Conditional - Erza vs Acnologia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Conditional Erza vs Acnologia

Who wins?

• Total voters

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
'The Queen of Fairies' Erza vs 'The King of Dragons' Acnologia

Now before you flip that table, do read the conditions.

Conditions
  • Erza is in Benisakura - Red Pants. She cannot requip into anything else.
  • One of her swords has been enchanted by Wendy's Sky Dragon Slayer Magic. This is permanent
  • Erza has PoF and Makarov's power at her disposal - the same amount she acquired against Irene
  • Acnologia starts in dragon form and immobolised allowing Erza 5 free slashes. After that Acno can move
  • Erza wins by slashing Acnologia out of dragon form, or by KO/kill
  • Acno wins if he can secure a KO/kill

This is not intended as a joke, or troll thread. I'm keen to see what the punters think.

Erza's copped a lot of bashing, and it won't be tolerated here.

Just state your opinion on whether or not Erza can do a similar thing to Acnologia like she did to Irene given the conditions. Or how this fight would go down, etc. And of course just voting will do.

Your verdict is??

MonkeyD-Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I come online after waking up and find you posting this, what the bloody hell are you thinking @Brandish ?! :fail
Lets see how this scenario goes : :edumacated
Erza gets fodderstomped by Acnologia until the very last moment, she gives a nakama speech.....
Acnologia be like :wowsoBOB
Erza then gets up and is about to slash Acnologia without DS power-up because she's Erza....
Acnologia then is like :pim and says "What in the name of fucking dragons is this magic power ??!!" a he is stunned by Erza's power.......
Then Erza one shots. :pwned, because she's Erza...
This is a stomp thread so no need for it to even exist. :no
Legend says people could hear Igneel laughing at Acnologia's corpse from heaven. :nuts

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
That might be an unpopular opinion, or even blasphemy on my part but in my opinion..........
Acno stomps.
:kappa

Nah alright let's be serious. I'm genuinely thinking it might not be as easy to determine as it looks.

When her sword were imbued with DS magic, Erza needed only one slash to get Irene out of her Dragon form. It wasn't even a powerful slash by the looks of it really, she was just kinda falling on Irene and slashing here. There wasn't much power into that slash compared to the slash that destroyed the meteor.
Anyway, a full-powered Erza, not one with broken bones everywhere, should be able to put more power into her slash, thereby inflicting more damage in that one slash.
And she's allowed 5 of these slashes against an immobilized Acno.

I know that everyone would agree that Acno one shots Erza anytime when not heavily nerfed like right here.
Now the question is: when not able to defend himself at all, can he tank 5 full-powered DS slashes from Erza, considering that 1 "weak" DS slash was enough to defeat a regular (i'm assuming Dragon Irene is just a regular dragon, not Igneel or even a parent dragon's level) dragon?

By the way he's been described, i tend to think he can. I do believe Dragon Acno >>>>>>>>> Dragon Irene. But i might just underrate Dragon Irene whose showing was SO mediocre that she got one shot by a weak slash who just happened to be imbued with DS magic.
Let's be real, if defeating Acno was as easy as some DS slashes from an Erza level character... We'd have been misled that entire time :notamused

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I come online after waking up and find you posting this, what the bloody hell are you thinking @Brandish ?! :fail
Lets see how this scenario goes : :edumacated
Erza gets fodderstomped by Acnologia until the very last moment, she gives a nakama speech.....
Acnologia be like :wowsoBOB
Erza then gets up and is about to slash Acnologia without DS power-up because she's Erza....
Acnologia then is like :pim and says "What in the name of fucking dragons is this magic power ??!!" a he is stunned by Erza's power.......
Then Erza one shots. :pwned, because she's Erza...
This is a stomp thread so no need for it to even exist. :no
Legend says people could hear Igneel laughing at Acnologia's corpse from heaven. :nuts
You think Erza can win without DSM? She only stopped a meteorite, Acno's tanky

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
You think Erza can win without DSM? She only stopped a meteorite, Acno's tanky
But you included PoF, Acno was done when he faced someone with PoF.
DSM means nothing really, its just dragon magic, if I were to think like Hiro, Erza would take Irene's DSM and one shot Acno, but that would make some sense(even if its BS) so I didn't put that out.
All you gotta do is think like Mashima, you'll understand FT when you do that.
Oh, and nobody tanks PoF, that is the one rule in the universe that won't be broken.Acnologia is no exception.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not really sure about this one to be honest... It can go either way.
  • Erza Scarlet < Acnologia [??? Difficulty]
This match actually brings up an interesting point. What causes a slayer to revert back to their original form? We saw with Chelia that she was able to cancel out Dimaria's God Soul Takeover. Similarly, Erza with a little bit of DS magic can slash Irene out of her dragon form. But is it the nature of their magic or their actual power that causes this? With that said, I'd say this fight is inconclusive.

