The Pazuzu thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Pazuzu thread

Pazuzu

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Amaethon said:
I can't wait to play! I'm waiting for the US release though, because I don't have one of those emulator thingies to play the Asian games. I've actually never imported anything before. What was your favorite world to play? Favorite new/returning characters?

Does my ammount of questions annoy you? XD

Also, if I want to teach myself a language, do you have an opinion on which on I should do usling like online/free materials?
I don't have an emulator, I don't think good PS2 ones exist. o.O Yay modchipped PS2s!

Favourite world: I want to say the Pride Lands out of loyalty to my favourite movie, but it's one of the most frustrating world to play in. Ditto for Port Royal. So I'd say...the last world.
Favourite new character: Axel. He's by far my favourite member of the Order. Also Roxas.
Favourite returning character: Mickey! Yay Mickey!

Never annoyance! Never! It makes me feel loved!

Which language you should learn? Couldn't say, it's really something that has to be up to you. You need a language that goes "I LOVE YOU! LEARN ME!" and makes you feel like "ZOMG I LOVE YOU TOO! LET'S MAKE BABIES!"
...or something like that. ¬.¬
And for online materials, see if you can find a Pimsleur torrent. Brilliant for learning to speak a language. I've heard good things about Rosetta Stone, but I've only used it for about 2 minutes so I can't really talk about it.

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Pazuzu said:
Which language you should learn? Couldn't say, it's really something that has to be up to you. You need a language that goes "I LOVE YOU! LEARN ME!" and makes you feel like "ZOMG I LOVE YOU TOO! LET'S MAKE BABIES!"
*Thinking of the babies he and the English language could have as well as the problems of a triangle involving Japanese*

There's so many languages I'd vaguely like to speak such as Ancient Egyptian, Ancient Greek, (Ancient) Latin, Gaelic, Suomi (lots of [L]s :tem ). Imagine all the babies... :D

Anyway, more news on the book department! You absolutely must read the Tales of the Otori Trilogy!! You just have to!! It's a romantic story taking place in feudal Japan involving a boy who becomes orphaned early in his life and is raised partially as an Otori and partially as a member of the Tribe. The Tribe is actually a tribe of people who are born with ninja powers. Besides romance the story includes amazing fighting scenes, mind numbing plot twists, deep character development and a fresh type of narration, mostly through the main character's eyes. Lian Hearn is a great writer and this is a great trilogy which you MUST read! I actually read the last book in one day and I'm planning to get the trilogy in English along with "His Dark Materials". You should get them soon, like... yesterday! :D

Why don't we see you around that much?

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
You can find the books on Amazon by searching for them individually ( Across the Nightingale Floor, Grass for His Pillow, Brilliance of the Moon) or by artist name: Lian Hearn, or by trilogy name: Tales of the Ototri trilogy. Hope you find them, and in the shadows bind them, er, read them :tem

As for seeing you around, I mean here :tem Then again, you might be an NF person rather MH, I don't know :sweat

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Pazuzu hides himself within the shadows, ya know, Anax. ;)

Pazuzu

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes. Because that is my ninja way.

Amaethon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pazuzu said:
I don't have an emulator, I don't think good PS2 ones exist. o.O Yay modchipped PS2s!

Favourite world: I want to say the Pride Lands out of loyalty to my favourite movie, but it's one of the most frustrating world to play in. Ditto for Port Royal. So I'd say...the last world.
Favourite new character: Axel. He's by far my favourite member of the Order. Also Roxas.
Favourite returning character: Mickey! Yay Mickey!
I've liked Axel too since CoM. Roxas looks cool. Are his buddies involved much in the game, or are they just minor characters? Edit: Also, are there any cool new keyblade designs?

...or something like that. ¬.¬
And for online materials, see if you can find a Pimsleur torrent. Brilliant for learning to speak a language. I've heard good things about Rosetta Stone, but I've only used it for about 2 minutes so I can't really talk about it.
LOL! I'll have to look for the one that says that then. :spaz Reps to you @ NF for this one. It was pretty funny. Also, say that my parents were going to help fund my learning of a foreign language to teach myself off the net. Is there a certain good text book publisher for that kinda stuff? Or would I even use a text book? How did you teach yourself languages anyway? :spaz

Pazuzu

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Textbooks usually vary by language, so it's difficult to give a generalization. The Teach Yourself ones tend to be somewhat good, though.
I'd still recommend Pimsleur if you want to learn how to speak the language.

