Discussion - Series All Time Relationship Rate [VOTING OPEN!] | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Series All Time Relationship Rate [VOTING OPEN!]

Which of these magic types do you want in the rating?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Invel > Zeref

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was also my first pairing in Fairy Tail and second favorite Gray pairing. All of its best scenes and everything I like about it were covered fairly well..
Ichiya x Anna (crack) getting above them.
This got beat out by Ichiya x Anna.
Excuse me. Did you just call Ichiya x Anna a crack pairing? :twitch

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
This was also my first pairing in Fairy Tail and second favorite Gray pairing. All of its best scenes and everything I like about it were covered fairly well..

Excuse me. Did you just call Ichiya x Anna a crack pairing? :twitch
Considering Anna's reappearance is crack itself and Ichiya not once bringing her up again after this, yes this ship is crack lol.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Care to guess the identity of Mira's boyfriend?

Hint: It's none other than Fairy Tail's Devil Slayer and his She-Devil...

Gray Fullbuster to Mirajane Strauss: "I promise, with my power, I'll rid this world of the vile demons that scarred our pasts...
"

Gray Fullbuster and Mirajane Strauss

Highest Score: 11 x 1(@Nemispelled)

10 x 3(@Asorx, @BluePegasus, @Raijin 雷神)

Lowest Score: 1 x 8(@Tirl, @kira, @EmptySoul, @Elusia, @MonkeyD-Dragon, @Yui-kitten, @Axiomus, @Gryffindor)

BluePegasus said:
This score is for @Nemispelled
kira said:
Jko said:
Demon Slayer, and Demon Takeover is kind of hot. Not gonna lie.
Emperor Spriggan said:
Takuan said:
Sorry Nemi, but this is not happening. They aren't even that close.

Personally, this ship started way back at the beginning of the series for me.

Probably the most significant aspect of their relationship was when Mira used to tease Gray by "fake crying" in front of him, after she pretended that his harsh words had hurt her feelings.

And as always, Gray would take the bait and immediately regret his decision, but not before already slipping out, "Mira-chan".

Not only did they share similar tragic pasts and grow up together at the guild, but they managed to establish a dynamic relationship and remained close to one another for many years... Here's a flashback at their growth and progression.

Beginning of Series

Phantom Lord Arc

Fighting Festival Arc

Long story short, GrayMi is pretty much the default ship of Fairy Tail for all those who don't even have a favorite pairing yet. And for those that already have an OTP, I'm quite sure that's a lie. Gray x Mira is still gonna be your guilty pleasure.

Silver x Mika = Gray x Mira.

Simple, right?

I doubt there's anything else about GrayMi that you guys haven't heard me say in the past already, so I bet all of you guys are waiting to see the GrayMi pics. Might as well get on with it, shall we?

@BluePegasus and @Jko - You guys wrote some high-quality comments. I agree with both.

@Takuan - We both know that you still support GrayMi from the sidelines. :derp

Special thanks to @BluePegasus for creating the rate and to the hosts for allowing me to guest-host.

Everybody's favorite part:

GrayMi (Gray x Mira) Photo Album

Mashima's Works with GrayMi

Last edited:

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I will never understand the ship :notrust

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
All these ships getting eliminated and Kinabra is still in. aww yisssss! :nowei:tata2:tata3:tata1

I think I'm getting a glimpse of the old FT section salt that I miss. Keep it coming guys. :teehee:teehee:m3j

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
All these ships getting eliminated and Kinabra is still in. aww yisssss! :nowei:tata2:tata3:tata1

I think I'm getting a glimpse of the old FT section salt that I miss. Keep it coming guys. :teehee:teehee:m3j
FT salt every week was delicious. Lots of people called the fandom toxic (and maybe at times it was) but I always felt everyone getting riled up over everything was so entertaining. Plus it reminded me of how the guild was always fighting.

After saying that.....

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Current mood:

"You're usually so out of control, but you can be kind and cute...."

"When we grow up...can I be your wife?"

"What are you talking about all of a sudden?"

Natsu Dragneel x Lisanna Strauss
Score- 4.650

Highest Score: 10 x 4(@Tirl, @kira, @MonkeyD-Dragon, @Raijin 雷神)
Lowest Score: 1 x 10(@Brandish, @DiMaria Yesta, @Elusia, @Yui-kitten, @Jko, @Raven, @Axiomus, @Asorx, @PluePegasus, @BluePegasus)
My score: 6

Tirl said:

Best childhood love

Lenny said:

If she had stayed dead I would probably have shipped them as children, but now her character is completely ruined to me.

