Discussion - Invel General Discussion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Invel General Discussion Thread

What do you think Invel's hidden power is?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dbant

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you looked at the Color cover, Invels hair is more of a really light blue. It was the same volume cover that had August on it and it was noticeable more blue.

Cm_Pink

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Finally a thread for Invel. it's nice.
When i saw him for the first, he reminded me of Jugram Haschwalth from bleach , both have similar appearances and personalities , furthermore , the relationship between Zeref and Invel is quite smilar to the one between Yhwach and jugram.

Since he is Zeref's second in command, i just hope that his fight against Gray will last more than one chapter, and that he don't get one shotted or trolled.

regarding his magic, as his title suggests. i think that he use an advanced form of ice make to alter the landscape, and to create an army which help him during his fights.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So now that we've had a taste of Invel's magic, what do you all think about it? "The Winter General" epithet isn't merely for show eh?
It really does look like he has uber hax Ice Magic that snap freezes almost everything. It's kind of cool in my opinion. Gray's going to need a big power up to be capable of defeating such an opponent. Invel is also the first Spriggan to actually show that he's deserving of the name. Onwards to greatness! :P

PeanutButterJelly

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I dont know what hos power could be.
He's not a god slayef since their magic is blsck (black fire/wind/lightning).
I think he has both some sort of snow and ice magic.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Invel's ice magic imo. He's the winter general (ice), like how Ajeel is the desert king (sand). His only named spell so far is Ice Slave. I've always wanted to see what Ice Magic can do, since Iced Shell is a Ice Magic spell and was quite powerful.

Really hope he isn't a slayer.

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Invel's ice magic imo. He's the winter general (ice), like how Ajeel is the desert king (snow). His only named spell so far is Ice Slave. I've always wanted to see what Ice Magic can do, since Iced Shell is a Ice Magic spell and was quite powerful.

Really hope he isn't a slayer.
I agree. Invel being a Slayer won't help him in my eyes. I like the idea that he can snap freeze everything in an instant like Toshiro Hitsugaya can though. It's already known that he's a cut above Gray in the first place

Last edited:

Freya

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hey I am back :hi
Forget other theories i said before about invel connected to this and that (now that I think again about it, it is a bit silly :XD)
I noticed something in ch 498.

http://mangastream.com/r/fairy_tail/498/3623/13

It is a small panel but I immidiately noticed this. Zeref looks like a girl worrying his lover:eyeroll:p
We were talking about relation to other known ice mages but why we dont talk about him and zeref. I am now curious what makes Invel so loyal to zeref and "closest to the emperor". I hope he got his background story about his relation with zeref.
Anyway I like him so much in recent chapters but he is sure going to be down in 499 or early 500. I hope mashima can make a good defeat for him:verily (and please dont kill him :darn)

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey I am back :hi
Forget other theories i said before about invel connected to this and that (now that I think again about it, it is a bit silly :XD)
I noticed something in ch 498.

http://mangastream.com/r/fairy_tail/498/3623/13

It is a small panel but I immidiately noticed this. Zeref looks like a girl worrying his lover:eyeroll:p
We were talking about relation to other known ice mages but why we dont talk about him and zeref. I am now curious what makes Invel so loyal to zeref and "closest to the emperor". I hope he got his background story about his relation with zeref.
Anyway I like him so much in recent chapters but he is sure going to be down in 499 or early 500. I hope mashima can make a good defeat for him:verily (and please dont kill him :darn)
I feel the same. I don't want Invel to die :emocat
I just want some of the spriggan to have actual back stories you know?

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
In the end Invel was kinda just one of those characters that I no longer care about, he was really cool at the start, his magic was really different to what a lot of us expected, then he pulled out his strongest weapon, and then Gray crushed it. hype=gone

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
In the end Invel was kinda just one of those characters that I no longer care about, he was really cool at the start, his magic was really different to what a lot of us expected, then he pulled out his strongest weapon, and then Gray crushed it. hype=gone
I know :emocat
Invel got totally Hiroed

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn't say that Invel got trolled... Jacob and Neinhart got trolled, but Neinhart especially got trolled big time.

It's just that Gray was way stronger than everybody else thought. To me, it looked more like a "Gray spotlight" than a "Invel got trolled scene".

What happened to Invel is exactly what happened to Ajeel, Bloodman, and Wahl.

But I don't see other people saying that Ajeel, Bloodman, and Wahl got trolled...

Gray was on par with Invel at first, then Gray defeated Invel.

Gajeel was losing against Bloodman at first, but then Gajeel killed Bloodman.

Laxus was struggling and losing against Wahl, then Laxus oneshotted Wahl in the end.

Erza was about to die against Ajeel, but then Erza oneshotted Ajeel.

I don't really see the big difference between Invel and the other Spriggans thus far. All of the Spriggans have received similar treatments, yet Invel is the only one that got trolled?

The only Spriggans to get trolled hardcore are Jacob and Neinhart, not Invel.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I wouldn't say that Invel got trolled... Jacob and Neinhart got trolled, but Neinhart especially got trolled big time.

It's just that Gray was way stronger than everybody else thought. To me, it looked more like a "Gray spotlight" than a "Invel got trolled scene".

What happened to Invel is exactly what happened to Ajeel, Bloodman, and Wahl.

But I don't see other people saying that Ajeel, Bloodman, and Wahl got trolled...

Gray was on par with Invel at first, then Gray defeated Invel.

Gajeel was losing against Bloodman at first, but then Gajeel killed Bloodman.

Laxus was struggling and losing against Wahl, then Laxus oneshotted Wahl in the end.

Erza was about to die against Ajeel, but then Erza oneshotted Ajeel.

