Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Oh, that's nice. I forgot all about that, sorry! ^__^
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

In chapter 67 when Clare and Mira have a little sparring match Deneve plays narrator and goes over the whole thing.:)

Clare switched from Irene's "quick sword" or "flash sword" which is a releasing of yoma energy to one arm to Flora's "windcutter" which is a rapid drawing of the sword cutting and sheathing of it which doesn't use yoki at all, thereby enabling her to fight without using yoki.

For Mira the "new mirage" is not based on yoki its all based on her basic speed somehow(the manga wasn't very specific) which makes her speed slower than before but she can do it pretty much endlessly, as opposed to her old mirage which was faster but had a limited number of executions and worked exactly like you said.

The thing that i'm wondering about is whether or not Galatea was using yoma energy when she was fighting. Because she has no eyes to change it's really hard to tell. Back when she took on Duff she said her power goes up the most of all 47 when she uses yoki, but she doesn't like to use it because it makes her look ugly. I'm thinking, since her body didn't change like it did back then, she wasn't using much if any. I'm curious what other people's thoughts are on this.
 
Last edited:

cate87

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 6, 2006
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Clare has become qutie strong, I wonder if she's th e 'second really strong person' Miata'd talked about?
Regarding this matter, is it possible that she's not talking about 2 different person, but she refers to teresa's and irene's smell in claire's body?
 

Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

And at last, did you recognized that Galatea was drawn without the scar on her face?
Can it be, that its because of the long realese frequency that he forgot that she had a scar ^^.
I doubt that he forgot. Probably it's a sign that she is already regenerating her eyes. ;)

The thing that i'm wondering about is whether or not Galatea was using yoma energy when she was fighting. Because she has no eyes to change it's really hard to tell. Back when she took on Duff she said her power goes up the most of all 47 when she uses yoki, but she doesn't like to use it because it makes her look ugly. I'm thinking, since her body didn't change like it did back then, she wasn't using much if any. I'm curious what other people's thoughts are on this.
Oh I believe she did. Check ch#74, page 24. You will see Galatea's arm when she first holds her claymore with no veins (saying that brute line which I didn't think Galatea would ever say) and then you see the veins surfacing on her arm with the familiar yoki-usage sound effect before sending Miata off flying.


Similar panels had focused on her arm with the same "biki" sound effect when she is about to swing her claymore.

P.S. Jammin, aren't you "Lights of Euphoria" in Animesuki? :p

Regarding this matter, is it possible that she's not talking about 2 different person, but she refers to teresa's and irene's smell in claire's body?
I really doubt that. Teresa's yoki is now Clare's. Some theories are being based upon that but because Japanese can be so confusing nobody could really tell.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Oh I believe she did. Check ch#74, page 24. You will see Galatea's arm when she first holds her claymore with no veins (saying that brute line which I didn't think Galatea would ever say) and then you see the veins surfacing on her arm with the familiar yoki-usage sound effect before sending Miata off flying.
Your probably right. I noticed the arm thing but it seemed a lot less pronounced than it was back in chapter 46. She really hulked up when she used her yoki that time.

Anima said:
P.S. Jammin, aren't you "Lights of Euphoria" in Animesuki?
No, but to be confused with me he must be pretty cool.:D This is the only forum i ever post on and, in the rare cases that i post on another forum, i always use the same name.
 

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

It would be really awesome, if Galatea would get back her eyes. Back then, Irene said that she's able to grew out a completely new arm by herself because she's defensive fighter, but of course the wound was fresh. I hope Galatea will restore her eyes and join the Northern warriors.
 

Unholy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
45
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

It would be really awesome, if Galatea would get back her eyes. Back then, Irene said that she's able to grew out a completely new arm by herself because she's defensive fighter, but of course the wound was fresh. I hope Galatea will restore her eyes and join the Northern warriors.
Defensive fighters can regenerate whenever they want even if the wound is not fresh.The problem lies on the offensive ones they cant grow new arms/legs (with yoki) and if the wound is closed they cant attach their lost arm/leg back, the offensive ones can still grow back arms/legs but those new are normal human arms/legs without the yoki making it pretty useless for a fighter.
 

Tendou88

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2008
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

wow chapter 78 was so awesome

watched it 3-4 times over now

will they recruit galatea or not..
 

Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

No, but to be confused with me he must be pretty cool.:D This is the only forum i ever post on and, in the rare cases that i post on another forum, i always use the same name.
Actually, she is a female and I confused you because of your similar sigs :)

It would be really awesome, if Galatea would get back her eyes. Back then, Irene said that she's able to grew out a completely new arm by herself because she's defensive fighter, but of course the wound was fresh. I hope Galatea will restore her eyes and join the Northern warriors.
Irene is offensive not defensive but it's like Unholy said.
 

Sci-Fi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
49
Reaction score
32
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

And at last, did you recognized that Galatea was drawn without the scar on her face?
Can it be, that its because of the long realese frequency that he forgot that she had a scar ^^.
Don't think Yagi forgot, some artists do that if they want to convey a certain emotion better or clearer. Galatea's scar comes and goes all through the chapter. Not really a big deal or any foreshadowing.
 

terrorei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Don't think Yagi forgot, some artists do that if they want to convey a certain emotion better or clearer. Galatea's scar comes and goes all through the chapter. Not really a big deal or any foreshadowing.
I don't think so. Galatea had her scar all the time in this chapter. But I agree with you, that there are missing in some other pictures in previous chapters. But it was only than when it wasn't possible to draw some good looking face with eyes and in addition the scar otherwise she would look like robocop...

