The Chaser and the Chased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

It was very cold on some days, I had to wear around 5 layers :darn Luckily, most of my time was spent inside warm restaurants, department stores, book shops, arcades, clothing shops etc. Nanjing Road is absolutely full of them :amuse
5 layers!! :omg I'm glad that I usually go around September then. :XD I was going to go this holiday, but I didn't have time to...
Bahahaha yeah!! :tem Nanjing Road is so pretty at night. :XD Have you been to Qi Pu Road? There's basically 4 shopping centers on the corners of the intersection there! :blink

Can you speak Shanghainese?
My mum is Shanghainese and she talks to me in Shanghainese a lot, so I understand most of it. :tem But I can't speak it, I usually reply to her in Cantonese. :XD (My dad is Cantonese, and my mum is fluent in Cantonese as well.)

Definitely worth a try :) I was informed the food on the street tastes better, even if the presentation could use some work. I visited too many restaurants to remember names, but I do recall one, "Tang Dynasty", which I went to on my very last day. It was probably one of the more lower end restaurants I dined in, their V.I.P. rooms didn't have a private bathroom :-_-
I love the kebabs that they have on the street stalls! :drool When I was shopping at Qi Pu Road, we just had some kebabs for lunch. :D
Ohhh wow! :blink I think I've been there before. :XD Every time I go to Shanghai, my uncle takes us out to eat at classy restaurants every night. :tem
:lmao If you're complaining about the V.I.P. rooms not having a private bathroom, I bet you've been dining at super high-class restaurants a bit too much.

Oh right, silly me :amuse Which places have you visited in Shanghai? Have you been to the Shanghai World Financial Center? Or Jin Mao Tower?
I've been to quite a lot of places, since I usually go to Shanghai every year. :sweatdrop But I usually stay around Pu Xi rather than Pu Dong... But I have been to the Jin Mao Tower, and the Oriental Pearl Tower... but not the Shanghai World Financial Center.
Last year, I went to the World Expo! :tem Although the only pavilion I went to the Australian one... my dad didn't want to line up for other pavilions. :darn
I've also been to The Bund, the Shanghai Grand Theater, Cheng Huang Miao, and a whole lot of other places I don't remember because I was probably a kid then. :XD
How long were you in Shanghai for? :o
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: iPho

5 layers!! :omg I'm glad that I usually go around September then. :XD I was going to go this holiday, but I didn't have time to...
Bahahaha yeah!! :tem Nanjing Road is so pretty at night. :XD Have you been to Qi Pu Road? There's basically 4 shopping centers on the corners of the intersection there! :blink
Nanjing Road is indeed beautiful at night, one of the reasons being you can't see the pollution in the dark :amuse But, what vibrant nightlife! I don't think I've been to Qi Pu Road, might go next time I'm in Shanghai.

My mum is Shanghainese and she talks to me in Shanghainese a lot, so I understand most of it. :tem But I can't speak it, I usually reply to her in Cantonese. :XD (My dad is Cantonese, and my mum is fluent in Cantonese as well.)
Nice combination of ethnicities you have there :amuse

I love the kebabs that they have on the street stalls! :drool When I was shopping at Qi Pu Road, we just had some kebabs for lunch. :D
Ohhh wow! :blink I think I've been there before. :XD Every time I go to Shanghai, my uncle takes us out to eat at classy restaurants every night. :tem
:lmao If you're complaining about the V.I.P. rooms not having a private bathroom, I bet you've been dining at super high-class restaurants a bit too much.
So many nice restaurants in Shanghai :o And you can never dine too much at super high-class restaurants. Sometimes, it's not about the food, but the atmosphere.

