Hangout - Boku no Hero Academia Hangout Thread | Page 63 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I think the Lurkers were first brought up during the school festival right? Then the timeline makes sense. Teaming up with Edgeshot really shot his profile up the rankings. Would be nice if we got an idea how long Kamui has been hero-ing, the most the story indicates this may be 1-2 years.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, let me shed some light to you. I had a professor in university day who is exactly like Bakugou. He's not the friendliest person in the world, yelled at the students 80% of times, even fellow professors didn't hang out with him too much.
Yet we all respected him because he had the skills and wisdom. We still went to him for guidance even though we knew he might not treat us very nicely. He is brutally honest, won't sugarcoat things, and that's what we like about him.
People like Bakugou do exist and being admired for a reason.
if you are saying you had a teacher like bakugo then that means your teacher would reach to the most ordinary of interactions with violent threats and rather than answer questions like a person he'd either scream at people or answer needlessly useless things. Just look at how helpful bakugo was when he told midoriya he'd have already mastered OFA or when he told hawks he (hawks) wasn't faster than him (bakugo).

JennyLeo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
if you are saying you had a teacher like bakugo then that means your teacher would reach to the most ordinary of interactions with violent threats and rather than answer questions like a person he'd either scream at people or answer needlessly useless things. Just look at how helpful bakugo was when he told midoriya he'd have already mastered OFA or when he told hawks he (hawks) wasn't faster than him (bakugo).
First of all, this is fiction, okay. Horikoshi isn't the first who exaggerates characters' emotions to extreme level. Horikoshi made sure Bakugou lives up to his name 'King Explosion Murder'. Some readers find that kind of character more fascinating than goody two shoes like Deku.

Also, don't tell me you don't know that 16-18 years old can be immature. Back in my high school years, plenty of boys goofed around in class, used swear words in every sentence they said, starting a fight over trivial things, etc.

And Bakugo's 'death threats' has decreased little by little over the series, and people already figured out it's all empty threats. Some people find it funny, some don't, each on their own.
Mind you, he won't turn into a second Kirishima at the end of this series. That's what made him being no.1 (and not Deku) at every popularity poll, staying true to his explosive personality.

By now you probably realized Bakugo is a competitive person. Competitive people always say 'I can be better than you' to anyone. It's a good trait to have in real life. He wants to win something, he'll get it. Tenacity is a key to success in any scenario. But it's also his downfall, and in this series he'll learn how to use his competitive side in positive manner.

And, you're half correct about my teacher. While not everyday occurences, he could spew out the nastiest comments in front of your face. He didn't threaten to murder anyone, but he could straight up call someone 'useless' or 'stupid' if he felt like it and if the person deserved it.

Last edited:

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
think AFO won't be on Shigaraki's side any more after he gets out of Tartarus. Their goals alligned up to "I want to kill All Might", but since the last arc they have different goals. AFO wanted to build a legacy, Shigaraki only wants to destroy everything.
With AFO hearing his little brother's voice I think he will offer (or force) his quirk to Deku, so that AFO can continue to live inside OFA with his little brother.
I would not trust the words of All For One so much, nothing guarantees that they are not making fun of All Migth.

After all, why should an immortal be interested in leaving something?

Sirin

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
After all, why should an immortal be interested in leaving something?
Because, even though he’s technically immortal, his abilities are limited by his physical condition. He’s severely crippled, he depends on his life support system for breathing, eating and so on, he’s blind, even though he can “see” in infra-red. Yes, I’m aware he can move around for a limited period of time, but we can’t just disregard his numerous health issues.
And when humans feel the end is near, they try to leave some legacy.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
For me, All For One just wants to have fun, which is why he put on this game. Does he still have eternity in front of him, and if he doesn't play how does he fill the time?

In theory he has already won since he cannot die, even if a hero finds a way to kill him he should be one willing to do it and so he wouldn't be a hero ...

The only unexpected development would be that someone would find a way to steal the powers of AFO against his will (and in that case kill him) but even this would be quite trivial.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Last edited:

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I find last sentece about Nana Shimura very weird,compared to AFO words that "her death was pityfull and shame for hero". What if AFO said smth to Nana that broke her spirit and she gave up to AFO?

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I find last sentece about Nana Shimura very weird,compared to AFO words that "her death was pityfull and shame for hero". What if AFO said smth to Nana that broke her spirit and she gave up to AFO?
AFO didn't break's Nana's spirit Nana just understatement AFO.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Last edited:

KennyKuro

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

About the popularity poll: I thought we weren't going to have a popularity poll on this side of the world so this awesome news! Time to vote for my best boy! Also I guess we will have the JAP/USA results at the end of December or Beginning of January.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
There is something I am somewhat confused about. Back at the high end battle it was dabi who showed up with it and even specifically called out to ujiko to teleport him. So... how did the league suddenly lose contact with him? Or why did they lose contact? It looks like a rather awkward development. What am I missing here?

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
There is something I am somewhat confused about. Back at the high end battle it was dabi who showed up with it and even specifically called out to ujiko to teleport him. So... how did the league suddenly lose contact with him? Or why did they lose contact? It looks like a rather awkward development. What am I missing here?
What do you mean with lose contact? Who lost contact with whom?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What do you mean with lose contact? Who lost contact with whom?
The league with ujiko. One second you have dabi showing up with highends and calling on ujiko to teleport him and next you have the league half starved and without the means to contact the doctor.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The league with ujiko. One second you have dabi showing up with highends and calling on ujiko to teleport him and next you have the league half starved and without the means to contact the doctor.
That's because the High-End attack happened after the LoV met with Ujiko. While Endeavor was fighting against High-End, the LoV, minus Dabi, was fighting against Gigantomachia in order to subdue him.
And Dabi was working with Ujiko on these High-Ends. You can even see the High-End Endeavor fought with on this page:

Sirin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Just as ShenGao said, it’s all about the timeline. The battle in Fukuoka happened around the first week of December. And the first encounter with Gigantomachia and Ujiko is in the beginning of November.