wonder you think you're schooling us then: you don't seem to understand what most of us value.

No one here is attempting to predict political outcomes except for you. We're trying to INFLUENCE political outcomes with our votes and our arguments, and you can't fix a problem without knowing what caused the problem.

If you could create a policy that helps black and brown people all over America, but it ignores the existence of systemic racism, then you've done nothing but put a band aid over a problem that's not healing. Even if you predicted how much better things will have gotten for us, you've still failed, just slowly. So no one's going to give you props for said failure except other Republicans that want to believe systemic racism doesn't exist.

Also: I always bristle at the idea of religious people claiming they value science or falsifiability. Depending on how religious they are, I really wanna know how you came to the conclusion that snakes can talk, the planet was surrounded by a firmament, and dead men can walk after 3 days.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I don't understand why you ask these questions.

I bet if I offered someone who reads this thread $100 if they could name a single thing I posted in this thread more than 1 month ago.

They couldn't remember a single thing -- without looking up old posts.
That's pretty normal, for you are not a universally hailed political analyst.
Actually, even if you were, not remembering what your old remarks were means nothing. As long as the essence of an argument is not grasped, memorizing and reciting them means nothing.

On the flip side, I can remember things I posted here months or even years ago.

I can remember responses I received and who posted them. I still remember things I posted on the internet more than 10 years ago and what the responses were. You may not know this as I haven't been active here, but I dig up things I said years ago all the time to confirm my predictions were accurate.

But the opposite is definitely not true and its 100% irrelevant what I say here -- none of you will remember it.

You won't remember my response, so why bother asking? :toc
All this points out to is either you have some rather ridiculous obsession or you are being manipulative.
How about you stop being dodgy and respond properly to the question asked? If no one remembering what you have been posting for a decade did not stop you for, you know, a whole decade, why arbitrarily choose this very moment to not respond?
It makes sense if you are not going to keep repeating the same arguments moving forward and simply not talk, though. In that case, I see reason in your perspective and I shall stand corrected.

I'm more than satisfied with the current state of affairs of this thread.

If any of you however are not satisfied.

Everyone thinks they know better than everyone else. Its not something that is worth disputing.

But if any of you so desire, it can be put to the test. :invalid

I couldn't care less.
Please do not bring science up out of blue, when the large majority of the posts I have read from you comes from an ignorant perspective. Science is not ignorant; it covers all aspects of the topic at hand. What you consider as knowledge and accurate prediction skill is part of nothing but falsely conclusive arguments, which science does not use in trying to reach the truth.

No, they don't. This is oversimplifying our thought processes and also generalizing. I don't desire a test of my accuracy, but not projecting your personality onto others would be a lovely start.

For sure, you seem to be caring a lot, considering you have been digging things up you said ages ago to feel satisfied.
In my book, being self-important is not a sin, and we all are that way to a degree, but not being open about that is just lying to yourself.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No one here is attempting to predict political outcomes except for you.

In 2016 when Trump was elected, the woke crew predicted Trump would round up LGBTs and minorities and place them in concentration camps. Where they would be oppressed/tortured/killed.

In 2020 when Biden was elected, I predicted Bill Cosby would receive a pardon or be released from prison. There are timestamps and evidence I can cite to prove this.

One prediction is the result of evidence, competence and knowledge. The other is is the opposite.

You probably "don't remember" which side you were on. But it does matter. The boy who cried wolf only had to be wrong twice to lose credibility. :invalid

One need only look as far as plummeting ratings for CNN, the oscar awards, netflix and others who embrace wokeness. To see which direction the wind of public opinion is blowing.

We're trying to INFLUENCE political outcomes with our votes and our arguments, and you can't fix a problem without knowing what caused the problem.

People being bombarded by many hundreds of advertisements and marketing campaigns every week.

They may no longer be swayed or influenced, the way they used to be.

I would like to see you "explain" systemic racism.

