[Bonus Round] Singles 1 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who is the strongest?

• Tezuka Kunimitsu

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Yukimura Seiichi

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Sanada Gen'ichirou

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Echizen Ryoma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Irie Kanata

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Oni Juujirou

• Ochi Tsukimitsu

• Niou Masaharu

• Tooyama Kintarou

• Atobe Keigo

• Mouri Jusaburou

• Fuji Shuusuke

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Determine the strongest Singles 1 player of the tournament.

NameTezuka Kunimitsu
SchoolSeishun Gakuen 3rd Year
Height179 cm
Weight58 kg
Dominant HandLeft
PlaystyleAll Rounder
TechniquesZero Shiki Drop Shot
Tezuka Zone
Hyakuren Jitoku no Kiwami
Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami
Zero Shiki Serve
Tezuka Phantom

NameYukimura Seiichi
TitleChild of God
SchoolRikkai Dai Fuzoku 3rd Year
Height175 cm
Weight61 kg
Dominant HandRight
PlaystyleAll Rounder
TechniquesYips

NameSanada Gen'ichirou
TitleEmperor
Height180 cm
Weight68 kg
Dominant HandRight
PlaystyleAll Rounder
TechniquesFuuRinKaInZanRai
Black Aura

NameEchizen Ryoma
TitleSuper Rookie of the East
SchoolSeishun Gakuen 1st Year
Height151 cm
Weight50 kg
Dominant HandLeft
PlaystyleAll Rounder
TechniquesTwist Serve
Drive A
Drive B
COOL Drive
Drive D

NameIrie Kanata
TitlePierrot
SchoolHigh School 3rd Year
Height178 cm
Weight68 kg
Dominant HandLeft
PlaystyleAll Rounder
Techniques -

NameOni Juujirou
TitleGatekeeper of Hell
Height187 cm
Weight83 kg
Dominant HandRight
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner
TechniquesBlack Jack Knife

NameOchi Tsukimitsu
TitleMental Assassin
Height226 cm
Weight???
Dominant HandRight
PlaystyleCounter Puncher
TechniquesMach

NameNiou Masaharu
TitleTrickster of the Court
Height175 cm
Weight62 kg
Dominant HandLeft
PlaystyleAll Rounder
TechniquesIllusion

NameTooyama Kintarou
TitleSuper Rookie of the West
SchoolShitenhouji 1st Year
Height151 cm
Weight52 kg
Dominant HandRight
PlaystyleAggressive Baseliner
TechniquesSuper Megaton Wonder Deluxe Yama Funka Serve
Super Ultra Great Delicious Daishaarin Yama Arashi

NameAtobe Keigo
TitleKing of Ice
SchoolHyoutei Gakuen 3rd Year
Height175 cm
Weight62 kg
Dominant HandRight
PlaystyleAll Rounder
TechniquesInsight
Tannhauser Serve
Shitsui e no FUGUE
Koori no Sekai
Atobe Kingdom

NameMouri Jusaburou
SchoolHigh School 1st Year
Height191 cm
Weight83 kg
Dominant HandRight
PlaystyleAll Rounder
Techniques -

NameFuji Shuusuke
TitleProdigy
SchoolSeishun Gakuen 3rd Year
Height167 cm
Weight53 kg
Dominant HandRight
PlaystyleTechnical Counter Puncher
TechniquesHouou Gaeshi
Kirin Otoshi
Hakuryuu
Kagero Zutsumi
Hecatoncheires no Monban
Hoshi Hanabi
Closed Eyes

The bonus round ends on Thursday, October 25th 8 PM GMT.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
As Teni Muhō No Kiwami isn't allowed, my vote goes for Yukimura.

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Love Fuji, although the strongest is Yukimura.

LetalHawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yukimura, for sure

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
This is because Yukimura was the only MSer chosen.
I'm not sure. I feel there was a reason for that.

Going only by what we have seen. It's Yuki.
Since Tezuka w/out TnK is Nationals!Tezuka. Nationals!Tezuka against current players is a bit difficult.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted for Atobe because he can just consult his new G10 friends and ask them how to deal with yips. I'm sure one of those guys will be like: "Yips is no problem! Just do this!" and then he'd beat Yukimura easily.

Oni probably should be the strongest player given current known abilities.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I voted for Atobe because he can just consult his new G10 friends and ask them how to deal with yips. I'm sure one of those guys will be like: "Yips is no problem! Just do this!" and then he'd beat Yukimura easily.
If only it were that simple. That you could just ask someone how to prevent Yips.