Nonetheless, I voted for Acnologia because if this was a knock-out match, then it's pretty one-sided. Even with the advantages given to Erza...

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Acnologia.

Dragon Slaying magic is just enchanting a human with a dragon's power. Wendy's powers are based off Grandeeney's. Wendy being able to enchant Erza's sword into being able to knock Irene out of her dragon form simply tells us that Grandeeney would have oneshotted Irene. Acnologia is stronger than Grandeeney, by huge margins. Acnologia is able to tank attacks from Igneel, let alone Grandeeney. Wendy's DSM is arguably useless. Acnologia is a lot more resistant to pain than Irene is. You can tear off a limb from Acnologia, and he would still remain in his dragon form. On the other hand, a claw attack from Acnologia also wouldn't simply break bones. It would most likely tear flesh.

Even accounting for hype and Hiro's writing, Acnologia would still win. The fact of the matter is, Acnologia is hyped up to be a final villain. In terms of plot immunity, he's golden until it's his time to be taken down in the final battle. The person most likely to take him down is also going to be the main character, being Natsu. The best we can hope for until then is for Acnologia's victims to survive due to plot device like Fairy Sphere or Universe One.

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Not really sure about this one to be honest... It can go either way.
  • Erza Scarlet < Acnologia [??? Difficulty]
This match actually brings up an interesting point. What causes a slayer to revert back to their original form? We saw with Chelia that she was able to cancel out Dimaria's God Soul Takeover. Similarly, Erza with a little bit of DS magic can slash Irene out of her dragon form. But is it the nature of their magic or their actual power that causes this? With that said, I'd say this fight is inconclusive.

Nonetheless, I voted for Acnologia because if this was a knock-out match, then it's pretty one-sided. Even with the advantages given to Erza...
It can't be the nature of DS magic though because Acnologia was struck with DS magic on Tenrou before and it didn't affect him at all. Power comes into account here. and PoF as well heh.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It can't be the nature of DS magic though because Acnologia was struck with DS magic on Tenrou before and it didn't affect him at all. Power comes into account here. and PoF as well heh.
Hmm... You've got a point. I guess a better way to phrase the question is "How much dragon slaying power is needed revert the slayer?"

TO Chelia's best spell canceled Dimaria's takeover, yet she was relatively unharmed. Same goes for Irene. Erza canceled her Dragon Form but she didn't take any major damage from the slash.

So at what point is it enough? I guess it's sort of a combination. Canceling definitely has to do with the nature of the their magic but also the the amount of power put in. Whether someone as strong as Erza can do it to Acnologia remains to be seen. Especially with Nakagami Starlight + DS magic.

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
:m3j:cookiestarewhat the hell brandish..we all knows the answer..nakama dragon powered up erza stomp acnologia easy like really easy not even a contest :thornscream

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Virgin Queen wins this with no difficulty:cheez:cheez:cheez:cheez

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
good old @Axiomus taking this thread seriously :cheez

anyway, Erza stomps via plot armor.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, actually, this is hard to tell.

Per the conditions, it seems that Erza's PoF (and Makarov's spirit/power) has to be accounted for, which automatically tips the scale in her favor. She also has the DS enchanted sword and is at full power in this battle, unlike her fake condition during Irene's match. At the same time, Erza only has to slash Acnologia out of dragon form to win..

On the other hand, this is Acnologia we're talking about here. He has feats, portrayal, and hype all on his side. But there's one condition that may stop me from not choosing him as the victor..

And that's the 4th point.. Acnologia is a statue until Erza lays 5 hits of her choice.

Honestly speaking, now it's too close to call. The overall outcome in this match-up all depends on Erza's strategic moves.

I'm assuming she hits the 5 most critical areas, which would be her only chance of canceling out Acnologia's dragon form:

1. No doubt, her first two hits would have to be going for both Acnologia's eyes. That would immediately use up 2/5 hits. Not only will this blind Acnologia when he gets to move again, but the sheer pain may cancel out Acnologia's dragon form, thus giving Erza the instant win, which is what she needs.