My US state legalized gay marriage. If you're gay no one cares. If you're black or a minority. No one cares. Maybe there is a tiny sliver of the population who is offended and hates those things. But they've been losing ground forever. Racist white forums like stormfront have been dead for more than a decade now.

Its really strange when people claim "racism" as if stormfront were active and growing with many members. When in reality, they're a dead trend that no one supports or cares about anymore.

If you could create a policy that helps black and brown people all over America, but it ignores the existence of systemic racism, then you've done nothing but put a band aid over a problem that's not healing. Even if you predicted how much better things will have gotten for us, you've still failed, just slowly. So no one's going to give you props for said failure except other Republicans that want to believe systemic racism doesn't exist.

Black slaves in america, who couldn't read. Were beaten or whipped if they were caught so much as holding a book to look at the pictures.

Today's slaves would never pick up a book of their own free will. They believe reading equates to being ashamed of their skin and trying to be white.

I really wanna know how you came to the conclusion that snakes can talk, the planet was surrounded by a firmament, and dead men can walk after 3 days.

1. Jesus refers to pharisees using the honorific "Sons of Vipers". A snake can refer to a person, as well as the animal.
2. Firmament is a term used in an attempt to overcome a language barrier. Depending on whether one endorses accretion theory to explain formation of planets, moons, etc. The shoe could fit.
3. Dry desert air can preserve corpses resulting in mummification. A big rock covered the entrance to the tomb. It may have been air tight enough to preserve the body.

Way off topic btw. If you want to continue this, take it to religious discussion thread.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Trump reversed protection for LGBT+ people in healthcare, so that's almost the same, given they had no protection from discrimination. Bill Cosby also got off because of a deal made decades ago, which has nothing to do with Biden.

I'm pretty sure one of us (or two or three of us) explained systematic racism many times, but you refuse to listen.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Racist white forums like stormfront have been dead for more than a decade now.
No, the site is still very much up

Its really strange when people claim "racism" as if stormfront were active and growing with many members. When in reality, they're a dead trend that no one supports or cares about anymore.
The site still has thousands of visitors every day. I know you're insistent on labeling this issue a "boogieman" or whatever, but I find it hard to believe you'd be this dense. White supremacy doesn't hinge it's existence on a single internet forum.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In 2016 when Trump was elected, the woke crew predicted Trump would round up LGBTs and minorities and place them in concentration camps. Where they would be oppressed/tortured/killed.
If the fear is rooted in a very real fear of erosion of rights, is it that much more absurd than thinking liberals are coming to take all the guns away and put people in re-education camps?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I find it interesting that seemingly the entire basis for your point here is that because fearmongering exists, racism/bigotry doesn't actually exist in any meaningful way.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Trump reversed protection for LGBT+ people in healthcare, so that's almost the same, given they had no protection from discrimination. Bill Cosby also got off because of a deal made decades ago, which has nothing to do with Biden.

I'm pretty sure one of us (or two or three of us) explained systematic racism many times, but you refuse to listen.

Trump and republicans may have reversed state funding for abortion.

And funding for gender reassignment surgery being covered under obamacare and other federal spending programs.

"Reversing protections for LGBT" is a mislabeling of it.

Oh. Did you "mansplain" something at some point?

I thought you only came here to call me names.

:toc

No, the site is still very much up

The site still has thousands of visitors every day. I know you're insistent on labeling this issue a "boogieman" or whatever, but I find it hard to believe you'd be this dense. White supremacy doesn't hinge it's existence on a single internet forum.

We need valid indicators to determine the legitimacy of danger that "white supremacy" poses.

Stormfront is an indicator. What's "controversial" about that.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
We need valid indicators to determine the legitimacy of danger that "white supremacy" poses.

Stormfront is an indicator. What's "controversial" about that.
We don't though, the ideology itself is enough.