I don't really see the big difference between Invel and the other Spriggans thus far. All of the Spriggans have received similar treatments, yet Invel is the only one that got trolled?

The only Spriggans to get trolled hardcore are Jacob and Neinhart, not Invel.
For me it wasn't really the fact that Gray beat him so easily, it was more than he was talking such big game and then got destroyed, right after Gray struggling so badly. Another thing I'd like to mention is that the Erza vs Ajeel fight was fairly different to the Invel vs Gray fight.
  • Erza and Gray both struggled pretty badly at the start.
  • Erza only won because of Bisca's Jupiter Cannon, while Gray won with the power of YOU KILLED MY WAIFU XD (which was his own power)
  • Erza would've died if it weren't for Bisca, whereas Gray's only serious injuries were self-inflicted.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
For me it wasn't really the fact that Gray beat him so easily, it was more than he was talking such big game and then got destroyed, right after Gray struggling so badly.
Well all the Spriggans were talking big game, it was just unfortunate that most of the Spriggans didn't live up to their name.

Ajeel from the beginning has been a bragger, Wahl was boasting quite a bit, and Bloodman was pretty confident himself.

I would say that Invel talked such big game as much as the rest of the Spriggans.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that the Erza vs Ajeel fight was fairly different to the Invel vs Gray fight.
  • Erza and Gray both struggled pretty badly at the start.
  • Erza only won because of Bisca's Jupiter Cannon, while Gray won with the power of YOU KILLED MY WAIFU XD (which was his own power)
  • Erza would've died if it weren't for Bisca, whereas Gray's only serious injuries were self-inflicted.
I don't know if Gray struggled "pretty badly" at the start, but sure, it wasn't child's play for Gray either.

The reason why Erza needed Bisca's Jupiter Cannon while Gray did not is because Erza and Gray are currently on different levels.

While Erza is a notch below Spriggan level, Gray has made it clear himself that he is among the Spriggan tier ranks.

Ajeel and Invel were treated much in the same way, it was just the power difference between Erza and Gray that made Invel's loss seem more trolled.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well all the Spriggans were talking big game, it was just unfortunate that most of the Spriggans didn't live up to their name.

Ajeel from the beginning has been a bragger, Wahl was boasting quite a bit, and Bloodman was pretty confident himself.

I would say that Invel talked such big game as much as the rest of the Spriggans.

I don't know if Gray struggled "pretty badly" at the start, but sure, it wasn't child's play for Gray either.

The reason why Erza needed Bisca's Jupiter Cannon while Gray did not is because Erza and Gray are currently on different levels.

While Erza is a notch below Spriggan level, Gray has made it clear himself that he is among the Spriggan tier ranks.

Ajeel and Invel were treated much in the same way, it was just the power difference between Erza and Gray that made Invel's loss seem more trolled.
Yes Invel did give him a hard time until he got pissed off. I mean, at this point Gray's potential has skyrocketed after defeating Alvarez's Chief of Staff so easily. Invel was no pushover, and their battle is one of the best Spriggan Battles so far. It's hard for us to gauge how strong characters become since these fights end so abruptly. usually with an asspull

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Invel didn't get trolled. He came up against an Ice Wizard who can defeat him. He would have done better if he didn't face Gray, and if that whole Juvia mess didn't happen.

Invel was quite silly in the end for going into the battle. At least wait for Zeref to obtain Fairy Heart. He de-hyped END a bit by saying he could beat him.

Only thing I want to know is how Invel knows about Gray's past. To be quite honest, I rolled my eyes at that whole destiny thing. It cheapens what Gray has gone through. Perhaps Invel is talking about it from hindsight, a sequence of events can appear or be described as fate.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I thought I may as well leave my last impression of Invel here, feel free to tell me why you disagree with what I think etc. :P

So Invel, I found him to be a tiny bit intriguing at first, being Zeref's right hand man and all, and his demeanor was definitely one of a secretary of sorts to me, at least. As the Alvarez arc went on, Invel was held from the fray for a fair while hence which is why I started really feeling some hype for his fight as I thought unlike a lot of the other spriggan he would really have some impact, and that he did with Juvia "dying", just for one chapter.

As for his actual fight with Gray, I enjoyed it at first, it had a good flow and had me interested in what would happen next, which Ice vs Ice fights don't usually do for me these days. What let me down with Invel combat-wise was how he lost to Gray, he simply got blown away by PoF and Nakama power, which was really disappointing for a character I'd been enjoying this far. and it was a rather underwhelming end to the fight imo, and it tarnished him a tiny bit as a character.

So, Invel started out as a good character who gained hype as things went along and I really hoped we'd see something big and impactful from him, but in the end all we got was the E.N.D reveal (which was alright), a fake death and him getting overpowered by the Power of Friendship. A bit disappointing if I do say so myself.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
One thing remains about Invel to be seen.How did he know about the backstory of Gray?He knew Gray lost his teacher and all his family to Zeref's Demons.Did he know Gray from the beginning.Or is he somehow connected with Ul or Lyon?

Last edited:

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
I would love to see invel teaming up with gray maybe against end..since both of them wants to defeat end..end vs gray/invel could be awesome

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I would love to see invel teaming up with gray maybe against end..since both of them wants to defeat end..end vs gray/invel could be awesome
A cool idea, but I don't really think it's going to happen. Hiro doesn't seem to be willing to reuse the Spriggan now. He's quickly killing them all off

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Latest chapter put Invel into the category for me of the best overall 12s. Seeing how Gray's acting.... its all what Invel predicated a few chapters ago. He's playing Gray like a toy. Tactics and seriousness I dig about him. Him coming to the front lines is the only thing questionable due to Ice Slave on Mavis but plot is why he came out so it's whatever. Invel is dope as hell, looking forward to more actions by him if there will be any.