And yeah, the Roxettes don't play much of a role past Roxas's part of the game. But they're fairly major in that part.
And if you like Axel in CoM, you'll love him in KH2. He really is great.
Keylbades...I dunno. Personal tastes, I suppose, but then I always use Oblivion. Anything has to be better than KH's Ultima Weapon though, it looks like a skeletal fish.

Amaethon

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah. I'm defintely gonna get one of the Pimsleurs once I figure out what language wants to make babies with me. Then I'll ask you about things a little more. Pazzy is like my hero. *_*

Hey Paz, did you see the KHIII trailer? What was it like?

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Paz, you have 43 posts here. Do you come around? Do you check the place often? Are you really the lurker kind of person who'd rather read what others have to say than speak themselves? Do you have an intense life outside cyberspace that earts away at your time? Tell us! Please make a post (when you feel like it) with a lot of things about you and your life. What's it like, what was it like, what do you want it to be like etc.

Pretty please with sugar on top? :D

The Wolf: Jimmie, lead the way. Boys, get to work.
Vincent: A please would be nice.
The Wolf: What?
Vincent: I said a please would be nice.
The Wolf: Get it straight, gentlemen: I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do. And if self-preservation is an instinct that you possess, you'd better do it and do it quick. If my help's not appreciated, lots of luck, gentlemen.
Jules: No, Mr. Wolf, it ain't like that...
Vincent: I don't mean any disrespect, I just don't like people barking orders at me.
The Wolf: If I'm curt with you, it's because time is a factor here. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you want to get out of this. So, pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
^
I think Paz just likes to play games more than being here. xD

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
You know GK, at this point I just love WoW, but this place has grown inside me from a replacement to WoW in Leonidion where I'm on dial-up and there's no net café, to a true rival! I sometimes seriously think whether I want to log in on Genjuros or here! Moreso, sometimes even during play, when things are being slow and there's not much hype, I minimize the WoW window and take advantage of the net café's fast connection to make a fast post or two. Though I've been where Paz is now and don't blame him :tem Hell, when the next Harry Potter comes out (or any other book I've really been looking forward to) comes out, I will vanish from the face of the earth! Literally people will not see me till I'm done reading! I guess some of us are inate -holics :sweat

@Paz -->
Is inane English or Japanese? In English it means stupid which is kind of confusing...

What do you like the most about Neji?
a)Personality
b)Drawing
c)Jutsus
d)Background
e) Particular way of speaking (assuming that in the japanese version he has one)
f) "How can I be expected to pick!? All of the above please!"

So, you too have been dumbfounded by wikipedia's vast coverage of topics, with articles spaning from history, to cats (zoology), to WoW, to Naruto, to a remote village up on a mountain in southern Greece (seen that and freaked out)?

Amaethon

Reaction score
Country
United States
What kind of music do you listen to, Pazzy?

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Pazuzu, somewhat a different question, more of a request, really. You have a subforum dedicated to your translations here, though it's to date still empty, since you don't really submit raw translations or don't show them until the Inane Edited Mangas are out.

However, you are known for translating Databook pages, something a large number of fans are pretty curious about, do you think you would be up to copying some of these translations that you've already done to that subforum? Possibly in the company of the pages? It would serve as a nice point of reference here at MH. Thanks.

ryderdm3

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Pazuzu, thanks a lot for the translations in the past and in the future!

I was curious, are you going to continue to translate the upcoming Naruto anime episodes? I know you have a thread at NF, but the episode titles haven't been updated in a while. I understand you're probably busy as all hell, but it was kinda nice to have. Especially with the filler going on. Thanks again.

