Discussion - The Ten Commandments | Page 31 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The Ten Commandments

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm still waiting for zeldris to find out about what happened to his girl
And i hope estarossa isnt affected by his commandment and has a transformation up his sleeve
At this point all he needs is Meliodas's confirmation. Imagine if Meliodas does it while he is influenced by his mark :XD.

Well, estarosa is a fairly experienced warrior as far as we know. And his mind works in incredibly twisted ways. Look back at when he killed meliodas. He cried genuine tears of sadness as he pierced each of mel's hearts. He was able to strike down someone he loved deeply without a speck of hesitation. The hatred thing is plausible but I don't think his emotions would go awry enough to impede him from fighting in the future.

This is hard to say... In theory the commandments have the means to recover almost instantly. Gloxinia can heal their wounds pretty much instantly and they seem to have enough humans to recover the bulk of their magic. It shouldn't take more than a few days for them to recover overall. On the other hand the sins don't necessarily have the advantage here. As of now the sins that are capable of standing up to the commandments are meliodas, merlin and escanor (depending on whether its daytime). Ban could plausibly do something but he would need help. The 12k or so strength he can apparently steal could easily turn a battle. But on his own he is basically worthless. Diane might be able to do something considering her golem can stand up to dolor's but it wouldn't be more than ban can do. King is perhaps close to being able to hold his ground against a commandment (I think his power must have increased dramatically from the first time he used the true spirit spear as he was able to actually sustain the true form for several attacks) but only for a bit. Gowther might end up playing a bigger role in whatever happens next though.
The Sins are getting ready for the next round too. And the first step is to gather all their members as Merlin said, which is why Gowther has been freed. I am expecting all of them to be strong enough for the next battle, and to attack first. With Gowther recovering his memories, King, Diane and Ban are the only ones lacking power, the Fairy and the Giant will get their power ups soon.

I still believe that Ban might have gotten stronger during the time skip, but since he has been affected by the Love decree, there is no way to know how strong he is.

I think the implication so far is that druid blood, or even apostle blood, is not what is needed to release the demons (assuming there are demons that remain to be freed). Elizabeth seems to be an unique existence and actually seems to be a reincarnated goddess. Going by what hendrickson said apostles of the goddesses are a sect within the druids and there are several of them. With that in mind it would make sense that what is needed to release the demon clan was either specifically elizabeth's blood or goddess blood. So if by any chance they still need goddess blood it would make sense to target jenna and zanelly. Though for that they would need to actually know those two are goddesses.
This is what I was implying, they will attack Istar and find out that these two are Goddesses. If the TCs attack, they will be obliged to use powers like Ark and even if they don't, Zeldris or someone else might find out the same way Meliodas did.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
A clash between Liones and Camelot is obvious now.

Dolor and Gloxinia are fine.
Estarossa is alive and probably unable to fight because of his hate for Escanor.
Monspiet and Derrierie must be alive.
Gray Lord is captured and Galan is petrified.

I guess all of them besides Gray Lord and Galan are healed and resting at Camelot. What do you think Zeldris will do for the final confrontation against the Sins? Do you think they Commandments will be the ones on the offensive for the next battle?

My predictions:
  • Zeldris will find Galan and find a way to dispel the curse. It's possible that he can do this since he is the representative of the Demon King. If he can't, it means the resurrected DK will have to do it. Same for Estarossa if he happens to be affected by the Love.
  • The brainwashed HKs will be turned into Reactors.
  • Zeldris will attack Istar and use the blood of Druids to free all the Demons.
I think the Sins will actually be on the offensive next go round.

Estarossa not being able to fight because of his hatred would be an interesting twist, but that doesn't bode well for Escanor as I imagine he'll be targeted first because of that. If the brother's share the same immortality curse, it would be worse as it potentially means a power up for Estarossa. If Zeldris can't cure the Commandment curses, or if he doesn't feel like bothering with the defeated Commandments, I can see him trying to find replacements for the defeated/captured Commandments, at least, if the theory of his being able to pass out curses is true, which I believe it is. I want to say Arthur should watch is back, because his power would surely gain the interest of the Commandments if they cross paths. If not, we'll he's still an asset for the Sins, which might come in handy as we don't know how Gowther will act.

