The Pazuzu thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Pazuzu thread

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Anax said:
Ratfox is slowly but steadily becoming a Panda in my head...
He isn't a panda? :O

Thanks, Pazuzu. Much, much appreciated.

Is Onmyou Taisenki a manga or an anime? Looks interesting.

Amaethon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
@Hermie --> The Naruto article wasn't messed up enough, so I messed it up even more... though I don't know its present state (nor do I care, these guys keep banning and banning and last time I checked I was banned for having a dynamic IP address for crying out loud).
Loved the "You have two cows" jokes (though I must have hardly read more than 20%).

@Paz --> Where are you? Get back here you gray hairball :tem :D

Pazuzu

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anax said:
So, you are into martial arts? What kinds of martial arts? Are you excercising martial arts now/did so in the past? Are you studying any martial arts? You see, I was excercising Tae-Kwon-Do (ITF) for 2 years until I quit, due to my sensei and his issues. However, the experience of a martial art radically altered my view over martial arts today and martial arts in the past. I more or less don't have faith in todays instructors to convey the esoteric teachings of any martial art. They just give you a knife and teach you to stab, without the proper ethical and spiritual if I may say so, preparation. This leaves the averege trainee with power, often more power than one can take, lacking the moral background of a true deciple, possibly ending killing someone in a stupid brawl...
Being somewhat of a mystic, mostly due to a family tradition starting not very long ago with my grandfather, I was drawn to the more subtle martial arts, the less martial and more artful ones. So, Neji, with his soft fists that utilize chakra, is reminiscent of Akido's "ki" and its properties. My knowledge on these matters is still very limited, I could only claim to know a few things about Aikido that I've read in a few books I bought (being genuinely interested in "ki" alone) and almost nothing of all other "ki" using martial arts. It'd be great if you and I had the chance to have a talk at some point. I'd like to know what you know, and have experienced :tem
1) Yep.
2) Studying karate, but it's one of my life goals to get a change to study Baguazhang.
3) Yup, still knee-deep in karate.

Yeah, we've had issues with our sensei too, and that's been the reason for a big decline in the club. So I've sorta been drifting away from that and into another one, which I'm more rooted in now. And yes, infusing a student with power and no guide on how to use it is definitely a problem among a lot of instructors these days.

Our chief sensei over in Japan studied the soft-fist styles in China, among other things (insert burning jealousy here), and I'm going over to train there this year, so we'll see how that works out.

Anax said:
Oops, I almost forgot! GK has had to answer this question too: Do your avatar and alias represent you in a way that you don't mind us associating you with them?
I think the expression sort of fits me. My actual motto is Hakuna Matata, as in "no worries". I get a share of stress like everyone else, but I tend to be easy-going a lot of the time with things. Lots of people tell me I'm the most easy-going person they know. o.O

Gold Knight said:
Is Onmyou Taisenki a manga or an anime? Looks interesting.
Both. The anime finished its run a while ago, but the manga's released in monthly V-Jump, which means it takes aaaaages to come out, and is still going. Kinda strange, since the manga's sort of supposed to be a prequel to the anime.

And yes! The Wikis have everything! Let the world know of their greatness!

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Whoa. When are you planning to go to China to train, Pazuzu? That sounds so neat.

And your avatar doesn't look... easy-going to me. XD

Also, what is V-jump? This is the first I've heard of a V-jump. And is there a way for me to read the manga somewhere on the internet?

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
@Paz --> I'm still trying to gather willpower to meet up with various instructors... In Kavala there's schools for: Iaido, Aikido, Jujutsu, Ninjutsu and Kyokushinkai Karate in one school ( :blink ), Tae Kwon Do (have only heard of that), Pangration (ancient Greek boxing and wrestling mix I think). You know, your character exposé of Neji is what truly got me interested in Baguazhang... I guess Tai Chi Chuan, Aikido and Ninpo should be my other choices on that matter, based on softness and use of "ki". I wonder what the relation between Hapkido and "ki" is, as I know absolutely nothing about Hapkido. Nothing.
Side Note: I read in Shoto Tanemura's book "Secrets of Ninpo" that in Ninpo "hand seals" are truly used! Though the book did say they're high class martial techniques that are dangerously close to such matters as "religion" and what is "divine". Still, I find it mesmerisingly magnificent...

Gold Knight said:
And your avatar doesn't look... easy-going to me. XD
His avatar looks like a manga version of a grey cat! How can you resist a grey cat?

@ Paz again --> We're gonna be shooting an amature film with a bunch of friends and I'll be playing a Greek metalhead satanist with a bunch of borthers that got separated from birth and lived in opposite sides of the world. That or it's gonna be just one brother living in Texas having met al sorts of people, tellling stories, mimicking everything (think Scooby Doo in the imitation department). So... I need help with the Irish accent, hints tips and common words you use in English :D For one, do you tend to elongate the last word of a sentence, with a change in tone too? Like:

"How you be doin' today Anaaaaaax?"

Is it even possible to do this via text? Any movies I should watch? Thanks in advance :tem

EDIT/

I just read somethign in another post. It was about a Edited Manga meant not to be posted at NF and all. MnK also said it was probably a joke. So, I recall INANE Edited Mangas saying "please do not distribute outside IRC" and also "NF is not authorized to distribute our scanaltions". Is this a joke or fact? If it's true, how do you feel about it? Thanks :tem

Amaethon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pazzy, I think I've discovered I want to learn Norwegian. It's weird, but oh well. I saw it in an episode of the X-Files and it was pretty awesome. :spaz

So I will get the Pimsleur for that. Anything else you think?