I've been to quite a lot of places, since I usually go to Shanghai every year. :sweatdrop But I usually stay around Pu Xi rather than Pu Dong... But I have been to the Jin Mao Tower, and the Oriental Pearl Tower... but not the Shanghai World Financial Center.
Last year, I went to the World Expo! :tem Although the only pavilion I went to the Australian one... my dad didn't want to line up for other pavilions. :darn
I've also been to The Bund, the Shanghai Grand Theater, Cheng Huang Miao, and a whole lot of other places I don't remember because I was probably a kid then. :XD
How long were you in Shanghai for? :o
Pudong is the place to be nowadays :D It's literally becoming the financial and commercial center of the world. I would recommend visiting the Shanghai World Financial Center next time you're in Shanghai, it's really quite an experience. But I don't know how much you're into skyscrapers and I make it a rule to always visit the most recent tallest skyscraper in Shanghai whenever I'm there. Wow, I didn't get to go to the World Expo but I did hear the queues were massive (10 hours standing in the blistering summer sun to get into one pavilion :-_-). I was in Shanghai for three weeks.
 
Last edited:

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Nanjing Road is indeed beautiful at night, one of the reasons being you can't see the pollution in the dark :amuse But, what vibrant nightlife! I don't think I've been to Qi Pu Road, might go next time I'm in Shanghai.
Yeah~! I love Shanghai (and Hong Kong) for the nightlife there! :tem I love how you can just go out at night and all the shops are still open. :XD And here... most shopping centers are closed at 5... :sbunny

So many nice restaurants in Shanghai :o And you can never dine too much at super high-class restaurants. Sometimes, it's not about the food, but the atmosphere.
Haha yep~ Shanghai is expanding so much now, and everything is being renovated and modernized... I went to Shanghai in 2008, 2009 and 2010, I was surprised about how much it progressively changed every year. :blink
Yes, the atmosphere is always important. :XD You can never enjoy a meal if you're cramped in your seat, or if the restaurant smells weird... :XD We usually eat in the V.I.P. rooms when we're at a high-class restaurant... but the enclosed room makes it worse when people start to smoke. :darn

Pudong is the place to be nowadays :D It's literally becoming the financial and commercial center of the world. I would recommend visiting the Shanghai World Financial Center next time you're in Shanghai, it's really quite an experience. But I don't know how much you're into skyscrapers and I make it a rule to always visit the most recent tallest skyscraper in Shanghai whenever I'm there. Wow, I didn't get to go to the World Expo but I did hear the queues were massive (10 hours standing in the blistering summer sun to get into one pavilion :-_-). I was in Shanghai for three weeks.
Oh, wow! :o I've only been to Pu Dong twice I think... and they were both just short visits. :XD What is there to do there? I don't really know much about Pu Dong except for all the buildings you can see from the other side of the river... I'll ask to visit there next time I'm there! (Probably 2012 I think.) Melbourne has the Eureka tower, and I've been up there before... But I guess it can't really compare to the Shanghai World Financial Center, since it's just a bit more than half the height. -_-;
Well then, I guess you'll be happy to go to Shanghai in 2014! :XD By then, the Shanghai Tower would be finished. :tem I would really like to visit that! It looks so pretty... :o
The 10 hour queue was only for the Saudi Arabia pavilion, I think... It was the most popular pavilion there, besides the Chinese one. :XD I've heard that the China pavilion had an 8 hour queue, the Japanese one had a 4 hour queue and the South Korean one had a 3 hour queue... Well I guess I know which ones are the most popular! :XD
I was in Shanghai for 3 weeks last year as well! :tem Do you go to Shanghai very often? :blink
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: iPho

...and here I was thinking that me and Ed abused the ":XD" simley a lot. :lmao

What? :blink Sorry! :darn I guess some other mangas just popped up and I decided to read them first. >_>
Now, you're going to delay reading it until your next school break?


sadface~ At least read the first 20 chapters before you go back to school next week. That shouldn't be too hard. I've started reading Akaboshi. You should start reading One Piece. It's only right. Right? :D

