Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

it's a nice chapter indeed, felt a little similar to one piece with the prison idea, especially using one underwater and the inner construction of the beehive, but I guess it's a pretty popular theme and it's adapted to Toriko in a brilliant way. who would have thought such a cruel place possible :s that though makes me wonder how the other two prisons work.
as for the next chapter I bet that the warden (such a spitting image xD and yet again fitting the theme, brilliant) doesn't want to let Zebra go because he's so intimidating towards the beasts from outside, they'd have a hell of a problem if he went away - resolved through... another sidetracking storyline in the forest maybe?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I agree with Akainu. This chapter reminded me a lot of one piece's prison chapter. Similar but different, it had its elements peculiar to the imaginary world of Toriko. I liked the monster designs and the assistant warden's character design a lot. Honey prison is a cruel place because the full menu course to death. Anyway very good chapter and I kinda look forward to that funny looking warden
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Hmm.. the babyish talk in the original version is completely abandoned in mangastream's version.

In any case, yet another unexpected twist from Shimabukuro-sensei. I wonder what kind of a character is this warden.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Of course there were similarities to One Piece's Impel Down, but Impel Down in itself is based on Alcatraz. Besides, it makes perfect sense to isolate prisons or ensure it's really difficult to get out of them, because their whole point is to keep the prisoners in them and away from the public. Both Oda-sensei and Shimabukuro-sensei did great jobs in designing the prisons to make them really unique to the worlds they had created. Sea stones in Impel Down, and specialised menus to torture prisoners in Honey Prison :)

I definitely wasn't expecting the warden to turn out the way he did :) And "warden love" :XD I think I'd better read the raw to see this "baby talk" - I wonder why MS left it as normal speech.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,217
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Still no spoilers out yet?
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Nope, nothing in the 2ch thread... Ohana probably forgot. We'll most likely get the scanlated chapter out from MS before spoilers surface.

I can't wait to see what sort of cell Zebura's in :XD
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,217
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Ah damn wish mangastream would make Toriko there top priority after One Piece. Zebura seems to be the execution/isolation chamber, but i bet he went through th e entire full course so they just shoved him in there. I feel sorry for Komastu Zebura wants to eat him.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

I'm trying to find an earlier scanner for my group (HWMN). It's hard to do though because it's not like they're all over or anything. Also my cleaner's been absent for a week and a half. So now we need to wait for him to come back and then catch up Editing like 3 issues. (It's happened before. He's the head of the Italian group Juin Jutsu Team, he'll get back after he fixes whatever computer problem he's probably got.)

What's with these things?:
http://image.space.rakuten.co.jp/lg01/55/0000764455/15/img070f9a1ezik1zj.jpeg
 
Last edited:

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Most likely promo's for the joint movie coming up
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Crazy just how strong Zebra really is. Obvious loophole on how he could have easily escaped when he wanted.

[koen]Spoiler tags added since no scan has been released[/koen]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
908
Reaction score
576
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Zebura's quite the screamer - literally! :amuse

But one might indeed wonder why he hasn't escaped up until now. Maybe he was intimidated by Ichiryū to stay in his place? :omg

[koen]Spoiler tags added since no scan has been released[/koen]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

hai_Priesty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
786
Reaction score
1,943
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

BarkLord,

I wonder if Ichiryu or others from his side convinced him that staying is the best policy since they're the only ones that can give him the best tips where to find the next Gourmet, and that he should restrain himself and wait for them to get him out "officially" when they can convinced people that IGO needs him.
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Chapter's out on MS, btw.

The warden can "transform"!!! :rofl And she likes Zebura :XD

As a science student, I always love when Shimabukuro-sensei incorporates real science into creating his characters or their features. Like back in the century soup arc with that guy who had anti-freeze on him. And here he does it again - using pheromones this time! :tem

Zebura is crazy strong!! :omg Like LoS, I'm wondering why he never escaped before. I guess it might have something to do with what Toriko said about it being just like him to request for his own execution multiple times.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Hello Hai, I didn't know that you read Toriko too. Be welcome over here :)

about the chapter: I wondered why I refrained myself from posting last week that I was thinking about the pheromones. I knew her power had something to do with that. It was also funny to know the reason why she was against Zebura's exit from honey prison. A man thinks about something serious and then eventually it was some plain and easy. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why Zebura didn't escape is due to some opportunity he saw. Maybe, honey prison was the best facility for Zebura to get stronger.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

There was something chilling about the way that everybody froze up when Komatsu asked what Zebra did to get locked up in the first place. We've been told that he is different than Toriko in that he kills more for pleasure than for sustenance like Toriko, and he savagely ripped apart the guy from the Gourmet Mafia. Did he wipe out entire species himself? Did he kill people over food? Something even worse? None of those would surprise me.

What surprises me is that Toriko still tries to act friendly towards him. He knows how dangerous and unstable the guy must be, and yet he still tries to greet him with a smile.
 

aise2i

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

From ohana (2ch):
料理で出所を祝うトリコ 小松
celebrate the release from prison by cooking
ゼブラは、牢の中で悪口を言ってたやつをフルボッコ
(dunno here... something to do with him telling how he beat up people who abuses him in the prison?)

料理食べ食べ〜
eat the dishes

森の魔物が出た!
Creatures of the woods came out!
ゼブラ『声』で倒す。
Zebra's voice beat them.
声がミサイルになったり、砲弾になったり。
His voice becomes missiles and shells(?).

魔物倒した後
After that...
ゼブラ これ食ったら 喉を潤してえな。
Zebra: If you eat this (probably referring to a monster he beat), it moistens the throat
トリコ 行くか!コーラ飲みに!
Toriko: Let's go to drink Cola.

menu9 メロウコーラ
menu9 Mellow Cola

終わり★サーセイ
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

A very small spoiler is still a spoiler. We already saw the effects of Zebra's voice and I kinda look forward what more it will bring. I think we haven't seen everything from Zebra. This mellow cola arc is probably going to be used for that. Eventually, it might be that he was locked up because of the impact of his voice :)
 

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
6,494
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Toriko by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi

Fixed some lines :)

ゼブラは、牢の中で悪口を言ってたやつをフルボッコ
Zebra thoroughly beats up anyone who spoke badly of him in the prison

ゼブラ これ食ったら 喉を潤してえな。
Zebra: Whenever I eat this, I need a drink (to moisten my throat)

I'm looking forward to seeing how Zebra's voice defeats the monsters :) I guess the part about his voice becoming missiles and bullets is sorta like how a chop from Toriko takes the form of a knife.
 
Top