Pazuzu

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
*explodes back in in a dazzling, and extremely expensive, display of flashing lights and possibly some sound effects, if I can still afford them after the visuals*
Exams OVER! Huzzah! FREEDOM! (for only a week, but still, FREEDOM)

Anax said:
Paz, you have 43 posts here. Do you come around? Do you check the place often? Are you really the lurker kind of person who'd rather read what others have to say than speak themselves? Do you have an intense life outside cyberspace that earts away at your time?
Yes, yes, sort of, sort of. XD
I do check the place often, it's just come at an awkward time, since over the Christmas I pretty much took a lot of time off the internet. (I wasn't playing KH2 all the time, I swear. >_>)
And yeah, I like reading what other people say. I have this fear that some things I post'll look snarky, so I don't tend to post all that often.
But when I find a topic I like and feel strongly about, I tend to make this big long-winded post that goes into ridiculous amounts of detail. Check out my post history on NF, it's full of them. Unfortunately, those posts are always either ignored or not followed by ANYTHING. Such is life.

Anax said:
Is inane English or Japanese? In English it means stupid which is kind of confusing...
English. Don't ask me where the name came from, I never had a clue.

Anax said:
What do you like the most about Neji?
a)Personality
b)Drawing
c)Jutsus
d)Background
e) Particular way of speaking (assuming that in the japanese version he has one)
f) "How can I be expected to pick!? All of the above please!"
I call option f.
I honestly could not STAND him up till after his fight with Naruto. Hated his personality, hated everything about him. It really wasn't till his Kidoumaru fight that I started to like him, and his very last line there brought me over to his side completely. The Naruto-Neji fight's always been my favourite fight in Naruto.
Plus, as someone into marital arts too, his fighting style really interests me.

Anax said:
So, you too have been dumbfounded by wikipedia's vast coverage of topics, with articles spaning from history, to cats (zoology), to WoW, to Naruto, to a remote village up on a mountain in southern Greece (seen that and freaked out)?
Yus. One of my most common quotes is "Wikipedia has EVERYTHING!".

Amaethon said:
What kind of music do you listen to, Pazzy?
Pretty much anything I get.
I'm a huge fan of 80s music, as evidenced by my current Genesis high. But I'll also listen to some cheesy 90s music, some power metal, happy cheery anime songs, etc. (My favourite Naruto opening is the fourth one, THE happy cheery one. XD)

Gold Knight said:
Pazuzu, somewhat a different question, more of a request, really. You have a subforum dedicated to your translations here, though it's to date still empty, since you don't really submit raw translations or don't show them until the Inane Edited Mangas are out.

However, you are known for translating Databook pages, something a large number of fans are pretty curious about, do you think you would be up to copying some of these translations that you've already done to that subforum? Possibly in the company of the pages? It would serve as a nice point of reference here at MH. Thanks.
I actually hadn't thought of that. Yeah, I'll get working on it.

ryderdm3 said:
I was curious, are you going to continue to translate the upcoming Naruto anime episodes? I know you have a thread at NF, but the episode titles haven't been updated in a while. I understand you're probably busy as all hell, but it was kinda nice to have. Especially with the filler going on. Thanks again.
Yeah, I took time off doing that for Christmas, that plus the fact that I haven't watched the anime since about July/August, just gave up on it.
I'd say I'll start posting up titles+summaries again when I get the February bunch.

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Pazzy, what is the character in your avatar?

What is the greatest moment in your life so far?

Do you like travelling? If yes, where do you want to go the most? Why?

Do you draw or colour?

Pazuzu

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
eileenting88 said:
Pazzy, what is the character in your avatar?
Kogenta, from Onmyou Taisenki. I'm a big Byakko fanboy.

eileenting88 said:
What is the greatest moment in your life so far?
I couldn't really say. I don't think anything's happened so far that's really stood out hugely. Yet.

eileenting88 said:
Do you like travelling? If yes, where do you want to go the most? Why?
I love travelling. One thing I'd like to do is travel around Europe and eastern Asia. I love the experience of being in new cultures and being totally surrounded by new things.

eileenting88 said:
Do you draw or colour?
God no. My artistic talent extends about as far as basic stick figures.