The rest of the Sins are still woefully underpowered and, in my opinion, need to be nearing the 30k mark, at the least, before they even think about going after the Commandments. Ban will probably be getting his Sacred Treasure soon, so we'll see what that adds. He could potentially do a super rough training session in which he continuously fights against Mel or someone just as powerful to build up his physical and magical abilities. King and Diane are probably going to be set next chapter, or at least, put on the right path thanks to the Power of Love™. Personally, I'm hoping they get hints from Dolor and Gloxinia themselves instead of each other.

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm still waiting for zeldris to find out about what happened to his girl
And i hope estarossa isnt affected by his commandment and has a transformation up his sleeve
I think he already knows.... remember when he ordered the Comms to move out and Estarossa said he wanted to rest a little while longer? Zeldris replied that he wanted to go "somewhere" to check up on something or whatever. I assume he was looking for the seal that kept the vampires. He found it empty, remembered the destruction of Edinburgh and the deep hole in the ground and probaly just counted one and one. I bet he fully realizes it already. If not, then he probably didn't check on the seal yet. Which I kinda find weird considering Gelda was his love interest.

Gaggen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
The demon king sounds like an underworld god like hades since he is in the purgatory with the souls. And he greeted meliodas when he came into the purgatory. Since only dead people souls are there he shouldnt be there (unless he is dead which i doubt). He told meliodas that he will devour his emotions to regain his lost strength. Its likely that he lost the battle in the war and was sent back to the purgatory instead of getting killed, unless he is like orochimaru who can be revived by the curse mark. Demon have been dealing with souls in the purgatory(merasyclla) who is a part of his army. I guess goddesses are responsible for guarding souls in heavens whereas the demons guard sould in the purgatory/underworld.....

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States

Estarossa is alive and probably unable to fight because of his hate for Escanor.

I guess all of them besides Gray Lord and Galan are healed and resting at Camelot. What do you think Zeldris will do for the final confrontation against the Sins? Do you think they Commandments will be the ones on the offensive for the next battle?

My predictions:
  • Zeldris will find Galan and find a way to dispel the curse. It's possible that he can do this since he is the representative of the Demon King. If he can't, it means the resurrected DK will have to do it. Same for Estarossa if he happens to be affected by the Love.
This is such a great prediction tbh, I hope the story goes this route, and I hope Nakaba expands the universe, other kingdoms should be introduced and more Druid characters than can help Liones as well

Hope there's an all out war tbh

oxtopus

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Wait,did I miss something?when was it confirmed Jenna and zaneli are goddesses? And there's also the part about meliodas having a 56k pl in his demon form before he died. Where did all this info from?

Isaiah Thomas

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait,did I miss something?when was it confirmed Jenna and zaneli are goddesses? And there's also the part about meliodas having a 56k pl in his demon form before he died. Where did all this info from?
Meliodas having a 56K pl in his demon mode comes from the Meliodas & Elizabeth guidebook.

Jenna & Zaneli being Goddesses comes from the translated volume 23 omake.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
From here

Thanks to Roadagain from Narutoforums who put a lot of work into getting and scanning these.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My predictions:
Damn, I thought I had replied to this post yet. I had the intention but then probably forgot.

I must say I like this a lot. I agree with it. If Zeldris' "God" power channels the abilities of the DK then maybe he can give or take Commandment decrees. The knights becoming more perfect Reactors would be great. Could either be done by freeing Gray Road or have Estarossa do it, since he can turn beings into demons. Zeldris attacking Ishtar is a great idea, too. And maybe in some last resort effort the druids invoke a ritual with their dying breaths which revives the goddess clan.

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am the only one that doesn't think Estarossa's naturally sadistic ? He can't show any hate what so ever, he's forced to love everything and everyone even his worst enemies

His emotions are being held hostage because of his commandment lol, I think he hates Meliodas just as much as the other Commandments except he can't express it at all, the slightest bit of hatred leads him to become cursed for eternity

Imagine forcing yourself to love your worst enemy or someone you naturally hate with a passion

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think it's his nature. And he has been influenced by Meliodas when he was younger. It should require a certain level of self-control though and that's probably why he has 4000 in Spirit. Commandments don't affect the mind of the user AFAWK, that's why even the users can be affected.

From here

Thanks to Roadagain from Narutoforums who put a lot of work into getting and scanning these.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Damn, I thought I had replied to this post yet. I had the intention but then probably forgot.