I think it's controversial to downplay threat because of a single website that has happened to be deplatformed at times during it's history. You've been online enough to know that there are other, more "modern" ways for like-minded people to congregate. No need to feign ignorance in order to serve whatever point you think you're making.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
We don't though, the ideology itself is enough.

I think it's controversial to downplay threat because of a single website that has happened to be deplatformed at times during it's history. You've been online enough to know that there are other, more "modern" ways for like-minded people to congregate. Don't feign ignorance.

White supremacists are invisible, imaginary, unicorns in my backyard.

And you're foiling my attempts to quantify evidence for whether or not they're real.

How hard is it for the average person to recognize the woke left is the side that oppresses and restricts attempts at logic.

All this points out to is either you have some rather ridiculous obsession or you are being manipulative.
How about you stop being dodgy and respond properly to the question asked? If no one remembering what you have been posting for a decade did not stop you for, you know, a whole decade, why arbitrarily choose this very moment to not respond?
It makes sense if you are not going to keep repeating the same arguments moving forward and simply not talk, though. In that case, I see reason in your perspective and I shall stand corrected.

What do you want?

Be specific, you'll get a straight answer.

Please do not bring science up out of blue, when the large majority of the posts I have read from you comes from an ignorant perspective. Science is not ignorant; it covers all aspects of the topic at hand. What you consider as knowledge and accurate prediction skill is part of nothing but falsely conclusive arguments, which science does not use in trying to reach the truth.

No, they don't. This is oversimplifying our thought processes and also generalizing. I don't desire a test of my accuracy, but not projecting your personality onto others would be a lovely start.

For sure, you seem to be caring a lot, considering you have been digging things up you said ages ago to feel satisfied.
In my book, being self-important is not a sin, and we all are that way to a degree, but not being open about that is just lying to yourself.

Let's be real.

A safe space is not a good environment for developing science, critical thinking, logic or skepticism.

Its the opposite.

How clear this becomes over time, is entirely up to you. In terms of how much you want to try to debate with me.

:invalid

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
White supremacists are invisible, imaginary, unicorns in my backyard.

And you're foiling my attempts to quantify evidence for whether or not they're real.

How hard is it for the average person to recognize the woke left is the side that oppresses and restricts attempts at logic.
What is your motivation for saying that? Trump's own DOH has said the complete opposite.

How would you "quantify" it though? Cherry-picking a single internet forum, being incorrect, and then acting like you expounded upon some masterfully astute point?

The "woke left" isn't a pervasive concept, rooted in centuries of history in this country. Where are they oppressing people and being anti-logic?

What are the real-world consequences of someone who lists their pronouns saying something you don't agree with? Is this how you would describe oppression? You don't know what the fuck real oppression is then.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What is your motivation for saying that? Trump's own DOH has said the complete opposite.

How would you "quantify" it though? Cherry-picking a single internet forum, being incorrect, and then acting like you expounded upon some masterfully astute point?

Its hilarious that you label the department of homeland security Trump's.

After Trump fired FBI director James Comey and has been at odds with heads of intelligence, homeland security and the military ever since.

The term "mass shooting" itself could be considered racist, considering it doesn't cover minority shootings related to gang violence.

The "woke left" isn't a pervasive concept, rooted in centuries of history in this country.

It 100% is.

That is what makes it predictable.

Definitely not predictable in a good way. But predictable nonetheless.

Some on the left know I predicted some of their moves years in advance. As well as predicting some of their errors which they later corrected, years in advance. Not that it did me any good. My time and energy would be better spent elsewhere.

Where are they oppressing people and being anti-logic?

If you have to ask about people being deplatformed for speaking the truth.

You haven't been paying attention.

What are the real-world consequences of someone who lists their pronouns saying something you don't agree with? Is this how you would describe oppression? You don't know what the fuck real oppression is then.

People are being "oppressed" for their pronouns?

Isn't that 100% the reason people tend to look down upon millennials btw.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Its hilarious that you label the department of homeland security Trump's.