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Pazuzu said:
*explodes back in in a dazzling, and extremely expensive, display of flashing lights and possibly some sound effects, if I can still afford them after the visuals*
Exams OVER! Huzzah! FREEDOM! (for only a week, but still, FREEDOM)
Ah... that feeling. Of course this time in life I'm undergoing the funniest exam period ever! Sometimes it snows and we skip exams, sometimes it snows but we don't, sometimes I take the exam sometimes I don't. Somehow I missed the frist examination (you generally have two chances to pass a class) of Discrete Mathematics (the same discrete mathematics that indiscretely entered my life</badpun>). Somehow I might even fail English for Genma's sakes! Never been to any English class since high school, since I thought I was too good for that. Well, it appears we need to have our coursebooks with us during the examination (two times I went to the library and they didn't have them so I gave up), plus some photocopies (never been to any class == never got a thing) and also to know how to write: letters of asking questions, a resumé, a curriculum something and one more things I don't even remember :err Man... that should teach me! (though I might refuse to learn anyway).
And yeah, I like reading what other people say. I have this fear that some things I post'll look snarky, so I don't tend to post all that often.
But when I find a topic I like and feel strongly about, I tend to make this big long-winded post that goes into ridiculous amounts of detail. Check out my post history on NF, it's full of them. Unfortunately, those posts are always either ignored or not followed by ANYTHING. Such is life.
You can rest assured that I know your pain. Our difference is that nothing ever kept me from talking! Why? Hell, if a single person ever understands me or sees themselves in my post or just like it, then it's worth it! And if no one ever does, it's still worth it, because you did your part and at some point, someone might!
I honestly could not STAND him up till after his fight with Naruto. Hated his personality, hated everything about him. It really wasn't till his Kidoumaru fight that I started to like him, and his very last line there brought me over to his side completely. The Naruto-Neji fight's always been my favourite fight in Naruto.
Plus, as someone into marital arts too, his fighting style really interests me.
Up to the Naruto-Neji fight I just liked his martial arts style and found him to be as rigid in his beliefs as (quite surprisingly) a lot of the (young) people I've met here in Kavala. Later on, after "Naruto's touch", Neji grew in me too.

So, you are into martial arts? What kinds of martial arts? Are you excercising martial arts now/did so in the past? Are you studying any martial arts? You see, I was excercising Tae-Kwon-Do (ITF) for 2 years until I quit, due to my sensei and his issues. However, the experience of a martial art radically altered my view over martial arts today and martial arts in the past. I more or less don't have faith in todays instructors to convey the esoteric teachings of any martial art. They just give you a knife and teach you to stab, without the proper ethical and spiritual if I may say so, preparation. This leaves the averege trainee with power, often more power than one can take, lacking the moral background of a true disciple, possibly ending killing someone in a stupid brawl...
Being somewhat of a mystic, mostly due to a family tradition starting not very long ago with my grandfather, I was drawn to the more subtle martial arts, the less martial and more artful ones. So, Neji, with his soft fists that utilize chakra, is reminiscent of Akido's "ki" and its properties. My knowledge on these matters is still very limited, I could only claim to know a few things about Aikido that I've read in a few books I bought (being genuinely interested in "ki" alone) and almost nothing of all other "ki" using martial arts. It'd be great if you and I had the chance to have a talk at some point. I'd like to know what you know, and have experienced :tem

Note, that I've also read a book on Ninpo by Shoto Tanemura, which I ought to read again soon, to refresh my memory, since it's an interesting book and it also reduced a lot of Ninja myths to a mass of info-rubble in my head...

Oops, I almost forgot! GK has had to answer this question too: Do your avatar and alias represent you in a way that you don't mind us associating you with them? Do you know that before I had the chance to look at your posts, what made me want to talk to you (i.e. approach you) was your (catty) avatar and alias? You know, before having a chance to read a few of GK's post the NF GK and the MH JK where almost two separate personalities in my head!! Still, GK is like Kakashi in my head, you are this cat/neko/anime person from Ireland (the lack of red hair is compensated by red eyes), Eileen is this fuzzy pic, constanly moving, that you just can't make sense out of (if you look closely at her ava it's Kakashi charging up a Chidori, though it took a while before I did that and the mental template had already been set, besides, a video can hardly be a "face", can it?) and Ratfox is slowly but steadily becoming a Panda in my head...