Larcade's relation ship to the Dragneel brother?

  • Larcade is there father

    Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Larcade is there brother

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Larcade is Zeref's son

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Larcade is Natsu's son

    Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Larcade is a demon

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Larcade is a clan member?

    Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Other (Please specify)

    Votes: 19 25.0%

  • Total voters
    76

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
I think its referring to his magic power not anything physical. Also what colour hair do you guys think he has? I'm guessing blonde but it would be hilarious if he has pink hair.
He could just have white hair, though I guess that wouldn't be subtle lol. But yeah, I think the best bets are blonde or white, though pink would be funny.

Edit: I've got another theory about Larcade, I put it in the chapter discussion thread but I don't want to lose this. :smile-big

This might be strange but couldn't Dragneel be a title in Alvarez? From what we've seen of Alvarez we know that Zeref is pretty much beloved by the general public so it wouldn't be far fetched if they set up some sort of religion to worship him. This would be beneficial to Zeref as it would allow him to effectively morph his public into revering him. If the above is right, Dragneel could be a title that the head of the "Zeref religion" obtains, plus it would benefit Zeref because it would make his public want to ascend up the ranks so that they could meet him and potentially be part of the S12. In addition there may be hints toward this through the crosses that both Irene and Larcade have.

Like I said, it's a strange idea but I think it would be better then a long lost cousin.
 
Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Chapter 499 confirms that Larcade is not another brother and I doubt he's Natsu and Zeref's father since he looks like he's in his mid to late teens. I think Larcade is a descendant and distant cousin of the Dragneel Family.
They were fighting for a man in the past.So they couldn't be males.They have to be females.
I think it will end up the other way around, as in two males fighting over a women.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Chapter 499 confirms that Larcade is not another brother and I doubt he's Natsu and Zeref's father since he looks like he's in his mid to late teens. I think Larcade is a descendant and distant cousin of the Dragneel Family.
Yeah not the brother as expected. Would of been an asspull and random as hell if he was. Honestly doubt he's blood related but here are the options I think:

  • Descendant
  • Etherious
  • Created android/lifeform
  • Future son
I would love the either of the last 2 options but I would be cool with any of these. Anything in the immediate family regarding Larcade would just seem dumb to me
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah not the brother as expected. Would of been an asspull and random as hell if he was. Honestly doubt he's blood related but here are the options I think:

  • Descendant
  • Etherious
  • Created android/lifeform
  • Future son
I would love the either of the last 2 options but I would be cool with any of these. Anything in the immediate family regarding Larcade would just seem dumb to me
I'm glad that Larcade not another brother. I'm leaning towards Larcade being a descendant of the Dragneel Family.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Yeah not the brother as expected. Would of been an asspull and random as hell if he was. Honestly doubt he's blood related but here are the options I think:

  • Descendant
  • Etherious
  • Created android/lifeform
  • Future son
I would love the either of the last 2 options but I would be cool with any of these. Anything in the immediate family regarding Larcade would just seem dumb to me
Larcade is probs in his 20's. I think this leaves 3 possibilities

- A Dragneel descendant
- He's a cousin or similar from 400ya, and came through the Eclipse Gate as a baby (the same time Natsu did)
- He's an etherious/creation of Zeref's.

Future son
NaLu's kid...
 

Ichibei

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2015
Messages
454
Reaction score
676
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
So, do you think that the other spriggans know about Larcarde's strength? For me it seems like only Irene and are considered to be on another level.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Larcade is probs in his 20's. I think this leaves 3 possibilities

- A Dragneel descendant
- He's a cousin or similar from 400ya, and came through the Eclipse Gate as a baby (the same time Natsu did)
- He's an etherious/creation of Zeref's.



NaLu's kid...
I'm leaning towards Dragneel descendant. No way in hell.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
So, do you think that the other spriggans know about Larcarde's strength? For me it seems like only Irene and are considered to be on another level.
It depends. His magic made Mavis trip, but it might be the quality rather than quality of his magic.

I'm leaning towards Dragneel descendant. No way in hell.
I'm actually on the side of etherious/creation because he's a secret weapon. Just guessing.

No way for? The NaLu kid? :)
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
@Brandish I Agree he was mention because his nature of magic was different and something Mavis didn't feel before not because he is so far above others ( August/Irene )..
It's the nature of his magic ( Soul related ) that makes he been mentioned above others and that he has chance to defeat Acnologia ( imo he will nerf him with his Soul magic )

But he can be higher than average level in terms of MP just because he is related to Natsu so Hiro may decide to make him really near to August/Irene overall..We will see I'm not especially hyped for him tbh ( interested of course but not hyped :P )
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
It's the nature of his magic ( Soul related ) that makes he been mentioned above others and that he has chance to defeat Acnologia ( imo he will nerf him with his Soul magic )
Nice one! maybe if he's able to get rid of some souls of dragons that acnologia absorbed, it will weaken acnologia.

maybe Irene can also extract those that acno absorbed?
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Nice one! maybe if he's able to get rid of some souls of dragons that acnologia absorbed, it will weaken acnologia.

maybe Irene can also extract those that acno absorbed?
She probably can't otherwise she would've done it already and Zeref wouldn't have called Larcade his only secret weapon.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
maybe Irene can also extract those that acno absorbed?
I don't think so their magic work differently for me..

