For all ongoing Haki discussion, please post here.
Haha... That's what I used to think. But then I realised it made haki look even more complicated. The reason I think this is because, if we go by that, then it means Luffy's very own haki 'on himself' would've prevented him from being rubber in the first place. Like he stops being rubber whenever he uses haki.No matter how I look at it the only way it makes any sense to me is if Luffy’s “defensive haki” cancels out Doflamingo’s “offensive haki” (I put them in quotes because they are the same thing but for the case of this description it’s easier to label them that way) and keeps his body rubbery. But that doesn’t make any sense to me in ANY of the ways that people have theorized that haki works.
Rayleigh explanation is that Haki allows someone to hit the real body of a Devil Fruit user. So that's why any Devil Fruit user is vulnerable to Haki, and it won't negate a user own ability.Haha... That's what I used to think. But then I realised it made haki look even more complicated. The reason I think this is because, if we go by that, then it means Luffy's very own haki 'on himself' would've prevented him from being rubber in the first place. Like he stops being rubber whenever he uses haki.
But since haki don't negate devil-fruit abilities unlike Blackbeard and seastone, then we have every reason to believe it's normal for them to retain their properties as well.
The situation with doffy still makes a bit of sense to me in that, Luffy's own haki stopped the pain he would've otherwise felt, if he hadn't defended with haki. But since haki don't stop him from being rubber, his body still behaved like one. More so with the fact he was inflated. Like really inflated. Unlike in the encounter with Garp where an attack is less likely to bounce if he (Luffy) isn't stretch at significant length. Like how bullets bounce back only after stretching Luffy's body about 5 feet or more.
Think of doffy's encounter more of an inflated balloon vs a deflated one. This could explain the reason why it was emphasized in the scenario.
With logias like gas, it's complicated, but still the same. You're right that gas dissipates around solids. But whether it does that or not is kinda relative, depending on the speed with which it's being hit. Think of Sanji's 'sky-walk' for example. He kicks the air so fast that it treats it like a solid. It's still more or less the same thing in real life. Like water for example also. It can be as watery as you know it. But it can also be as hard as a rock if one jumps out of an air plane with a faulty parachute, lol.
Haki interaction with logias gets even more complicated especially with Admiral Kizaru's fruit because he's neither solid, liquid, or gas. Light is none of those three, but still it can be hit with haki, lol.
I get that in theory, but if that was the case with Luffy, no amount of haki would make a difference in hitting him as it would still be hitting a rubber body. Which we know isn’t the case as several people have hit him specifically because they used haki.Rayleigh explanation is that Haki allows someone to hit the real body of a Devil Fruit user. So that's why any Devil Fruit user is vulnerable to Haki, and it won't negate a user own ability.
Haki doesn't prevent Luffy from becoming rubber, but it can be used to hurt him. If Luffy were a logia, haki again wouldn't prevent him from using his powers, but it would allow his body to be hit/touched. Maybe just the part that gets hit is temporarily "normal" and can be hit, it doesn't effect the rest of the DF users body.I get that in theory, but if that was the case with Luffy, no amount of haki would make a difference in hitting him as it would still be hitting a rubber body. Which we know isn’t the case as several people have hit him specifically because they used haki.
Which wouldn’t explain how he bounced against an attack from Doflamingo. If the spot he hit were “normal” it wouldn’t have rebounded,I would think.Haki doesn't prevent Luffy from becoming rubber, but it can be used to hurt him. If Luffy were a logia, haki again wouldn't prevent him from using his powers, but it would allow his body to be hit/touched. Maybe just the part that gets hit is temporarily "normal" and can be hit, it doesn't effect the rest of the DF users body.
The easiest explanation is that Luffy's Haki (or the Haki covering that area in particular) was stronger than Doflamingo's Haki.Which wouldn’t explain how he bounced against an attack from Doflamingo. If the spot he hit were “normal” it wouldn’t have rebounded,I would think.
I think an explanation for a lot of things is "you're putting more thought into it than the writer".Which wouldn’t explain how he bounced against an attack from Doflamingo. If the spot he hit were “normal” it wouldn’t have rebounded,I would think.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Was able to find HP's post, and i think he makes a fair argument here.... Luffy does not get intangibility to blunt attacks through his DF, just an extended defensive power...Why is he exclaiming from an attack void of Haki? This is an exclamation people make whenever in pain... just look through-out the series.
Can even go back as far as chapter 37. Captain Kuro kicks Luffy, he exclaims "ouch" and he's bleeding from a blunt kick void of Haki.![]()
Even Franky hurt Luffy; now I'm sure people will rationalise that this is not an expression indicating pain because beliefs cannot be wrong, but okay.![]()
when Luffy talks to Ray-san about haki he specifically pictures Garp, because his fist of love is a haki punch!Has it been CONFIRMED that Garp used and uses haki to hurt Luffy? And I don't mean the readers' opinions or usually crappy/biased conclusions, but actual confirmation in the manga or databook or by Oda himself. So far, I highly doubt it, and the manga makes no mention of that as far as I recall, unless the Fist of Love is haki.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If he didnt then Luffy wouldnt have pictured him as someone who can use hakiAgreed. So long story short, Garp didnt necessarily use haki.
When?when Luffy talks to Ray-san about haki he specifically pictures Garp, because his fist of love is a haki punch!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If he didnt then Luffy wouldnt have pictured him as someone who can use haki