BluePegasus said:

REMOVE TO TRASH!

Jko said:

Don’t care.

kira said:

10- they were so cute together :emocat

MLG Bradman said:

Wasted potential

Emperor Spriggan said:

Edolas reunion, dat soundtrack was lit af, unfortunately they only have a soundtrack to their feats :feelsbadman

Takuan said:

They looked cute during their youth, in flashbacks... And then when Lisanna came back into the story... Well, that complicity never came back.

I find this to be an interesting ship as far as Natsu's character is concerned, for the same reasons GrayZa is one of Gray's more interesting relationships when he was a kid. From the moment Natsu joined the guild as a kid, Lisanna was probably the girl he spent the most time around (Filler? I'm mostly basing this from what I saw in Edolas).

Not to mention the two were the ones who did find Happy's Egg, so that was a connection they both shared being Happy's foster parents.

Until her untimely death by the hands of her brother, Elfman, the two shared a really close friendship, and after she died none of the guild members ever mentioned her name again out of respect for Natsu's feelings. The truth was that she hadn't died though, instead she had been transported to Edolas and began a new life there.

Natsu and Lisanna met there once again after the guild ended up being sucked up into Anima, and personally this was one of my favorite parts of Edolas.
That soundtrack is just:shout

We also had these gems from Edolas

We also had the wedding fiasco in the Grand Magic Games, where Lisanna reminded Natsu about how she teased him as a kid with the idea of marrying him:

And finally, this couple had their last moments in the Tartaros arc, where they ended up captives of the dark guild and unwittingly sharing a cell together.

And once they escaped, they both assisted Erza in capturing Kyoka:

I think this is a fairly decent ship, they have scattered moments throughout the series that are pretty sweet, but if Lisanna's relevance wasn't so wishy washy there really would be a stronger case made for it. As it stands, its probably just above average for me as far as Natsu's relationships go.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Mixed feelings for this rank as I’m sad it’s higher than Naza and Grayza but think it’s too low in general. They had a cute childhood relationship. At the same time, I don’t see Lisanna’s present relationship with him.... even as a brotp I don’t see it. She’s kinda like Yukino or Cana or Mira. Someone he is friends with and who he would run off and attack sabertooth over but their bond has no special qualities to it any more.

I always felt this scene was Lisanna passing the “torch” (what she had in the past with Natsu) to Lucy.

The rain scene of Nali also shares with one of my favorite off panel Nalu moments.

^Lucy is smiling cuz she knows who’s wearing his clothes :hip

Plus Lisanna is that type of person. She gets overly excited and she’s really sweet so she likes to jump hug people.

Emperor Spriggan said:
I think the Nali vs Nalu came to head on this episode as Lucy cockblocked her rival. Take notes Juvia..........

Same as Lucy Ashley blocking that Nali reunion in Edolas.

That’s my girls..... :umad

Emperor Spriggan said:

Emperor Spriggan said:
What made me more upset with Lisanna’s return isn’t the Natsu/Lisanna interaction.
I always wanted Lucy vs Lisanna throw-down personally :true let the best girl win

What frustrates me is people get so emotional over the romance that they ignore the elephant in the room... When was the last time Lisanna interacted with Happy? :twitch Natsu may have been the makeshift husband but Happy was the child.... that’s one of the faults Mashima has of balancing/executing his large cast. When he drops the ball, it’s on multiple levels.

I hate this Nali moment. :sexyarf:handgun

Not because of “oh look Lisanna and Natsu are naked together,” but because Happy and Lucy were at home heartbroken that he had been captured...

Mashima.... my babies are crying and you want to play ****** :gtfo

Now I know y’all have some opinion on Nali people... :disappoint you can’t be in this fandom without it.

Last edited:

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
can't believe 10 people gave NaLi a 1. :gwah oh wait... :hmm

They were probably thinking that Natsu doesn't deserve Lisanna. :kappa

Thank you for letting me see my mistake guys! :reject :XD

Props to Jinx for pointing out Lisanna's interaction(or lack thereof) with Happy. makes me kinda sad thinking about it though. :crying

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I don't see why people compare Lisanna and Lucy. At this point there's no contest at all. Lisanna is long forgotten.
Their childhood is the only thing this ship has, the only thing giving it points. Otherwise, i wouldn't even call it a relationship at this point.