After Trump fired FBI director James Comey and has been at odds with heads of intelligence, homeland security and the military ever since.

The term "mass shooting" itself could be considered racist, considering it doesn't cover minority shootings related to gang violence.
Alright then no government agency can be trusted and it's all a psy-op to vilify white people... right?

I don't think a lack of consensus on terminology, considering there's no legal definition, is indicative of racism. But if that's something that's important to you, fair enough. Not surprised, I guess.

It 100% is.

That is what makes it predictable.

Definitely not predictable in a good way. But predictable nonetheless.

Some on the left know I predicted some of their moves years in advance. As well as predicting some of their errors which they later corrected, years in advance. Not that it did me any good. My time and energy would be better spent elsewhere.
Yeah I remember Marx writing missives about ecoterrorism and trans rights.... you got me there

"Some on the left know".... who? Who cares?

If you have to ask about people being deplatformed for speaking the truth.

You haven't been paying attention.
"Speaking the truth" is such a nebulous thing to say. What does that mean?

Stormfront doesn't have a right to their website being hosted, this is up to the companies that want their money.

People are being "oppressed" for their pronouns?

Isn't that 100% the reason people tend to look down upon millennials btw.
No, it was a joke about you thinking leftists are oppressing people like you

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
it's all a psy-op to vilify white people... right?

That has never been something, I've been concerned with.

And it likely never will be.

Too superficial. (At least in the context, that you define it.)

"Speaking the truth" is such a nebulous thing to say. What does that mean?

Stormfront doesn't have a right to their website being hosted, this is up to the companies that want their money.

Being exposed to different ideas and realities is part of a legit education process.

People being exposed to stormfront and being repulsed by it, could reduce racism in society.

What motive could there be behind censoring stormfront. Nothing good.

No, it was a joke about you thinking leftists are oppressing people like you

Is deplatforming someone simply due to not agreeing with their views a form of oppression?

I think Hitler would definitely support deplatforming.

While Trump and the conservative right would oppose.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity Check said:
I JUST said no one in here was trying to predict things and your response was to refer to people outside of the forum so that you could keep pursuing this waste of an argument.

Why the hell can't you just address what we actually say?

One need only look as far as plummeting ratings for CNN, the oscar awards, netflix and others who embrace wokeness. To see which direction the wind of public opinion is blowing.
If you're claiming that "go woke, go broke" is a real thing, then stop trying to change the subject. And also, you're wrong. Correlation is not causation. I remember you trying to claim NY and LA were seeing a mass exodus of people moving away from there because they're trying to flee from overly liberal/woke areas, when really the answer was just that it's too damn expensive to live in these places.

Because of context. Types of violent acts are categorized differently based on things like motive and targets and scale. Gang violence is called gang violence because it's violent acts committed by gang members. Mass shootings are called mass shootings because it typically just refers to many people being shot excluding the perpetrator. There's no real consensus in the world as to what makes a mass shooting a mass shooting, but it's generally accepted that there's just a lot of victims.

The gang violence you're referring to doesn't count as a mass shooting because gang violence is typically between two parties, not one assailant attacking multiple people.

You're probably just upset at the over representation of white people when it comes to mass shootings.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Why the hell can't you just address what we actually say?

Its hilarious how I respond with 2 to 4 short sentences.

Trying to keep everything as clear and simple as possible.

While you respond with 20 paragraphs. Trying to make things as overcomplicated, confusing and deflectionary as possible.

Then you accuse me of "avoiding" things.

LOL

Last edited:

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity Check said:
Being exposed to different ideas and realities is part of a legit education process.

People being exposed to stormfront and being repulsed by it, could reduce racism in society.

These aren't new ideas that need to be addressed or presented to impressionable young men. It's how you get things like the Charlottesville tiki torch marches. Nothing positive came from that.