Hiruma all the way!! :yaha and Kakei. :XD How about you? :nuts
Hiruma is a legend! He's one of my favourite characters too. :smile-big Apart from Hiruma; Monta & Komusubi are my other two favourite ES21 characters. :Gaipose

- Freaking scared about the homework load, but I'm looking forward to learn new stuff and seeing my friends again on a daily basis. :XD
hahaha the weekly h/w wasn't so bad for me. It was the coursework load that hit me hard during year 11. :darn You'll definitely enjoy every class during your final year in secondary; even the boring classes that you hated in the past will suprise you in the end. Trust me. The last year goes so fast. *.* So make sure you make the most of it and don't miss any classes! :p

- Erm... blue.
- Green. :oh
- Light green, you say? :nuts
YES! [sizept=2]Ok, I'll stop now. [/sizept]

No, I haven't been... I was going to go crabbing once, but I got sick about 3 days before the day... I didn't go in the end, since my mum thought that I would get even more ill from the cold. :XD
I haven't been crabbing. :XD

- Have you gone scuba diving before? :zomg
- Would you ever go sky diving? :zomg
- What about bungee jumping? :zomg
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

...and here I was thinking that me and Ed abused the ":XD" simley a lot. :lmao
Blame MSN! I use it way too much on MSN and my fingers just automatically type "XD" at the end of basically every sentence... -_-

Now, you're going to delay reading it until your next school break?


sadface~ At least read the first 20 chapters before you go back to school next week. That shouldn't be too hard. I've started reading Akaboshi. You should start reading One Piece. It's only right. Right? :D
The next school break is around April. It's not that far away! :XD
But... I've read until the middle of the Alabasta arc! :XD I'll just read 20 more chapters from there, yes?

Hiruma is a legend! He's one of my favourite characters too. :smile-big Apart from Hiruma; Monta & Komusubi are my other two favourite ES21 characters. :Gaipose
DEVIL BACKFIRE! *Random pose* Bahahaa yeah, Monta is awesome too. :XD And so is Komusubi! :thumbs
Man, I must've read E21 at least 5 times, but I still don't remember all their names. :darn

hahaha the weekly h/w wasn't so bad for me. It was the coursework load that hit me hard during year 11. :darn You'll definitely enjoy every class during your final year in secondary; even the boring classes that you hated in the past will suprise you in the end. Trust me. The last year goes so fast. *.* So make sure you make the most of it and don't miss any classes! :p
Haha I see... :XD Hopefully that'll be the case for maths... :sbunny
Yeah! Year 10 went by pretty fast as well! :blink I'll try not to miss any classes! :p Unlike someone. *Looks at BBBro*

YES! [sizept=2]Ok, I'll stop now. [/sizept]
Thank you for stopping. :noworry

I haven't been crabbing. :XD

- Have you gone scuba diving before? :zomg
- Would you ever go sky diving? :zomg
- What about bungee jumping? :zomg
No, I haven't been scuba diving before, but I would love to go at the Great Barrier Reef! :zomg
Yes. I would totally go sky diving~ :turtle My friend went sky diving in New Zealand this summer and she said it was awesome!! :D
Bungee jumping would be awesome too! :XD
But I would love to go zorbing! :zomg Although it's not as extreme as sky diving or bungee jumping, it looks like it'll be awesome fun! :zomg
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,765
Reaction score
26,139
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: iPho

How bout that, no question to ask.... :plot

So I'll just go with, how's it going Ice? :D
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Charlie!! :zomg It's good to see you again! :XD

I'm pretty good thanks, school starts in just a few days, so my mum has kind of banned me from going out. :notrust I went indoor rock climbing a few days ago, and my arms hurt like hell for a while. :XD

So tell me, are you coming back soon? Or are you already back here to stay? :zomg
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: iPho

Zorbing!!! :zomg

I wanna do that! :onoz

Sky diving is no. 1 on my list haha~ I don't know when I'll actually do it though. >< Bungee jumping, scuba diving and the rest can come later ha! :plot

Is Soul Eater on your reading list?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

Indoor rock climbing is so much fun! I haven't done it for awhile though.

Any plans for Chinese New Year?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Zorbing!!! :zomg

I wanna do that! :onoz

Sky diving is no. 1 on my list haha~ I don't know when I'll actually do it though. >< Bungee jumping, scuba diving and the rest can come later ha! :plot

Is Soul Eater on your reading list?
ZORBING~!!! YEAHHH!!! :turtle

Bahaha yeah, sky diving is number one for me as well. :XD It's just on another level from bungee jumping, scuba diving and zorbing. :XD

And yes, Soul Eater is on my reading list. :D

Indoor rock climbing is so much fun! I haven't done it for awhile though.

Any plans for Chinese New Year?
I've only been indoor rock climbing twice, I think. :XD There was a climbing wall about 2-3 meters high at my primary school, so that was a lot of good fun. :p

Hmm... Chinese New Year is actually on the second day back at school. -_-; I'm not sure if I have any plans or not, but I guess we'll be going out for lunch or something the weekend after it? :XD
How about you? :)
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

I guess my mom and I will make some Vietnamese food to celebrate Tết. Other than that, no idea.
 

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 3, 2009
Messages
6,103
Reaction score
4,043
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Fun Forum
Re: iPho

The next school break is around April. It's not that far away! :XD
But... I've read until the middle of the Alabasta arc! :XD I'll just read 20 more chapters from there, yes?


Haha I see... :XD Hopefully that'll be the case for maths... :sbunny
Yeah! Year 10 went by pretty fast as well! :blink I'll try not to miss any classes! :p Unlike someone. *Looks at BBBro*
You sound like me I was stuck in the middle of alabasta arc for 3 years until I finally decided to read it all at once. I guess I started to like one piece during skypiea arc which is after alabasta.

I don't skip classes :noworry ... at all :oh
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

I guess my mom and I will make some Vietnamese food to celebrate Tết. Other than that, no idea.
Ooooh~ Nice! :zomg A feast to celebrate? :amuse Speaking of Vietnamese food and seeing my thread title, I'm really craving for pho again. :darn

You sound like me I was stuck in the middle of alabasta arc for 3 years until I finally decided to read it all at once. I guess I started to like one piece during skypiea arc which is after alabasta.

I don't skip classes :noworry ... at all :oh
Bahahaha yeah. :XD I've been stuck in the Alabasta arc for... nearly 5 years. :blink

Riiiight. :oh
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: iPho

hey Ice
do u like sport? if yes witch one?
and whats the meaning of Icephoenix?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

What Vietnamese foods are your favorite?
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

hey Ice
do u like sport? if yes witch one?
and whats the meaning of Icephoenix?
Heya Scav! :XD
Bahahaha, both your questions have already been answered!

As for my user name, there were a couple of reasons as to why... a couple of years ago, I found some Naruto fan art. I really liked them and I also really liked the artist's name (I seriously can't remember the name now. @_@) Iceiphoenix is kind of a cheap rip-off from that person's user name on Deviantart... I think it was also because I like eating ice blocks. :oh
I'm not really into watching any sports, but I like playing badminton and volleyball... But during the Olympics, I like watching gymnastics and diving. :XD
What Vietnamese foods are your favorite?
Hmm... I haven't really tried a lot of Vietnamese food, but out of all the dishes I've tried, my absolute favourites would be pho and rice paper rolls! :drool
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

Those are definitely delicious.

In fact, I had pho for dinner tonight. :tem
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: iPho

Ohhh, nice!! :zomg Was it homemade? :wtf

Bahaha :XD I might go have some pho this weekend. :XD
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: iPho

Yep, it was homemade. :)
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Re: iPho

Yo ice, hows life? Hows it like going back to a fixed schedule after your holidays? XD
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top