Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,568
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I’m not a big fan of Kagami either.

But -

THIS IS JAPANESE RUNCH TIME RUSH!

I can’t possibly hate the character who exclaimed this legendary line of dialogue.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@FaustXIII That Bakuman pick feels kinda.. random. Not a character you’d expect on a list like this at all.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sorry :sweat I can't help but see her as endlesly naive newbie with obsession about Kougami. Perhaps I'm also a bit irritated, that we had to watch the story from her perspective, when imo there are more interesting characters, who, unlike Akane, are not affraid to take more resolut actions. Also she lacks primary goal in her life (or I haven't notice any), she just "is". I'm sure there are characters of other shows, who I disliked much more than Akane, too bad for her, Psycho-Pass was good enough to stay in my memory.
Wow I disagree with almost everything you said :XD But it's cool, no need to apologize, I can see where you're coming from (I simply feel different). Was just surprised to see her on the list, but this wouldn't be fun if there wasn't just a little bit of salt involved ;)
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Kinda surprised all the Big 3 heroes are out already. Not that I dislike either of them in particular (Luffy, not really at all except for very brief periods) but expected more to pick them out of hyperbole and typical protagonist hate.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@GrySun, I expected to see Kagami on the list, but not from you :nah Explain yourself at once, traitor :cop (I'm willing to forgive you, because of that beautiful signature of yours tho :lick)
That last part... :twitch :twitch :twitch

As for Kagami, I thought you knew my thoughts on him :nah He‘s not that bad as a character for the list(though don‘t like him much), but what gets him on my list is that he represents the biggest flaws of KnB. As a FT reader you should be aware of friendship-powerups, and Kagami uses those all the time. He‘s not skilled enough to compete with many of the GoM, but the story still puts him in situations where he needs to carry and manages to do that by whatever means possible, hoping for the reader/viewer to swallow it. :grumble

And while it‘s all hype and cool while it happens, just a second of thinking after the matches makes you realize the number of times the games are won by Kagami asspulls alone, and question it all. And him permanently staying in the zone and exceeding limits for the sake of it, and having all sorts of new powers due to the zone like that defense fire ring of Murasakibara against Akashi is such a shameless way to give him whatever is needed in the right moment regardless of whether it fits.

So, I don‘t like baKagami much at base, but the way the plot handles him just makes him less likable overall :noworry
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
That Hakuryuu and Estarossa are also on my list :hee

But for realsies, meant to give Laxus 10 points, not 10th place, to bait certain members, but messed up :feelsbadman
Don‘t even joke about that Gryff. :handgun
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I didn‘t want to comment anything and be salty :grumble At least not so early. Haven‘t even reached my top 3 sinners yet.
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
@uberfayt I almost considered this guy, but ended up with another infamous Bleach character. But no doubt that I believe he is easily the weakest Big Three protagonist.
You'll see later on that my list consists mostly on badly-written characters which are sold to us as good, by their respective managaka (especially when those that are worshipped by some of their fans, denying that anything is wrong...). The other few that made it into my list are just purely irritating me (well, so are the badly-written ones, but you get the picture).

Now as for that retard Ichigo...I remember back when I was 16, I finally decided to watch Bleach upon some of my classmates' recommendation...I just couldn't even get past the first episode as I was simply disgusted by Mr Strawberry :barf. I just couldn't follow the adventures of a bland punk who had nothing to him but BS :residentsleeper. But still, he's not the worst of the bunch I chose (and by far), as I only had the displeasure of seeing him in one episode :cookiehand

@zimbardo I could've easily put Naruto Uzumaki instead of Ichigo, both of them are pretty lame (the first is a lazy ass, talentless hypocrite and the second is just plain boring and empty...). But as you already know, I have chosen (quite a bunch of) more fitting trash from the Naruto series...

....Wow, it really feels like therapy....

