KiSwordsman

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
1,211
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I swear Akira & DBZ is the only Manga/Anime that gets away with this s**^+....

It's a big discrepancy; X That seems the only way I personally could make sense of it. But we never know this may get cleaned up in upcoming chapters.
I have a bitched about this forever. Nobody cares about it anymore. Toriyama has gotten away with such bullshit that people actually expected from him."But It's Dragon ball…" And it's such garbage. No other author could get away with this mess. People tore and continue to tear Kubo apart for a third of the shit that Toriyama pulls. (For the record I'm not and never was a bleach fan)

It's utterly infuriating.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, the Dragon Balls were introduced in the first volume of Dragon Ball, the afterlife a little later with Baba the Witch, so more or less what you wrote should be read like "DB is a manga without any thrill", and it simply isn't true. I mean, apart from the battles during the Tenkaichi almost every battle was till death. Goku VS Piccolo. Goku VS Vegeta. Goku VS Freeza. Are these battles without thrill? Come on.
The thing about this though, at least in Dragon ball collecting the Dragon balls was a feat. It took an entire arc for that stuff to happen. When the afterlife was introduced, it wasn't something that was in any way constantly in our face that is to say it wasn't something that was easily reached and tangible.

That all changed with DBZ, especially after the Freeza saga. The Namekian Dragon balls were introduced (far more broken if more monkeys paw-ish than the earth Dragon balls), Goku could instantly teleport from one place to another, events lost their urgency and consequence.

Example: the boo saga after Vegeta blew himself up. Everyone was sitting there crying over his and *Gohan's death. Why though? Yeah, the death of a loved one is very traumatic and very sad. That alone is something to cry about, but in the Dragon ball world where people can be revived and literally communicate with the dead, what the hell are you crying for? Even if they didn't have access to the earth Dragon balls because Boo was on a rampage or whatever, uhhh Namek?

Those Dragon balls still exist. The only person in that group that had any reason to cry was Videl who didn't know them, and didn't know their adventures. Had no idea about the Dragon balls etc. To her, when someone died they died and you can't get them back. And she was just starting to get a lady boner for Gohan.

Everyone else however, among some who had come back multiple times…


I will admit that fights can be exciting for what they are but consequences to said fights are diminished when you have magical items that are no longer a feat and a half to collect that can reverse anything that comes about due to said fight.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
Chapter 20 Korean scans.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
SSR is canon after all. And Trunks can use Solar Flare now. He is getting too many new moves.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,501
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Such a load of crap, suddenly SSJ2 Black is able to keep up with SSB Vegeta, and out of nowhere he gets SSR ? This was horrendous
 

KiSwordsman

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
1,211
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 20 Korean scans.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
SSR is canon after all. And Trunks can use Solar Flare now. He is getting too many new moves.
To be honest, I can handle him using the solar flare far more than I can handle him pulling the spirit bomb out of his butt and combining it with this sword because of reasons.

People could suspend their disbelief and say that he learned it from Goku, Tien or Krillin during the last time he visited. It's still bullshit don't get me wrong, but it's more manageable bullshit.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
??? Do ya even read the language the raw is in??? Sheesh give it a few days before you get ya panties in a twist...We don't even know the context of the fight during this chapter....It seems like Goku Black absorbs some of SSB Vegeta's power...either way it's looking like a pretty darn decent chapter if you ask me.

I just don't get how you don't understand the context of the chapter, yet you can cast an opinion on the whole thing...it baffles my reasoning.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
??? Do ya even read the language the raw is in??? Sheesh give it a few days before you get ya panties in a twist...We don't even know the context of the fight during this chapter....It seems like Goku Black absorbs some of SSB Vegeta's power...either way it's looking like a pretty darn decent chapter if you ask me.

I just don't get how you don't understand the context of the chapter, yet you can cast an opinion on the whole thing...it baffles my reasoning.
Forgot to post it. Herms translated it today(only text): Link.

At least the Zenkai mystery is solved. Goku and Vegeta can't get huge power ups anymore because of their intense training. I don't remember Gohan using Solar Flare before but this is an alternative future anyway, it's okay I guess.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,218
Reaction score
3,041
Age
34
Country
England
So "Broly" is canon now expect this time a girl. And we have a Joker and Harley Quinn God of Destruction and Angle combo awesome.
 

llamapie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,564
Reaction score
1,384
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I'd like to put my 2 cents in about the plot issues. I am a huge DB fan, DBZ like many others here is something I grew up with. Super so far is a massive disappointment and mostly because it's canon but doesn't reach the quality that DB or DBZ had in both style and plot. I think it's because Toriyama doesn't care, he's been done for decades now but he keeps getting pushed back in. $$ reasons. Everyone's gripes here are legit. I'll only argue against the Dragonballs being a cheap plot point. They are SUPER convenient yea but DBZ is first and foremost a shonen, there will never be true "death" in most shonens. Just how it is.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
The anime preview for the upcoming arc looks pretty dope...Lol @ The clown & Harely Quinn God Of Destructions & Angel; Plus The Emperor palpatine looking opponent. Was that a Female Broly!! Wow Wtf Super that's ridiculously awesome can't wait to see how her character plays out & how strong she'll be.