2. As far as I got it. Every Claymore can regenerate herself, over a long time period. The only Problem of the offensive type is that the new grown body parts don't have the same strength as before, but nearly with the strength of a normal human.
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

terrorei said:
Every Claymore can regenerate herself, over a long time period. The only Problem of the offensive type is that the new grown body parts don't have the same strength as before, but nearly with the strength of a normal human.
Offensive can re-attach, but not regenerate, and you got it right about it having the strength of a normal human. Only defensive can regenerate, but still takes them a long time to grow the limb back.
 

Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Offensive can re-attach, but not regenerate, and you got it right about it having the strength of a normal human. Only defensive can regenerate, but still takes them a long time to grow the limb back.
Offensive and defensive type can regenerate. The difference is that offensive ones take a long time to regenerate and the regenerated limb is weaker than that of a human one. Irene is offensive and she said "From now, I will start regenerating. It will take a few months, but I should be able to grow a normal arm".

Defensive can regenerate much faster. Yoma (The claymore not monsters) lost an arm in the war of the north and Miria declared that she wont be able to fight for a "while". She was able to participate on the second assault altho the regeneration wasn't fully complete so the regeneration was fast and in case of Deneve, it was instantly.

BTW, what's the policy of posting fan arts here? whether it's mine or not; where can I find some guidelines/rule? I have crap load of Claymore fan art that I can post here :)
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

BTW, what's the policy of posting fan arts here? whether it's mine or not; where can I find some guidelines/rule? I have crap load of Claymore fan art that I can post here :)
You should make a thread in the Manga Art and then link it here.
 

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I'm eager to see the artworks Anima ^^ Have you already posted them?
 

hagger

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Offensive and defensive type can regenerate. The difference is that offensive ones take a long time to regenerate and the regenerated limb is weaker than that of a human one. Irene is offensive and she said "From now, I will start regenerating. It will take a few months, but I should be able to grow a normal arm".

Defensive can regenerate much faster. Yoma (The claymore not monsters) lost an arm in the war of the north and Miria declared that she wont be able to fight for a "while". She was able to participate on the second assault altho the regeneration wasn't fully complete so the regeneration was fast and in case of Deneve, it was instantly.
I think this is one of the bits where the series contradicts itself. At another point (chapter 35, I think) Ophelia says that "Offensive types can never fully regenerate themselves." Before being a total badass and becoming one of my fav characters, but never mind that part! ;)
But yeah, Claymore does this quite a bit. Theres all this talk about how the Yoki within them will eventually take over them... yet there are all these cases of people like Miria and the people who were up north for 7 years, who never had any problems. I mean, even given that they were suppressing their Yoki... I don't think it would have had such an extreme effect. Surely one of them would have gone mad by now, without being brought back. And the same applies to how those who are "half-awakened" could permanently awaken at any time. It just never happens.

I know Manga plots aren't really supposed to be perfect, but its fun to poke holes! :p

[EDIT]: Nice art! I just can't understand how people can have the patience to make stuff like that... my attention span is far too short, hehe!
 
Last edited:

terrorei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I think this is one of the bits where the series contradicts itself. At another point (chapter 35, I think) Ophelia says that "Offensive types can never fully regenerate themselves." Before being a total badass and becoming one of my fav characters, but never mind that part! ;)
I think, you should just turn the page and read what she says further...

But yeah, Claymore does this quite a bit. Theres all this talk about how the Yoki within them will eventually take over them... yet there are all these cases of people like Miria and the people who were up north for 7 years, who never had any problems. I mean, even given that they were suppressing their Yoki... I don't think it would have had such an extreme effect. Surely one of them would have gone mad by now, without being brought back. And the same applies to how those who are "half-awakened" could permanently awaken at any time. It just never happens.

I know Manga plots aren't really supposed to be perfect, but its fun to poke holes! :p
There are also a simple explanation. They don't know that there is a possibility to turn back. It's the same with a car, if you don't know that you can drive backwards, you will always drive forward, till somebody tell you, you can drive backwards...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

There are also a simple explanation. They don't know that there is a possibility to turn back. It's the same with a car, if you don't know that you can drive backwards, you will always drive forward, till somebody tell you, you can drive backwards...
I agree. Either this was something the organization hasn't found out yet, or that they did and tried to hush it up, making the claymores believe they shouldn't use too much of their power or they'll become monsters. I'm guessing it's the latter. They need to inject some sort of fear to control the claymores, otherwise the claymores could turn against them when they realize their potentials. Which is exactly what is happening with the 7 right now.
 

Unholy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
45
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I think this is one of the bits where the series contradicts itself. At another point (chapter 35, I think) Ophelia says that "Offensive types can never fully regenerate themselves." Before being a total badass and becoming one of my fav characters, but never mind that part! ;)
Boy u should pa ymore attencion on what u are reading, yes "offensive tupes can never fully regenerate themselves" thats correct they can grown back arms whoever those new arms will be as strong as a normal human arm with means it is senseless and useless for a claymore since they will lose their streght speed and fast regenerating abilitys.If a claymore just plan on living a normal life lke irena that wouldnt be an issue whoever for someone that wanna keep fighting a normal arm would decrease her fighting skills alot.Now about that awakening thing... it was never really stated what goes on claire only said that usually after a long time using yoki they lose control, can take a short or a long time to happen... thats pretty vague so it is not like as if it was stated that every claymore will lose control at some point.
 
Top