Canon - God Serena VS Gildarts | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Canon God Serena VS Gildarts

God Serena VS Gildarts

• Total voters

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can you remind me of Gildarts's biggest AoE feat? I do recall him dealing heavy damage several times, but not on a particularily huge zone. His magic seems mostly to COMPRESS energy into "square lines" or other small shapes that can slice almost anything, not to EXPAND it into village-sized attacks. (don't think I'm saying he's purely lame at AoE, I do recall him destroying a whole cathedral in Alvalez, but it's not that impressive for that arc).
It's also the way he was introduced and his feats throughout.

No-need to give him ALL the magics, but if the point was to reach the highest level of destructiveness possible (so huge it can bypass Zeref's immortality), wouldn't it make sense to start focusing on "the most offensive magic in the series" as you call it? My opinion is just that there's NO "best" magic for offense or any other specific purpose. Sure, some are better for offence than others and Crush is one of them, but there's no-true "best" of all.
Zeref never focused on the most "offensive magic" and what not.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Okay, thanks for clarifying it.

Can you remind me of Gildarts's biggest AoE feat? I do recall him dealing heavy damage several times, but not on a particularily huge zone. His magic seems mostly to COMPRESS energy into "square lines" or other small shapes that can slice almost anything, not to EXPAND it into village-sized attacks. (don't think I'm saying he's purely lame at AoE, I do recall him destroying a whole cathedral in Alvalez, but it's not that impressive for that arc).

No-need to give him ALL the magics, but if the point was to reach the highest level of destructiveness possible (so huge it can bypass Zeref's immortality), wouldn't it make sense to start focusing on "the most offensive magic in the series" as you call it? My opinion is just that there's NO "best" magic for offense or any other specific purpose. Sure, some are better for offence than others and Crush is one of them, but there's no-true "best" of all.