This is kinda hax, cuz Erza can technically just not use the remaining 3 hits and stand there, waiting for Acnologia's blood to completely drain out. But I'm gonna assume this is not the case, only because that would be a cheap move.

2. If Acnologia still hasn't lost yet, then that means her chances of winning are pretty slim. She has the option to use the remaining 3 slashes on his Acnologia's neck area, but it could honestly be anywhere at this point. I would go for the neck area myself because it seems to be the most vulnerable part and probably the most painful too if you want to cause Acnologia to revert back to his human form.

Considering these conditions, there's no way I can vote for Acnologia, to be fair. I'm not gonna try to guess his power right now. At the same time, everybody knows I hold Acnologia to the highest regards. And I'm not willing to give Erza the win here either. Only time will tell if the victor of this battle is indeed Acnologia or Erza.

As a result, I deem this battle "Too close to call", as the poll offers.

Rating of this match: 5/5 for the in-depth points of the conditions.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Acno stomps, absolutely annihilates Erza. You could give her a thousand free slashes and he wouldnt even feel it. If Acno can shrug off an FD Roar from Igneel himself, then he no sells anything Erza throws at him regardless of slaying advantage.
We're talking about a guy who is on par, or more likely stronger than Zeref with Fairy Heart and every spriggan combined including a dragon slayer(God Serena) and a dragon(Eileen).

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, but this match isn't close at all. Igneel's claws are as sharp as any sword. Igneel's dragon slaying magic is far greater than Wendy's DS magic. Acnologia can probably tank 5 of Igneel's claw attacks, without any major injuries.
Then he just bites Erza once, and its over.

Acno stomps, absolutely annihilates Erza. You could give her a thousand free slashes and he wouldnt even feel it. If Acno can shrug off an FD Roar from Igneel himself, then he no sells anything Erza throws at him regardless of slaying advantage.
We're talking about a guy who is on par, or more likely stronger than Zeref with Fairy Heart and every spriggan combined including a dragon slayer(God Serena) and a dragon(Eileen).
Exactly this. Offensively, Acnologia also managed to tear Igneel in half. If he was fighting Irene instead of Erza, Irene wouldn't simply be knocked out of her dragon form. She would be dead. We also know that Gildarts was oneshotted by Acnologia before as well, and he lost half his limbs in that exchange.

Hmm... You've got a point. I guess a better way to phrase the question is "How much dragon slaying power is needed revert the slayer?"

TO Chelia's best spell canceled Dimaria's takeover, yet she was relatively unharmed. Same goes for Irene. Erza canceled her Dragon Form but she didn't take any major damage from the slash.

So at what point is it enough? I guess it's sort of a combination. Canceling definitely has to do with the nature of the their magic but also the the amount of power put in. Whether someone as strong as Erza can do it to Acnologia remains to be seen. Especially with Nakagami Starlight + DS magic.
I was under the impression Irene simply couldn't maintain her form because the pain shocked her out of it. In any case, dragon slayers are just humans enchanted with the power of a dragon. We've seen Igneel knock down Acnologia and bite his arm off. This wasn't enough to knock Acnologia out of his dragon form. I'm not sure if it's even possible to forcibly knock Acnologia from his dragon form. I think he would die before that. It would take a lot more to knock Acnologia out of his dragon form than it took to Irene.

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was under the impression Irene simply couldn't maintain her form because the pain shocked her out of it. In any case, dragon slayers are just humans enchanted with the power of a dragon. We've seen Igneel knock down Acnologia and bite his arm off. This wasn't enough to knock Acnologia out of his dragon form. I'm not sure if it's even possible to forcibly knock Acnologia from his dragon form. I think he would die before that. It would take a lot more to knock Acnologia out of his dragon form than it took to Irene.
Now that I think about it, you're probably right... Chelia could cancel Dimaria's God Soul because it was a takeover. Here, Irene isn't using a takeover. She transformed.

In that case, yeah, Erza wouldn't be able to do anything. Acnologia's pain tolerance is much higher than any mage considering he was still able to fight without an arm. I've always thought Erza with slayer magic was overrated. Irene just isn't that strong.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see a lot of people using Igneel vs. Acnologia as an example to this match; unfortunately, that battle does not accurately reflect this one. Which is why I'm one of those people who were against strictly using canon material to determine the winner of a fantasy battle.