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Amaethon said:
Pazzy, I think I've discovered I want to learn Norwegian. It's weird, but oh well. I saw it in an episode of the X-Files and it was pretty awesome. :spaz
O.O

should I make a Learn Norwegian thread for you, Giro?

Amaethon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hermie said:
O.O

should I make a Learn Norwegian thread for you, Giro?
You know Norwegian? :spaz Sure, that would be nifty. :tem

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway
lmao, shouldn't everybody know that I am Norwegian by now.? :p

thread is up. ^_^

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Finally Hermie, I can learn more Norwegian XD

Amaethon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pazzy, can I have your MSN?

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
@Paz --> Are you even alive? I haven't seen you in forever!!

P.S.: I miss you! :scry

HellbentTheGreatShinobi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
I hate to be a burden...Just a random question and I hope someone will answer me... What Japanese word to use which means 'legacy' and 'son'? And which of the two did Kishimoto officially used in the manga? I'm not Japanese so please pardon me and thanks in advance...

Pazuzu

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Gold Knight said:
Whoa. When are you planning to go to China to train, Pazuzu? That sounds so neat.
Well, it's one of those dreams for the future. I dunno if it'll ever happen, probably not, but it's nice to have.

Gold Knight said:
Also, what is V-jump? This is the first I've heard of a V-jump. And is there a way for me to read the manga somewhere on the internet?
It's a monthly Jump. Has manga like Digimon Next, Onmyou Taisenki and Yu-Gi-Oh R. Onmyou hasn't been scanlated yet, a small group I'm in was supposed to make a start on it a year or so ago, but we got a small plague of bad luck and it got cancelled. Maybe sometime soon.

Anax said:
Side Note: I read in Shoto Tanemura's book "Secrets of Ninpo" that in Ninpo "hand seals" are truly used! Though the book did say they're high class martial techniques that are dangerously close to such matters as "religion" and what is "divine". Still, I find it mesmerisingly magnificent...
Yup. It's supposed to be sort of a Taoist thing. Or something. They say that they used hand seals to use magic. Sarutobi Sasuke was said to be able to become invisible with hand seals.

Anax said:
@ Paz again --> We're gonna be shooting an amature film with a bunch of friends and I'll be playing a Greek metalhead satanist with a bunch of borthers that got separated from birth and lived in opposite sides of the world. That or it's gonna be just one brother living in Texas having met al sorts of people, tellling stories, mimicking everything (think Scooby Doo in the imitation department). So... I need help with the Irish accent, hints tips and common words you use in English :D For one, do you tend to elongate the last word of a sentence, with a change in tone too? Like:

"How you be doin' today Anaaaaaax?"

Is it even possible to do this via text? Any movies I should watch? Thanks in advance :tem
Um...that's nothing at ALL like an Irish accent. XD Sound more New Yorker-like to me.
There's different traits to the different regional dialects in Ireland, but a fairly standard Irish accent is used by Chief O'Brien in Deep Space Nine. It's one of those things like Received Pronunciation in England; nobody ever actually talks like that, but it's a good base starting point.

Anax said:
I just read somethign in another post. It was about a Edited Manga meant not to be posted at NF and all. MnK also said it was probably a joke. So, I recall INANE Edited Mangas saying "please do not distribute outside IRC" and also "NF is not authorized to distribute our scanaltions". Is this a joke or fact? If it's true, how do you feel about it? Thanks :tem
Fact. Long story, too.

It was pretty much a complaint about NF having donate links right beside the links to our releases, and we'd heard from a bunch of happy donators who thought the money was going to us, towards furthering the Edited Mangas, which wasn't true. And this led to a big disagreement, followed by us demanding NF stop hosting our releases. But then Tazmo agreed to take away the donate links, and the feud stopped. So we're all happy and dandy now.

(Incidentally, a lot of fans didn't know about that and thought we were just being arrogant bollockses about the whole thing. That whole misunderstanding and anti-Inane feeling led to the birth of Shannaro.)

Amaethon said:

So I will get the Pimsleur for that. Anything else you think?
zomg Norwayish.

Maybe try Rosetta Stone. It's good for vocab, or so I'm finding with the Chinese one. Or use Hermie's thread, yeah. XD

Amaethon said:
Pazzy, can I have your MSN?
Ask me on IRC for it.
>_>
<_<
I tend to use AIM more anyway.

tyger said:
i heart pazuzu ;)
<3 <3 <3

Anax said:
@Paz --> Are you even alive? I haven't seen you in forever!!

P.S.: I miss you! :scry
I LIVE! FOR THE HORDE!!

HellbentTheGreatShinobi said:
I hate to be a burden...Just a random question and I hope someone will answer me... What Japanese word to use which means 'legacy' and 'son'? And which of the two did Kishimoto officially used in the manga? I'm not Japanese so please pardon me and thanks in advance...
Erm...where in the manga?

HellbentTheGreatShinobi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Erm...where in the manga? -- Pazuzu

Sorry if I forgot the exact chapter, but I'm sure it was way back when Kisame and Itachi came to Konoha to find Naruto. The Itachi said something like "so he's the 4th's legcay'... Can you give me the Japanese term for 'legacy' and that of the 'son'... Thanks a lot!

glasskatana

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Pazuzu, just wanted to thank you (inane) for all the great scans. I must admit there have been times where I was irritated with Inane, but for the most part I like your scans the best. ESPECIALLY CHAPTERS 140-142. Your scans were far superior to all others. Just wanted to say thanks for all your work.

Amaethon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pazzy, I can't find intermediate and advance Norwegian learning materials for when I'm no longer a beginner. :(