Is deplatforming someone simply due to not agreeing with their views a form of oppression?
Is that the only reason they're being deplatformed, or is it because they're afraid their message will result in violence? You're pretending that all opinions are equal and deserving of attention when they aren't.

Deplatforming isn't censorship. No one's free speech is taken from them when they're deplatformed. Their platform is taken from them. Also, Trump and the conservative right sure are trying their best to kill CRT. That doesn't sound like they value dissenting opinions.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
That has never been something, I've been concerned with.

And it likely never will be.

Too superficial. (At least in the context, that you define it.)
Good for you, I guess? I don't see how that addresses what I said.

How does this address the fact that you're downplaying the prevalence of white supremacy?

Is Stormfront irrelevant or not? Since you seem to suggest they're being censored, there would have to be quite the degree of relevancy there, wouldn't there? Unless you're trying to suggest something of merit is going on there or sites of their ilk.

I think there's more to Stormfront losing hosting than people "simply not agreeing with their views". I don't agree with making disgusting ideas "illegal", and it's better for them to be front and center. But I also don't think the government has any cause to enforce that and force hosting companies to keep those sites up if they violate their terms of service.

Trump would absolutely support deplatforming anyone that said anything untoward about him if he could get away with it. He has no principles.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
These aren't new ideas that need to be addressed or presented to impressionable young men. It's how you get things like the Charlottesville tiki torch marches. Nothing positive came from that.

Charlottesville is a democrat blue city.

Its not a conservative or right wing region like florida or texas.

Every torch holding "white supremacist" looked like a registered democrat to me.

Is that the only reason they're being deplatformed, or is it because they're afraid their message will result in violence? You're pretending that all opinions are equal and deserving of attention when they aren't.

Thanks for the anti freedom of speech messaging.

Are you certain you're a centrist moderate? Censorship aimed at abolishing freedom of speech leans far left.

Deplatforming isn't censorship. No one's free speech is taken from them when they're deplatformed. Their platform is taken from them. Also, Trump and the conservative right sure are trying their best to kill CRT. That doesn't sound like they value dissenting opinions.

Zero transparency, accountability, safeguards or oversight involved with the deplatforming process.

Would appear to be a process ripe for exploitation, predation and abuse.

Agree / disagree?

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity Check said:
Its hilarious how I respond with 2 to 4 short sentences.

Trying to keep everything as clear and simple as possible.

While you respond with 20 paragraphs. Trying to make things as overcomplicated, confusing and deflectionary as possible.

Then you accuse me of "avoiding" things.

LOL

Typical woke left.
Who cares how short your response is if it's responding to a straw man? You claimed your predictions were correct where as ours weren't.

I then pointed out we weren't making predictions, so you changed your target to a strawman of us; some weird non existent leftists outside of this forum who expected concentration camps for gays...? One would think that if you were owning us with correct predictions you could simply quote some of our own failed predictions and show us where we were wrong.

Matter of fact: go ahead. Do exactly that. Find a post in this thread where I've made a political prediction that didn't come true. Bonus points if you told me it wouldn't come true in a response, and then was correct.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Also, Trump and the conservative right sure are trying their best to kill CRT. That doesn't sound like they value dissenting opinions.
Yeah, I wonder how that one Texas school district that said there needed to be an "alternative view" presented when teaching about the Holocaust would tackle a topic like CRT...

Charlottesville is a democrat blue city.

Its not a conservative or right wing region like florida or texas.

Every torch holding "white supremacist" looked like a registered democrat to me.
This is easily you're most deluded take so far, and that's saying a lot

Even if you wanted to suggest such a thing, implying that everyone at that rally is from Charlottesville makes this line of thinking flimsy at it's base

Zero transparency, accountability, safeguards or oversight involved with the deplatforming process.

Would appear to be a process ripe for exploitation, predation and abuse.

Agree / disagree?
This is the kind of thing that the ACLU exists for.... but you guys on the right would have to stomach it's existence first.