It would be like asking someone how to prevent Mental Pressure from Ochi. They don't work like that.
Don't you think Sanada his best friend would know how to prevent if anyone did?

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
If only it were that simple. That you could just ask someone how to prevent Yips.

It would be like asking someone how to prevent Mental Pressure from Ochi. They don't work like that.
Don't you think Sanada his best friend would know how to prevent if anyone did?
Who would've thought you can beat Hyakuren aura by just hitting the ball away from the user before Yukimura revealed it?

Of course he could get an answer like 'must be a noob if that tech still affects you' but it's always useful if you got a Data Tennis type guy for reference even in POT and the G10's knowledge obviously far exceeds any Data Tennis type guy.

POT has this tendency of guys 'in the know' knowing absolutely insane amount of stuff. Yukimura and Sanada knows more abou Tezuka than anyone else on his own team even though they didn't even play again after elementary school (Sanada never played Tezuka until this year). If you take the current NPOT frozen in time (so no one else moves into G10), give him like a week or even a few days and he's got to get even more insane powerups just from being surrounded by uber teammates and learning from their wisdom.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
You've written a lot of irrelevance.

What's to say Yukimura cannot take points off Atobe??
Atobe doesn't exactly have a great defence against the Top tier.

Yukimura has one of the best defenses in the series.
Yukimura's attack is solid.
Yuki isn't entirely Yips.

To say Atobe would win easily is just off.
It's not like Atobe has been sent to be able to use AK throughout a whole 6 games anyway.

He still loses points despite having activated WoI or AK.
Ryoma was taking points off of Atobe without TZ.

You go on as if Yukimura is just some weak character without Yips.
Despite him comfortably defeating Unyipped Ryoma and Unyipped Sanada.(Both without their crazy auras).
Something Atobe couldn't do.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure how Yukimura was beating Ryoma without yips once he can move the Hyakuren aura given it's a rather one-sided beatdown at that point before Ryoma can't hit the ball anymore due to yips.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
It's either Sanada/Yukimura/Echizen/Tezuka/Irie/Oni. That's a lot of contender. I don't think anyone can say with a straight face anyone of these can reliably beat another 100% of the time.

I'm not voting yet.

Oh, and honorably mention for Ochi, whom, according to Yukimura himself, can get service ace from Yukimura. That's worth mentioning. Yukimura say the ball is impossible to return after all. Atobe only returns it due to his insight. So Ochi might surprisingly be a good match for them, too. In the end, I think they'll over Mach somehow, though. But… that's hard to tell, really.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't really have any proof for it, necessarily, but I think Irie's currently the strongest of the listed players. Of course, with TnK, Tezuka's above any of them, but there's no TnK here.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who would've thought you can beat Hyakuren aura by just hitting the ball away from the user before Yukimura revealed it?

Of course he could get an answer like 'must be a noob if that tech still affects you' but it's always useful if you got a Data Tennis type guy for reference even in POT and the G10's knowledge obviously far exceeds any Data Tennis type guy.

POT has this tendency of guys 'in the know' knowing absolutely insane amount of stuff. Yukimura and Sanada knows more abou Tezuka than anyone else on his own team even though they didn't even play again after elementary school (Sanada never played Tezuka until this year). If you take the current NPOT frozen in time (so no one else moves into G10), give him like a week or even a few days and he's got to get even more insane powerups just from being surrounded by uber teammates and learning from their wisdom.
i thought chitose, beat it when he faced tezuka

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
i thought chitose, beat it when he faced tezuka
He also had Saiki. I seriously doubt he could've beaten Tezuka in a rally without it. Sure the same basic strategy can be used without Saiki (don't use any fancy moves) but without Saiki telling you the exact sequence of rally needed, it could easily be Tezuka end up winning the rally after 40 exchanges as opposed to Chitose.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada. I mean, Black Aura is fair game whereas PoP isn't, so.... obviously.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanada. I mean, Black Aura is fair game whereas PoP isn't, so.... obviously.
If Black Aura is just a stat upgrade it can't even overcome World of Ice let alone Atobe Kingdom, though I'm inclined to agree with the fanfiction explanation of "Black Aura prevents vision tech". I mean, it actuall makes a lot of sense that if you're surrounded by this tangible aura of blackness you shouldn't be able to x-ray vision your way through the aura.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Black Aura is just a stat upgrade it can't even overcome World of Ice let alone Atobe Kingdom, though I'm inclined to agree with the fanfiction explanation of "Black Aura prevents vision tech". I mean, it actuall makes a lot of sense that if you're surrounded by this tangible aura of blackness you shouldn't be able to x-ray vision your way through the aura.
Your logic is so foreign to me. All auras are stat upgrades. PoP included. All an aura does is raise your tier/overall ability level. That's it. It doesn't matter what aura it is. I find it absolutely absurd to say that Black Aura merely "makes people not see good." Not only does that not make sense in light of the fact Yukimura was able to SEE Sanada within the aura, but it also does not explain why Sanada's shot was so fast that it was able to rip Yukimura's headband in half, and proceed to put a hole in the fence. Sorry, I ain't buying that one.

