Amaethon said:
I only have like one post at KHU. XD
When did you start learning all of these languages? Did you teach yourself any of them?
Did you beat KHII yet?
Sorry that I'm asking so many questions. Thanks for answering them all.
Aaaages ago.
Irish and English are my native languages.
I picked up Spanish from having Spanish au pairs and being in Barcelona a lot when I was younger, but lack of use has made it go bye-bye.
I did French for 4 years in school.
I did German for 7 years, 6 in school and 1 in college.
Japanese...uh...what did I say before, 8 years? Began self-taught, worked into formal teaching and through exposure.
Chinese I've started studying through Pimsleur, but I'm still awful at it.
KHII, yup, on my second playthrough. Proud Mode a go-go!
Gold Knight said:
I think I have the first book of the Discworld series lying around somewhere in my house, Color of Magic. I really ought to get around to reading it.
I was pretty surprised by the full release of volume 32, how you guys did it so quick!
Hope this question doesn't offend, but I was wondering how much work Inane and Narutard does respectively, what/how much credit goes to each for the whole Volume 32 release?
From what I've seen, it's pretty good teamwork one way or another, though.
Yes.
You must read it.
Really.
For volume 32, Narutotrad did the cleaning and Inane did the translation/typesetting. Except chapter 281, that was entirely Inane.
Anax said:
What are the Discworld books like? I've played Discworld II: Missing Presumed..?! and Discworld noir on PSX (never beat the first 'cause the CD wasn't mine, then it was given to me, but now I don't have a save and don't remember where the CD is). If the books are anything like utter craziness of the game then I must have them!

Seriously though, if Rincewind and Luggage are in them...
The Discworld books are absolutely amazing. Pratchett creates the most believable fantasy world ever because he never hesitates to point out it and its characters' shortcomings in the books, has realistic characters, and he's a master of human nature.
Rincewind is in...7 books so far. There's well over 30 released. Each book has a certain focus, like there's books about the Watch, books about Deah, books about Rincewind, books about the Witches, and totally independent books. The wizards usually show up in most of them, they're brilliant.
They're the most fantastic, and most hilarious books in existence. It's a happy mix of subtle humour and outrageous humour, though it's mostly through the characters' speech an actions, it's the most natural humour I've seen.