Larcade's relation ship to the Dragneel brother?

  • Larcade is there father

    Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Larcade is there brother

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Larcade is Zeref's son

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Larcade is Natsu's son

    Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Larcade is a demon

    Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Larcade is a clan member?

    Votes: 24 31.6%
  • Other (Please specify)

    Votes: 19 25.0%

  • Total voters
    76

gingino91

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Age
34
Country
United Kingdom
When the dragon slayers were reunited with their dragons, Grandine specifically said that they were already dead due to Acnologia's dragon slayer magic ripping out their souls. This makes me think that the reason he is so powerful is due to the souls of many dragon's that he's collected not just his own magical capability. So I believe that his power will somehow return the souls of Acnologias dragon victims or at least remove them from his possession, thus somehow weakening him in the process.
This would mean the return of some of the dragons, including igneal, which has already been widely theorized.
As to how he is in related to zeref and natzu, I have two half-baked theories.
1. Everyone seems to think that because of the shared surname that he is a relative or future relative, I think a curveball could be that he is an ancestor of the brothers. Zeref brought him to the present in order to utilize a specific lost magic which would help him defeat acnologia. I think this is much more plausible than an actual relative because Zeref is at his very core very attached to his family and so i don't believe he could use a family member that he grew up with as a simple pawn. i don't put much stock in this as a viable theory, however I believe it does make more sense than some of the other family member theories +it would be awesome.
2. I think that Larcade could be the complete opposite to Zeref. The characters design is similar to Zeref but the hair colour and clothing are light, this makes me think of a yin and yang sort of situation, the two characters are somehow two sides to the same coin. This could have something to do with edolas or maybe something else.
i would love to know what people think about my theories so please do discuss, dispute or add to :).
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
First of all I admit my dumbass picked Larcade is a demon :fail still can be true but for now I'll put that aside for now. Good job to whoever picked he's the son of Zeref, 508 revealed he's Zeref son... not gonna lie I saw a good theory on tumblr (lol) that he could be Natsu/Lucy's kid from the future. It sounded good on paper but after some time it would of been dumb unless Larcade came out from the exact same Eclipse Gate that Natsu and the DS came from. So Zeref's son >>> Nalu's kid deff, glad it turned out this way. In 508, Mavis got hit by Larcade's Pleasure magic, leading some to think he really could be her mother. I don't think it'll be like "Zeref and Mavis fucked???" hell no, that would turned off some people (not me though :heh) but in truth Zeref and Mavis (as in Mavis actually being alive and not a thought projection) have literally only met/encountered 4 times:
  • When they past by each at Hargeon
  • Meeting at the lake, when he taught her magic
  • The kiss
  • Mavis captured at the guild hall with Zeref and S12
So unless it was like a 3 second quickie it's just not fathomable at all. So anyone thinking that stop lol. But with all that being said only 2 possible candidates for Larcade's mom: Mavis and Anna. Anna would be blow my mind if this is true, I would much rather Zeref to actually have sex with her than the thought of it with Mavis. But I mean both blonde hair so it's like you can't leave it off the table...

In truth no one would should take Larcade being Zeref's kid literally for now, I'm sticking with the prediction he's just a creation of Zeref who is always scheming. @Cat Sidhe26 pointed out to me that people forget a crucial time


After Zeref "killed" Mavis their was obviously a blank period between their kiss and him returning her body to Precht. I truly believe Zeref try to either experiment on her to revive her or instead gather her DNA or something to maybe recreate her being and his into one, which turned out to be Larcade. So my theory would have both of them as their parents, with Mavis DNA mixed into Larcade, giving the holy look with the blond hair. All signs pointing to Mavis being the "mother" so don't be surprised.

On his magic, the idea of being a virgin or not is funny as hell but I agree with @Vici on I think it simply affects those (when he doesn't just focus on one person like Yukino, seeing as he can manually attack whoever, pure or not) who have committed hella, and I mean, HELLA sins in their lives. Everyone who got hit by his magic you can make a good case for. I think he has a secondary or more offensive magic though, while he can forcefully remove souls from people's bodies, something he'll use on Acno whenever he arrives. Either way looking forward to the revelations for my guy :cookiehand
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It seems like Larcade is based off of Deep Snow so we should expect another Shuda vs Deep Snow fight.
 

GamerSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
790
Reaction score
1,854
Age
31
Country
United States
It seems like Larcade is based off of Deep Snow so we should expect another Shuda vs Deep Snow fight.
Yeah, but who is the Shuda of Fairy Tail? Design-wise, I would say Cobra is the character that resembles him the most.

Natsu is pretty much a mixture of Haru Glory and Let Dahaka.
Lucy is Elie.
Musica is a fusion of Gray and Gajeel.
Both Sieghart and Niebel look like Jellal.
Cana reminds me of Julia.
Levy and Wendy remind me of Belnika.

And the way Acnologia was drawn in Ch. 488 reminded me of some of Lucia's expressions. (Although I'd argue they aren't much similar character-wise.)
 
Last edited:

AcnoAamir

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 20, 2016
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
27
Country
India
Facts
1) The Larcade Dragneel said he is the son of Zeref and natsu is the son of Zeref (Latest chapter)
2) Mavis is the mother
3) Mavis kiss Zeref, caused Instant death of Mavis
4) Mavis and Zeref were close and Zeref liked Mavis (or I hope)

So my theory
Zeref made Larcade Dragneel like END from some part of Mavis; Out of sorrow and her memory or love
Thus Zeref is the father, Mavis is the mother, END (Natsu) is the brother ?
 

DarkSoulz

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2015
Messages
80
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Facts
1) The Larcade Dragneel said he is the son of Zeref and natsu is the son of Zeref (Latest chapter)
2) Mavis is the mother
3) Mavis kiss Zeref, caused Instant death of Mavis
4) Mavis and Zeref were close and Zeref liked Mavis (or I hope)

So my theory
Zeref made Larcade Dragneel like END from some part of Mavis; Out of sorrow and her memory or love
Thus Zeref is the father, Mavis is the mother, END (Natsu) is the brother ?
I don't think Mavis is the mother and it's not confirmed yet either the only thing that happened in the manga was August revealing that only Larcade's mother can defeat him and then on the next page it showed a big panel of Mavis, this doesn't mean Mavis is the mothers and it's certainly not a fact. When Sting came he said Larcade smells EXACTLY the same as Natsu this leads me to believe that maybe he's a demon like Natsu so they both smell the same. Maybe all demons smell the same lol, that's the only explanation I can come up with.
 

GamerSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
790
Reaction score
1,854
Age
31
Country
United States
I don't think Mavis is the mother and it's not confirmed yet either the only thing that happened in the manga was August revealing that only Larcade's mother can defeat him and then on the next page it showed a big panel of Mavis, this doesn't mean Mavis is the mothers and it's certainly not a fact. When Sting came he said Larcade smells EXACTLY the same as Natsu this leads me to believe that maybe he's a demon like Natsu so they both smell the same. Maybe all demons smell the same lol, that's the only explanation I can come up with.
That can't be true otherwise Mard Geer and all of Tartaros would have the same smell as Natsu. I'm guessing there is an actual link between Natsu and Larcade that is yet to be revealed.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
That can't be true otherwise Mard Geer and all of Tartaros would have the same smell as Natsu. I'm guessing there is an actual link between Natsu and Larcade that is yet to be revealed.
It could come down to Zeref's experiments being 'perfected' when he made END, and then he replicated the process with Larcade. That could explain why Natsu smells different to other Etherious, but not Larcade.

But IIRC END is the 'final' demon as well?
 

GamerSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
790
Reaction score
1,854
Age
31
Country
United States
It could come down to Zeref's experiments being 'perfected' when he made END, and then he replicated the process with Larcade. That could explain why Natsu smells different to other Etherious, but not Larcade.

