1. We are looking for new moderators and News Writers. If you are interested, apply here.
  2. The first voting day of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. We Never Learn, U19, Demon Prince Poro's Diaries, Hungry Marie, Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam. Tell us what you think of the newest additions to the WSJ line-up HERE!
  4. New Week, New Contest!
    It's time for another seasonal contest! The Calligraphy Summer Art Contest has begun. Show your creative writing styles.

Congrats to WithYouInSpirit for winning the Food Photography contest!
  5. Dear members of the Fairy Tail section, please keep in mind that according to our rules spamming as well as bashing are forbidden. Violation will be dealt with accordingly.
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
In case you've missed it, Mangahelpers is recruiting new Moderators/News Writers. If you're interested, please read HERE for more information.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Spriggan 12 General Thread

Discussion in 'Fairy Tail' started by Nemispelled, Aug 3, 2015.

?

Who is your favourite Spriggan?

1. Zeref Dragneel

8.7%
  2. August

22.8%
  3. Irene Belserion

21.3%
  4. Larcade Dragneel

3.9%
  5. Invel Yura

5.5%
  6. God Serena

11.0%
  7. DiMaria Yesta

5.5%
  8. Brandish μ

15.0%
  9. Bradman

0.8%
  10. Ajeel Raml

1.6%
  11. Wall Eehto

0.8%
  12. Jacob Lessio

2.4%
  13. Neinhart

0.8%
  1. Atom

Atom Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Fun Forum
    Holy cow, Dimaria has insane booty

Best female Spriggan <3

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
  2. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Kenya

Ajeel Ramal, Noctiz, Tio and 3 others like this.
  3. Maestro216

Maestro216 Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    So, umm what is the special for the number 12? Still wating for that explanation.

Hachi12 likes this.
  4. Jean Grey

Jean Grey Registered User

Croatia
    well, considering that the Spriggans are 98% done, its time to give my thoughts on them.

1. Ajeel - he has cool magic but he is cocky as hell. I can solo Ishgar despite the fact that one day before, he was facing non-serious Laxus and almost got KO'ed by one attack if it weren't for August, not to mention his defeat by the hands of monsters - Elfman and Lisanna...
    2. Jacob - I won't waste my words on him. he is just trash though his magic was interesting
    3. Neinhart - :yodawg he has OP magic but he is weak outside of that, getting one shotted twice. when he got that power from Irene herself, I though he will be a real deal. then Natsu ruined everything with PoF speech and one shotted him.
    4. God Serena - I liked his personality and his fight against GoI but Hiro killed him off way to soon.
    5. Larcade - he looks ridiculous and he is lame asf. his magic is :notsure
    6. Bloodman - very cool looking. he has all 9 demon Curse. he was killed off in a lamest way.
    7. Wall - very cool looking. he has Weakness magic which can counter everyone and Etherion itself. he got killed off because Hiro doesn't like inhumans
    8. Invel - an ice user so move along. Zeref's bitch. got owned like a bitch.
    9. Brandish - cool magic but I don't understand her at all
    10. Dimaria - badass with OP magic and cool Take Over. she was brought back just to hype Natsu :-_-
    11. August - his backstory is cringe as well as his personality and his title King of Magic is laughable
    12. Irene - Queen of the Dragons is interesting and she has a very beautiful dragon form but her end was so bad that I still don't believe it

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  5. **Salty**

**Salty** Registered User

Finland
    lol all the spriggans has been lame shit without any good development even August is another spittoon, what irritates me is that Spriggans has so much potential but Fairytail is invincible with random power-ups and asspulls, this arc has been pointless one sided annihilation for Fairytail favor...:m3j:m3j:m3j

6. Nemispelled

Nemispelled Registered User

United States
    August's Final Character Review by Nemispelled
    [​IMG]
    After the recent chapters, August dropped on my list, but not by that much... (as the overall consensus seems to be)

The only major problem I have about his character is his monologue speeches about the majesty's child. Other than that, I think he is a decent character.. especially if you are going by Spriggan standards.

His magic isn't that surprising (nothing wrong with being generic) and he has pretty much lived up to the standards that he was portrayed to be. He didn't live up to his full potential, that I agree, but overall, it was acceptable enough.