Manga Ch.20....IMO the manga does a better job at explaining the plot & relevancy of power levels & power boost. DBZ plot was better but this isn't a far stretch IMO, Goku Black simply was taking ass whoopings on purpose to keep using Zenkai boost so he could unlock Super Sayain Rose.....DBS seems to be speeding through these arcs however, & I personally believe it's because they don't want the anime to be too far ahead...The anime is still using a sort of layout from the manga then tweaking it a bit.

End of the day I personally think it's redundant to rant about certain aspects of The Dragon Ball Franchise. FT & DBZ/S have similar mechanics but In modern anime such simpleness is no longer accepted on a high note especially when the plot becomes to silly
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
y'all didn't like this chapter? I thought it was good but not as good as last one cause power scaling is back at it again with the wonkiness. It's fine though, the explanation Black gave has been know since Dragon Ball days. Plus he entered SSR so I'm cool with it. The dub of DBS has begun airing so I'll be watching for the differences.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Yeah this was a better chapter than last week, just was confused lowkey on the 3rd Gowasu being killed. What timeline is he from?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yeah this was a better chapter than last week, just was confused lowkey on the 3rd Gowasu being killed. What timeline is he from?
The first one who is from the timeline where Zamasu initiated his plan and the second one is from Future Trunks's timeline. The third who appeared is the one who has been saved by Beerus and Whis.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Ch.21 has been impressively done. I rather it much more than the anime..it grounds the whole Mutiple Timelines, & which Zamasu or Goku Black is from what time; much much better than the anime did, I never get lost, as to where the anime made you pause, & do like 3 different diagrams & ish..So far DBS manga Goku Black arc is dope asf
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
Chapter 22 is out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Vegeta looks good in SSG but I don't like that strategy very much. I have the impression that Toyotarou is trying to rationalizing things too much and it makes thing overcomplicated. If you can solve the drawback of SSB like that, doesn't it mean that Goku could have done the same with his SSJ3 form? And there is Black who keeps getting humiliated. SSB is not really impressive in the manga.
 

KiSwordsman

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 12, 2008
Messages
3,457
Reaction score
1,211
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 22 is out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Vegeta looks good in SSG but I don't like that strategy very much. I have the impression that Toyotarou is trying to rationalizing things too much and it makes thing overcomplicated. If you can solve the drawback of SSB like that, doesn't it mean that Goku could have done the same with his SSJ3 form? And there is Black who keeps getting humiliated. SSB is not really impressive in the manga.
Personally, I don't think it matters. This is not due to any dislike for black, just just the fact that I don't care, once again personal opinion, what the manga has to say about anything.

You're right on the fact that the author seems to try to rationalize certain aspects of the anime. However, I think I'm seeing a pattern in what he chooses to put in and leave out. A lot of the things that he changed seem to be towards Vegeta's benefit. It might Just be me, I might just be paranoid, I don't imagine that there is any type of bias, it just comes off that way to me and it seems a little weird. I mean, making Goku slightly less stupid is neat. However, the primary changes seen to do mostly with Vegeta.

Oh, Vegeta gets his butt kicked by Hit? It's only because he can't go in and out of SSB constantly. Let's have him completely stomp on black in their first meeting instead of getting his crap kicked in by base black. In their second meeting, let's have a go SSG and stomp on him again. Also forgoing all of the things that black accomplished in the anime either to keep things simple or because he doesn't agree with them.

The one change that I'd say that I like is that the fusion looks less like the Zamasu with super Sayian hair and more like an actual fusion between himself and Goku.

Also the utter lack of trunks pulling stuff out of his Butt (Minus solar flare)
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,312
Reaction score
24,932
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, so the anime just went batshit insane... Goku in SSB should end worlds and start universes with a sneeze. Instead we have krillin and 17 being actual challenges to him. I could have believed krillin could use the tournament rules against gohan in his base form but once SS kicks in that's over. And then the bit with krillin clashing his kamehameha with gokus.... come on, that should have destroyed the earth, let alone krillin. I am hoping the manga fixes this considerably.
 
Top