Games The RPG thread

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Where are you at in the game? I just defeated the Rat King.
Good bit past there, I think. I just reached Drippy's hometown.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Gotcha. I was planning to do some side quests first before heading to the next town.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gotcha. I was planning to do some side quests first before heading to the next town.
I bought it through the PSN on wednesday so I've had it a little while. Probably about 15 hours in.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh, I got mine yesterday.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Hmm... looks like there is a glitch in the game

The US version of the game ships with a save glitch that can corrupt a player's save, forcing them to restart the game from the beginning. It appears roughly 45 minutes into the game and can be avoided by simply saving after a certain mission in the game.
I guess I need to be careful then.
 

kimcheee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2013
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
United States
i really enjoy playing the Shin Megami Tensei series but as of late, i'm kind of disappointed -.-;;
the recent one i've played was innocent sin and i stopped playing after playing for 2 hours or so

Persona was a really good game...i even bought the original PS1 game on the PSN store to see the difference

but yeah...definitely disappointed in Atlus
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Anyone played the .Hack games? I'm watching the series and it seems that the game must be really weird, but good ^^
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I was rewatching the trailer for Monolith Soft's new game when I finally remembered who Kunihiko Tanaka (the character designer) was. He's the character designer for Xenogears and Xenosaga Ep.1! The fact that he's designing the characters plus the suspiciously similar X at the end have me thinking that this isn't going to Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but perhaps a new Gears or Saga or at least a game taking place in the same universe (despite the fact that they don't technically share the same universe).

Ok, upon closer inspection the X looks a little like the one on the Xenoblade Chronicles logo, however the red makes me think it has more to with Xenogears:

 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
New Fire Emblem Awakening trailer that goes over the class system.


Looks like they've made some Fanal Fantasy Tactics style additions to the job system. Man, just when I thought I couldn't be any more excited for this game.


Anyone played the .Hack games? I'm watching the series and it seems that the game must be really weird, but good ^^
I played all three PS2 Games. I'm not sure how they'd be now but at the time I loved them. The story worked very well in videogame form since it created a nice sense of immersion for narrative. Then there was the way the story covered all of them games which was fun. It felt like one long tale.

Sadly I don't remember the gameplay being particularly good.:p
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Now I really do have to get a 3ds and a WiiU and a PS3
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now I really do have to get a 3ds and a WiiU and a PS3
I'm sorry to do this to your wallet but... the first few Fire Emblem Awakening reviews are in.

Kotaku loved it
IGN loved it even more.

A Quote from IGN's review:

"Fire Emblem Awakening is the most fluid and stunning strategy RPG experience available on a portable, and features the best storytelling and production value of any 3DS game to date."

Or the 20 Reviews that are up on metacritic the lowest score is an 85!

--------------------------------------------------------------

From what the reviews said Fire Emblem Awakening is the kind of RPG I love most of all and it sounds very much like it's the RPG I've always hoped that series could be.

It gives you a bunch of great characters and lets your actions as a gamer effect them. That's why I've always loved that death is permanent in Fire Emblem. In addition, the actions you take with those characters result in different relationships with the rest of the cast. You influence as a gamer really effects the characters in the story. As long as the characters are good, and it sound like they very much are, that is amazing achievement.

It's like what the Persona series does with it's protagonist, but instead it's the whole cast!
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I'm sorry to do this to your wallet but... the first few Fire Emblem Awakening reviews are in.

Kotaku loved it
IGN loved it even more.

A Quote from IGN's review:

"Fire Emblem Awakening is the most fluid and stunning strategy RPG experience available on a portable, and features the best storytelling and production value of any 3DS game to date."

Or the 20 Reviews that are up on metacritic the lowest score is an 85!

--------------------------------------------------------------

From what the reviews said Fire Emblem Awakening is the kind of RPG I love most of all and it sounds very much like it's the RPG I've always hoped that series could be.

It gives you a bunch of great characters and lets your actions as a gamer effect them. That's why I've always loved that death is permanent in Fire Emblem. In addition, the actions you take with those characters result in different relationships with the rest of the cast. You influence as a gamer really effects the characters in the story. As long as the characters are good, and it sound like they very much are, that is amazing achievement.

It's like what the Persona series does with it's protagonist, but instead it's the whole cast!
God damnit!!!!! Screw it...3DS it is... >_<
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I lost my 3DS (along with my arts briefcase) in the subway the other day :(. There's a chance that it might be in the lost and found but I'm not that hopeful. Gah, it's like torture now that so many great titles are coming out, particularly Fire Emblem!
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
On Feb. 12th, Ni no Kuni will have a free DLC for the familiar, Draggle. Oh, and this trailer makes want to :scry

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,853
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I lost my 3DS (along with my arts briefcase) in the subway the other day :(. There's a chance that it might be in the lost and found but I'm not that hopeful. Gah, it's like torture now that so many great titles are coming out, particularly Fire Emblem!
Man, that hurts. Hopefully it finds it's way back to you one way or another.

http://en.signup.elderscrollsonline.com/


So I've got mixed feelings regarding the elder scrolls online...
I always have mixed feelings about MMOs. I played a ton of SWTOR but at the end of my gaming experience with it I was left feeling like it was a waste they just didn't make KOTOR 3 instead. Of course in Elder Scrolls Online at least it's a different company making it. So it shouldn't negatively effect Fallout or the main Elder Scrolls series.

Which is good as I still hunger for Skyrim DLC. I mean, I'll finally get to play Dragonborne this week (if I manage to set aside Fire Emblem at all) but I expected Bethesda to put out a lot more DLC than it has. It seems like kind of a waste.
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Anyone played the .Hack games? I'm watching the series and it seems that the game must be really weird, but good ^^
I played the PS2 ones, they were awesome. But opinions may differ. (I consider the series one of the top RPG games I played).
 

TheBoss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
1,281
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I played the PS2 ones, they were awesome. But opinions may differ. (I consider the series one of the top RPG games I played).
Awesome! I'll try it later xD

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

http://en.signup.elderscrollsonline.com/


So I've got mixed feelings regarding the elder scrolls online...
Errr I'm already playing a mmorpg and Skyrim was as fun as it was for me already. I know that they will face huge problems and I hope this doesnt end like FF14
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I need a new Super-Computer.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Moderator Notice:
If you wish to discuss about the Final Fantasy series, please do so over at The Final Fantasy Thread. I have already moved the posts discussing series over there. Thank you! :)~ riki
 
Top