Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Does anyone get a vague Grappler Baki vibe? I don't know if it's just me but it does vaguely feel like it for me.
not even a vague one. but then i don't associate classic 80s style muscular characters ala hokuto no ken with... downs syndrome and hideous art
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I think this maybe the first chapter that won't get me excited. It's the generic separate the heroes scenario. And they just happened to separate the two weaker characters with the two stronger characters.

Also, kind of disappointed with Sani's powers, though they are interesting. I hope when they show his "spirit" it's one of those creatures with tons of arms/hands. Similar to Netero's power in HxH.
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The level of absolute ridiculousness of some of the monsters in this series... I thought I saw it all with every new major monster, and then now we have the Regal Mammoth... How much more over-the-top can we get than this?

And what was with the GT Robot rampaging through the island? I mean, there's the obvious factor of showing how huge the Mammoth is, but did I miss another point besides it? I don't think so -_-

Finally, Toriko has once again successfully made me yearn for some of that Gourmet food @___@
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Lol this manga is so great I decided to catch up with. Yeah the regal mammouth, I so wanna see them standing face to face with it. What sani had, was just a child :rofl

anyway it seems they got seperated. Someone won't blame that situation :p
 

Tensai_Sakuragi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
68
Reaction score
10
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Awesome stuff.

Sani x Komatsu is just plain hilarious. In a cute way. :p

Also, Dining Kitchen is really powerful. Instantly capture in a 25-meters range? AWESOME.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Three of the Four Heavenly Kings have acknowledged the skills Komatsu has. Zebura is in jail right now so he can't give his opinion, but I'm sure he will be dazzled by the knife skills of our plucky young chef

The Soy-Grasshopper submission is pretty clever. I hope we see more submissions like that in the future chapters
 

GARusashi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
208
Reaction score
5
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

The small caption says all 4 Heavenly Kings gather next chapter

Probably a flashback though.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Yes the small caption indeed says zebura is on his way

Look forward to that... I wonder what monster he is

anyway sani and komatsu is funny. It's also cool to see how those heavenly kings kinda accept komatsu (sani, coco,...). They could see him as a burden or annoyance in their fights but komatsu knows to intrigue these guys :)
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

really? i was more under the impression that the colour spread will gather them but the chapter itself wouldn't....

and komatsu is doing a sterling job filling the 'manta role' of the series, every time he does something its a showcase that the super powerful other characters aren't everything
 

Kheops

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2006
Messages
268
Reaction score
800
Gender
Hidden
Country
Winterfell
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

i hope see Zebra soon !!
 
Last edited:

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Thanks for the spoilers, but for those of us who don't wanna know what happens until we actually read the chapter, could you put future spoiler posts in spoiler tags and specify that the tags do in fact contain spoilers? Doing that makes it easier to ignore a spoiler-post without reading the spoilers.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Hm yeah. The spoilers for Toriko are pretty long so I haven't been doing them. I'm the only one who's gonna translate them anyway.
It does say that on the cover they show Zebura on the color page, but facing away, we see his back. And a ton of other stuff happens.
But yeah, put that sorta thing in spoilers tags next time.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Lol, nice the volume's cover had zebura's back but we eventually didn't see him in this chapter. There'll be some other time for him to pop up. Anyway, it seems coco is headed towards toriko and co. Great to see how all those monsters/animals (except for one) ran away after toriko's great strength :p
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

There's a reason for that if you read the translation.
And yeah, it seems Zebura won't show up until the next arc since he's in jail or whatever. When they go to take on the Bishokukai.
I found it interesting Sani's hair was green blue pink and white. I'd imagined it as shades of orange to look like the sun. But it's cool, anyway.
This is the chapter cover, I'm trying to find a HQ version so the Manga Editors can put it in.


And this is the volume 3 cover:


I still haven't found any volume raws yet, when I do I'll upload them so someone can do a HQ scan. Plus so then there's some version of the old chapters by the one-person scan groups on mangahelpers.
 
Last edited:

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

This arc continues to be awesome. Both duos are really funny. Now, for the GT Robo rundown:

"Machine #8": destroyed by Toriko.
Military Robo (top): crushed by Regal Mammoth.
Striped-beak Robo (bottom left): somewhere in the vicinity of Toriko and Rin, as evidenced by his ride.
Black-haired Robo (bottom right): confronting Terry.
Robo from the Sandy Beach of the Cave: Wandering around - or is this smooth-haired, chained-up fellow a different one?

Joe-Joe mentions that "all four machines" are in the Biotope, so I am led to believe that the Sandy Beach Robo simply got a makeover - after all, there's probably a reason he gets a whole page to himself while the other three are all split on one.

We know the names of the operators (Zedoru, Zaiper, Dohsa, and Gido) but can't identify them with their robots.
 

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Mq Cover:


Thanks to Jojohot.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

looking at how much three of the four heavenly kings are like... handsome, you have to wonder how much the 4th is gonna fuck up that pattern
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

*coughraohcough*
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

dammit randal i was trying not to say it! XD
 

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Chapter 38 was awesome. I really liked the design of the Devil Athletics Playground, and Terry is kickass. I'm very excited for the remainder of this arc!
 
Top