 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I’ll comment on all, or most, of the ones I know so far tomorrow, whether I think they deserve a spot or not. Lots of fairly decent characters so far, imo. Makes me wonder how many were added just to trigger other members. :grumble
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,568
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
....Wow, it really feels like therapy....
Why do you think I chose such a category, for this round?!?

It is literally my job to help you guys
Though people can be really dense - never seeing the premium service, obsequious support, and the copious degree of good-natured wholesomeness, which I offer, for free, as what it really is...

Makes me wonder how many were added just to trigger other members. :grumble
If that was directed at my pick - just try and claim that Trunks is a good, well-designed, interesting, character

and not as just a tool to emphasise other character's powers, growth, and abilities
:invalid

What makes him unique/special?
What makes his personality different from other [powerful] characters?
How does he even stand out from other characters?
 
Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Never really cared for Trunks nor found him especially bad. For a major character he always felt rather meh, but I never got that “ugh, this guy is a waste of space” feeling when reading parts with him in them.

Haven’t reread the latter part of Dragon Ball for probably like ten years though (though I give the first part a read-through every other couple of years), so my opinion may have changed should I read it now.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,568
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
...Freaking awesome theme songs
:cookiehand
Oh I see.

So they realised that there was no way to make him an interesting character, as written into the manga, and instead tried to obfuscate with mediocre musical accompaniments?

This is a far better tune - and it's achieves that in a quarter of the time of any of Trunk's offerings
:invalid


Oh, and as further proof that an awesome theme music can't improve a man's character

 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
@Erinyes why do you hate Izaya? Is it a “he’s such a manipulative bastard, I hate him” sort of vote or do you genuinely think he’s poorly written? I honestly thought what he added to the story made things interesting, and for a manipulative wannabe god I never found myself really disliking him. Not my favorite character of the series but definitely not the worst either imo.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,568
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It's ok bud, some people like Rebecca Black too
I'm not going to judge you too harshly for liking average music

Funny, though, how it took another artist (the musician and not the person who designed and created the character) to make the character 'not bad' for you
:invalid
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
@Brandish when i mentionned Gon i meant him, (from hxh )

hope you didnt think it was a salty com, realized afterwards it might have been misunderstood. :s
Nah I didn't think you meant that Gon at all lol.

Picking this Gon though, that's a surprise. I quite like him myself.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,995
Reaction score
18,568
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
4 Points
Violently poked in the eye - at least the blindness which follows will stop you having to see the awful characters below

Asuka
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Emperor Spriggan

Chibiusa Tsukino
Sailor Moon
Linali

Hody Jones
One Piece
Organizized

Ryoko Asakura
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Gryffindor

Sawada Tsunayoshi
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Nii

Shuuya Nanahara
Battle Royale
Brandish

Sinbad
Magi
Belserion

Sir Nighteye
Boku no Hero Academia
FaustXIII

Yang Wenli

Legend of Galactic Heroes
GrySun

Vanilla Ice
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Erinyes​



Once again, it seems my picks are far too mainstream...
:emocat

That said, we still can all enjoy the wise words of our wonderful niichan
The symbol for the greatest weakness of this series. Characters that JUST DON'T CHANGE. Character development? What is that? It became more and more annoying until I could only roll my eyes towards the end

Now I've not read Hitman Reborn, though
Characters that JUST DON'T CHANGE
is something that I also think can really ruin my interest in a character - 'development' is key to an interesting story (and character).
 

uberfayt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
6,080
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
It's ok bud, some people like Rebecca Black too
I'm not going to judge you too harshly for liking average music

Funny, though, how it took another artist (the musician and not the person who designed and created the character) to make the character 'not shit' for you
:invalid
What's funny is that you think I'm actually standing up for Trunks' character


(the real salt fest will start when and if Goku makes it on the list :rolleyes:)...In the mean time, listen to this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: z.5

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
1,687
Reaction score
7,078
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Stil, nothing from my nominees. Am i that mainstream with my hate :hmm
A really big surprise seeing Sinbad in the ranking :o
 
Top