Also, I guess I still have not said this enough:

World of Ice DOES NOT effect Sanada due to SHADOW. WoI is "insight based." Insight does not work on Sanada anymore, hence why Saiki (which is way better than Atobe's insight) did not work.

Last edited:

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
@Fayte

I agree with you about auras boosting stats.

However, Shadow > World of Ice? I don't think so from your argument.
I think that you take the word "insight" way too literally. So far in the series there have been 3 "insights". Momo's Calm Insight, SKnK's Brilliant Insight and Atobe's Insight (sight as in eyesight). Shadow > any form of Brilliant Insight (data tennis). Not Shadow > WoI because it is "insight based".

What do SKnK and World of Ice have in common? SKnK is super data tennis and World of Ice is extreme vision. However, I will agree Shadow > any data tennis.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Fayte

I agree with you about auras boosting stats.

However, Shadow > World of Ice? I don't think so from your argument.
I think that you take the word "insight" way too literally. So far in the series there have been 3 "insights". Momo's Calm Insight, SKnK's Brilliant Insight and Atobe's Insight (sight as in eyesight). Shadow > any form of Brilliant Insight (data tennis). Not Shadow > WoI because it is "insight based".

What do SKnK and World of Ice have in common? SKnK is super data tennis and World of Ice is extreme vision. However, I will agree Shadow > any data tennis.
I disagree. Nowhere in the text does it make a distinction (outside of where the focus of that insight is) between any of these. You people are the ones making them all different. Insight is insight. The only difference here is Momo's, which is the observation of the environment around him, which is the same as Fuji. However, both Chitose and Atobe use the observation of the "opponent." Chitose does not get some magical powers to just "know" stuff. His mental game increases dramatically as he observes his opponent in order to "predict" what they will naturally do. He is also able to understand the "strategy" of the opponent (Chitose knew Tachibana purposely hit the ball to his good side). Atobe's insight is no different, because he observes his opponent and looks for patterns in movement. Atobe knew Tezuka's arm was hurting because it was off-pattern. Atobe uses WoI based on "patterns" of movement, and hits to the angles they have never reached for. All insight needs a scientific control pattern to notice a change. All insight requires a pattern, which is why Sanada is invulnerable to it. There is no pattern, therefore making prediction impossible.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's a very classic cliche in sports manga about how since the eye cannot see a complete arc in front of you there's some spot that'd appear invisible to your eyes. If you play with an eyepatch you'd have even more blind spots, and it wouldn't even be very hard to figure out where the other guy can't see at all with some experience

World of Ice is an extreme form of such things. It's the result of putting bogus science together to deduce a blind spot as a intrinsic property of the physical world. Hiding your emotion would do nothing against it. Put it this way, if Sanada starts playing with an eyepatch like he currently does, then there's a rather wide arc he cannot because he has only one eye. World of Ice will reveal wherever he can't see as icicles since you obviously can't return shots you cannot even see at all. You can hide your emotions and whatever but it doesn't change the fact that your blind spot is still exactly the same as what it was before.

Atobe Kingdom is even more extreme since now he can see your joints and from there he can deduce there's certain angle you cannot possibly swing your racket to and thus hitting to that spot guaranteeds point. Again hiding your thoughts does nothing against it. Atobe can still see your joints through his vision and even if he has no idea what you're thinking, it doesn't change the fact that since your joint can only bend a certain way, you still wouldn't be able to reach the same blind spots.

As of right now Atobe Kingdom is quite possibly the strongest overall offensive move, with no apparent energy costs to activate and cannot be stopped except for dislocating your joints, which obviously only works once. That said it's a move that relies on supernatural vision (Atobe can literally see the world in x-ray) and it'd be reasonable to say a supernatural black aura prevents the x-rays from working.

Status
Not open for further replies.