Discussion - Spriggan 12 General Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Who is your favourite Spriggan?

• Total voters

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is just a theory. I am a little late on this, but after re-reading the chapter several times in which some of the Spriggans were revealed, I kinda suspect that Inbel is Ur's husband. Lol. According to the plot, the only thing we know about Ur's husband was that he abandoned Ur at the time Ultear was born.

Since Ur never really talks about her husband, I think there might be a chance that Inbel is Ur's husband. It would make sense since Inbel joined Alvarez, which Ur consider as a traitor or disgrace; therefore, ending the relationship.

Also, he is named the Winter General which kinda makes me suspect that he is strong like "his family" Ur and Ultear. Since Gray already found out about the truth of his parents, Silver and Mika, I think it is also about time for him to find out the truth about his master's legacy and Ultear's family.

The only factor is the age. I do agree that Inbel looks young, but other than the age factor, I think I can see Inbel being Ur's abandoned husband. When I look closely, I can kind of see how he and Ur would make Ultear. I can kind of see some of his features resembling Ultear. Idk lol funny thought, I just see Ultear in him. Lol ahah.

[com=Holt,green,bold,normal,normal]This thread has been converted to discuss General spriggan 12 topics[/com]

Last edited by a moderator:

metsujin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
He looks a bit young to be her husband.

Nizen

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I'm more willing to believe he is Ultear's half-brother with only the genes from his father.

Last edited:

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I highly that Inbel is Ur's husband because the ages would be insanely different. Also that would be another person related to Gray which I think Mashima wouldn't do because Gray already had the whole thing with Silver, Ultear and Lyon. But if he does find out to be Ur's husband, it would be interesting seeing maybe like Gray and Lyon join forces or Ultear and Gray join forces (maybe even Lyon too).

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I highly that Inbel is Ur's husband because the ages would be insanely different. Also that would be another person related to Gray which I think Mashima wouldn't do because Gray already had the whole thing with Silver, Ultear and Lyon. But if he does find out to be Ur's husband, it would be interesting seeing maybe like Gray and Lyon join forces or Ultear and Gray join forces (maybe even Lyon too).
Ultear? But how?

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ultear? But how?
I am not sure what you are referring to, but if you're referring to Ultear possibly intervening with the fight, then it would probably be when Crime Sorciere comes to help Fairy Tail before they get destroyed. If you're referring to how I mentioned that Gray already had the thing with Ultear, I meant how there was that emotional scene where Utear told Gray about her point of view and they fought.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I am not sure what you are referring to, but if you're referring to Ultear possibly intervening with the fight, then it would probably be when Crime Sorciere comes to help Fairy Tail before they get destroyed. If you're referring to how I mentioned that Gray already had the thing with Ultear, I meant how there was that emotional scene where Utear told Gray about her point of view and they fought.
You said "...Ultear and Gray join forces..". How? Ultear now is a grandma, isn't she?

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Is it possible that Ultear will come back?

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
You said "...Ultear and Gray join forces..". How? Ultear now is a grandma, isn't she?

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Is it possible that Ultear will come back?
My bad, I completely forgot about Ultear's current age and although it is possible she might make a return I do doubt it.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Actually I do hope Ultear will come back. But since she is a grandma, I doubt she will become young and join forces

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

I really wonder who Inbel is..

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am almost certain that Inbel will have a good role in this arc because of Gray's reaction to the information about him and Inbel being close to the head of the Spriggan 12.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
On topic: Even if they were the same age Ur would be too much (hot and saucy she is) for Invel.

I don't see why there has to be a connection to Gray and Invel. They're from different continents and nothing screams out 'connection' between the 2 outside their magic. I would rather they have no connection to Ur/himself because he has had enough of those with Lyon, Ultear and Silver. It would sound random to me for Invel to be related to Gray in some way.

RaizenSlayer

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the only connection between Invel and Gray is literally the fact that they are both Ice Mages. All the manga showed was Gray saying "Ice magic.." aka the same magic he himself uses. Naturally it is expected to see those two fight later on in the arc but in terms of the Ur relationship, I am willing to go with Invel being a student of Ur that nobody knew about or something along that extent, but nothing more to it.
"

Vasgoko

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I think you guys are missing the point. It's not so much like Gray and Inbel are related. Actually, they have completely different DNA and blood. The point of the thread was to compare Ur and Inbel not Gray and Inbel. And actually, both Ur and Inbel are ice mages, but not just any ice Mage.

