Life The MangaHelpers Confessional Thread - Part 3

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm not afraid, but I don't like getting bitched or nagged at.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I confess if there's one thing I wish I could go back and change, it'd be my reclusiveness. I'd be more outgoing and shit, and I'm sad I missed out on a lot because I chose to stay home and socialize on the computer where my hearing impairment and speech impediment weren't factors, rather than go out there and go for it anyway.

I confess it's gotten me jealous of some friends to the point that it was creeping me out.

I confess that I plan on getting a tattoo and can't wait!

Knight of Stalwart Heart

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I confess if there's one thing I wish I could go back and change, it'd be my reclusiveness. I'd be more outgoing and shit, and I'm sad I missed out on a lot because I chose to stay home and socialize on the computer where my hearing impairment and speech impediment weren't factors, rather than go out there and go for it anyway.

I confess it's gotten me jealous of some friends to the point that it was creeping me out.

I confess that I plan on getting a tattoo and can't wait!
"Socializing" online is mostly a useless effort. Most people online don’t really care or only pretend to care about you. It's funny how fast and easily people online ditch you once you lose your lustre too. Sure, you might send some packages to each other and meet each other once a year or a few times every few years but that will be the extent of your friendship. Online people aren't and can't be real friends (the only way they can be real friends is if you talk to them, keep in touch with them and actually know them IRL after you've met them online), period.

You can still be less reclusive and be more outgoing and meet real people and actually socialize for real even now and not miss out on more stuff, if you aren't doing it already.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
"Socializing" online is mostly a useless effort. Most people online don’t really care or only pretend to care about you. It's funny how fast and easily people online ditch you once you lose your lustre too. Sure, you might send some packages to each other and meet each other once a year or a few times every few years but that will be the extent of your friendship. Online people aren't and can't be real friends (the only way they can be real friends is if you talk to them, keep in touch with them and actually know them IRL after you've met them online), period.

You can still be less reclusive and be more outgoing and meet real people and actually socialize for real even now and not miss out on more stuff, if you aren't doing it already.
idk, some people have cared, and I've met some of them in real life as well, especially some from this forum. One friend I met on Twitter let me stay at his house when I visited his city, and eni and I keep in touch at random times. But otherwise, that's not that much different from high school friends, where after you graduate you start drifting apart or just stop talking to each other.

But what I'm saying is that I regret being reclusive and should have been more outgoing and gone out with real life friends starting from high school.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I was planning to leave this place because i was wasting a lot of time and i wasn't leaving the house for straight 3 months. Some of my old bad habits were coming back and i wanted to help myself. I changed everything i do and decided to work, Any work even if it's not in my field. I wanted to keep myself busy at all costs. I applied for vodafone uk international customer service and they fucking accepted me lol. My interview was a disaster, My right eye was very swollen and i looked like shit, I had no confidence and i was stuttering so hard and laughing. Honestly i don't know why they accepted me. whatever, When i saw the salary i said to myself cool, that's almost equal to my previous job but then i realized they hire people from third world countries because they can trick them with low wages. I mean if they paid us like they pay people in the u.k. I would easily make at the very least 40k L.E a month and that's huge here. They are exploiting people to work for less money but to me it's better than nothing honestly. Now i get to practice my English with real people who are native. It's hard for me like i expected because i can't hear what they are saying sometimes and i ask them to repeat what they have said over and over. :notrust

I want to share my activity log in the past 3 months vs the past 19 days.

Before 9th of March, I did little to no activity like you see here. So i decided to change that and actually do new stuff. I went to a therapist too, I told her that i'm staring at myscreen for hours doing nothing and i'm addicted to to staring at my screen and other things that i can't say here. She asked me to comeback and control myself and mange my time and make scheduling for everything, She said it looks like i ran away from my problems and i have to face it and defeat my bad habits. Honestly she sounds very cringy to me but if she is right, I'm will be forever in her debt. Right now I'm doing great so far. I have decided to visit MH once per month and i hope i don't sink in addiction again.

Shaz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I confess I dislike pineapple on Pizza.