Larcade magic seems to take instant effect and he doesn't absorb the souls he just releases/set free them..
While Irene needs time to extract something from someone ( And Acnologia wouldn't just stand and let her do her Job ) I and absorb/insert it in some new vessel.

I don't know if Larcade magic will work on Acnologia but I can see Larcade fail to defeat him just nerfing him.
It all an assumption cause Larcade may be down before he will even meet with Acnologia.
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
She probably can't otherwise she would've done it already and Zeref wouldn't have called Larcade his only secret weapon.
I mean like if they can somehow restrain him like mavis, so Irene can do her thing.

Larcade magic seems to take instant effect and he doesn't absorb the souls he just releases/set free them..
Yes, he doesn't absorb, but if he can release some souls that acno absorbed, it might weaken him.
 

lakhan220

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2016
Messages
895
Reaction score
9,011
Age
32
Country
India
I mean like if they can somehow restrain him like mavis, so Irene can do her thing.
ZEREF can use FH...THough I highly doubt it will work....FH is like a weapon....I do not think it will be used to restrain him.He will use it to resurrect END......Moreover a DRAGON's body is too hard especially ACNO's for IRENE to separate his soul / parts....No magic except DS can work...

Yes, he doesn't absorb, but if he can release some souls that acno absorbed, it might weaken him.
LARCADE's power is interesting...He can separate souls.........I doubt for that to work on ACNOLOGIA.

For ACNOLOGIA, we know he extracted the DRAGON's souls through his DS magic killing them..But no where it is stated that he absorbed those souls....We already had ZIRCONIS , GRANDEENEY & other dragons in soul form.....WENDY said while summoning the ZIRCONIS soul , she sensed a lot of lingering memories & soul but only one strong enough to summon......So ,I don't think LARCADE's magic can weaken ACNOLOGIA.

His power will work if it is also contrary to his current that is to summon the souls......In short , his power is to make any one feel happy & satisfied while removing his soul....ACNO's is too dark for that..

I think LARCADE is a secret weapon build to revive NATSU if he dies after ZEREF dies....LARCADE's will be a modified magic in order to bring back NATSU to life ......fulfilling ZEREF's 2 wishes..

1) To die
2) To let NATSU live.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I don't know if Larcade magic will work on Acnologia but I can see Larcade fail to defeat him just nerfing him.
It all an assumption cause Larcade may be down before he will even meet with Acnologia.
That's what I think will happen too. Well, Larcade is simply not going to defeat Acno. He's not important enough, even as a Dragneel. He'll nerf Acno permanently or temporarily.

My only theory ever for defeating Acnologia is to nerf him via souls. When Igneel couldn't kill Acno, then that ruled out anyone soloing. But with FH the door is open again.

And I've always thought Wendy would wreck Acno's using Milky Way. Whether she would get powerful enough for that is another story (and I guess Grandine could have used this magic herself if it would work). Maybe Larcade and Third Origin Wendy? Hmmm.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It depends. His magic made Mavis trip, but it might be the quality rather than quality of his magic.



I'm actually on the side of etherious/creation because he's a secret weapon. Just guessing.

No way for? The NaLu kid? :)
The NaLu kid.
If Zeref can take life and create life then isn't he basically a god? Anyways I was reading theories about Larcade on other websites when I saw one thread where the OP pointed out that Larcade's character design was based on a character from Mashima's previous series Rave master, just have look at the picture's below they have different hair styles but look identical and have a similar weapon, his name is "Solasido Sharpner".




Also a little fun fact: This character has a younger sister that he is over protective with, not sure if Mashima is trying to hint something here .

http://ravemaster.wikia.com/wiki/Solasido_Sharpner
Maybe Mashima is hinting at Larcade having a sister.
I'm going to pull this idea from Dragon Ball Z just like Kami and Piccolo, I think that Larcade is one half of Zeref himself. Maybe Zeref took apart of himself and used it to make Larcade. This would make Larcade Zeref's secret weapon because it would be something unknown to even his men.

But I believe Lacade would be more then just a Angel Slayer or a Holy Demon Slayer. Zeref was known to be the master of Black magic so it would not be farfetched to believe that White magic would exist.
I think Larcade's magic is Ankhseram White Magic if that turns out to be a thing.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
My only theory ever for defeating Acnologia is to nerf him via souls. When Igneel couldn't kill Acno, then that ruled out anyone soloing. But with FH the door is open again.
I think this is what we're all expecting, Larcade's magic being able to weaken Acno by ripping out the numerous dragon souls he took when he killed the dragons. It just makes too much sense. I agree though it's an all-or-some with Larcade, his relevancy is to be determined since FH has been repeatedly stated as the true key to killing Acno
 
Last edited:

yukistorm33

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2016
Messages
499
Reaction score
1,199
Age
44
Country
Australia
I think this is what we're all expecting, Larcade's magic being able to weaken Acno but ripping out the numerous dragon souls he took when he killed the dragons. It just makes too much sense. I agree though it's an all-or-some with Larcade, his relevancy is to be determined since FH has been repeatedly stated as the true key to killing Acno
I know this a long shot theory but you think its possible that once we see Larcade use his magic on Acnologia that there's a chance
we'll see Igneel and the other four dragons again?

After all, their souls were among the ones taken by Acnologia's Dragon Slayer Magic.
 
Top