Shounen Fire Force by ATSUSHI OKUBO

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
11,635
Reaction score
6,368
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, knew the Captain was strong, but him one-shotting one of the White Hoods was crazy. Still, glad Tamaki is safe now. And looks like the return of the necromancer.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
New key visual for the Fire Force anime.

 

CyberLance

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
418
Reaction score
566
Age
38
Country
Sweden
I love this series so im really looking forward to the anime and i hope it will become popular so it wont get cancelled before the end of the manga story.
And outside Japan almost nobody seems to follow or care about Fire Force so i hope the anime will give the series more attention in the west.
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I love this series so im really looking forward to the anime and i hope it will become popular so it wont get cancelled before the end of the manga story.
And outside Japan almost nobody seems to follow or care about Fire Force so i hope the anime will give the series more attention in the west.
Sadly it has not been selling that well even in Japan so I hope the anime will boost it's sales.
 

CyberLance

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
418
Reaction score
566
Age
38
Country
Sweden
Sadly it has not been selling that well even in Japan so I hope the anime will boost it's sales.

I thought that it got an anime probably meant that it was doing good in Japan.
Yea i really hope that the anime will make the series way more popular and give it better sales.
There are many people that dont read manga but watch anime so this could make those people interested in Fire Force.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,546
Reaction score
11,287
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I see the trailer of the anime, I'm curious....
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
So tried reading this today has to 1 of the most boring manga's I've come across.
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
So tried reading this today had to 1 of the most boring manga's I've come across
Sadly yes,at first I was hyped by this manga but later I found that this series is one of the most boring series.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To anyone who cares, this will be the mangaka's last work.

The recent chapters have a lot of intrigue. There is a lot of stuff going on with it and it's really good. The pacing is a problem, but once read all together, I think it'll be better.

The characters in this series are really amazing and I feel like they are much stronger than Soul Eaters characters.
 

LaserBeam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
1,984
Age
40
Country
Greece
Is anybody reading this at 2020?
I know i do and i have to say that it feels like ohkubo has settled with the weird plot pace progression he had, like the first arcs also it is so cool now he develops other characters than shinra also we learned so much stuff and some of them was mindblowing.
Like i remember i caught with this manga like 28 chapters ago. I feel like from after the asakusa arc the story became a lot more interesting although i wished some of the arcs where few chapters longer like not much even 2-3 more chapters was good if it was done in a way that characters will have meaningful screentime. I am a bit skeptical at how he is gonna handle down all these characters especially all the new ones.


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To anyone who cares, this will be the mangaka's last work.

The recent chapters have a lot of intrigue. There is a lot of stuff going on with it and it's really good. The pacing is a problem, but once read all together, I think it'll be better.

The characters in this series are really amazing and I feel like they are much stronger than Soul Eaters characters.
Thx for the info it sucks that ohkubo is gonna stop writing after this because i bet oda is older than him but oda still writes and i get the feeling he is gonna write for at least a good 5-8 more years of one piece.
 
Last edited:

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Fire Force is a bust in my eyes. Never lived up to the crazy hype it had alongside the other new gen.
 

LaserBeam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
1,984
Age
40
Country
Greece
Fire Force is a bust in my eyes. Never lived up to the crazy hype it had alongside the other new gen.
I am curious what exactly made you to turn off? was it the 1rst arcs with the wierd pace transition? that made like they were completing the plot points faster than they should or is it some other reason? For example the fire force action is not that bad to begin with and i would dare to say that story wise is miles better than manga like fairy tail or the 7ds which both were disappointment yet for some really weird reason ff gets really the middle finger when it comes to us western readers.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I am curious what exactly made you to turn off? was it the 1rst arcs with the wierd pace transition? that made like they were completing the plot points faster than they should or is it some other reason? For example the fire force action is not that bad to begin with and i would dare to say that story wise is miles better than manga like fairy tail or the 7ds which both were disappointment yet for some really weird reason ff gets really the middle finger when it comes to us western readers.
When I first started watching it, the plot didn't excite me as much and the characters were off. Supernatural firefighters with magic? Sounds awesome but they didn't execute it well.

I can't make a decision on how good it is compared to others since I haven't read it or watched in a long time. Would you recommend I pick it up again?
 

LaserBeam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
1,984
Age
40
Country
Greece
When I first started watching it, the plot didn't excite me as much and the characters were off. Supernatural firefighters with magic? Sounds awesome but they didn't execute it well.

I can't make a decision on how good it is compared to others since I haven't read it or watched in a long time. Would you recommend I pick it up again?
Did you read like the first 10-20 chapters and the stop or more?
 

LaserBeam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
1,984
Age
40
Country
Greece
Well you stopped in the weakest arcs although i liked the 1rst arc now the manga is at 221 chapter and a lot of hype shit dropped out.
I would advice you to read through the first 100 chapters and if you like it then continue if you still think it's bad well do not.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, the way this series is structured, 15 chapters isn't long enough. It's admittedly a really slow burn, forgive the pun, but he spends a lot of that time laying the foundation. But it's paying off in dividends at this point in the series.
 

LaserBeam

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,791
Reaction score
1,984
Age
40
Country
Greece
Yeah, the way this series is structured, 15 chapters isn't long enough. It's admittedly a really slow burn, forgive the pun, but he spends a lot of that time laying the foundation. But it's paying off in dividends at this point in the series.
I am quessing that's why lots of readers gave up first most of the times in early chapters people need to know what are up against.
They want the plot thing to be clear so i am quessing they want a plot that progresses fast but at the same time contain info about what they are going to deal with.

At least after going to chapter 67 and up to now it seems like all this has been paid of but it is pointless if 50% of the readers gave up in the fist 3-10 chapters but let's put this as an absolute rule because to me the hibana arc for example was ok.

what i did not liked that much was the next arc with rekka because i felt like they found the whole culprit way easier so to me ohkubo did wrong there but for many others they thing that even the rekka arc felt slow.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah, the way this series is structured, 15 chapters isn't long enough. It's admittedly a really slow burn, forgive the pun, but he spends a lot of that time laying the foundation. But it's paying off in dividends at this point in the series.
I cough up with fire force when season1 was at it's first 3 episodes so it's been some months i did good think for me when this happened the story was already at a really interesting part i think the manga was in the obi save arc and that arc was lit in general.

In general i think ohkubo did a lot of good moves lately which paid of one of them was starting developing more the other characters ofc this did not happened not this happened mid- up to late of the plot.

Anyway if what he did mid part of the plot had done it earlier i think people wouldn't had quit early.
It is ironic because you see in manga like one piece of boku no hero the plot is moving really slowly but people do not mind that when ohkubo pulled something like this he lost 60-70% of the readers in the first few arcs.
 
Last edited:

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Just caught up with this series like two days ago or so. It's true that the start is not the best, but it's one of those series that gets better the more you advance into the plot. The mystery surrounding everything is what made me continue reading it and I'm not disappointed at all. It certainly has things to improve like the excessive fanservice (*cough* Tamaki *cough*), but the characters' motivations and backstories are interesting enough. The plot twists are quite well done too, but what amazes me the most are the abilities the characters have, more specifically the explanations regarding those. The main themes for powers in this series are heat and fire, two concepts that at first sight don't seem to have much potential, but the way the author uses scientific explanations to make things like time stop and gravity be a seemingly "plausible" thing with these themes is very interesting and original, so I've gotta give him props for that.
 
Top