I must say I like this a lot. I agree with it. If Zeldris' "God" power channels the abilities of the DK then maybe he can give or take Commandment decrees. The knights becoming more perfect Reactors would be great. Could either be done by freeing Gray Road or have Estarossa do it, since he can turn beings into demons. Zeldris attacking Ishtar is a great idea, too. And maybe in some last resort effort the druids invoke a ritual with their dying breaths which revives the goddess clan.
Thanks. Zeldris might be able to dispel the curse but I doubt it's related to God since it's supposed to be unique. I think he might be able to because the Piety makes of him the avatar of the Demon King. Or maybe he can use the curses. His dad seems to be the Wizard type and Zeldris is a better Magician than his brothers.

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm still sad they got their asses kicked, hopefully they come back with a huge power up or something, can't seem to take them seriously anymore

Th0s

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I am the only one that doesn't think Estarossa's naturally sadistic ? He can't show any hate what so ever, he's forced to love everything and everyone even his worst enemies

His emotions are being held hostage because of his commandment lol, I think he hates Meliodas just as much as the other Commandments except he can't express it at all, the slightest bit of hatred leads him to become cursed for eternity

Imagine forcing yourself to love your worst enemy or someone you naturally hate with a passion
I don't think he fully hates Mel, more disappointed his idol betrayed him. Estarossa seems like he has the most "human" emotions of the TC's or at least the most understanding.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think he fully hates Mel, more disappointed his idol betrayed him. Estarossa seems like he has the most "human" emotions of the TC's or at least the most understanding.
Fully hate mel? Estarosa is the commandment of love, if he had a speck of hate for meliodas he would have lost his powers entirely. The most likely scenario is that estarosa loves meliodas exactly as much as he claimed when he killed mel. His tears as he killed melioda were 100% legitimate. In that regard I would argue the opposite of what you suggest, that estarosa is the least human among the commandments emotion-wise. The guy is so innately twisted that he can kill in cold blood someone he absolutely and unequivocally loves to death. Soon enough estarosa will meet meliodas again and he will likely be sincerely happy about it. And then sad that he has to kill him again.

AiNana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Karmadios commandment 'Betrayal' ... the curse will lit when trying to run away from him.
Seems a bit like Zeldris' only difference that the run aways will be turned into servants.
So what happens if you ran away from the commanment Karmadios? Some thoughts about this, which I came to the conclusion - this commandment will make you fight against you're allies to the death. The person who won will be damaged mentally.
Why else does Meliodas informed Gloxinia (King) and Dolor (Diane) about the commandment? For protecting Elizabeth. :errr
Any other thoughts about this commandment 'Betrayal'?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Karmadios commandment 'Betrayal' ... the curse will lit when trying to run away from him.
Seems a bit like Zeldris' only difference that the run aways will be turned into servants.
So what happens if you ran away from the commanment Karmadios? Some thoughts about this, which I came to the conclusion - this commandment will make you fight against you're allies to the death. The person who won will be damaged mentally.
Why else does Meliodas informed Gloxinia (King) and Dolor (Diane) about the commandment? For protecting Elizabeth. :errr
Any other thoughts about this commandment 'Betrayal'?
This seems a bit weird to be honest. With the other commandments you usually fall prey to them when you do something that specifically triggers the commandment. As in, the truth triggers when you lie, the love triggers when you hate, the faith triggers when you act without faith and so on. So how exactly does turning your back on karmadios trigger betrayal? I feel like the translation here is not quite accurate. I could understand if his commandment was, say, courage, and turning your back on him triggered it but that is not the case at all.

AiNana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
This seems a bit weird to be honest. With the other commandments you usually fall prey to them when you do something that specifically triggers the commandment. As in, the truth triggers when you lie, the love triggers when you hate, the faith triggers when you act without faith and so on. So how exactly does turning your back on karmadios trigger betrayal? I feel like the translation here is not quite accurate. I could understand if his commandment was, say, courage, and turning your back on him triggered it but that is not the case at all.
I mean as a let down part. More like : I can't do this, you take over for me.
Though that courage might be right...

Isaiah Thomas

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The Crunchyroll one is trash 2

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, this makes absolutely no sense.... How would they ever make the mistake of giving him gallan's commandment? Guess we gotta wait for jaimimi....

TarXan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeldris' Commandment activates as soon as you turn your back towards him, Karmadios activates as SO as you flee from his presence

I do t think that's the same thing tbh

Baum

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wait..what the hell?? That doesn't even make any sense in the context of that very same chapter? They attacked him and only got closer lol

Is that what people have to deal with with the English localization? XD