Last edited:

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Mixed feelings for this rank as I’m sad it’s higher than Naza and Grayza but think it’s too low in general. They had a cute childhood relationship. At the same time, I don’t see Lisanna’s present relationship with him.... even as a brotp I don’t see it. She’s kinda like Yukino or Cana or Mira. Someone he is friends with and who he would run off and attack sabertooth over but their bond has no special qualities to it any more.

I always felt this scene was Lisanna passing the “torch” (what she had in the past with Natsu) to Lucy.

The rain scene of Nali also shares with one of my favorite off panel Nalu moments.

^Lucy is smiling cuz she knows who’s wearing his clothes :hip

Plus Lisanna is that type of person. She gets overly excited and she’s really sweet so she likes to jump hug people.

I think the Nali vs Nalu came to head on this episode as Lucy cockblocked her rival. Take notes Juvia..........

Same as Lucy Ashley blocking that Nali reunion in Edolas.
That’s my girls..... :umad

What made me more upset with Lisanna’s return isn’t the Natsu/Lisanna interaction.
I always wanted Lucy vs Lisanna throw-down personally :true let the best girl win

What frustrates me is people get so emotional over the romance that they ignore the elephant in the room... When was the last time Lisanna interacted with Happy? :twitch Natsu may have been the makeshift husband but Happy was the child.... that’s one of the faults Mashima has of balancing/executing his large cast. When he drops the ball, it’s on multiple levels.

I hate this Nali moment. :sexyarf:handgun

Not because of “oh look Lisanna and Natsu are naked together,” but because Happy and Lucy were at home heartbroken that he had been captured...

Mashima.... my babies are crying and you want to play ****** :gtfo

Now I know y’all have some opinion on Nali people... :disappoint you can’t be in this fandom without it.
The nekkid Nali was more they were treated like cattle than a shipping moment. Most Nali in the anime wasn't canon.

Lisanna is sadly always going to be the less hott and less powerful version of happy Mira. :notrust

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Nali was a ship that i used to like in the past and no one really can deny that they had a nice childhood, The ship lost it's charm, Natsu or Lisanna didn't care to talk again as much after their first meeting in Edolas, and then you have Lisanna telling Lucy to stick with Natsu 24/7 XD. Their next interaction happened in Tartarous, What happened in GMG was just a filler, Also Lisanna isn't around Natsu as she used to be and nothing indicates that she still likes him after her comeback. Tbh Nali ship is "Grounded" hence abandoned by many. The reason why i gave it a low score because Mashima never cared to develop this ship not to mention that he never drew them together in his twitter sketchs.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I don't see why people compare Lisanna and Lucy. At this point there's no contest at all. Lisanna is long forgotten.
Their childhood is the only thing this ship has, the only thing giving it points. Otherwise, i wouldn't even call it a relationship at this point.
Recently I started watching K-drama's, even old ones where the ending is set in stone of who gets with who, and there are new comments underneath the videos arguing ships. I think currently the Nali vs Nalu stuff more comes from girls than guys. Wasn't it even asked at the NYC panel to Mashima if Natsu was to choose Lucy or Lisanna? The old quote "Men never remember but women never forget" might have more truth then you think lol. But yea their bond as children is quite sweet and gives them pointage for being special.

Nali was a ship that i used to like in the past and no one really can deny that they had a nice childhood, The ship lost it's charm, Natsu or Lisanna didn't care to talk again as much after their first meeting in Edolas, and then you have Lisanna telling Lucy to stick with Natsu 24/7 XD. Their next interaction happened in Tartarous, What happened in GMG was just a filler, Also Lisanna isn't around Natsu as she used to be and nothing indicates that she still likes him after her comeback. Tbh Nali ship is "Grounded" hence abandoned by many. The reason why i gave it a low score because Mashima never cared to develop this ship not to mention that he never drew them together in his twitter sketchs.
I think what also helped with the Nali relationship was the anime version vs the manga version because the omake only had Mirajane telling Lucy about Lisanna from their cleaning the guild's library. While in the anime you had the story be introduced/foreshadowed by Lucy joking about Natsu not getting a wife and he told her to shut up. It made a great alternative relationship to the early light-hearted friendship of Natsu and Lucy. Something serious. The background also gave Natsu more deepness plus established that there are consequences in the story. Especially entering Phantom Lord arc.