But IIRC END is the 'final' demon as well?
Perhaps Larcade is the result of an experiment but there was a different process in creating him, something Zeref used after the knowledge he gained from creating END.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Perhaps Larcade is the result of an experiment but there was a different process in creating him, something Zeref used after the knowledge he gained from creating END.
I think he was made very similarly to END. Zeref used his own genes and Mavis' to make him. I assume Zeref needed some genetic material to make END as well. Whether Larcade is Etherious I am not sure; well I don't think he is. Mainly because he should have an instinct to kill Zeref (but I guess Bloodman didn't either)
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
That can't be true otherwise Mard Geer and all of Tartaros would have the same smell as Natsu. I'm guessing there is an actual link between Natsu and Larcade that is yet to be revealed.
Yup.... I think the biggest question with Larcade now is why is Mavis' DNA inside of him, like what was the motive of that. His creation process was the same as Natsu we know now, Zeref creating someone like Larcade to be a S12 isn't hard to find reason with... just to create some super strong lifeform to protect him. The Mavis being his mother is the biggest question mark.
 

GamerSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
790
Reaction score
1,854
Age
31
Country
United States
Yup.... I think the biggest question with Larcade now is why is Mavis' DNA inside of him, like what was the motive of that. His creation process was the same as Natsu we know now, Zeref creating someone like Larcade to be a S12 isn't hard to find reason with... just to create some super strong lifeform to protect him. The Mavis being his mother is the biggest question mark.
I've been theorizing for a while that Larcade was created to be a new vessel for Fairy Heart and he was made with Mavis' DNA to ensure his body was compatible with it. If he has the same DNA, it'll be easier to transfer FH to him. And then Zeref would hurl him at Acnologia to defeat him.

I think that was the plan and the meaning behind Zeref's words regarding him in Ch. 494.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
What if Mavis's body was used as an incubator for Larcade, who was created by putting Natsu's DNA in her? But more importantly, how can Mavis defeat Larcade? Her pure virginity magic beating his pure holy magic or some shit?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
What if Mavis's body was used as an incubator for Larcade, who was created by putting Natsu's DNA in her? But more importantly, how can Mavis defeat Larcade? Her pure virginity magic beating his pure holy magic or some shit?
Good theory fam, it's the biggest unknown. I just know whatever happened between Zeref and Mavis that created/led to creating Larcade occurred between their kiss and him returning her body to Hades. On Mavis, she's cursed like Zeref by Ankhseram. She could literally go up to Larcade, hug him and say I love you so much and boom, RIP. Her curse will kill him.
 

GamerSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2016
Messages
790
Reaction score
1,854
Age
31
Country
United States
Good theory fam, it's the biggest unknown. I just know whatever happened between Zeref and Mavis that created/led to creating Larcade occurred between their kiss and him returning her body to Hades. On Mavis, she's cursed like Zeref by Ankhseram. She could literally go up to Larcade, hug him and say I love you so much and boom, RIP. Her curse will kill him.
That would be so sad. :gwah

He'd finally receive everything he would have wanted... only to die because of it. :biblethump
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Good theory fam, it's the biggest unknown. I just know whatever happened between Zeref and Mavis that created/led to creating Larcade occurred between their kiss and him returning her body to Hades. On Mavis, she's cursed like Zeref by Ankhseram. She could literally go up to Larcade, hug him and say I love you so much and boom, RIP. Her curse will kill him.
I'm sure of that too, though for all we know, Larcade's either lying or doesn't have the right information, and he could have been a test tube baby used as prototype to bring Natsu back.

Is she really? So far, I haven't seen her be able to affect anyone like that, even when she was thinking of her dead friend, whats-her-name.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think Zeref created Larcade by combining his DNA with Mavis 's DNA.

He is not an Etherious because he is complete opposite to a Demon.



And also Larcade's magic proved that that Mavis and Zeref are not virgins.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
was the magic related to lust or pleasure? if pleasure, that doesn't necessary relate to sex, does it? If so, color me purple for shocked that Cana never got laid.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
was the magic related to lust or pleasure? if pleasure, that doesn't necessary relate to sex, does it? If so, color me purple for shocked that Cana never got laid.
In the latest chapter Larcade revealed that his primary magic deals with sex.He exactly used this word in both MS and CR Translations.




And lel kek you can tag me or reply to my comment directly regarding this question then it becomes easy for me to reply.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Oh, I thought his magic was related to the seven sins. Agony and hunger can be related to sex as well? I know hunger would be related to gluttony, while sex would be related to lust.

Too much work to tag or reply directly when the post is short. <_<
 
Top