Both of them are the strongest ice mages we know of in their respective continents.

Inbel, the Winter General. And Ur, One of the Strongest Mage of The North.

Inbel, one of the 12 Spriggans. Ur, offered to be titled 10 Wizard Saint.

Inbel, no wife as far as we know. Ur, husband left after Ultear was born, basically a divorce.

So yeah, not likely but possible.

This thread didn't say Gray and Inbel are related. It just said Gray will likely fight Inbel which is true. It was supposed to be more about Ur and Inbel

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
^When I say related I don't mean in the family way. If there is a connection between Invel and Ur then there is an indirect connection to Gray. Gray-Ur-Invel. Just like Gray-Ur-Ultear. I just find it repetitive.

Vasgoko

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yeah, I understand what you mean, but it's not like Gray had anything to do with this thread to begin with. From the looks of it, I thought it was more on Ur and Inbel, since both seem to share a lot of similarities.

It seems so far that the main problem here in everyone's minds is the age gap. But after looking to it, I'm not sure if the age gap is that far.

Looks actually can be deceiving.

After last chapter, it's safe to say Brandish is around 10 years older than Lucy, which means, including the 7 year stasis that FT had on Tenrou Island, Lucy should be around 24-26.

If that's the case, that would leave Brandish at like mid 30's, which totally does not look like her because Brandish looks like she is Lucy's age.

So Brandish looks mid 20's but is actually probably mid 30's.

Inbel looks high 20's or 30, so he could be like high 30's or 40

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I just wanted to know what you guys' opinions were on the rank of each of the Spriggan 12. I understand that we don't have much information about the Spriggans at the moment but I was just purely wondering about what you guys I thought. These are my thoughts at the current moment:
August- One of the higher ranked Spriggans based of the words of Makarov.
Ajeel- One of the weaker Spriggans due to his early defeat to Erza and his reactions to Laxus' raw power.
Invel-One of the stronger Spriggans due to his role in the Empire that appears to be some sort of leader.
God Serena- Not the strongest of the Spriggans but not one to be underestimated.
Wahl- One of the weaker Spriggans although his magic is extremely useful against opponents who may be weak to his magic.
Brandish- Although she may not be one of the strongest Spriggans she is not one to be underestimated as she can change your physical size in an instant.
Dimaria-A strong opponent that's attitude is strong (shown through her hatred for Brandish)

(Please feel free to mention any Spriggans I have forgotten that are dominant in the current story)

Vasgoko

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
High ranked tier Spriggans:

Orgast (August )
Neinhart
Brandish
Bloodman
God Serena

Mid ranked tier Spriggans:

Inbel
Wahl

Low ranked tier Spriggans:

Ajeel
Dimaria

Unknown ranked tier Spriggans:

Rest of the Spriggans we haven't seen

It's quite simple.

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
High ranked tier Spriggans:

Orgast (August )
Neinhart
Brandish
Bloodman
God Serena

Mid ranked tier Spriggans:

Inbel
Wahl

Low ranked tier Spriggans:

Ajeel
Dimaria

Unknown ranked tier Spriggans:

Rest of the Spriggans we haven't seen

It's quite simple.
How can you rank Neinhart and Bloodman as high-ranked Spriggans when we are yet to see or hear anything about them? And I'm just curious, but what makes you think Dimaria is one of the weaker Spriggans?

Vasgoko

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
How can you rank Neinhart and Bloodman as high-ranked Spriggans when we are yet to see or hear anything about them? And I'm just curious, but what makes you think Dimaria is one of the weaker Spriggans?
Well, some are pure speculation.

For Neinhart and Bloodman, if memory serves correctly, Makarov said those two are formidable and are quite unknown. At the meeting, Inbel even said that a few Spriggans disobeyed the order and chose not to attend the meeting. It was kinda implied that they were strong and that even some of the Spriggans feared the ones that disobeyed Zeref's orders. Again, if memory serves me right, Inbel was referring to Neinhart. I put Bloodman with Neinhart as well cuz they were both similar and we're both strong according to Makarov.

Now for Dimaria, I out her same as Ajeel's rank for two reasons. One, Ajeel and Dimaria apparently look like they are best buddies. They even showed up together at the meeting and they seem similar in terms of characterization and personality. Also, Brandish seems way superior to Dimaria.

Mystic Mistral

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I feel like August ranks the highest among the spriggans that Makarov knows about . There are still 3 left whose names are unknown to him . The guy in the armor looks pretty strong..