In my head, Natsu had a reason to be so protective of his friends - Lucy, Gray, Erza, Wendy - so they don't end up like Lisanna. So later on as we see his bonds with other people, and Lisanna returns without any interaction it cheapens that early message. Correct me if I am wrong Debonair-senpai. That’s what I feel.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Natsu and Lisanna were a great ship, when they were kids. Now, given that they barely talk, all we can do is assume that their ship would have been one of the best in the series given their rapport and history.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Honestly...

Ren and Sherry (Rerry)
Score: 4,750

Highest score: 10 x 2 (@Raijin 雷神, @BluePegasus)
Lowest score: 1 x 7 (@Nemispelled, @DiMaria Yesta, @Elusia, @MonkeyD-Dragon, @Yui-kitten, @Jko, @Axiomus)
My score: 10/10

But why? Really, WHY?! This is a fucking CANON pair, guys. How many of those do we have in Fairy Tail anyway? To everyone who gave this the lowest score possible I’d like to ask: are you against marriage?

The nice thing is that we actually saw them interact for the very first time. Their first actual love connection was during the moment they worked together to keep Christina floating while it attacked Nirvana, in order to save Cait Shelter. After the attack, Ren showed off his concern, saying that she pushed herself to far, resulting in both of them blushing. Between X784 and X791, the two got engaged. Is everyone melting already? Anyone? No...?

Let’s go to the peeps who decided to leave a comment behind. Jko is very rude and says “Didn’t care.” But a member of Blue Pegasus having a solid relationship with someone is revolutionary! Them lads desire for change from time to time, you know?
Emperor Spriggan defends a C-list mage from Lamia Scale: “I was kinda annoyed with how quickly Sherry moved on from Lyon tbh, she literally had no reason to fall for Ren other than sum BS which I wont even bother acknowledging.” Luckily she moved on from Lyon because Ren got the looks and charm.

Let’s close with Takuan who speaks facts: “A very cute couple. Not enough screentime unfortunately.” Yes, Mashima rather focuses on ships that eventually become nothing. In other words, see NaLu.

Check out: CH132, 157 & 273

Blue Pegasus

always

delivers.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States

Not sure if anyone posted this went yet back when Mashima was at Comic Con.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Honestly...

Ren and Sherry (Rerry)
Score: 4,750

Highest score: 10 x 2 (@Raijin 雷神, @BluePegasus)
Lowest score: 1 x 7 (@Nemispelled, @DiMaria Yesta, @Elusia, @MonkeyD-Dragon, @Yui-kitten, @Jko, @Axiomus)
My score: 10/10

But why? Really, WHY?! This is a fucking CANON pair, guys. How many of those do we have in Fairy Tail anyway? To everyone who gave this the lowest score possible I’d like to ask: are you against marriage?

The nice thing is that we actually saw them interact for the very first time. Their first actual love connection was during the moment they worked together to keep Christina floating while it attacked Nirvana, in order to save Cait Shelter. After the attack, Ren showed off his concern, saying that she pushed herself to far, resulting in both of them blushing. Between X784 and X791, the two got engaged. Is everyone melting already? Anyone? No...?

Let’s go to the peeps who decided to leave a comment behind. Jko is very rude and says “Didn’t care.” But a member of Blue Pegasus having a solid relationship with someone is revolutionary! Them lads desire for change from time to time, you know?
Emperor Spriggan defends a C-list mage from Lamia Scale: “I was kinda annoyed with how quickly Sherry moved on from Lyon tbh, she literally had no reason to fall for Ren other than sum BS which I wont even bother acknowledging.” Luckily she moved on from Lyon because Ren got the looks and charm.

Let’s close with Takuan who speaks facts: “A very cute couple. Not enough screentime unfortunately.” Yes, Mashima rather focuses on ships that eventually become nothing. In other words, see NaLu.

Check out: CH132, 157 & 273

Blue Pegasus

always

delivers.

Ren/Sherry they were a sweet couple but they weren't they first canon couple that honor goes to Bisca/Alzack.