To say August is as badass as I predicted is a lie.

But I'm going to give him credit where he deserves it:
    • He put Jellal down on the ground not long after their encounter, and this is even with most of OS backing Jellal up
    • He was able to shock Natsu with the sheer power of his heat-based pillar spell
    • He has the capability to split and vaporize the entire town of Magnolia with only his presence
    • He has the best charisma among the Spriggan 12 and is probably the wisest
    • His appearance and personality is reasonable (except for his monologue speech)
    • He wasted no time killing Mira with a single beam (not like Irene who stared at Erza for 7 straight panels)
    • He remained loyal to the Alvarez Empire and Zeref's intended plan (wasn't a traitor like Brandish)
    • Last but not least, he was a worthy opponent for even Gildartz

Overall, I see no significant negative quality regarding his character.. if we don't try to be too picky, that is. He is a relatively decent character for a villain... and is no doubt above average for the Spriggans.

Not as good as Mard Geer or Hades, but higher than Zero from OS. He'd probably be on Future Rogue's level if we're talking about his rank as a good/bad villain.

Score as a Character: 7.5 / 10

Score as a Spriggan: 9 / 10

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  7. Emperor Spriggan

Emperor Spriggan Registered User

Kenya

8. rali56

rali56 Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Abu Dhabi
    [​IMG]
    It really seems that over half of them were filler or weren't important to the overarching story with the ones that actually had importance being treated badly or being underwhelming as hell.

Ajeel
    [​IMG]
    Ajeel is basically the most generic of the Spriggans. He's the guy in every arc who shit talks the heroes then gets his ass kicked when they get serious and are usually the first one to go down. Although his fight with Erza was one of the best fights in this arc IMO. Shame it got ruined by him getting beaten by Elfman and Lisana

August
    [​IMG]

August had the most potential out of all the Spriggans IMO but the problem comes with Hiro retconing him into being a copycat mage and having him become Zeref's son. Which might've been interesting but was ruined by this scene.

[​IMG]

Like him repeating the same words from out of nowhere was bad enough. It didn't help that he actually knew the answer so he was just repeating it for some bullshit reason. His fight with Gildarts was underwhelming and wasn't given much focus. It also had a bad conclusion with him killing himself because he saw Mavis. Even though he saw her earlier in this arc and he didn't react a bit.:cookiestare

Bloodman
    [​IMG]
    Tbh I have really nothing to say about Bloodman. He's just boring to me and didn't do anything of note to really stick. Him having all of Taratours powers was cool though.

Brandish
    [​IMG]

Brandish was the token girl from the evil team that joins the good guys. Which is a real shame because her power was one of the most interesting of the Spriggans and I wanted to at least see her fight seriously against somebody. Her backstory was just okay. Her relationship to August and the rest should've been explored more but that's it I guess.

Dimaria
    [​IMG]

She was an example of a character who was too broken to fight properly. So Hiro had to asspull Ultrear and third origin to take her out after that she really didn't do anything of note other than get taken out by Natsu.

God Serena
    [​IMG]

Hyped up to be one of the strongest. Made the GoIs job then got blitzed by Acno and that was basically it for his character if you don't count the Historia.

Invel Yura
    [​IMG]

Invel is forgettable.
    His design doesn't have anything interesting about it and I sometimes even forget that he's supposed to be one of the twelve. Hell first time I saw him I thought Invel was a different dude and he was just Zeref's secretary.
    Anyway he's the token ice dude for Gray to fight and that's really the least interesting match up you could have for Gray. He also doesn't do anything that makes him stick out from the other twelve except maybe fight Gray and make him want to fight Natsu and that's it.

Eileen
    [​IMG]

Eileen is another character who had the potential to be good but was ruined by a bad fight that was accompanied by a bad backstory.
    First off I think her whole connection to Erza is tacked on as Erza doesn't really care about her in the end and she doesn't care till a bullshit last minute twist. So I think I would've liked her more if you removed the Erza connection because it just adds more to Erza when she really doesn't need it.
    Her fight was stupid with her making constant stupid decisions that seemed out of line with the character that we've seen before and it ended with another of Erza's bullshit like her taking out Eileen's dragon form with one hit because it had enchanted whatever.

Jacob
    [​IMG]

Jacob had an interesting moveset. Him being a magical assassin and all. Problem is the series doesn't really let him use it because if he did then he would've been able to win most of his fights with ease. His weakness was also stupid it might've been funny the first time but after that it's just gets grating how he can oneshot everyone if he bothered to use his skills and actually be sneaky like the assassin part of him implies.

Lacrade
    [​IMG]

You know for a guy who was at first supposed to be the MC's nephew he sure gets the worst treatment of the Spriggans. First his magic is just fanservice shit which makes him look like a joke when he's supposed to be one of the top three Spriggans. Second his connection to Natsu and Zeref is retconed and given to August which leaves him with nothing to him. Finally after all that he gets one fight with Sting in which he gets beaten and then gets killed by Zeref and that's it for his character really.
    He might've saved Brandish or something but that's really where his contribution to the story ends. Which is a shame since at first he was hyped to be the secret weapon of Zeref against Acno.

Neinheart
    [​IMG]

Neinheart is really just a plot device for the Historia's gimmick and that's it really. Other than that he doesn't have anything of note or any other magic. He's just there to revive dead people and then get beaten and that's it really.
    I think I preferred him before his reveal he actually looked mysterious and somebody who could actually be a threat.

Wall
    [​IMG]

My opinion of Wall or whatever is same as Bloodman he really doesn't do anything that sticks out or make me like him or think he was interesting in anyway.
    I mean I think I've liked his fight with Laxus (except for the lighting that surpasses lighting part) but that's really it.

So do you guys also think the Spriggans were disappointing?

MLG Bradman and Darky like this.
  9. Pheromone

Pheromone Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Kingdom of Fiore
    Be more threadworthy if there's a single person here who didn't find the Spriggans disappointing.

Atom likes this.
  10. Debonair Raven

Debonair Raven Registered User

Russian Federation
    Tbh i don't like the spriggans but i feel sad for Irene because she didn't deserve anything that happened to her moreover her only daughter treated her so poorly. Jacob brought a lot of laughs with his silly techniques i think he is funny. If i forced myself to like spriggans i would pick Jacob and Irene.

11. Ice Hunter

Ice Hunter Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Kingdom of Fiore
    I love sprigans, the 12 sprigan is the best enemy so far... if i rate them from most loved then this is my list
    1. Irene : Her backstory when her country & husband betrayed her is the most saddest back story ever, i still can't get over her misfortune
    2. Brandish: pretty love her character, she has the most working brain from all 12 sprigans... yes that is not to fight Fairy Tail.
    3. August: The scene when he call Mavis "mom" is the cutest scene in this arc
    4. Ajeel: His fight with Erza is awesome, he delivered a wonderfull introduction vibe of the war
    5. God Serena: His personality is funny
    6. Larcade: I want to see his magic in the anime... o_O it gonna be pretty lewd withougt getting editted...
    7. Jacob: He has funny fight with Mira and Lucy
    8. Dimaria: Her fight is so good, i liked how she has God take over, she should face Mira with her take over, God vs Evil take over... who will win?
    9. Bloodman: Not much to say... being a Grim reaper make him a bad ass
    10. Wall: He can fire a cannon from a miles is so awesome
    11.Neinhart: His magic is so cool, but i think he is just a filler character
    12.Invel: He is definatley a filler character, he is not leaving a strong impression except that he is an ice user.

12. Doughboy

Doughboy Registered User

United States
    Jacob is honestly the worst one. Besides everything involving dude the Spriggan 12 are my favorite enemies along with Oracion Seis. With the 7 Kin, Tartaros, Avatar you had Zeref's students/groupies, not that I don't like Ultear, Meredy, or Zancrow or Seilah, it's just how they were portrayed as. Be real, most of the S12 disappointment stems from how they lost in their fights which I can't disagree with anyone for that since I'm with that notion too. But seeing 12 different enemies with wild hax magic had it's obvious ups and of course downs. While more could of been delved upon it's still a good amount of memorable ones.