Here is the first flaw:

Acnologia wasn't immobilized when fighting Igneel. Even if I assume Igneel's claws are 1000x times sharper and his attacks are 100x more deadly, it isn't the same when Acnologia cannot move.

During Igneel vs. Acnologia, Acnologia was well aware of the incoming attacks and braced himself for it. He was also fighting back against Igneel's power, which is why the damage is not as significant.

At the same time, Igneel wasn't hitting any of Acnologia's vital parts, so the damage must not have been critical. Sure he tore off an arm, but to a dragon, that is equivalent to tearing off a human's hand or finger.

Here is the second flaw:

Erza has a massive advantage because all she needs to do is knock Acnologia out of his dragon form. So his durability isn't as much of a factor here as it was during his fight with Igneel.

On top of that, Erza has 5 free strategic hits while Acnologia is completely paralyzed and defenseless. If she choose wisely, she can inflict major damage on Acnologia's vulnerable body and eliminate some of his sense at the same time.

By the time Acnologia is back to normal, he will be hit with 5 major/critical injuries all at the same time.

Until further feats show, I'm not gonna assume he will still be in his dragon form. Igneel was born a real dragon. Acnologia was not. So far, we don't know the extent of a dragon slayer's capability to stay in their dragon form yet, so for now, I'm gonna stick with my decision here with the result being too close to call.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
N
A

K
A

G
A

M
A

POWER

ACTIVATED!!!!!!!!!!

"I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MY FRIENDS, ACNOLOGIA!!!!!!!!!"

*inserts explosion*

You know how it continues.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I see a lot of people using Igneel vs. Acnologia as an example to this match; unfortunately, that battle does not accurately reflect this one. Which is why I'm one of those people who were against strictly using canon material to determine the winner of a fantasy battle.

Here is the first flaw:

Acnologia wasn't immobilized when fighting Igneel. Even if I assume Igneel's claws are 1000x times sharper and his attacks are 100x more deadly, it isn't the same when Acnologia cannot move.

During Igneel vs. Acnologia, Acnologia was well aware of the incoming attacks and braced himself for it. He was also fighting back against Igneel's power, which is why the damage is not as significant.

At the same time, Igneel wasn't hitting any of Acnologia's vital parts, so the damage must not have been critical. Sure he tore off an arm, but to a dragon, that is equivalent to tearing off a human's hand or finger.

Here is the second flaw:

Erza has a massive advantage because all she needs to do is knock Acnologia out of his dragon form. So his durability isn't as much of a factor here as it was during his fight with Igneel.

On top of that, Erza has 5 free strategic hits while Acnologia is completely paralyzed and defenseless. If she choose wisely, she can inflict major damage on Acnologia's vulnerable body and eliminate some of his sense at the same time.

By the time Acnologia is back to normal, he will be hit with 5 major/critical injuries all at the same time.

Until further feats show, I'm not gonna assume he will still be in his dragon form. Igneel was born a real dragon. Acnologia was not. So far, we don't know the extent of a dragon slayer's capability to stay in their dragon form yet, so for now, I'm gonna stick with my decision here with the result being too close to call.
Even if Acnologia is immobilized, he took Igneel's claw attack to the face. I don't see any signs of Acnologia bracing against that claw attack either. Acnologia has never made a point of dodging attacks anyways. Igneel caught Acnologia off guard with his tail whip and his roar. Both are stronger displays of dragon slaying magic than Wendy's. You can also see cuts all over Acnologia's body, so Igneel must have landed hits on areas like his torso.

Nothing thus far has been shown to be capable of knocking Acnologia out of his dragon form. Igneel's roar didn't do it, and Igneel has magic capable of killing Zeref. Igneel's bite didn't do it, and that attack tore off an arm. Even Face's activation didn't do it, and it has the power to wipe out all magic on the continent of Ishgar. Acnologia has managed to maintain his dragon form even when he lost his arm. Irene dispelled her dragon form despite receiving no major injury. That just shows that Acnologia has a higher pain tolerance than Irene. Erza did less damage to Irene than Igneel did to Acnologia. The damage that Igneel dealt to Acnologia wasn't enough to knock him from his dragon form. I don't see why Erza would knock him from his dragon form.

Last edited: